Blitz Biathlon

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

DeathByTank2 #41 Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:10 PM

Private

• Players
  • 22487 battles
  • [VNGE4]

Has anyone noticed the best of 5 uses only the first battle? I had about 850 in battle one, over 1200 (not X2) in battle 3, yet I only got the 850. I saved screenshots if anyone cares. Anyone?

xNamelessTank #42 Posted 08 April 2018 - 12:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18768 battles
  • [E---L]
just so people know (thats why i hate have so little info about event before they appear) even if you play rating you wont be getting for free the chieftain, you probaly gonna waste at least 500 gold for the tank, which is not expensive but you have to play everything right, i got 1300 exp base playing as a gold in rating and still think wont be getting it for free (even if some say its possible, it is, but too much for it, 15k emblems for a 5th try to get it for free, dont give me that WG, about 1k win-games to get that opportunity) so WG nice one full pockets i guess, and i though it would be at least dificult but free, not dificult but f*** you in the last part :angry:

Edited by xNamelessTank, 08 April 2018 - 12:35 AM.

its_just_a_game_ #43 Posted 08 April 2018 - 04:06 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3358 battles
  • [BB_]

View PostxNamelessTank, on 08 April 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

just so people know (thats why i hate have so little info about event before they appear) even if you play rating you wont be getting for free the chieftain, you probaly gonna waste at least 500 gold for the tank, which is not expensive but you have to play everything right, i got 1300 exp base playing as a gold in rating and still think wont be getting it for free (even if some say its possible, it is, but too much for it, 15k emblems for a 5th try to get it for free, dont give me that WG, about 1k win-games to get that opportunity) so WG nice one full pockets i guess, and i though it would be at least dificult but free, not dificult but f*** you in the last part :angry:

They never promised a free tank. Just a chance.

RibbleStripe #44 Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:52 AM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 182 battles

View PostDeathByTank2, on 08 April 2018 - 12:10 AM, said:

Has anyone noticed the best of 5 uses only the first battle? I had about 850 in battle one, over 1200 (not X2) in battle 3, yet I only got the 850. I saved screenshots if anyone cares. Anyone?

Could you show screenshots please?

KanKanMikan #45 Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:09 PM

Vladimir-Taichou no Tanku

• Players
  • 20556 battles
  • [PURPL]

View PostDeathByTank2, on 07 April 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

I had a 1,085 base XP earned on my first battle in my Grille (with Premium) and at the 3rd battle I earned 1,264 base XP. The top XP earned changed to the recent one I got which is 1,264.

Perhaps yours didn't register?

Tier X: IS-7, IS-4, Object 140, Grille 15, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, E 100, Obj 268, T57 Heavy, Maus

First MAHOU/ANEKI member to reach Diamond League

Blartch #46 Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:12 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 49477 battles
  • [SPUD]

Dropping in to say I think you guys finally put one of these together very, very well... it's possible to get for free, but not EASY and doesn't NECESSARILY take an eternity of grinding... you can get it free with either skill or dedication... there are no crates... you can make up grind shortcomings for a reasonable amount of money... and the tank is even historical in nature vs. some cartoony thing.

Bravo, more!

theFANTASTICfox #47 Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:03 PM

sparepartsophobia

• Players
  • 18507 battles
  • [PNCR]
If there was an event where the main prize was the M60A2, I would not even try to grind it. I would buy it immediately.

#4 in the LeKpz 41 (with TwisterCup camo), #6 in the M41 Walker-Bulldog, and #8 in the T37

This is what BlitzStars is reporting, so I might be reading something incorrectly...

Certified Anti-FV215b 183 Extremist

Mr_Mayhem71 #48 Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33427 battles
  • [AAD]

View PostBlartch, on 09 April 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Dropping in to say I think you guys finally put one of these together very, very well... it's possible to get for free, but not EASY and doesn't NECESSARILY take an eternity of grinding... you can get it free with either skill or dedication... there are no crates... you can make up grind shortcomings for a reasonable amount of money... and the tank is even historical in nature vs. some cartoony thing.

