Stories From The Otherside

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

cheasesteak #141 Posted 26 February 2019 - 10:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20447 battles
  • [COD-R]

Tier 5-6 on mines north spawn.  I'm driving a Stug, since I have decided to give the Grille line a shot.  Game starts, I go to kemp bush like a good TD.  One tank goes hill, a couple sit in spawn, another Stug pushes me out of the way because I must have taken his prime s'mores making spot.  Anyway, I think, here we go - auto-loss.  I decide I might as well help out the poor shlub who went hill all by his lonesome.  I get there and nobody home.  5 reds went cap, and two TDs camped spawn over-watching hill (where no red went).  In any event, a couple of our spawn camping noobs acted as bait for the Red town noobs, and the couple of players that know what they are doing on green clean up.  Easy win.  Overall, horrible game play though.  Reminded me of the way tier 2 used to be. 

Edited by cheasesteak, 26 February 2019 - 10:27 PM.

... and Epstein didn’t kill himself

_Jake66_ #142 Posted 27 February 2019 - 05:42 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17300 battles
  • [S7A]

View PostWipWapJaws, on 13 April 2018 - 04:31 PM, said:

Just had a tier 8/9 match on Rockfield, called the team to go right towards the back of the map. Our T28 goes left and sits in a position where he cant hit anything if the reds also go to the back of the map.

On the reds is a Toon of mediums from a very good and well known clan driven by a pair of 65% plus WR players.  I have never met these players but do recognise their names. 

I call out to my team to watch for them and take them out quickly if possible.  The match goes well its close but we are slightly up when I notice the red toon making a hard flanking manoeuvre to get behind us.  They spot the T28 (who is still sitting in the same spot) and engage him,  I turn to go back and help him.

When I arrive I see the one of the toon sitting behind the T28 blocking him and the other side hugging the turretless TD.  Fortunately I was driving a T30 and they wee both one shots for me and I was able do get rid of two dangerous players quickly and save the T28.

The response from the T28 cracked me up. Generally u might get a "Tnx" or an affirmative in chat.

Instead I got  "F U Kill Stealer!"

For the rest of the match he carried on this 

"They were my kills, F ing Kill Stealer" 

"Kill Stealing F er"

and on he went for the rest of the match which we incidentally won.

Afterwards he messaged me in chat "F U Kill Stealer"

I replied that their is no such thing as kill stealing and any way I saved your back side from two dangerous players that were taking you apart.

His response "I had them right where I wanted them"

I threw my hands up and walked away from the conversation at that point,  I looked at his profile sure enough he was a 40%er playing tanks way above his current skill level and 9000 matches in the T18 (that should tell you all you need to know about him)

Anyway I look forward to seeing other peoples stories.  Use it as a place to share the funny, the stupid or just rant. 

I'm pretty sure theres a saying about arguing with idiots lol

Edited by _Jake66_, 27 February 2019 - 05:43 AM.

Herbie_N124 #143 Posted 27 February 2019 - 03:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12999 battles
  • [HAHA]

Well the stuff of legends happened to me, I thought it was only fables and rumors.   

Fighting tier VI,  a green hits up chat telling me to shut up because "I was at the top of the list, I'm in charge."   followed shortly thereafter with "I have a tier 9 too, u nubs."   

I feel as though I've been indoctrinated, in a way.  

It's a game, not a d!ck.   Don't take it so hard.  

MSGTGlitterGlue #144 Posted 27 February 2019 - 09:00 PM

Challenge(r) Accepted

• Players
  • 17084 battles
  • [CHEF]

so, i dont know how exactly to phrase this, the guy was just so innocent

anyway heres the reader’s digest version of what happened when some random guymessaged me after a battle last night

person: “hi, could you help me? I dont know what menu to go to in order to equip avatars”

me: “sure. just go in storage and go to the avatars tab”

person: ”its not there”

me: “oh, thats right, they changed it a few updates ago. instead try hitting the hexagon next to your name, then hit the hexagon with th little pen”

person: “ok”

“i dont see it”

me: “in the garage next to your name”

person: “in the top corner?”

me: “yes”

“left of your name”

person: “i dont see it”

me: “maybe its bugged”

person: “what’s a hexagon?”

me (amazed that it was possible not to know what a hexagon is): “its a shape with 6 sides”

person: “oh, found it”

“i have 3 avatars!”

“thank you”

me: “yay”

“ok im gonna go to bed now”

person: “ok, have good dreams”

“bye”

me:”cya”

IN CONCLUSION: WHAT THE ACTUAL HECC IS GOING ON HERE!?!

the wierdest part was his stats were actually fairly good! he was 51 percent wr over like 8k or 9k battles and he had a few tier 9 tanks 

Edited by MSGTGlitterGlue, 27 February 2019 - 09:07 PM.

I’m a 46.96 47.57 percenter

But I’m an IMPROVING 47.57 percenter

Don’t be a political dissident, because then I’ll have to sacrifice you.

