Stories From The Otherside

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

Dfranco_df04 #121 Posted 10 December 2018 - 03:53 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22294 battles
  • [HATED]
My brother showed me this, and it got me mad. He was just grinding his M41 Bulldog, and carried his team, but in the end was the last alive against 3, and died. The green JPanther said "wow nub bulldog" just because my brother was the last alive, it meant that he was a "nub coward. After the game, my brother showed me that he did the most damage (in a tier 8 game btw), while the jpanther did the least. My brother checked, and the Jpanther was a 47%er with around 30k battles. A tirade of insults ensued, with my brother eventually challenging the Jp to a 1v1, with the Jp responding "ok nub". Then, my brother chose his bulldog, and the jpanther chose an object 140, and refused to be fair and choose a tier 7. He called my brother a crybaby and a coward when he refused to start the 1v1 until he played fair and chose a tier 7. I just thought it was ironic and stupid that he would call my brother a coward, despite the fact that he was hiding behind a 3 tier advantage, and refused to choose a tier 7.
sample_text

MSGTGlitterGlue #122 Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:49 AM

Challenge(r) Accepted

• Players
  • 14697 battles
  • [CHEF]

So.... I don’t know how, I dont know why, but...

It was my second day ever of playing this game. Having no clue what tanks were good in any respect whatsoever, I decided to get the Tiger I because it’s an iconic tank and in real life it was very good. So, here I am, in my little Pz. III A, on Black Goldville, and on the enemy team theres a DW2. I’m completeley bewildered by the fact that his entire tank is completely red, (or at least what I could see of it) and so I kept aimlessly pinging away at him with my little 3.7 cm gun. Little 12 year old me was thinking, “Oh my GOD! I need to get that tank!” (Luckily for me, this was the time when the DW2 could be researched from the Pz. III A, not just the Pz. IV A) An this is where it gets good. Don’t ask me how, because I don’t know, but I somehow managed to pull off a 1 VS 3 Kolobanov on Dead Rail in a STOCK DW2 while fighting 2 tanks I don’t remember what they were and (yep, you guessed it) another DW2. Whether or not the enemy DW2 was fully upgraded is unknown. (This was over 2 and 1/2 years ago) 

And this ends the story of how I got my first mastery badge on my second day, and how Dead Rail became my favorite map.

I will never live up to the skill level of my 12 year old self, lol.

I’m a 46.96 percenter

But I’m an IMPROVING 46.96 percenter

Don’t be a political dissident, because then I’ll have to sacrifice you.

MSGTGlitterGlue #123 Posted 10 December 2018 - 06:38 AM

Challenge(r) Accepted

• Players
  • 14697 battles
  • [CHEF]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 11 June 2018 - 10:34 PM, said:

Just had one of "those sort of players".  Playing in a tier 8-9 match and right at the start the Concqueror starts spamming "I am the leader follow me", "you must follow me" etc.  The match its self was nothing significant but looking at the post battle stats, the Conc did a decent amount of damage but mostly from the back of the map.  I messaged the Conc.  Why do you think you are the leader?   He replied "I was top of list at the start" ......

Smh

I replied you do realise the list is just Alphabetically by tier.  Tier 9 a, b, c ... Tier 8 a, b, c ....  have a look at it in your next match.

His response after a while..... "F U"

Looking at his stats yup you guessed it, just the sort of player we love, less than 5k matches and a glorious 43%wr (39% in the Conc).

This ladies and gentlemen is our player base 

I will admit that I thought the same thing for some time, and then proceeded to realize that its just alphabetical while recording for a youtube video. Yep, my stupidity has been posted on youtube and i dont even care lol

I’m a 46.96 percenter

MSGTGlitterGlue #124 Posted 10 December 2018 - 07:35 AM

Challenge(r) Accepted

• Players
  • 14697 battles
  • [CHEF]

Oh, another story popped up from the back of my head. 