Bravo, more!

Very much so. After some of the other recent event events I’m pleased with this one also.

IHPBooD.gif
Working as intended 

Storm216 #49 Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

Wait, HEAT isn't standard ammo?!

• Players
  • 23611 battles
  • [ANVIL]

If I already had the Chieftain from the fair a few months ago, would I get gold for completing this event?

Anyone know?

mlacunza #50 Posted 10 April 2018 - 10:23 PM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 35279 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View PostStorm216, on 10 April 2018 - 09:39 AM, said:

If I already had the Chieftain from the fair a few months ago, would I get gold for completing this event?

Anyone know?

in similar cases I got only credits...

Saludos!

RibbleStripe #51 Posted 11 April 2018 - 07:18 AM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 182 battles

View PostStorm216, on 10 April 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

Anyone know?

3 000 000 credits.

_The_Tactition_ #52 Posted 11 April 2018 - 12:04 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 18451 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 11 April 2018 - 07:18 AM, said:

3 000 000 credits.

That’s decent there.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

halygon #53 Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15281 battles
  • [_KILL]

Actually I like the mechanics behind this event but I have really two main problems that could be fixed in the next event fairly easily.

1. the last two projectile cost suddenly jump to 17k trophies?  OMG!!! Up to that point they were too easy then a huge jump.  This alone is the reason most people won’t get an end prize. https://i.imgur.com/X6k8nXi.png
  2. Second is the trophy reward for battles and missions is waaaay too low making #1 impossible to achieve without gold.

The fix is simple.  People don’t mind grinding but it has to be a reasonable goal.  Bump up the trophy acquisition rate and balance out the trophy requirement for each stage.  Should be harder at earlier stages and less impossible at later.

Without changes like this you are just creating events that have zero benefit for the player and all the benefit for WG in gold purchases.

My favorite event to date was the is3-defender event a couple years back that had a huge(but reasonable exp grind to get the tank).  Keep the events fair and allow folks to speed up the process with gold and your events will be fine.  Make events only possible by gold like you have been and players hate it and resent WG.

Edited by halygon, 11 April 2018 - 02:31 PM.

mlacunza #54 Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:37 PM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 35279 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View Posthalygon, on 11 April 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

Actually I like the mechanics behind this event but I have really two main problems that could be fixed in the next event fairly easily.

1. the last two projectile cost suddenly jump to 17k trophies?  OMG!!! Up to that point they were too easy then a huge jump.  This alone is the reason most people won’t get an end prize. https://i.imgur.com/X6k8nXi.png
  2. Second is the trophy reward for battles and missions is waaaay too low making #1 impossible to achieve without gold.

The fix is simple.  People don’t mind grinding but it has to be a reasonable goal.  Bump up the trophy acquisition rate and balance out the trophy requirement for each stage.  Should be harder at earlier stages and less impossible at later.

Without changes like this you are just creating events that have zero benefit for the player and all the benefit for WG in gold purchases.

My favorite event to date was the is3-defender event a couple years back that had a huge(but reasonable exp grind to get the tank).  Keep the events fair and allow folks to speed up the process with gold and your events will be fine.  Make events only possible by gold like you have been and players hate it and resent WG.

Sorry but the idea of a company is make money WG said clearly some good players can get the tank for free.... And that's possible... Second you make a BIG mistake there, you need to unlock only the lower level first 600 + 17500 (the other one is more expensive 1200+17500) and see if you can get the tank, I'm doing it, at the end I'll need 1000xp in a Tier X game very easy....

Saludos!

halygon #55 Posted 11 April 2018 - 02:47 PM

Private

• Players
  • 15281 battles
  • [_KILL]

View Postmlacunza, on 11 April 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

Sorry but the idea of a company is make money WG said clearly some good players can get the tank for free.... And that's possible... Second you make a BIG mistake there, you need to unlock only the lower level first 600 + 17500 (the other one is more expensive 1200+17500) and see if you can get the tank, I'm doing it, at the end I'll need 1000xp in a Tier X game very easy....

