rework on tech trees?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Tsgames #61 Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:41 PM

Private

• Players
  • 14131 battles
  • [DKTM]
This is completely false. How can i tell? Transparency. If WG actually posted this, they wouldnt use their schools photoshop and use the eyedropper tool to blot out lines and cut cand crop others. You would still be able to see a garage in the background.

_Malicious_ #62 Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:49 PM

“Hot-headed”

• Players
  • 22382 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I really really hope this is false. One thing I like about WoT Blitz compared to the other tank crap on the Google play store is the huge variety of armoured vehicles to pick and play.

It'd also make battle more boring with less variety of tanks to destroy.

This would honestly be terrible move by WarGaming.

Wombeer #63 Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29342 battles
  • [HRNET]
After looking at this again, I see no reason why WG wouldn't do it. Stupid that they'd remove something like the M3 Lee though...you know, a REAL tank. :deer:

SpartacusDiablo #64 Posted 02 May 2018 - 04:57 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25941 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostChariot_Solace, on 09 April 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

Ribble’s reply of “no comment” on another thread just strengthens my belief that this is real.

I still completely agree.  I'm fairly confident that this is happening.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

NWasabi #65 Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1875 battles
  • [OC-OC]
It's total rubbish. The image says that some tanks will be flat out removed. WG wouldn't do this, and it doesn't help credibility that the "reworked" tech tree has been subject to some blatant image manipulation.

Edited by NWasabi, 02 May 2018 - 05:09 PM.

RogueGen #66 Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23335 battles
  • [PROWE]

View PostNWasabi, on 02 May 2018 - 05:07 PM, said:

It's total rubbish. The image says that some tanks will be flat out removed. WG wouldn't do this, and it doesn't help credibility that the "reworked" tech tree has some fairly obvious image editing.

I don't buy it either. The garage has been badly colored over and WG removing so many actual historical and popular tanks makes little to no sense. The Hellcat, E2, Pz IV, PZ III/IV, and they just added the Firefly line a few updates ago (4.4?). Why announce they're going to remove it right after they added it?

SpartacusDiablo #67 Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25941 battles
  • [III-R]
As I've said elsewhere....

If you had told me prior to 3.8 that Wargaming would loot my garage of it's equipment, give me 1/12th it's value in a new currency, introduce a new complicated equipment system, timers, and generally turn game balance upside-down I would have told you that you're insane.  

Fast forward to now and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this is real.

NWasabi #68 Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1875 battles
  • [OC-OC]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 02 May 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

If you had told me prior to 3.8 that Wargaming would loot my garage of it's equipment, give me 1/12th it's value in a new currency, introduce a new complicated equipment system, timers, and generally turn game balance upside-down I would have told you that you're insane.

I know a lot of people have strong feelings about 3.8. But the effects of it aside, it was a rework rather than a removal of the system, for better or for worse. Completely removing tanks that players have cumulatively played hundreds of thousands of games in with no compensation is ridiculous. You may have lost equipment in 3.8, but at least players were compensated with something and we still have an equipment system. And WG employees have undoubtedly put a good amount of effort in creating models for these tanks and balancing them, only to be removed for no reason. As far as I know WG has never simply removed tanks, only replaced them.

There is also the problem of balance. Based on these images, if you want to go down multiple lines you will have to play ONE tank that leads to two or three lines for a lot longer than you normally would.

SpartacusDiablo #69 Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25941 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostNWasabi, on 02 May 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

I know a lot of people have strong feelings about 3.8. But the effects of it aside, it was a rework rather than a removal of the system, for better or for worse. Completely removing tanks that players have cumulatively played hundreds of thousands of games in with no compensation is ridiculous. You may have lost equipment in 3.8, but at least players were compensated with something and we still have an equipment system. And WG employees have undoubtedly put a good amount of effort in creating models for these tanks and balancing them, only to be removed for no reason. As far as I know WG has never simply removed tanks, only replaced them.

There is also the problem of balance. Based on these images, if you want to go down multiple lines you will have to play ONE tank that leads to two or three lines for a lot longer than you normally would.

A couple of points.

A.  I'm not going to put anything past them at this point.

B. RibbleStripe has confirmed that low tier balance is a focus for 5.0.

C. RibbleStripe stated "no comment" when asked about the tech tree rework.  In my experience on the forum Wargaming tends to reply with a denial when the claim is false and a "no comment" when the claim is true or based in truth.

Only time will tell...

Shellingstar #70 Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1085 battles

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 02 May 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

A couple of points.

A.  I'm not going to put anything past them at this point.

B. RibbleStripe has confirmed that low tier balance is a focus for 5.0.

C. RibbleStripe stated "no comment" when asked about the tech tree rework.  In my experience on the forum Wargaming tends to reply with a denial when the claim is false and a "no comment" when the claim is true or based in truth.

Only time will tell...

Have you thought about how the picture came out around April 1st?

SpartacusDiablo #71 Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:58 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25941 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostShellingstar, on 02 May 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Have you thought about how the picture came out around April 1st?

I have.

I've also considered that Blitznews has been a fairly reliable source and he was very vocal in defending it on Facebook.  I don't know if he'd put his credibility on the line over a joke.

Shellingstar #72 Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:08 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1085 battles
Whatever happens, if they touch my metal children, I'll hold their wallet hostage.

Wombeer #73 Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29342 battles
  • [HRNET]

View PostShellingstar, on 02 May 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

Whatever happens, if they touch my metal children, I'll hold their wallet hostage.