Ok, so I was in my BatChat 25t AP on Winter Malinovka, I had had an okay battle so far, nothing very interesting, but I was helping the heavy tanks because the enemy team didnt have any mediums left. I was by the windmill, hiding behind a rock from an E-100, when I saw that the enemy Obj. 263 was approaching me. I knew I was screwed if he got a shot on me, since I was around 600 HP, and with one good HE roll he could easily send me to the garage. However, if I ran away from HIM, then the E-100 would be able to shoot me. The 263 was closing in, I only had a few seconds to make my decision. Banking on the fact that the E-100 would probably not be in sniper mode, and that he would most likely be surprised, I decided to go right in front of the E-100 and hope he would miss. I dropped the hammer and I was yoloing off. The E-100 missed point-blank and hit the rock, and I was free to run away, shooting the E-100 up the butt just to spite him.

I’m a 46.96 percenter

Herbie_N124 #125 Posted 11 December 2018 - 08:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12521 battles
  • [HAHA]

nothing quite like getting hate mail after being the last alive for "blowing the match".   I'll take a critique from someone who scored better than me, but when I'm #2 and the guy who signed out with a 0 has something to say I get a bit salty.  

It's a game, not a d!ck.   Don't take it so hard.  

TO_Dominator #126 Posted 12 December 2018 - 03:58 PM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 9934 battles
  • [YODA_]
A pair of "unicums" (the kind who believes they are unicums because of a 60%, but only at tier 4) in a tier 6 battle. The take their Hellcats and then camp at the very back of the map, not even in an actual camping position and stay there while the team melts away without the help of 2 players. Remaining greens, including me, die and the 4 Reds who are all very low on HP attack the platoon. Luckily for them, the Reds chose to yolo one by one to their deaths so we won.

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

Snyper1689 #127 Posted 29 December 2018 - 02:16 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28876 battles
  • [BZO]
Just the other day with all 6 of my kids watching I took the ole Big Papa Ivan for a stroll. We went river on Port Bay and soon one shot a poor Firefly trying to cross the river. There was a pesky full health VK26.01 across the river giving us trouble who made the mistake of showing a single pixel. After yelling for Stalin's help well, Stalin was not in a good mood and sent him to gulag.

ronklob #128 Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23148 battles
  • [GUNZ_]

This one just happened a few days ago, but is indicative of the level of game play during this holiday event.  The three potatoes on red were all afk.  I just don't understand how you can lose a 7v4 game... smh...

ronklob #129 Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:48 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23148 battles
  • [GUNZ_]
Another one that happened about a month ago.  It was a IX/X match on Desert sands.  We spawn on the south end, and there are a lot of calls for desert.  Everyone goes out except the green Tortoise, who proceeds to the depression in the lower right corner south of town.  I and a few others try to coax him out with us, but he ignores us.  We meet 5 reds in the desert and end up slaughtered.  I die early, and message the Tortoise that he was stupid for going alone, and a nub.  We of course lose, but when I get to the results screen, the Tortoise, who went 1v2 against the red heavies and then fought the remaining reds, ended with nearly 4k damage, with no other green even close.  I checked his stats after, and he's a 40k battle, 60%er.  We messaged after, and I asked why, and he said he knows what he is doing.  Why he didn't try to convince the rest of us to go with him, I don't know. Could have been a very different match.

MaxxDamage #130 Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 50077 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostHerbie_N124, on 11 December 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

nothing quite like getting hate mail after being the last alive for "blowing the match".   I'll take a critique from someone who scored better than me, but when I'm #2 and the guy who signed out with a 0 has something to say I get a bit salty.  

How about when it's due to lack of ammo?  Tier 6-7 battle this morning, match comes down to Tiger P on red and our IS.  Tiger is almost full health and IS about 750.  Stalinium deflects two shots and IS now has HP advantage...and he runs out of ammo!  Checked after battle and the guy fired 11 shots. Messaged him and asked why he would enter a battle with only 11 rounds of ammo, all he kept saying was it was not his fault since everyone else died.  

