• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

___ez_e___ #21 Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63450 battles
  • [GORT]

View Postdindincf, on 09 April 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

What do real wars have to do with this game?  People aren’t behind enemy lines they are dropping kids off at the pool or on their couch.

Come on now.   This game is supposedly art imitates life since we are using pixel representations of actual vehicles and battlefields.   

What does this game have to do with real wars?   Everything since it’s based loosely on history.    What I mean by that is, this is the game creators attempt to bring back those vehicles and events.  

Exactly, people are dropping kids off at the pool so in the scheme of things this is just a game.   Nothing more.  So winning is fun, but it really doesn’t matter outside our little imaginary pixel world.  

Edited by ___ez_e___, 10 April 2018 - 12:01 PM.

Strigger___ChatBanned #22 Posted 10 April 2018 - 12:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4557 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Post___ez_e___, on 10 April 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

Come on now.   This game is supposedly art imitates life since we are using pixel representations of actual vehicles and battlefields.   

What does this game have to do with real wars?   Everything since it’s based loosely on history.    What I mean by that is, this is the game creators attempt to bring back those vehicles and events.  

Exactly, people are dropping kids off at the pool so in the scheme of things this is just a game.   Nothing more.  So winning is fun, but it really doesn’t matter outside our little imaginary pixel world.  

Apparently WWII tanks had hitpoints, going by this logic

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

dport02 #23 Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31187 battles
  • [-FE4R]
Helsing dracula cough. Just to name a few. Yes it’s based off real tanks from real wars, but it’s supposed to be arcade style, not like War thunder or a simulation game.

Edited by dport02, 10 April 2018 - 01:04 PM.

RNG is rigged !

ABN_TNKR #24 Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 36173 battles
  • [ABRMS]

View Post___ez_e___, on 10 April 2018 - 06:45 AM, said:

Are you that uneducated to not realize that the US has by far,  the best modern military force in the world.   You should know about the friendly fire deaths in Iraq, especially Pat Tillman.  

Your one little army stint does not make you knowledgeable on the subject and history of warfare.  

I do know about military since my bro went to Marine Corp OSC, served multiple times in Iraq, and is now a Lieutenant Colonel.   My dad served in the Navy.   One cousin graduated from The Naval Academy in Annapolis and another graduated from West Point Military Academy.   Both had tours in Iraq.   That’s just a few of the folks in my family in the military.  

So I come from a military family.  

I’m not even bothering justifying what I had said about warfare as it should be obvious.  

I fixed my spelling mistake.   I was just in a rush.   

I wouldn’t call my almost 20 years in the Army a little stint. Oh and Pat Tillman didn’t die in Iraq, he dies in Afghanistan. Friendly fire happens, it sucks but it happens due to the fog of war, but I guess you already know that from your long service as a “military family member”.

“A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.”

GEN Patton

___ez_e___ #25 Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63450 battles
  • [GORT]

View PostABN_TNKR, on 10 April 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

I wouldn’t call my almost 20 years in the Army a little stint. Oh and Pat Tillman didn’t die in Iraq, he dies in Afghanistan. Friendly fire happens, it sucks but it happens due to the fog of war, but I guess you already know that from your long service as a “military family member”.

You are right it was Afghanistan (my bad), however the point was that you tried to make it seem these things never occurred in wars.  

My brother has about the same amount of time as you and I’ve watched him grow from OSC, then an ECMO in a EA-6B Prowler.  Then he got injured during training and no longer can fly medically, but was still able to advance his career.    I feel terrible that he can no longer fly as that was his passion.  My family and I are very proud that he is very close to being a Brigadier General.   He’d be the first General in the family if he can get there.  

Edited by ___ez_e___, 10 April 2018 - 02:35 PM.

___ez_e___ #26 Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63450 battles
  • [GORT]

View Postdport02, on 10 April 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

Helsing dracula cough. Just to name a few. Yes it’s based off real tanks from real wars, but it’s supposed to be arcade style, not like War thunder or a simulation game.

I said loosely based.   Clearly they got to adapt and try to make money by creating content.  

Edited by ___ez_e___, 10 April 2018 - 02:40 PM.

Ericmopar #27 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3271 battles
It's just a game.

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

krietenstein34 #28 Posted 10 April 2018 - 03:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30949 battles
  • [HAHA]
PTG............................   Participation Trophy Generation
:girl:

Holy_Outlaw #29 Posted 10 April 2018 - 05:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31659 battles
  • [501DV]
To win is fun....to lose is not fun. All these players that say , " I just play for fun, I don't care about win rate." Remember what General George C. Scott said in the movie " Patton."  " America loves a winner.......and will not tolerate a loser." 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users