• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

J1mbo_57 #1 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5204 battles
  • [AACES]

which should i run on the tiger 1?

it is a heavy with decent armor and i can consistently bounce tier 6s and sometimes above especially when angled or sidescraping

However

its hp pool is the highest at 1450 in tier 7. It becomes 1540 with imporoved assembly. This might be more useful at higher tiers where its armor is useless

So which one? My stats:

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/J1mbo_57

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #2 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:24 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8055 battles
  • [COD]
I run improved armor on my kuro because in theory every little bit helps and I almost never run into situations in which the extra HP would have made a significant difference.

Google "succulent chins" and click on the first result. It will be very much worth your time! Some satisfied customers:

"T'was worth the read, but I shall never read it again. You have amazing writing skills, though. Teach me how to writeeeeee!" -you happy now?!?! HUH!?!?

"lol, googled succulent chins. It was worth it"

"10/10 wouldn't read again"

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

J1mbo_57 #3 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:38 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5204 battles
  • [AACES]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 16 April 2018 - 02:24 AM, said:

I run improved armor on my kuro because in theory every little bit helps and I almost never run into situations in which the extra HP would have made a significant difference.

ahh the difference is the kuro has the exact same armor as the tiger 1, but at tier 6. So it will bounce at both tier 5 and 6 consistently, sometimes even tier 7. The tiger 1 will bounce reliably only at tier 6. The kuro is a straight up heavy while the tiger 1 is a heavium. I would most definitely run enhanced armor. The tiger 1 is actually a very different beast. 

_The_Tactition_ #4 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:01 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 18451 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Depends. I run armor because one bounce is more potential alpha blocked than 90 extra HP.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

I_Maverick_I #5 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:16 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 13692 battles
  • [LIES]

To me, it's not even a question. Improved Armor is not nearly as useful as Improved Assembly. For some reason, everyone assumes that the 4% bonus to armor actually increases the armor thickness. No. Improved Armor improves a hidden stat that WG does not release to us and previously denied the existence of. The hidden stat is the quality of the armor, which is complicated to explain. The armor on these tanks is rolled homogeneous armor, which was a standard World War II tanks and before. After World War II, types of ammunition changed and as such, RH armor was replaced by CA (Composite Armor), which is a mixture of ceramics, air spaces, and other materials such as reactive armor. Anyways. RH armor (Rolled Homogenous) is made in such a way that when the steel is rolled, it elongates the grain of the metal which removes imperfections which would have otherwise worsened the quality of the steel and its ability to bounce rounds. If you'd like to learn more about this type of armor, follow this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolled_homogeneous_armour

Now that we're done with the history lesson, I'll explain how it works in the game. WG assigns a number to each tank for its armor quality. We don't know what each tank's number is, unfortunately. They could be all the same and we wouldn't know. Anyways, when you use Improved Amor on a tank, it increases that number by 4%. Does it actually do anything? People have said that by using Improved Armor, they get more bounces. TBH that could just be that people don't know how to aim, but remember this. Since Improved Armor does not increase the physical armor thickness of the armor, it does not make double or triple overmatching any harder. 

TL;DR: I would run HP over Armor. If you've ever been left with say, 50 hit points left in a Tier 6, or 90 hit points in a Tier 10, Improved Assembly just saved your life. 

Oh, did that above link not work? :trollface: I'm sorry. Here's the actual link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolled_homogeneous_armour

I_Maverick_I #6 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:17 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 13692 battles
  • [LIES]

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 15 April 2018 - 07:01 PM, said:

Depends. I run armor because one bounce is more potential alpha blocked than 90 extra HP.

How do we know that that one bounce wasn't just because someone doesn't know how to aim, or because dispersion moved the round to somewhere where the round would have bounced without Improved Armor? HP is just more reliable.

Edited by I_Maverick_I, 16 April 2018 - 03:18 AM.

_The_Tactition_ #7 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:29 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 18451 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 16 April 2018 - 03:17 AM, said:

How do we know that that one bounce wasn't just because someone doesn't know how to aim, or because dispersion moved the round to somewhere where the round would have bounced without Improved Armor? HP is just more reliable.

How do we know if someone can(t) aim? Perhaps they had a well penetrating round that hit gray and bounced due to the increased coefficient.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Barny227 #8 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:43 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28017 battles
  • [MOMS]

Oh the smoke and mirrors of WG.

I would run the the enhanced armor on the tiger.

Since we do not really know what the 4% actually increases it is all a feel and trust type of thing. I do feel that the 4% does increase bounces to some degree, but I don’t trust it and would prefer not to get shot.

Strigonx #9 Posted 16 April 2018 - 03:53 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1698 battles
  • [AWING]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 16 April 2018 - 03:16 AM, said:

To me, it's not even a question. Improved Armor is not nearly as useful as Improved Assembly. For some reason, everyone assumes that the 4% bonus to armor actually increases the armor thickness. No. Improved Armor improves a hidden stat that WG does not release to us and previously denied the existence of. The hidden stat is the quality of the armor, which is complicated to explain. The armor on these tanks is rolled homogeneous armor, which was a standard World War II tanks and before. After World War II, types of ammunition changed and as such, RH armor was replaced by CA (Composite Armor), which is a mixture of ceramics, air spaces, and other materials such as reactive armor. Anyways. RH armor (Rolled Homogenous) is made in such a way that when the steel is rolled, it elongates the grain of the metal which removes imperfections which would have otherwise worsened the quality of the steel and its ability to bounce rounds. If you'd like to learn more about this type of armor, follow this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolled_homogeneous_armour

Now that we're done with the history lesson, I'll explain how it works in the game. WG assigns a number to each tank for its armor quality. We don't know what each tank's number is, unfortunately. They could be all the same and we wouldn't know. Anyways, when you use Improved Amor on a tank, it increases that number by 4%. Does it actually do anything? People have said that by using Improved Armor, they get more bounces. TBH that could just be that people don't know how to aim, but remember this. Since Improved Armor does not increase the physical armor thickness of the armor, it does not make double or triple overmatching any harder. 

