• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

its_just_a_game_ #21 Posted 14 April 2018 - 01:42 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3695 battles
  • [BB_]

View Post9_V0LT, on 13 April 2018 - 09:41 PM, said:

Was observing on Port (I'd died halfway through) and it was down to one red and two greens.

A Churchill and a SP1C that decided to cap out, instead trying to chase down the remaining red medium. 

It was one of those battles where everyone was brawling everyone.

The entire battle was like a knife fight in a phone booth.

The Church was still half green, but the SP1C was down to just a sliver of red. 

While Im watching these tanks countdown the seconds; the Church rumbles to life an slowly (it's a Churchill, so how else) rolls over to the barely alive sp1c and slides itself next to the smaller tank, so it's covered from the hills by the Church's body. 

A half second later, the Sp1c moves a little closer to the Church, nudging itself tighter against the bigger tanks protective side plates. 

I was actually kind of moved, seeing this. 

It felt like I was watching a baby calf, nuzzling against a protective momma. 

I should add, all of this happened, without a word being spoken by anyone. 

That's pretty cool!

WipWapJaws #22 Posted 14 April 2018 - 02:04 AM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 39489 battles
  • [WKD]

View Postfangs58, on 14 April 2018 - 10:34 AM, said:

At least tell me he is Unicum in the T18. 

No he was about 53% in it I think

WhiskeyCyclone #23 Posted 14 April 2018 - 04:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19741 battles
  • [LONR]

View Post9_V0LT, on 13 April 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

Was observing on Port (I'd died halfway through) and it was down to one red and two greens.

A Churchill and a SP1C that decided to cap out, instead trying to chase down the remaining red medium. 

It was one of those battles where everyone was brawling everyone.

The entire battle was like a knife fight in a phone booth.

The Church was still half green, but the SP1C was down to just a sliver of red. 

While Im watching these tanks countdown the seconds; the Church rumbles to life an slowly (it's a Churchill, so how else) rolls over to the barely alive sp1c and slides itself next to the smaller tank, so it's covered from the hills by the Church's body. 

A half second later, the Sp1c moves a little closer to the Church, nudging itself tighter against the bigger tanks protective side plates. 

I was actually kind of moved, seeing this. 

It felt like I was watching a baby calf, nuzzling against a protective momma. 

I should add, all of this happened, without a word being spoken by anyone. 

That story reminds me of two episodes in my career. 1- someone in a tier I MS-1 tooned with an E 100 on my team at copper field. Reminded me of a mother elephant protecting her calf, the way the MS-1 hugged the skirts and all. Looked so vulnerable and cute- got blown to smithereens by HE splash damage. Goddam failtoons.

Another time I was in my T-44 almost dead and some dude in a T-62 A came in and protected me from incoming fire while he killed the last reds. I private messaged him to thank him, he said it was purely coincidental, he didn't mean to save me. Never did believe him. 

Keep it old school. 

NWasabi #24 Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:19 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1770 battles
  • [OC-OC]
I just had a tier 4 match on Mines. Now I've had plenty of games with people camping at the back, but I've never had the entire team camping. Needless to say we lost 7-1. 

MarBearCat #25 Posted 14 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 21903 battles
  • [SDWA]

View PostNWasabi, on 14 April 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

I just had a tier 4 match on Mines. Now I've had plenty of games with people camping at the back, but I've never had the entire team camping. Needless to say we lost 7-1. 

Spoiler

Mr_Mayhem71 #26 Posted 14 April 2018 - 10:40 PM

Meet Mr Mayhem

• Players
  • 36341 battles
  • [AAD]
The moron who rages all battle in his M4. Does 600 damage compared to my 1200 in the Steve. Then proceeds to keep messaging me about his 60% wr. until I look at his avr. tier of 4.9 and 7500 battles in his M4 and call him on it. Check his clan and it’s a newb tier 4 clan with all 60% wr players. What ever floats your boat I guess.
IHPBooD.gif
Working as intended 

9_V0LT #27 Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 2628 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostMarBearCat, on 14 April 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

Did your team win?