We went back and forth for a bit, finally, he told me that he did not carry a lot of ammo because it increases the chances of blowing up.  Told him that was false and instead he had decided to blow up due to lack of ammo.  Guy played well, did about 3k dmg with a couple of kills, but who enters battle with 11 rounds, terrible way to lose.

Herbie_N124 #131 Posted 10 January 2019 - 07:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12521 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostMaxxDamage, on 06 January 2019 - 04:48 PM, said:

How about when it's due to lack of ammo?  Tier 6-7 battle this morning, match comes down to Tiger P on red and our IS.  Tiger is almost full health and IS about 750.  Stalinium deflects two shots and IS now has HP advantage...and he runs out of ammo!  Checked after battle and the guy fired 11 shots. Messaged him and asked why he would enter a battle with only 11 rounds of ammo, all he kept saying was it was not his fault since everyone else died.  

We went back and forth for a bit, finally, he told me that he did not carry a lot of ammo because it increases the chances of blowing up.  Told him that was false and instead he had decided to blow up due to lack of ammo.  Guy played well, did about 3k dmg with a couple of kills, but who enters battle with 11 rounds, terrible way to lose.

stupid decisions are stupid decisions.   3K damage isn't a bad game but carrying 11 rounds is ....bad.   I was just tiring of the habit that the first few to die sit there and flame at the last surviving players.   It's the icing on the cake when the loudest mouth died early and had the lowest damage.    Just last night again, there was our Jag TD in a 1 vs 3, a dead green T49 was raging about how much our Jag sucked.  The Jag pulled off the win, had almost 4K damage, the T49 was under 700.  

Either way,it's hard to not look like an idiot when you're being swarmed by 5 or 6 reds.  And if I die in a match after doing poorly, I'm not going to say anything to anyone, even if they only brought 11 rounds of ammo to the fight.  

Last night I took the AMX CDC at Die Nasty Hurl, someone started raging at me and an SU I was working with for "leaving him there to die".   I didn't even notice the a$$, we just rolled on and won the game with him raging in the background the whole time. 

Another match at Canal last night, during the countdown there was a BatChat who immediately started saying "loss, rigged, unwinnable, predictable, MM is [edited]" then went AFK in full OMK style.   We won the match with a fairly evenly spread damage count, aside from his 0.    To complete the OMK feel, his stats were freakin great, like 60K battles and over 60% WR.   wthis this game doing to people?!  

It's a game, not a d!ck.   Don't take it so hard.  

Gojira5475 #132 Posted 13 January 2019 - 06:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38988 battles

I just had one that was bloody hilarious: I picked up the impossible to remember Brit heavy the Cren again,so we're on Vineyards and it's down to a single shot IS-6 and a almost full health Tiger P,no one is really moving so I say "F it" and charge hoping against hope that some brave sort would take the message and tag along with me....well a Comet did and as I'm going down into the river to get up to the ruins I see him in the corner of my sight....I also see he has almost zero health,like 10 points! :amazed:

All I can think is "Aw fugging great the one guy to follow me is a raving lunatic berserker! WE'RE GONNA F-ING DIE!! :teethhappy: Yet somehow we didn't,BOTH of us the crazy stayed alive and I sent a message after telling him "You sir,are a madman" which made him laugh.

One of those fun games that makes this worth it. 

MSGTGlitterGlue #133 Posted 14 January 2019 - 02:45 AM

Challenge(r) Accepted

• Players
  • 14697 battles
  • [CHEF]

I saw a guy in an MT-25 complain about the MM because the other team had a KV-2.

I also saw an epic 1v4 win by a friendly Maus, which was nice to see.

hmmmm what else....

I managed to shoot through the gap between the back of the turret and the hull of an m41 bulldog, and then did it again but against a T34

i think thats it, unless ,aking it through the long and painful WZ-120 gun grind counts for anything.

literally like 200k exp just to get to the top gun. Its ridiculously high. Another thing that’s ridiculously high is the amount of times my WZ-120 gets ammo racked right at the start of the game.

