• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Knopka_NA #121 Posted 03 September 2018 - 09:39 AM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostGollum42, on 31 August 2018 - 07:49 PM, said:

Is there no tournaments this weekend?

This weekend we held Blitz Twister Cup Preliminaries. That's why no other tournaments have been published for this weekend.

Jose_Palomino_2018 #122 Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:33 AM

Private

• Players
  • 3203 battles
  • [REOPS]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 30 April 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

Can you change the format of the weekend tournaments to best of 3 instead of best of 1? Best of one is really short and feels kind of stupid

RexyComandante #123 Posted 11 December 2018 - 12:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
The main goal of the first stage is advancing the most responsible teams to the next stage. It's helping to reduce amount of teams who doesn't come to battle. If we change format to Bo3, the tournament will take much time.

Knopka_NA #124 Posted 18 December 2018 - 12:02 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

Dear players!

All tournaments on December 31th are cancelled. Spend your time with your family and the warmth of home!

From January 1st all tournaments will be held as previously.

Happy New Year and Merry Christmas! :girl:

PlantEarly #125 Posted 21 December 2018 - 07:46 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4995 battles
  • [OV-C]

Is there a reason why the tournament information screen is "uncopiable"?  Makes it difficult to accurately share specifics like deadlines with clan members when it can't be copy/pasted into the chat.  :(

~ PlantEarly

Knopka_NA #126 Posted 28 December 2018 - 07:55 AM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostPlantEarly, on 21 December 2018 - 10:46 PM, said:

Is there a reason why the tournament information screen is "uncopiable"?  Makes it difficult to accurately share specifics like deadlines with clan members when it can't be copy/pasted into the chat.  :(

~ PlantEarly

Hello!

As a solution: to share the information you could make a screenshot and share with others.

S_W_A_T_Z #127 Posted 31 December 2018 - 11:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18057 battles
  • [-TRB-]

Are the off-season winter tournaments coming back? I believe those were held on Saturdays and Sundays earlier this year

Thanks 

PlantEarly #128 Posted 01 January 2019 - 12:17 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4995 battles
  • [OV-C]

View PostKnopka_NA, on 28 December 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

Hello!

As a solution: to share the information you could make a screenshot and share with others.

Thank you, but I can't attach a screencap into Game/Clan chat. 
The game does not do much to facilitate communication between players/clans, when the clipboard will not function.
Getting dozens of virtual strangers to install Discord, or another FBook account, or swap email addresses....it not simple.
The game could do a much better job of promoting social interaction.

~ PlantEarly

RexyComandante #129 Posted 16 January 2019 - 01:23 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

A slight changes in the schedule of tournaments for next week: Gold and Silver series tournaments will be held on Sunday, 27th of January. Bronze series tournaments will be held in normal schedule: on Tuesday (22th of January) and on Thursday (24th of January).

In addition, starting by 18th of January, Normandy map will be added into the list of maps for tournaments for all tiers.

__Flip_Fl0p__ #130 Posted 16 January 2019 - 02:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 47672 battles
  • [BHOTT]
Are we ever going to get the off season win rate matched tournaments again? I know that you don't want those all the time but it was a nice break and change from the usual match making. I know my clan liked it a lot and I'm sure a lot of others did too. It might be a good way to encourage tournament play, maybe a few times a year for a short period.

RexyComandante #131 Posted 18 January 2019 - 07:59 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Post__Flip_Fl0p__, on 16 January 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

Are we ever going to get the off season win rate matched tournaments again? I know that you don't want those all the time but it was a nice break and change from the usual match making. I know my clan liked it a lot and I'm sure a lot of others did too. It might be a good way to encourage tournament play, maybe a few times a year for a short period.

We usually use "Strongest - Weakest" group seeding in season tournaments, because this seeding is useful to determine the best teams. On other hand, the main goal of off-season is training. It means that "Groups of death" seeding is much better in this case.

H2OMAN10 #132 Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 46445 battles
  • [BHOTT]

View PostRexyComandante, on 18 January 2019 - 07:59 AM, said:

We usually use "Strongest - Weakest" group seeding in season tournaments, because this seeding is useful to determine the best teams. On other hand, the main goal of off-season is training. It means that "Groups of death" seeding is much better in this case.

If this is the case, why should weaker teams even enter if all they are going to do put them up against the strongest just to walk over them. No fun is that for the weaker team.  

It sounds like you just want the very strong teams to enter, ie the pramos can play the pramos and to hell with the weaker teams.

InkaPanzer #133 Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:07 AM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 48479 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View PostH2OMAN10, on 22 January 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

If this is the case, why should weaker teams even enter if all they are going to do put them up against the strongest just to walk over them. No fun is that for the weaker team.  