“Possible” is a very relative term.  Of course WG should make money or else we would be out of a game but there’s a difference between being greedy and not.  All of the recent events have been on the greedy side of WG.  Any that have been around a while know that the last event that was not truly just a WG cash grab was the helsing one years ago.  After that it felt like WG leadership changed.

I don’t think everyone needs to win but I also believe events should be winnable by normal players with extra effort.  This event is not that.

I buy plenty of gold so it’s not the cost for me, it’s the principals of what make a good experience.

mlacunza #56 Posted 12 April 2018 - 01:28 AM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 35279 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View Posthalygon, on 11 April 2018 - 09:47 AM, said:

“Possible” is a very relative term.  Of course WG should make money or else we would be out of a game but there’s a difference between being greedy and not.  All of the recent events have been on the greedy side of WG.  Any that have been around a while know that the last event that was not truly just a WG cash grab was the helsing one years ago.  After that it felt like WG leadership changed.

I don’t think everyone needs to win but I also believe events should be winnable by normal players with extra effort.  This event is not that.

I buy plenty of gold so it’s not the cost for me, it’s the principals of what make a good experience.

I got my Drácula playing very hard that time, I got my Pz70 playing very hard and using some little amount of gold I got others tanks for free playing well and hard, now I'll going to get the Chieftain for a little amount of gold too... English is not my mother language but "possible" is possible in whatever language it's on your hands get it for free (like I watch for many YouTubers) or paid for it if your are not enough good player...

Saludos!

NaDa_22 #57 Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28968 battles
  • [_V_]

View Posthalygon, on 11 April 2018 - 02:26 PM, said:

Your complaint #1 and #2 are one and the same. 

That is the skilled component to this event. If you are really good at the game, prizes are doable with just 4 Projectiles, though getting Chieftain will likely cost some gold. 

So WG is giving those who are less skilled, (or was hit with a bad stretch of 5 games) a chance to compete for 1 or 2 more Projectiles through grind - which is similar to the Defender event. 

I think the confusing aspect of the event is that the Projectile should be done with Ranked Matches, which awards additional base XP for a win (granted, I don't know how this factors in if the player is in Silver League). Since a lot of players don't play Ranked, and probably did not bother reading through the instruction, they missed out a chance to get additional base XP. 

wanglaiyu13936171700 #58 Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:47 PM

Private

• Players
  • 10736 battles
  • [GOT]

1. maybe WG could think about less complicated events like back in Drac and Helsing event.....

2. maybe design some better event tanks that acturally match the requirement of their own tier..?  its just that i saw a chieftain 1v1 a tierVII Panther and beaten bad

3.is this 17500trophies per projectile serious? lets say that you make 500xp per battle with premium account.....15per battle...17500/15is about 1170battles....im sure many people does not have the time to do 117 games per day which cost about 10hours only playing WOTB......the gold spending on the projectiles are almost the same as for unlocking Chieftain.

I can accept doing some easy missions and quests to get a low tier weak tank and it is a fun event tank, but i just cant believe the suffer people that doesn't want to spend gold and cash into a tank thats weak enough to be taken out by lower tiers....pls consider for upcoming events

tho again thx for for duck battles earlier it was quite some fun :)

Thatguyujustmet #59 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:59 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9369 battles
  • [XWING]
Thanks for a cheap premium WG!  :izmena:

Viper8757NC #60 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20201 battles
  • [III-S]

Question for WG:

Why was this a 10 calendar day event and not an event that ran 10 days from the time when you logged on to the event, like other events have been in the past?

Some of us work for a living.  Some of us travel internationally for that work.  Some of us may have had finals, or had a meniscus tear repaired, or a root canal, whatever....

It took me less than 5 days to almost finish.  I would have appreciated the additional 5 days to finish completely.  

For that reason, this event was a fail.

Thanks for the free boosters, though.  You got no gold from me because you didn’t give me a full 10 days to finish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users