Stories From The Otherside

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

WipWapJaws #1 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:07 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 41364 battles
  • [WKD]

I thought I would use this thread to share stories from in game that just boggle the mind. 

Fortunately we have such a "special" player base that there should be no shortage.

So if you have and weird or just down right stupid stories from your Blitz travels please share them here for everyones enjoyment just remember not to name and shame.

Afleet_Alex #2 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62685 battles

The other day I had a kv1 on my team who had our teams first five kills. 

It was down to a 2 vs 2 and there was no way I was going to kill a red while he had a seven kill alive.

Both reds are a one shot at this point.

He starts chewing me out in chat for not helping him ...

He dies and I kill the last two reds.

We win.

He gives me a thumbs up.

Weird situation.

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #3 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10272 battles
  • [COD]
We had a clan hopper visit our clan recently—an avg tier 4 reroll. He then left after getting an invite from what he considered a "unicum clan." However, the clan he left for was ranked significantly lower than us on the 30/60/90 and all-time Blitzstars leaderboards. Thought that was a bit ironic hehe

Edited by _UrgleMcPurfle_, 13 April 2018 - 04:30 PM.

I love nothing more / Than my beautiful, succulent chins . . .

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Looking for a tournament clan? Click here.

WipWapJaws #4 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:31 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 41364 battles
  • [WKD]

Just had a tier 8/9 match on Rockfield, called the team to go right towards the back of the map. Our T28 goes left and sits in a position where he cant hit anything if the reds also go to the back of the map.

On the reds is a Toon of mediums from a very good and well known clan driven by a pair of 65% plus WR players.  I have never met these players but do recognise their names. 

I call out to my team to watch for them and take them out quickly if possible.  The match goes well its close but we are slightly up when I notice the red toon making a hard flanking manoeuvre to get behind us.  They spot the T28 (who is still sitting in the same spot) and engage him,  I turn to go back and help him.

When I arrive I see the one of the toon sitting behind the T28 blocking him and the other side hugging the turretless TD.  Fortunately I was driving a T30 and they wee both one shots for me and I was able do get rid of two dangerous players quickly and save the T28.

The response from the T28 cracked me up. Generally u might get a "Tnx" or an affirmative in chat.

Instead I got  "F U Kill Stealer!"

For the rest of the match he carried on this 

"They were my kills, F ing Kill Stealer" 

"Kill Stealing F er"

and on he went for the rest of the match which we incidentally won.

Afterwards he messaged me in chat "F U Kill Stealer"

I replied that their is no such thing as kill stealing and any way I saved your back side from two dangerous players that were taking you apart.

His response "I had them right where I wanted them"

I threw my hands up and walked away from the conversation at that point,  I looked at his profile sure enough he was a 40%er playing tanks way above his current skill level and 9000 matches in the T18 (that should tell you all you need to know about him)

Anyway I look forward to seeing other peoples stories.  Use it as a place to share the funny, the stupid or just rant. 

Edited by WipWapJaws, 13 April 2018 - 04:34 PM.

Herbie_N124 #5 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7943 battles
  • [TS2]

too common to quote a specific instance, but my favorite is quickly becoming the YOLO-charger that gets annihilated, spams rage in the chat like, "no help, worthless/nub team, thanks MM", etc., then we go on to win the game without him.  

Been very common this week.  

WipWapJaws #6 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:41 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 41364 battles
  • [WKD]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 14 April 2018 - 02:30 AM, said:

We had a clan hopper visit our clan recently—an avg tier 4 reroll. He then left after getting an invite from what he considered a "unicum clan." However, the clan he left for was ranked significantly lower than us on the 30/60/90 and all-time Blitzstars leaderboards. Thought that was a bit ironic hehe

Did he go to Grims?

I have done that where I expect a Grim unicorn and then take him apart easily.  I am feeling chuffed until I look at the post match scores and see that he is a 47% player...  I have always wondered if those guys get focus fired from people confusing them with Grim

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #7 Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10272 battles
  • [COD]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 13 April 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Did he go to Grims?

I have done that where I expect a Grim unicorn and then take him apart easily.  I am feeling chuffed until I look at the post match scores and see that he is a 47% player...  I have always wondered if those guys get focus fired from people confusing them with Grim

No, he went to another clan; I would prefer not to name them because they are a good clan and I don't want to display them in a negative context. Not as good as us tho :trollface:

NaDa_22 #8 Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33169 battles
  • [_V2_]

I don't think it's a coincidence that most good players don't even bother engaging with the community, other than their own little circles. 