"metal children" :D

fangs58 #74 Posted 06 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 43725 battles
  • [WHC]

At first I thought this was a bunch of hooey. But the more I think about it the more I start to become convinced that this is real. We are all thinking that this is a huge impact to the player base but I don't really think so. Now I love some of these tanks that they are talking about removing. But some of these tanks are also not really played that much. Look at the six tanks from the UK in the red box. I assume based on SD's previous translation that those tanks are being removed. Here are the player numbers for the past 90 days for those six tanks from blitzstars

Medium 1      90 

Medium 2      54

Medium 3      28

UC 2 pdr        31

Cruiser 1        58

Valentine At    47

If we assume the tanks in the orange box become premiums then you have a nice new list of premium tanks

Valentine

Sherman Jumbo 

Hellcat

Luchs

Panzer III/IV

Marder II

Not sure if it is real or not but with ribble not willing to deny it something is sure to change. 

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

dport02 #75 Posted 06 May 2018 - 11:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29328 battles
  • [-FE4R]

View Postfangs58, on 06 May 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

At first I thought this was a bunch of hooey. But the more I think about it the more I start to become convinced that this is real. We are all thinking that this is a huge impact to the player base but I don't really think so. Now I love some of these tanks that they are talking about removing. But some of these tanks are also not really played that much. Look at the six tanks from the UK in the red box. I assume based on SD's previous translation that those tanks are being removed. Here are the player numbers for the past 90 days for those six tanks from blitzstars

Medium 1      90 

Medium 2      54

Medium 3      28

UC 2 pdr        31

Cruiser 1        58

Valentine At    47

If we assume the tanks in the orange box become premiums then you have a nice new list of premium tanks

Valentine

Sherman Jumbo 

Hellcat

Luchs

Panzer III/IV

Marder II

Not sure if it is real or not but with ribble not willing to deny it something is sure to change. 

I’m wondering what if you already have that “premium” in your garage.

BrickSniper33A #76 Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 65 battles
You mfs can steal my luchs and Jumbo then resell them to me in a fcking crate event over my dead metal body!

In civilized countries saying Star Wars is better than Dr. Who and Star Trek should be punishable by death.

Official Cybermen obsessed Dr. Who nerd and omnisexual pervert of Blitz https://www.blitzsta...m/BrickSniper33

j0nn0 #77 Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:52 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 19664 battles
  • [XREGS]

Well, since this thread seems like it’ll be active again, I might as well throw I my pair of pennies since the thread has matured a bit.

1. This being WG after what they’ve done in 3.8, the t-49 & SP1C neutering, the high tier Brit medium screw ups, event SNAFUs, and other instances, I wouldn’t put anything past them. Let’s just say that the only faith I have left in WG at the moment is that sooner or later, everything good will be FUBAR’d for the sake of “balance”, “dynamic gameplay”, or just because they can.

2. A tech tree rework would make things more linear, yes, but also more stagnant. More so in the lower tiers since variety will decrease dramatically. It would make it easier to progress and it in itself is both good and bad. Good because things are slightly more simplified. Bad because morons now have a much easier time of getting into higher tier games that much sooner. Okay, I may be blowing that last bit out of proportion, but I do not fancy playing games with players who can hardly point and shoot in a tier where even campers should have a modicum of skill.

3. To people citing a more streamlined gamefile... that’s just ridiculous. A tank model is nothing compared to a map in terms of raw file size or complexity, to speak nothing of the actual game engine and various other game resources. Heck, audio files for most standardized languages are already present within game but can only be heard when you change your device’s localized system language and region setting. If the audio alone was truncated to just your localized language (with the option of DLing and using the others manually), I’m sure we’d save on a small chunk on file size.

4. Well, in the event that WG does go through with this (and I honestly expect something along these lines to happen soon enough), then I have enough resources to reclaim most the affected tech tree tanks before they’re removed entirely from the game. With any luck, they’ll actually provide a worthwhile “compensation” for them if/when pulled, but, again, I don’t expect much with what they’ve shown of their operating policies from 3.8.

I may have a few too many tanks. I think I was over 150 in garage by last count.

Wombeer #78 Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 29342 battles
  • [HRNET]
I'm going to reapportion my tier 1-6 stat rehab/ ace chase process from some indeterminate time in the future to RIGHT NOW lol. God it would suck if tehy took these tanks away and permanently made it impossible to finish all aces.

RommelTanker #79 Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4656 battles
  • [_DX2_]

I thought I laid this in its own grave due to the lack of positive confirmation from someone in touch with the development team?

Just to make sure: These rumors are likely a sham. The reason being is the poor photoshopping done by the distributor, and the visible fact that a Tier 1 has a research cost, which shouldn't be the case if the photos were taken directly from the test server. There's also the fact some of the vehicles being removed are highly suspect. The Pz.Kpfw. II Luchs and M18 Hellcat? WG would have a larger riot on their hands removing these and making them premium than if they nerfed a Tier VII premium that costs 50$. These are some of the best tanks in the game, people. Use your heads. There are a multitude of explanations to a "low tier rework" that don't have to just be this overinflated and hyped rumor.

Just like RibbleStripe's vague confirmation of a Tier VII LT buff, these reworks could very well be a simple rebalancing to reinforce specific roles found within the lines they belong to. This can mean stuff like the Vicker Mk. 1 getting an armor buff, the MS-1 could get a mobility and gun handling buffs, god knows.

Something something insert joke here

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users