AT 15 Help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

fluffyteddy763 #1 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5845 battles

Hi friends! :)

After the hellish, win rate slaughtering grind that was the AT7, I'm ready to rip out more of my hair as I embark on the AT15 grind. Before I start, however, I'd like to go into the grind half-educated, so I don't completely embarass myself while driving it.

Questions:

1. Which gun do I use? I dug through some old topics that advocated the use of the 20 pdr over the 32 pdr, but those topics were made when +2/-2 was prevalent. With +1/-1, which gun should I use instead? I like the higher alpha on the 32 pdr, but the low pen somewhat turns me away, although there IS always APCR...:playing:

2. Any tips on its overall playstyle? Front line, second line, etc. 

3. I read something about its gun mantlet in older topics, but I'm not sure what those previous posts were trying to say. Could any of you kind souls elaborate?

Thanks as always,

-Fluffyteddy763 :)

I've reached a point in my life where I've decided I'm not old. I'm actually 20, but with shipping and handling!

tankeatingtiger #2 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:10 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 17814 battles
  • [-VB-]
pretty sure gun mantlet is spaced armor, therefore OP.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

"All you peasants be silent and allow the ruling class to dictate. Is better."

-Joseph Stalin Blartch

Mr_Mayhem71 #3 Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:34 PM

Meet Mr Mayhem

• Players
  • 36341 battles
  • [AAD]

I used the 20 pdr and did fairly well when equipped. 61% in 166 battles

IHPBooD.gif
Working as intended 

gunshotx #4 Posted 16 April 2018 - 12:09 AM

Egotistical Noob

• Players
  • 21972 battles
  • [SR-71]
AT-15 is my favorite tank to date and the only one I’m a licensed Super Unicum™ in (finished it off solid at around 70% winrate including stock grind, 75% excluding stock grind according to Blitzstars and about 2000 average damage). Do NOT use the 32 pdr, use the top 20 pdr (it’s not a high alpha tank, so don’t pretend like it is and just go DPM all the way). When a heavy gets confident and tries to 1v1 you just active adrenaline and laugh your [edited] off as they try and fall back but have their HP evaporated before they can. I have had great success just going up the corridor where I know meds are going to come and using my DPM to slaughter them before they can even reach me. Be careful when going against particularly fast tanks; for me I’ve found that to avoid getting flanked I just need to stay close to a wall I can back into. The gun has excellent arc at 25 degrees (it’s actually like a small turret so it moves a little slower than most other turretess guns) and depression which is 10 degrees (elevation sucks; just don’t let people get too close while they are on ridges). Use this arc to start turning to the side that people are going to attempt to flank before they get there (you’ll know which side because you will hopefully be backed into a wall on one side) and you will already be 25 degrees ahead. Also use the arc to angle your armor to try and negate penetration to your big frontal plate. Main thing is to make sure you aren’t the attention of a lot of tanks at once and to limit confrontations to only 1 or 2 people at a time. There is honestly so much to this tank that makes it great and strategies I’ve developed to take advantage of those strengths that I would need to show you to help you fully understand them. Just message me in game any time and I’ll take you into a training room and show you ;)

_The_Tactition_ #5 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:52 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 19475 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Postgunshotx, on 16 April 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

AT-15 is my favorite tank to date and the only one I’m a licensed Super Unicum™ in (finished it off solid at around 70% winrate including stock grind, 75% excluding stock grind according to Blitzstars and about 2000 average damage). Do NOT use the 32 pdr, use the top 20 pdr (it’s not a high alpha tank, so don’t pretend like it is and just go DPM all the way). When a heavy gets confident and tries to 1v1 you just active adrenaline and laugh your [edited] off as they try and fall back but have their HP evaporated before they can. I have had great success just going up the corridor where I know meds are going to come and using my DPM to slaughter them before they can even reach me. Be careful when going against particularly fast tanks; for me I’ve found that to avoid getting flanked I just need to stay close to a wall I can back into. The gun has excellent arc at 25 degrees (it’s actually like a small turret so it moves a little slower than most other turretess guns) and depression which is 10 degrees (elevation sucks; just don’t let people get too close while they are on ridges). Use this arc to start turning to the side that people are going to attempt to flank before they get there (you’ll know which side because you will hopefully be backed into a wall on one side) and you will already be 25 degrees ahead. Also use the arc to angle your armor to try and negate penetration to your big frontal plate. Main thing is to make sure you aren’t the attention of a lot of tanks at once and to limit confrontations to only 1 or 2 people at a time. There is honestly so much to this tank that makes it great and strategies I’ve developed to take advantage of those strengths that I would need to show you to help you fully understand them. Just message me in game any time and I’ll take you into a training room and show you ;)

This is incredible for all. Needs to be pinned. +1

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

_Ntwadumela #6 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:29 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 22667 battles
  • [_V2_]
Honestly the AT 15, the AT 2, and IMO the Alecto are the only highlights of this line, asides from the hated FV215B 183.

“He Who Greets With Fire”
Get to know me on Discord: _Ntwadumela#3656
Join this Discord server while you're at it: 
sR2X6Hp

gunshotx #7 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:07 AM

Egotistical Noob

• Players
  • 21972 battles
  • [SR-71]

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 16 April 2018 - 02:52 AM, said:

This is incredible for all. Needs to be pinned. +1

Thank you! This means a lot coming from someone whose posts have helped me tremendously and made me who I am as a player. 07 my good friend ;)

ArSkee #8 Posted 04 September 2018 - 02:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30472 battles
  • [5P4NK]

View Postgunshotx, on 16 April 2018 - 12:09 AM, said:

Great advice, to which I can only add, keep bobbing during reloads to keep the enemy from pinging your weak spots - anything same or lower tier has small aim points so even just a little dancing will make aiming difficult for them.  In the meantime, your own reticle tightens quickly once you stop, and isn't too bad even when you're moving.  I also find it to be a great team vehicle - with the 20pdr and your rate of fire, you can track red heavies all day long while your pals work the flanks.  Good luck and have fun - it's my favorite non-premo TD in the game.

cheasesteak #9 Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19339 battles
  • [COD-R]
British TDs - the penance you must pay for the sin of wanting a 183. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

00RUSE00 #10 Posted 03 December 2018 - 06:01 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9757 battles
  • [UPWRD]
People have called me crazy for this. But I love fighting meds/lights in the AT15. Once you have em tracked they are pretty much dead, it's especially great if you can catch em trying to pick off an isolated ally.
We shall never surrender 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users