There are simply too many players who just keep spamming the battle button and reply back "F U nub" to any attempt to engage them into a rational discussion. There is no cure to this - other than just ignoring everyone altogether and focus on individual performances. 

Ruby_Rose_ #9 Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:15 PM

I don't need help growing up! I Drink Milk!

• Players
  • 13451 battles
  • [FLOOP]

View PostNaDa_22, on 13 April 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that most good players don't even bother engaging with the community, other than their own little circles. 

There are simply too many players who just keep spamming the battle button and reply back "F U nub" to any attempt to engage them into a rational discussion. There is no cure to this - other than just ignoring everyone altogether and focus on individual performances. 

They can't beat the classic "no u" though.

Made by Panbun

"Efficiency is Just Clever Laziness" 

Want a RWBY signature? Here

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #10 Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10272 battles
  • [COD]

View PostRuby_Rose_, on 13 April 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:

They can't beat the classic "no u" though.

I remember a couple weeks ago I met a salty boi and hit him with a "no u" and he went ballistic in PMs. A solid 15 lines of pure rage.

Ruby_Rose_ #11 Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:55 PM

I don't need help growing up! I Drink Milk!

• Players
  • 13451 battles
  • [FLOOP]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 13 April 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

I remember a couple weeks ago I met a salty boi and hit him with a "no u" and he went ballistic in PMs. A solid 15 lines of pure rage.

100% Works

Made by Panbun

"Efficiency is Just Clever Laziness" 

Want a RWBY signature? Here

9_V0LT #12 Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4291 battles
  • [OGRE]

Was observing on Port (I'd died halfway through) and it was down to one red and two greens.

A Churchill and a SP1C that decided to cap out, instead trying to chase down the remaining red medium. 

It was one of those battles where everyone was brawling everyone.

The entire battle was like a knife fight in a phone booth.

The Church was still half green, but the SP1C was down to just a sliver of red. 

While Im watching these tanks countdown the seconds; the Church rumbles to life an slowly (it's a Churchill, so how else) rolls over to the barely alive sp1c and slides itself next to the smaller tank, so it's covered from the hills by the Church's body. 

A half second later, the Sp1c moves a little closer to the Church, nudging itself tighter against the bigger tanks protective side plates. 

I was actually kind of moved, seeing this. 

It felt like I was watching a baby calf, nuzzling against a protective momma. 

I should add, all of this happened, without a word being spoken by anyone. 

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

therealrattler #13 Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:38 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7848 battles
  • [FOGS]
I was in Yamato harbour in the SP1C. It was me on 350 health as well as a full health amx 1375 vs a drac on 370, a kv 2 on 500 and a t29 on 600. I'm alone in the part where the hilly part of the map and the drac surprises me. He misses the shot and the ram and I tap him for 225 and the 1375 goes hero mode out if nowhere, Rams the drac, shoots the drac , killing him and then gets #deleted by the kv2. At this point, I'm on 300 health and we're down by 100 base points, but we have the same # of bases. I start to head to A on the ship when all of the sun the t29 lurches out from the box behind me. I instinctively wiggle knowing I'm a oneshot for him. I laugh as I see his prammo round bounce my tracks. As soon as I turn the corner, im met with the dreaded 152 mm gun less than 10 ft away. I laugh again as his shell loops right into the dirt. I successfully make it on to the ship and cap a. I spot the kv 2 and shut him down with a heat round. But where is that t29...Out of the blue the t29 rounds the corner, and shoots me, leaving me with 20 something health bc he was using prammo. I darted toward B( under the ship) and waited for the cap- 970, 980...just before it hit 990 the t29 appeared at the brink of the ship. This was it gg-right? Wrong. The t 29 just had to get his gun down by leaning, but over-leaned...and blub blub blub. The amount of times nub entered the chat was astronomical. What a guy lol

fangs58 #14 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:30 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28909 battles
  • [WHC]

View Posttherealrattler, on 13 April 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

