Off-Season Tournaments Discussion

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

Travoltavich #21 Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:56 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6 battles

View Postmlacunza, on 07 May 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

A player of my team don't get his prizes yet, all the others members got it. We play Tier 8 tournament tonight, group 7 and we win it. He already send a ticket, he play 3 or more battles. Ticket I'd: 2561063

Can you take a look? Thanks

Hello! 
I will look at this one. Will figure out what happened.

View PostSGM_zorbaz, on 07 May 2018 - 10:02 PM, said:

Will we have a qualifying tournament for the Amazon Mobile Masters 2018? The event is behing held in Seattle on June 23-24.

In few hour will be announcement and players will get all info.

RexyComandante #22 Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles
Minimum counts of battles for rewards were decreased from 5 to 3 in the Weekend Tournaments. 

ScumbagJuJu #23 Posted 08 May 2018 - 03:05 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25240 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostSGM_zorbaz, on 07 May 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Will we have a qualifying tournament for the Amazon Mobile Masters 2018? The event is behing held in Seattle on June 23-24.

Be sure to watch live on Twitch.TV

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas 17/Seattle 18 Mobile Masters Finalist

Spring Season Professional Champion

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count

InkaPanzer #24 Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:06 PM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 41542 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View PostRexyComandante, on 08 May 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

Minimum counts of battles for rewards were decreased from 5 to 3 in the Weekend Tournaments. 

uhm... I dont know that, where can I see that rule for the others tournaments? Anyways my teammate I think play more than 3...

Saludos!

Travoltavich #25 Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6 battles

View Postmlacunza, on 08 May 2018 - 09:06 PM, said:

uhm... I dont know that, where can I see that rule for the others tournaments? Anyways my teammate I think play more than 3...

It is only for Weekend tournaments because of personal prizes.
In other tournaments we use Prizes for team in proportion.

Travoltavich #26 Posted 11 May 2018 - 03:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6 battles

View PostTravoltavich, on 10 May 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

It is only for Weekend tournaments because of personal prizes.
In other tournaments we use Prizes for team in proportion.

Hello players!
We have canceled Off-season Weekend IX-X #5 and #6 tournaments because of the low number of teams.

TFWorld_Jenn #27 Posted 11 May 2018 - 05:45 PM

Spreadsheet Queen

• Players
  • 26373 battles
  • [-BA-]
It looks like the registration times changed for the weekend tournaments so we were not able to register.  We planned to do the tier 8 on Saturday.  :( 

H2OMAN10 #28 Posted 12 May 2018 - 02:42 PM

Private

• Players
  • 35188 battles
  • [BHOTT]

We had two teams to enter the weekend tourneys, one in each 7/8 and one in 9/10 and for Saturday and Sunday. Registration normally closed an hour before tourney start time. You must have changed the closing times and caught everyone off guard. So if you are saying that you cancelled the tourneys because of low registration, that is your fault and has disappointed us because of it. We liked the weekend tourneys because we battled clans of our wr% not the purples and pramos of WoT blitz. Where's the fun in getting steamrolled over by them.

mightymiddy #29 Posted 12 May 2018 - 04:28 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18946 battles
  • [TX4J]
What in the world is going on now????  You change the registration close time to 10AM Sat morning for BOTH the SAT and SUN???  I really hate that you cannot stick with a simple plan of closing the registration at 8PM ET (1 hour before the tourney).  It is not that hard to do.  I thought you had all the bugs worked out of the system well  guess not!  I agree 110% with H20MAN10 above that is completely on the you fault for changes the times.  Dont blame us the people that make you stay in business.  We love playing in these because you play the same caliber clans as well.

Slackman01 #30 Posted 12 May 2018 - 05:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18056 battles
  • [ACER_]

WG has canceled this weekend's tournaments. The reason given for canceling them is "low number of teams."

Does WG even understand why there are such a "low number of teams"? I will try to explain it for you. The reason there is a "low number of teams" is because you changed the registration deadline without giving anyone prior notice or a heads up.

Without warning you erased the teams we were forming when we missed your unannounced new deadline.

My clan planned to enter 2 teams on Saturday and on Sunday.

I hope the Weekend Tournaments return and if there is ever a registration deadline change again please give us plenty of prior notice.

Thanks.

Edited by Slackman01, 12 May 2018 - 06:15 PM.

Travoltavich #31 Posted 13 May 2018 - 08:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6 battles

Hello players.
Yes, we changed the registration time and wrote about this here. As we see it wasn't enough.
Anyway now we are looking for perfect format of tournament on one week, so changes happened and will happen in future.
It's not really comfortable for you we understand that, but the goal is to make perfect format of regular weekly tournaments.
Please, leave you feedback what's going wrong and what you like - it will help us to make tournaments better.
I glad to read that you like weekend tournaments, I think soon we will stop on one format without changes.

I_Maverick_I #32 Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:14 PM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 17309 battles

View PostTravoltavich, on 13 May 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

Hello players.
Yes, we changed the registration time and wrote about this here. As we see it wasn't enough.
Anyway now we are looking for perfect format of tournament on one week, so changes happened and will happen in future.
It's not really comfortable for you we understand that, but the goal is to make perfect format of regular weekly tournaments.
Please, leave you feedback what's going wrong and what you like - it will help us to make tournaments better.
I glad to read that you like weekend tournaments, I think soon we will stop on one format without changes.