I'll tell you who won, if you can tell me how Clint Eastwood ruined the ending of Unforgiven

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

MarBearCat #28 Posted 15 April 2018 - 04:14 AM

• Players
  • 21903 battles
  • [SDWA]

View Post9_V0LT, on 14 April 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

I'll tell you who won, if you can tell me how Clint Eastwood ruined the ending of Unforgiven

I never thought much of that movie to remember

9_V0LT #29 Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 2628 battles
  • [OGRE]

View PostMarBearCat, on 15 April 2018 - 04:14 AM, said:

I never thought much of that movie to remember

Unforgiven 1992, The best Western Clint Eastwood ever made and maybe the most honest of the entire genre.

The movie should have ended, with William Munny (Eastwood), leaving the shattered town in the storm and rain, wounded and alone, his survival and future, unknown. Instead, you get this bull [edited]end card, forced on Eastwood by the "Studios".

But you asked, so I'll tell you.

The red medium, never even tried to snipe. He hid in the hills and let the timer run out, I assume, because he didn't think he could win or force a draw and just decided to save some credits on the repair costs.

There's the ending, all wrapped up in a bow.

Now ask yourself, knowing how it all ended, does it make the story better?

No, it doesn't, even worse, with closure, it makes it forgettable, an even greater sin.

Yeah, I'm back. Let's not make a big deal about this.

Herbie_N124 #30 Posted 15 April 2018 - 01:48 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6966 battles
  • [TS2]

Figured I'd take out the T-28 for a morning wake up fight.   Some guy in one of those toaster-lookin' TD thingies blocks me and a KV in a narrow path between 2 hills.   Now I think initially, this is a nub trying to climb the impossible hill to snipe, so I try to go around and he backs up to block me again.   Next I go left, he moves forward, now it's obvious this is just what he's here to do.  

After what seems like an eternity of trying to get around this a** hole, reds are spotted, he moves forward, and then proceeds to double the damage of the entire team for a fast victory.    
I ask him what that was all about post-game, he gives me one of these :3.   Da fuq is that about?

MarBearCat #31 Posted 15 April 2018 - 06:56 PM

• Players
  • 21903 battles
  • [SDWA]

Here's a recent encounter........:D

Edited by MarBearCat, 19 April 2018 - 04:08 AM.

Ericmopar #32 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3219 battles
The only weird thing I can think of, happened while I was playing PC not Blitz.

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

Herbie_N124 #33 Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6966 battles
  • [TS2]

Playing my Type 59 on Port Bay the other night.   It ended up being one of those long, yet intense slug fests.  I'm all over the place, landing lots of hits, yet I notice in the chat things like "OMG Type 59 U SUCK/uninstall/sell your tank".  

Finish the game, green wins, I'm top damage with a shade under 3K, 2 or 3 kills.   The #2 guy on the list gives me the "effective player" thumbs up and I shoot him one right back.   I PM him something like, "I thought we did pretty well, what was that guy's problem?"   He replies  "f#@k off and die, then."    I'm so confused.  

. . . . love this game.  

fangs58 #34 Posted 17 April 2018 - 10:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23262 battles
  • [WHC]

Sound and Fury at Fort Despair.

Fort Despair in my T2 medium this morning. After getting 2 kills and then mixing it up with one of those annoying little Light Mk VII tanks I was sent to the garage by Panzer Jager, nice work on his part. I decided drink my coffee and watch the battle to see the outcome. There is another T2 medium who looks like he is just learning to drive (confirmed post battle, 15 games). He is now in a 1 vs 3. Two on cap and the TD across the map covering his approach. He is not sure what to do. So another green starts raging at him. Because raging at new tankers always helps. The cap timer gets closer to 100 and the vitriol from the other green starts just get worse. Finally they reds get 100 points and the battle is over. I was feeling helpful this morning so I thought I would reach out to Mr Rage post game and just say hey I understand your frustration but this is a tier 1/2 battle dude is new, how about trying a different approach. So I go to look at the knucklehead loudmouth's stats.To my amazement he has a total of 55 battles with a 76% winrate. Nothing higher than tier 4 and no premiums so probably not a re-roll, just a jerk. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. Instead I reached out to the new tanker. Told him to ignore the noise and just contact me if he has any questions. Things are just cray cray out there people. 