I was in Yamato harbour in the SP1C. It was me on 350 health as well as a full health amx 1375 vs a drac on 370, a kv 2 on 500 and a t29 on 600. I'm alone in the part where the hilly part of the map and the drac surprises me. He misses the shot and the ram and I tap him for 225 and the 1375 goes hero mode out if nowhere, Rams the drac, shoots the drac , killing him and then gets #deleted by the kv2. At this point, I'm on 300 health and we're down by 100 base points, but we have the same # of bases. I start to head to A on the ship when all of the sun the t29 lurches out from the box behind me. I instinctively wiggle knowing I'm a oneshot for him. I laugh as I see his prammo round bounce my tracks. As soon as I turn the corner, im met with the dreaded 152 mm gun less than 10 ft away. I laugh again as his shell loops right into the dirt. I successfully make it on to the ship and cap a. I spot the kv 2 and shut him down with a heat round. But where is that t29...Out of the blue the t29 rounds the corner, and shoots me, leaving me with 20 something health bc he was using prammo. I darted toward B( under the ship) and waited for the cap- 970, 980...just before it hit 990 the t29 appeared at the brink of the ship. This was it gg-right? Wrong. The t 29 just had to get his gun down by leaning, but over-leaned...and blub blub blub. The amount of times nub entered the chat was astronomical. What a guy lol

Out of thumbs up sorry. Me thinks the T-29 was driving in sniper mode. There needs to be a PSA about that or something. Don't drive in sniper mode, especially near water. 

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

fangs58 #15 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:34 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28909 battles
  • [WHC]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 13 April 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Just had a tier 8/9 match on Rockfield, called the team to go right towards the back of the map. Our T28 goes left and sits in a position where he cant hit anything if the reds also go to the back of the map.

On the reds is a Toon of mediums from a very good and well known clan driven by a pair of 65% plus WR players.  I have never met these players but do recognise their names. 

I call out to my team to watch for them and take them out quickly if possible.  The match goes well its close but we are slightly up when I notice the red toon making a hard flanking manoeuvre to get behind us.  They spot the T28 (who is still sitting in the same spot) and engage him,  I turn to go back and help him.

When I arrive I see the one of the toon sitting behind the T28 blocking him and the other side hugging the turretless TD.  Fortunately I was driving a T30 and they wee both one shots for me and I was able do get rid of two dangerous players quickly and save the T28.

The response from the T28 cracked me up. Generally u might get a "Tnx" or an affirmative in chat.

Instead I got  "F U Kill Stealer!"

For the rest of the match he carried on this 

"They were my kills, F ing Kill Stealer" 

"Kill Stealing F er"

and on he went for the rest of the match which we incidentally won.

Afterwards he messaged me in chat "F U Kill Stealer"

I replied that their is no such thing as kill stealing and any way I saved your back side from two dangerous players that were taking you apart.

His response "I had them right where I wanted them"

I threw my hands up and walked away from the conversation at that point,  I looked at his profile sure enough he was a 40%er playing tanks way above his current skill level and 9000 matches in the T18 (that should tell you all you need to know about him)

Anyway I look forward to seeing other peoples stories.  Use it as a place to share the funny, the stupid or just rant. 

At least tell me he is Unicum in the T18. 

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

fangs58 #16 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:35 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28909 battles
  • [WHC]

View Post9_V0LT, on 13 April 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

Was observing on Port (I'd died halfway through) and it was down to one red and two greens.

A Churchill and a SP1C that decided to cap out, instead trying to chase down the remaining red medium. 

While Im watching these tanks countdown the seconds; the Church rumbles to life an slowly (it's a Churchill, so how else) rolls over to the barely alive sp1c and slides itself next to the smaller tank, so it's covered from the hills by the Church's body. 

A half second later, the Sp1c moves a little closer to the Church, nudging itself tighter against the bigger tanks protective side plates. 

This needs to be a pinned thread and I need more thumbs up. 

MarBearCat #17 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:43 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 21995 battles
  • [SDWA]

View Post9_V0LT, on 13 April 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

Did your team win?

MarBearCat #18 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:44 AM

• Players
  • 21995 battles
  • [SDWA]

View Post9_V0LT, on 13 April 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

MarBearCat #19 Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:51 AM

• Players
  • 21995 battles
  • [SDWA]

I've talked about this funny before.

Me and my pal 4uggie4life were tooning top tier KV-2's at BlackGoldville

and we head toward caves. I went further to the caves than me mate and 

he gets buzzed by Red's Leo. He Global chats "Go away flea" and like 

6 seconds later you hear a \\\\\BLAST!///// and the kill announced.

Too funny. I'll never forget that.

fangs58 #20 Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:04 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28909 battles
  • [WHC]
There is a player that exist with 12,637 battles in the T-18. OMG this is a fascinating side of blitzstars that I have never explored.:popcorn:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users