Blackduckfury #145 Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2703 battles
  • [H1VE]
On my last IS-6 battle there was this red amx cdc spamming with stuff like “aluwackbar” and kill the “infidels”. I was driving along the side of the castle thing in Castilla when suddenly I block an HE shell. This cdc comes at me screaming “aluwackbar” in chat, I drop half of his hp with a single shot, he rams me and now he’s down to twenty hp, he drives off the side of the castle and dies. Then his toonmate replies “oh my allah, you killed akmed”!
When The commies pop up, I knock em’ down! - Blackduckfury 

LaughingRam #146 Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:14 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12832 battles
  • [DEPT]

View PostBlackduckfury, on 28 February 2019 - 09:59 AM, said:

On my last IS-6 battle there was this red amx cdc spamming with stuff like “aluwackbar” and kill the “infidels”. I was driving along the side of the castle thing in Castilla when suddenly I block an HE shell. This cdc comes at me screaming “aluwackbar” in chat, I drop half of his hp with a single shot, he rams me and now he’s down to twenty hp, he drives off the side of the castle and dies. Then his toonmate replies “oh my allah, you killed akmed”!

Lol!

Ram

LaughingRam #147 Posted 28 February 2019 - 06:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12832 battles
  • [DEPT]

View PostHerbie_N124, on 27 February 2019 - 07:09 AM, said:

Well the stuff of legends happened to me, I thought it was only fables and rumors.   

Fighting tier VI,  a green hits up chat telling me to shut up because "I was at the top of the list, I'm in charge."   followed shortly thereafter with "I have a tier 9 too, u nubs."   

I feel as though I've been indoctrinated, in a way.  

Congratulations!

May I be the first to welcome you into the club.

o7

Ram

Blackduckfury #148 Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2703 battles
  • [H1VE]

View PostLaughingRam, on 28 February 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

Lol!

Ram

turns out that they were in an Isis wannabe ckan
When The commies pop up, I knock em’ down! - Blackduckfury 

ronklob #149 Posted 05 March 2019 - 04:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 24129 battles
  • [GUNZ_]

Just finished a game at Tier 4 that boggles.  I was running a great game in my M5A1 against a bunch of reds that didn't seem to know what they were doing.  I was concentrating so much on killing reds that I didn't even really keep track of my own team.  I just knew that there was someone else there putting shots on target with me.  Game finishes and I end up with a mastery (yay!), but also see that three of us were playing and the other four were potatoes. 

TonnerreCadien #150 Posted 12 March 2019 - 01:53 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 44955 battles
  • [HAHA]

I'll call this story "Unicum Tears Are the Saltiest Tears." The map is Yamato Harbor. I notice right away that I am playing against two of the very best players in North America from top clans who are tooning together. I figure that this will probably be another loss (today was ROUGH for me - I'm not good enough to carry these teams I keep getting!).

So here's the setup shot; Hellcat is the more famous of the two. VK 30 is a Super Unicum as well:

Spoiler

Guess what? The VK kills me in the hills, but I see our team is capping the base, so of course I have to comment on this (two pics)!

Spoiler

And then I get salty. I can, you know - and like I said, I was sick of having my [edited] handed to me all day (three pics).

Spoiler

In their defense, one of them is grinding a line, apparently:

Spoiler

So here's the final battle tally. The VK gave me a "Sociable Player," which I thought was funny, so I gave him one back:

Spoiler

But then, of course, they have to PM me post-battle. The VK has looked at my stats, and guess what? Me calling them clubbers strikes him as funny (I get it; I really do):

Spoiler

But the best part of the story is that the Super Unicum in the Hellcat is not going to let me sass His Royal Highness (although now I see I misspelled "too," which will bother me for the rest of the night):

Spoiler

And as you can see, I can be one mean son-of-a-[edited] sometimes. Oh well. All in a day's tanking.

Edited by TonnerreCadien, 12 March 2019 - 02:29 AM.

jx1pteO.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

WipWapJaws #151 Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:26 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 46611 battles
  • [WKD]

Just had a match where we lost a close encounter. As our last tank fell one of the reds types “yes” then “bye bye”.  I look at the post match and this guy has done 300 damage.  

I messgaed the guy saying “if ur going try and talk smack least dont be the one being carried, it’s a bit like the twelveth guy on the warriors bench jumping up after the final game of the NBA finals shouting to the Cavs “ And that’s how u do it”

Edited by WipWapJaws, 13 March 2019 - 04:33 AM.

Herbie_N124 #152 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12999 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 12 March 2019 - 01:53 AM, said:

I'll call this story "Unicum Tears Are the Saltiest Tears." The map is Yamato Harbor. I notice right away that I am playing against two of the very best players in North America from top clans who are tooning together. I figure that this will probably be another loss (today was ROUGH for me - I'm not good enough to carry these teams I keep getting!).