It sounds like you just want the very strong teams to enter, ie the pramos can play the pramos and to hell with the weaker teams.

Agree.

Saludos desde Perú!

RexyComandante #134 Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:53 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostH2OMAN10, on 23 January 2019 - 02:47 AM, said:

"Strongest - Weakest" principle is used in seasons, because the main goal of each season is determining the best teams. We won't change this principle for seasons, because in this case the team, which will be placed first, may not be the best.

For now, we are using "Group of Death" principle in the classic tournaments, because off-season is time for training. It means that you can play against teams, which similar with your team by average percent of wins. It helps all teams to see their mistakes and correct them before the season.

MSGTGlitterGlue #135 Posted 23 January 2019 - 04:37 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12022 battles
  • [CHEF]

View PostTFWorld_Jenn, on 29 April 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

One suggestion I would like to make is for tank line ups to be limited for tournaments.  For example, 3 of each tank type max.  You could implement it by not allowing other players to ready up if the tank type is maxed out.

Thanks for all the work you guys do!

this is good. it will stop some of the arl44 spam in tier 5/6 tournaments

H2OMAN10 #136 Posted 23 January 2019 - 07:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 46445 battles
  • [BHOTT]

View PostRexyComandante, on 23 January 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

"Strongest - Weakest" principle is used in seasons, because the main goal of each season is determining the best teams. We won't change this principle for seasons, because in this case the team, which will be placed first, may not be the best.

For now, we are using "Group of Death" principle in the classic tournaments, because off-season is time for training. It means that you can play against teams, which similar with your team by average percent of wins. It helps all teams to see their mistakes and correct them before the season.

In season, yes I can understand that you are putting the strongest against the weakest and battling to find out who is the strongest. BUT offseason you are just doing the same thing. We are not going up against team of similar wr%, 50% wr are going up against 60% wr on the first Battle. And in most cases, it is a one game knock out. So why should the weaker teams even enter, we are just blown out of the water for one game, no chance advance at all. We are NOT learning anything as per your statement.

RexyComandante #137 Posted 06 February 2019 - 08:18 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostH2OMAN10, on 23 January 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

In season, yes I can understand that you are putting the strongest against the weakest and battling to find out who is the strongest. BUT offseason you are just doing the same thing. We are not going up against team of similar wr%, 50% wr are going up against 60% wr on the first Battle. And in most cases, it is a one game knock out. So why should the weaker teams even enter, we are just blown out of the water for one game, no chance advance at all. We are NOT learning anything as per your statement.

Another principle applies for the second stage. We use Strongest - Weakest principle for the first stage because much teams did not come to the battle in previous season. It caused a big quantity of technical loses/wins (some groups did not have actual battles at all). I think that it wouldn't be better if you wouldn't have battles at all instead battles against stronger opponents.

Knopka_NA #138 Posted 19 February 2019 - 02:03 PM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

Dear players!

Day tournaments on February 20 are cancelled because of technical maintenance of the tournament system.

The tournaments will be hold aсcording the plan from February 21st.

Slackman01 #139 Posted 04 March 2019 - 08:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 20530 battles
  • [ACER_]

I am locked into last Saturday's tier X tournament. I am unable to create a team at all for tonight, Monday, or tomorrow's Midseason tier X. In addition the tournament schedule shows Wednesday's March 6th tournament as Current while Monday's tournaments and Tuesday's tournament's are shown as in the Future. This is not correct. Wednesday is also in the future.

I see in the WoTB Discord server I am not the only one with this problem. I tried reinstalling the game but that didn't and that did not fix it.

This needs immediate attention please. There is a tournament tonight. 

Edited by Slackman01, 04 March 2019 - 08:18 PM.

H2OMAN10 #140 Posted 04 March 2019 - 10:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 46445 battles
  • [BHOTT]

View PostSlackman01, on 04 March 2019 - 08:02 PM, said:

I am locked into last Saturday's tier X tournament. I am unable to create a team at all for tonight, Monday, or tomorrow's Midseason tier X. In addition the tournament schedule shows Wednesday's March 6th tournament as Current while Monday's tournaments and Tuesday's tournament's are shown as in the Future. This is not correct. Wednesday is also in the future.

I see in the WoTB Discord server I am not the only one with this problem. I tried reinstalling the game but that didn't and that did not fix it.

This needs immediate attention please. There is a tournament tonight. 

I submitted a ticket about this problem. Everyone from the two team our clan entered has this problem. I got an answer from WoTBlitz. They told me that the tourney was incorrectly played, therefore it is rescheduled for Wednesday. As a result an tourney from now(Monday afternoon) we can not enter. This includes Monday and Wednesdays Quick tourneys and Tuesdays off season tourney.    But then WoTBlitz does not give a [edited].

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users