TL;DR: I would run HP over Armor. If you've ever been left with say, 50 hit points left in a Tier 6, or 90 hit points in a Tier 10, Improved Assembly just saved your life. 

Oh, did that above link not work? :trollface: I'm sorry. Here's the actual link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolled_homogeneous_armour

TLDR is the equivalent to the PC spall liner

Storm216 #10 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:08 AM

Wait, HEAT isn't standard ammo?!

• Players
  • 23611 battles
  • [ANVIL]
Improved assembly.

MP246 #11 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25215 battles
  • [KRONO]
Improved assembly can save you in some situations while enhanced armor is (in my opinion) almost useless for the Tiger 1, because Tiger 1 has flat armor means it will get penetrated very easily when you don't angle your tank. Also the best armor is not getting spotted.

Ericmopar #12 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3161 battles

I've tried both, and I think I get more bounces with improved armor. If I get even one bounce it is usually more than the hit points I would have gotten with the improved assembly.

The improved armor doesn't make it thicker, it raises something to do with the hardness.

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

gordonchau #13 Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5634 battles
  • [SLAPP]
tank with heavy armor>improved armor
tank with light armor>choose whatever you want cuz it doesn't matter
tank with medium armor>??

Arkadios200 #14 Posted 16 April 2018 - 01:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2427 battles

I’d go enhanced armor because the Tiger is a chorus in large, vertical, flat plates.

I mean, could the Germans not learn a lesson from the thousands of T-34s they captured?

/AAAAAAAAA\__

/AAAAAAAAAAA\/HHHHHHHHHHHHHHO

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHA

(O``````````````````````O)

\O  O  O  O  O  O  O  O/

__Seal__ #15 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:21 PM

Legendary Guardian of Sealkind

• Players
  • 12376 battles
  • [PNCR]

I use the HP.

Also check my signature. The tiger’s armor either bounces or doesn’t...there aren’t a lot of areas in between. The HP is more useful for tanks like that.

New to tier X? Here’s the meta, with the all new tier x tier list.

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/92877-the-ultimate-tier-x-tier-list/

#1 Tiger I Player NA, #4 Global

Seal Clubbing (v.)- The act of playing any strong or overpowered tank at tiers 1-6 for the purpose of dominating newer players.

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Melissa_Durat #16 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10252 battles
  • [-HELL]

View PostArkadios200, on 16 April 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

I’d go enhanced armor because the Tiger is a chorus in large, vertical, flat plates.

I mean, could the Germans not learn a lesson from the thousands of T-34s they captured?

I only use E armor on Tiger P, but on Tiger 1 I go on extra HP.

​They do. And they develop the Panzerfaust.. Like 7 types of them actually. So russian challenge them with a fast tank, well they give them Little targets and horde of infantry with "Little rods" able to pierce those tanks. 

Wombeer #17 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:41 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17720 battles
  • [P_O_S]
I just put improved armor on everything at this point. The potential to occasionally avoid massive derp is what I'm looking for. I'd agree that improved assembly is more transparent as to the benefit you're getting, but I don't really find myself in too many scenarios where having extra HP less than the alpha of the lowest damage gun at tier would have saved me. Both are totally RNG dependent and marginally useful except for the tiny handful of times where they are critically important. Most of the crew skills are similar actually - when is 7% higher dpm after a kill (rage/fury whatever the medium tank skill is) crucial for getting that next shot off? I'd say a tiny sliver of opportunities out of hundreds of games.

Tier X Goals Complete: 13 out of 25

Currently Grinding: T-34-2, Cent 7/1, M46 Patton, Jagdtiger, Obj 704, ST-I, VK 45.02B

Playing for Fun: T-34-3 :hiding:

PanzertroopenVT #18 Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5708 battles
  • [EYE]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 15 April 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

Ah yes, stalinium was with me on this day..........

bounced two kv2 shells with those hp as well.

Posted Image

some games ur the big dog, others ur the puppy nipping at heels it feels like and I've got a fraction of ur games played.

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm") refers to a command within the Heer of the GermanWehrmacht, responsible for the affairs of panzer (tank) and motorized forces shortly before and during the Second World War

DanAnsomeHansome #19 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31473 battles
  • [MOMS]

View PostMP246, on 16 April 2018 - 05:06 AM, said:

Improved assembly can save you in some situations while enhanced armor is (in my opinion) almost useless for the Tiger 1, because Tiger 1 has flat armor means it will get penetrated very easily when you don't angle your tank. Also the best armor is not getting spotted.

How do not get spotted in a tiger unless u advocate sniping in one. 

mlacunza #20 Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:49 PM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 35279 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View PostArkadios200, on 16 April 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

Read the history before of write that...

Saludos!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users