It's quite simple. The most agreed upon time for a tournament to start is between 5:30-6:30 PST, or 8:30-9:30 EST. To be honest, I always feel bad for my Eastern Coast friends for having to stay up till 11 to finish a tournament, I think 5:30 PST or 8:30 EST would be a better time to start.

These Quick Tournament sign-up times are great. If we could start registration perhaps 2 or 3 days before the tournament starts, so that people can commit to it and plan other events with that in mind, and end registration halfway through the tournament so you can sign up right when the tournament will start, that would be ideal. This system really works for all tournaments.

TFWorld_Jenn #33 Posted 14 May 2018 - 02:31 AM

Spreadsheet Queen

• Players
  • 26373 battles
  • [-BA-]

View PostTravoltavich, on 13 May 2018 - 02:29 AM, said:

Hello players.

I looked back and saw that it was announced in this thread.  I had just missed the post.  An announcement in game would be helpful since I'm sure some clans do not check the forums.  Thanks for your work to improve the tournament system.

H2OMAN10 #34 Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:38 AM

Private

• Players
  • 35188 battles
  • [BHOTT]

View PostTFWorld_Jenn, on 14 May 2018 - 02:31 AM, said:

I looked back and saw that it was announced in this thread.  I had just missed the post.  An announcement in game would be helpful since I'm sure some clans do not check the forums.  Thanks for your work to improve the tournament system

I would say that most clans do not look here for information about changes to WoT Blitz. We read the announcements that you send out to the area where we play,

SO if you had sent a message there, you would have had teams for the tourneys. YOU are at fault for the poor turn out for the weekend tourneys. The forum is for discussion, not for announcements. You want to announce something, then send it to the WoT Blitz site where we play.

Travoltavich #35 Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:12 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6 battles

Hello players!

Some changes have been implemented to the Off-season Weekend tournaments since the next weekend (May 26-27):

• Saturday tournament will be held on the previous schedule: 8 teams in each group, Round Robin, Bo1. But we renewed the maps available in those tournaments:

Tiers VII-VIII: Himmelsdorf, Canyon, Dead Rail, Oasis Palms, Port Bay, Castilla, Winter Malinovka.

Tiers IX-X: Himmelsdorf, Canyon, Dynasty's Pearl, Mayan Ruins, Yamato Harbor, Fort Despair, Winter Malinovka.

• The format of Sunday tournaments has been changed a bit: 4 teams in each group, Round Robin, Bo3. Maps for those tournaments will be chosen from the list of available:

Tier VII-VIII: Himmelsdorf, Canyon, Dead Rail, Oasis Palms, Port Bay, Castilla, Winter Malinovka, Yamato Harbor.

Tier IX-X: Himmelsdorf, Canyon, Dynasty's Pearl, Mayan Ruins, Yamato Harbor, Fort Despair, Winter Malinovka, Dead Rail.

Now registration closes in one hour before tournaments start

Also, we have done some changes in quick tournaments:

• Schedule: Now quick tournaments will be held on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 6:00 PM (PT) / 9:00 PM (ET). So you will have two days without tournaments each week and you can spend them in the random, Rating battles or in training rooms, preparing new tactics.
  • Maps: we changed the list of maps at each level, where tournaments will be held and in the future, we will periodically change them.
  • Also in the list of tournaments there will be only actual tournaments and it should be easier for you to decide in which one you will participate.

We will be glad to hear your feedback on all these changes.
Have a good fights!

Player_0307968393 #36 Posted 19 May 2018 - 07:01 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1527 battles
  • [__YT_]

View PostTravoltavich, on 10 April 2018 - 01:02 PM, said:

Off-Season Tournaments Discussion

In this topic you may discuss about tournaments in Off-season.

Please don't forget to note number, type (Quick or Weekend) and tiers of the tournament you're talking about.

HODL #37 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23945 battles
  • [FL-TH]
I think if you allow people to play both on PC and Mobile, then these off season championships and professionals tournaments should be allowed to be played by PC users as well. 

Travoltavich #38 Posted 20 May 2018 - 10:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6 battles

View PostHODL, on 20 May 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

I think if you allow people to play both on PC and Mobile, then these off season championships and professionals tournaments should be allowed to be played by PC users as well. 

We allow it only for regular tournaments, which target on most part of the players.
All major tournaments will be only in touch mode.

iRaikkonen #39 Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26401 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostHODL, on 20 May 2018 - 05:40 AM, said:

Remember that blitz is a mobile game. If you want to play on a computer, play wot pc. It’s simple

RexyComandante #40 Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:21 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostHODL, on 20 May 2018 - 05:40 AM, said:

Regular tournaments are allowed on the PC and Mobile because of this is the regular activity and we want that players can participate without some additional troubles.

Regarding Major tournaments (like a Professional tournament, Off-season championship etc.): these tournaments target to players who want participate in the offline events in further. All offline tournaments are held using mobile devices. That's why we don't allow to participate in Major Tournaments using PC.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users