So here's the setup shot; Hellcat is the more famous of the two. VK 30 is a Super Unicum as well:

Spoiler

Guess what? The VK kills me in the hills, but I see our team is capping the base, so of course I have to comment on this (two pics)!

Spoiler

And then I get salty. I can, you know - and like I said, I was sick of having my [edited] handed to me all day (three pics).

Spoiler

In their defense, one of them is grinding a line, apparently:

Spoiler

So here's the final battle tally. The VK gave me a "Sociable Player," which I thought was funny, so I gave him one back:

Spoiler

But then, of course, they have to PM me post-battle. The VK has looked at my stats, and guess what? Me calling them clubbers strikes him as funny (I get it; I really do):

Spoiler

But the best part of the story is that the Super Unicum in the Hellcat is not going to let me sass His Royal Highness (although now I see I misspelled "too," which will bother me for the rest of the night):

Spoiler

And as you can see, I can be one mean son-of-a-[edited] sometimes. Oh well. All in a day's tanking.

That's nice.   But not nearly mean.    I had a post-match PM where he had to bring moms into the conversation.    As soon as I returned the favor he hit me back with the classic "my mom is dead you a-hole" routine.    

I said that explained the foul taste and odor.   got my first ban.  

_Cletus #153 Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:53 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 25264 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostHerbie_N124, on 13 March 2019 - 12:20 PM, said:

That's nice.   But not nearly mean.    I had a post-match PM where he had to bring moms into the conversation.    As soon as I returned the favor he hit me back with the classic "my mom is dead you a-hole" routine.    

I said that explained the foul taste and odor.   got my first ban.  

Ha!  My typical response..."explains why she just laid there"

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png   Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

sFkBFSc.jpg

Herbie_N124 #154 Posted 15 March 2019 - 05:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12999 battles
  • [HAHA]

View Post_Cletus, on 13 March 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

Ha!  My typical response..."explains why she just laid there"

I knew we were cut from the same cloth! 

Herbie_N124 #155 Posted 09 April 2019 - 12:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12999 battles
  • [HAHA]

Got raged at for being a stupid scrub useless 40%er.    Guy was clearly a reroll 52%.    I'm at 49.57%.    

My apologies, oh king of the game people play while they sh!t.  

John_Haefke #156 Posted 09 April 2019 - 01:36 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3127 battles
  • [TACO_]
So I was in a tier 6 (supremacy) game in the bathtub( you should know) and we ended the battle with 7 kills, BUT they actually got to 1000 points right before we killed him, and they won

Edited by John_Haefke, 09 April 2019 - 04:10 PM.

Directionally_Correct #157 Posted 09 April 2019 - 05:26 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2088 battles
  • [FRST]

View PostJohn_Haefke, on 09 April 2019 - 08:36 AM, said:

So I was in a tier 6 (supremacy) game in the bathtub( you should know) and we ended the battle with 7 kills, BUT they actually got to 1000 points right before we killed him, and they won

All righty then

Here's to taking everything in moderation --- including moderation

1018513472.png

Theroadrunner36 #158 Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6717 battles
  • [-TSS-]

View PostMSGTGlitterGlue, on 27 February 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

so, i dont know how exactly to phrase this, the guy was just so innocent

anyway heres the reader’s digest version of what happened when some random guymessaged me after a battle last night

person: “hi, could you help me? I dont know what menu to go to in order to equip avatars”

me: “sure. just go in storage and go to the avatars tab”

person: ”its not there”

me: “oh, thats right, they changed it a few updates ago. instead try hitting the hexagon next to your name, then hit the hexagon with th little pen”

person: “ok”

“i dont see it”

me: “in the garage next to your name”

person: “in the top corner?”

me: “yes”

“left of your name”

person: “i dont see it”

me: “maybe its bugged”

person: “what’s a hexagon?”

me (amazed that it was possible not to know what a hexagon is): “its a shape with 6 sides”

person: “oh, found it”

“i have 3 avatars!”

“thank you”

me: “yay”

“ok im gonna go to bed now”

person: “ok, have good dreams”

“bye”

me:”cya”

IN CONCLUSION: WHAT THE ACTUAL HECC IS GOING ON HERE!?!

the wierdest part was his stats were actually fairly good! he was 51 percent wr over like 8k or 9k battles and he had a few tier 9 tanks 

Many players are from mexico and may not know wth  english is so, you gotta take things slow sometimes....

Theroadrunner36 #159 Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6717 battles
  • [-TSS-]

View PostHerbie_N124, on 09 April 2019 - 04:09 AM, said:

Got raged at for being a stupid scrub useless 40%er.    Guy was clearly a reroll 52%.    I'm at 49.57%.    

My apologies, oh king of the game people play while they sh!t.  

you noob your so bad, kill you SelF omg come ON yoU frIkIn lOseR!

Herbie_N124 #160 Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12999 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostTheroadrunner36, on 11 April 2019 - 06:45 AM, said:

you noob your so bad, kill you SelF omg come ON yoU frIkIn lOseR!

...if I had a nickel.  

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users