I’m a 46.96 percenter

Professorjigglynutz #134 Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:12 PM

Private

• Players
  • 1860 battles

Heres aastory from the other side. This game is toxic,it's the only time u can say the game cheats. 75 pexent of my shots pen but went right through but no dmg, I'm bouncing he not heat but he how the [edited]dose that happen.I see my shell hit the target but... Nothing of course. I have spent hundreds of dollars supporting hthis game I'm done. Taking my very large disposable income, and [edited]taking it to war thunder. After that I'm going to find a gypsy to put a curse on all of war gaming. War gaming hope u get herepes

Professorjigglynutz #135 Posted 26 January 2019 - 08:13 PM

Private

• Players
  • 1860 battles
Heres aastory from the other side. This game is toxic,it's the only time u can say the game cheats. 75 pexent of my shots pen but went right through but no dmg, I'm bouncing he not heat but he how the [edited]dose that happen. I have spent hundred supporting him game I'm done. Taking my very large disposable income, and [edited]taking it to war thunder. After that I'm going to find a gypsy to put a curse on all of war gaming 

corpralpig #136 Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9700 battles
  • [USEME]
I was in the glorious vk 100.01 (last alive on team) and there was 2 tanks left. It was an is6 platoon, both had over 1k health. I am preparing to get circled when...

They stop in front of me and just shoot.

Both have stock  gun (175 pen) and cant touch me

I finish them off in 4 shots and get my 1st class badge

Needless to say, the other team was a tad angry in the chat

_Cletus #137 Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:08 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 23415 battles
  • [HAHA]

I found a....hell I don't know what to call him, a tank racist I suppose?  I was trying out the VK100.01 and this med was on my team for a couple of games in a row.  They weren't great games.  Anyway, this guy wasn't happy that I didn't follow him every time.  He messages me that I shouldn't think for myself when I'm in a heavy, all heavies should just follow the meds.  I was very friendly, talked to him about making a call during the countdown, thirty seconds into the game was too late to make a call, I certainly don't mind taking my heavy with the meds when it makes sense, etc.  He told me that heavy drivers have low iq's and are unskilled players.  All skilled players play meds he says.  He seriously thinks that anybody who drives heavies is dumb.  Is that racist?  Tankist?  I dunno....

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar by crpl_hicks

Conan, what is best in lifeTo crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

_BANNED #138 Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:26 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1838 battles
  • [DMONS]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 13 April 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

I thought I would use this thread to share stories from in game that just boggle the mind. 

Fortunately we have such a "special" player base that there should be no shortage.

So if you have and weird or just down right stupid stories from your Blitz travels please share them here for everyones enjoyment just remember not to name and shame.

Yes, a player in an E100 once flanked in Malinkova, gets killed by the meds then called everyone else "noobs".

Edited by _BANNED, 25 February 2019 - 12:26 AM.

_BANNED #139 Posted 25 February 2019 - 01:27 PM

Private

• Players
  • 1838 battles
  • [DMONS]

This ridiculous game.  Yes it was only Tier 5 but.  It was ridiculous.  surrounded by noobs everywhere.

LaughingRam #140 Posted 26 February 2019 - 04:37 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12832 battles
  • [DEPT]

So I was in a battle today in Canal. There was a bit of a “discussion” about which way to go. One player wanted to go right and another player wanted to go left. 

The team split. The player that went right complained the whole game about his teammates. 

He perished about halfway and continued typing. 

I was the last one standing.  

His winrate was 59% with about 20,000 battles. The player that called left also had a 59% winrate with just under 50,000 battles.

I sent them both a post message asking what they based their decision on and that I am still learning.

Unfortunately, the higher battle count player didn’t remember which battle as he responded much later.

The lower count sent me a message calling me a couple of names and stating that I should know better with 11,000  battles that because he was on the top of the list prior to the start of the battle, that he was the team leader!

I informed him that the list was alphabetical and that he was on the top of the list because he was in an ARL44 and top tier. 

I also mentioned to him that he might have lasted a little longer in battle if he spent more time playing the tank rather than typing. ;)

o7

Ram

Edited by LaughingRam, 26 February 2019 - 04:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users