ANOTHER COMMENT OR QUESTION BROUGHT TO YOU BY A BLISSFULLY ABOVE AVERAGE PLAYER.

https://www.blitzsta.../1022508815.png

DrasLeona247 #35 Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:50 AM

Admiral of the Fleet

• Players
  • 19004 battles
  • [UTC]
And this got pinned lol
Some people say the Type 62 is overpowered. Having >500 battles and a 67% winrate, I may agree. However, none of y'all realize just how uncomfortable it is to sit down on these flimsy plastic seats with "Made in China" emblazoned on them. I mean, my cupholder just broke in half. How the f#%$ am I supposed to fire 250mm pen HEAT shells at the fronts of Tier 8 heavies if I have to be holding my Red Bull in one hand at the same time? It's ridiculous.

Andromeda_74 #36 Posted 18 April 2018 - 07:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10141 battles
  • [SEA-B]
I had an embarrassing battle last week, and I’ll admit it. On Rockfield went over the edge of one of the ledges and got stuck on a rock. I’m sure you all know what I’m talking about. Then along comes an ELC behind me and he gets stuck on top of me. Yep, we sat there looking like 2 noobs half the battle trying to get unstuck and eventually picked off. Dumb move that I will never make again...

Ericmopar #37 Posted 19 April 2018 - 05:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3219 battles

View PostAndromeda_74, on 18 April 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

I had an embarrassing battle last week, and I’ll admit it. On Rockfield went over the edge of one of the ledges and got stuck on a rock. I’m sure you all know what I’m talking about. Then along comes an ELC behind me and he gets stuck on top of me. Yep, we sat there looking like 2 noobs half the battle trying to get unstuck and eventually picked off. Dumb move that I will never make again...

Don't feel bad it happens to real pros...

MeatheadMilitia had an incident recently. He's wargaming staff. :trollface:

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

clin328 #38 Posted 22 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7767 battles
  • [_UF_]
Does fortnite count?

“There is no bad tanks, only bad players”-clin328

Or try listening to music when playing this game

Musicians I listen to: Teminite, Panda eyes, MDK(Morgan David King), Hinkik, and Chime

TonnerreCadien #39 Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:32 AM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 41643 battles
  • [HAHA]

I don't know how great a story this is, but it was fun. I was running in my MT-25 this morning. Map is Mines; green spawns south. I don't call hill, as my device always loads late. I'm looking at the red lineup, though, and no one can beat me to the hill, especially if I hit the "speedy" thingy (sorry, apparently nouns are not my thing - I appear to have anomia). There's an AMX Biscuit on my team, too, so I figure the two of us can do a little peek-a-boom from the hill with support from the team's three heavies. I zoom up and take a great position on the hill, tout-de-suite.

You probably know where this is going. I am the ONLY one to go anywhere near the hill. I don't know where the AMX got off to - I think he might have gone island. The doggone heavies on my team are sitting on the friggin' base - I kid you not. Freaking captards. Someone on green calls them out on it - I think it was our team's sole TD. I stay put and peek-a-boom a bit, hitting a couple of reds, and I whittle one guy in particular down to maybe 20 hp, but eventually, the three reds on the hill realize that A) I'm completely on my own, and B) that I've just fired four shots, so they start to come at me, straight up the hill entrance. Rather than retreat, I decide to charge right at them - ramming the poor fool with low health, destroying him, and somehow only getting penned once by the other two reds. I then make a speedy escape, first south, then east, then north. I get near the base, and using the houses as cover, I destroy a red KV-2. There's a red TD on that northern sniper hill, but someone has him preoccupied, so I actually work my way back, full circle, to the top of the hill, where I dispatch one of the tanks that forced me off, and come close to destroying the second (Biscuit shows up to finish him off). Three kills, over 1500 hp in damage, and while this game did not break any records, I thought it was a really funny outcome. I've had to abandon the hill plenty of times before, but it was always via a "back way" - a full retreat - I can't believe I got away with charging a light tank right into three reds. RNGesus smiles on you every now and then.

Edited by TonnerreCadien, 24 April 2018 - 01:43 AM.

oTVnY0d.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

Shellingstar #40 Posted 24 April 2018 - 02:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1083 battles
I was in a Prison Room in my Valentine At. Host killed me because my tank was "ugly".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users