So...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

a_cookie #1 Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9779 battles
  • [MAHOU]
How is the Churchill 1 and 7 used? Currently going for the 7 and on the 1 currently

Junko tank

The updated-updated story of a_cookie

Play the single word game here

Official Grammar Nazi, here to help!

He still owes me 100 warchests    B1, The destroyer of worlds  T-10M, The destroyer of universes  Chen shall rise again  Junko tank is best tank

HumanCoookie #2 Posted 05 April 2018 - 06:08 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16630 battles
  • [_STR8]
I don't own either, but from observing other players I can say play it kind of like an E-100. It's slow so don't hang back where flanking enemies can kill you easily and don't push to hard as your turret armor is pretty weak. This seems to be amazing at side scraping and pumping out shots. Basically don't be stupid and play it like a normal heavy tanks for the most part. 

I semi left the forums. I only edit my tutorial and suggestions threads and post WoTB videos. Why I semi left.

My suggestions thread for game improvement (now on Google Docs)

also i lerned to hyperlink yay

Brainiac_Br #3 Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8062 battles

I just finished the trio, I always judge tanks by 3 categories: Gun, Armor and Mobility

The Churchills guns are okayish, their bad part is the 4º gun depression (gets beter on BP with  8º ), and dpm compensate the low alpha, otherwise they have good pen numbers for their tier (except the BP, his pen is lame), so fight head on avoid hills.

Their armor profile is frontally stupid (except Church VII, its good enough), while on side armor the church I is useless and the other two are real sidescrapping monsters, also they have good frontal turrets specially church VII. With the first your armor  ain't reliable just acept it, with the other two sidescrape, sidescrape and sidescrape.

Mobility wise they... well... don't have it. So its important to get to hard cover near you to difficult COD shenanigans. 

Here is how I saw them:

- Churchill I: Ok Gun, Bad Armor, Bad Mobility. Bad tank! Thank God I'm done with it! Never again!

- Churchill VII: Good Gun, Good Armor, Bad Mobility. My favorite of the trio! Feels like a true heavy! Slow and armored, get wrecked vs tier 7 though.

- Black Prince: Ok Gun, Good Armor, Bad Mobility. Yes BP is a Churchill, its an Ok tank, but never gonnna play this thing again, can bounce tier 8 IS spam derps! But barely pen them even with prammo! Love the "true heavy" felling but couldn't stand the Pen on his gun, this alone made the grind painful af.

As in any tank line in the game they have their pros and cons, I enjoyed the true heavy feelling, every brawl was exciting, but the BP gun alone make me never want to do this line again! :P

Now to the Caervanon! :justwait:

Edited by Brainiac_Br, 05 April 2018 - 12:33 PM.

__The_Dude_30__ #4 Posted 05 April 2018 - 12:47 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 21530 battles
  • [CRU2L]

This is kind of odd topic, but I have a BP tip. Use the atock

gun. The pen is good enough and the RoF is almost Comet worthy. Give it a try.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

Ajax_Retro #5 Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1465 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

View PostBrainiac_Br, on 05 April 2018 - 12:26 PM, said:

I just finished the trio, I always judge tanks by 3 categories: Gun, Armor and Mobility

The Churchills guns are okayish, their bad part is the 4º gun depression (gets beter on BP with  8º ), and dpm compensate the low alpha, otherwise they have good pen numbers for their tier (except the BP, his pen is lame), so fight head on avoid hills.

Their armor profile is frontally stupid (except Church VII, its good enough), while on side armor the church I is useless and the other two are real sidescrapping monsters, also they have good frontal turrets specially church VII. With the first your armor  ain't reliable just acept it, with the other two sidescrape, sidescrape and sidescrape.

Mobility wise they... well... don't have it. So its important to get to hard cover near you to difficult COD shenanigans. 

Here is how I saw them:

- Churchill I: Ok Gun, Bad Armor, Bad Mobility. Bad tank! Thank God I'm done with it! Never again!

- Churchill VII: Good Gun, Good Armor, Bad Mobility. My favorite of the trio! Feels like a true heavy! Slow and armored, get wrecked vs tier 7 though.

- Black Prince: Ok Gun, Good Armor, Bad Mobility. Yes BP is a Churchill, its an Ok tank, but never gonnna play this thing again, can bounce tier 8 IS spam derps! But barely pen them even with prammo! Love the "true heavy" felling but couldn't stand the Pen on his gun, this alone made the grind painful af.

As in any tank line in the game they have their pros and cons, I enjoyed the true heavy feelling, every brawl was exciting, but the BP gun alone make me never want to do this line again! :P

Now to the Caervanon! :justwait:

Strange I found that the Churchill I to have decent armour decent enough to side scrape off of dead tanks and buildings but the turret is a huge weak spot on the Mk I pure flatness. Maybe its just me and my instinct to always angle my Churchill.  

Edited by Saksham_Limbu, 05 April 2018 - 01:46 PM.

Visitor from the EU server.

Most played tank: Vindicator UM with 286 battles.

Current line grind: France 

Lights : tier IX, Heavies: Tier VI, TD: Tier V. 

Current tanks that I enjoy playing: B-C 12 AP, AMX 13 75, Vindicator UM.  

Brainiac_Br #6 Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8062 battles

View PostSaksham_Limbu, on 05 April 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Strange I found that the Churchill I to have decent armour decent enough to side scrape off of dead tanks and buildings but the turret is a huge weak spot on the Mk I pure flatness. Maybe its just me and my instinct to always angle my Churchill.  

Churchill I armor is unique for the trio, only frontal hull is good (178mm vs 152mm from the other two), however the side and turret armor are really bad, 64mm vs 95mm on the sides (at least don't get triple overmatch from KV-2 :()  and 89mm vs 152mm of turret armor in comparsion wih the other two.

anonym_2ZNiJLJL8ln2 #7 Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 0 battles

View Posta_cookie, on 05 April 2018 - 05:56 AM, said:

How is the Churchill 1 and 7 used? Currently going for the 7 and on the 1 currently

You drive at the enemy like you are driving a Matilda and you don't stop shooting until they all die.

It worked in the Churchill 1, should have worked in the Churchill VII but I sold it after KV-2 AP took off my track and 1HK.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users