DMG

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Dark_Magician_Girl #1 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:08 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 23150 battles
  • [SRT]

Hi everyone, with the introduction of the 30 1er into the game, I thought I would provide some advice based on my current thoughts about the current method of sales employed by WG, and a little talk about the tank itself and how it performs.

SpartacusDiablo posted a thread a little while back about the 121B saying: "Don't like it?  Don't buy it."  You don't have to buy the crates.  WG continues to offer these loot boxes because there is enough interest to keep it profitable.  Don't like it?  Don't buy it.  

For me personally, I was ok with the 121B crates.  In PC it was a reward tank and was not included in the normal tech tree.  If it translated to Blitz, I doubt WG would put power into the hands of uni's so easily as it would most likely be a competitive/rating reward tank or something to that effect.  Tanks that were premiums/rewards in PC I would like to think translate to Blitz.  I told myself that it made sense.  It's an event tank.  A reward tank.  Whatever.  You know what I mean.

Enter the 1er.  A tank offered in all the other platforms of WoT as attainable by tech tree.  Blitz?  No, the Blitz team feels the need to try and fleece me out of my money for something that is previously possibly attainable for free, or even if I ended up spending money would be a 100% chance of attainability?  Everyone draws their line in the sand at a different place, and this had to be mine.  Why would I pay for a stock tier 9 that should be available in the tech tree?  Regardless of the cost, the mere principle that I would be paying for pixels that were previously available for free- and additionally guaranteed was ludicrous. 

This makes us all wonder... what will WG do next?  They have just shown us they are willing to morph tech tree tanks into "enriched" vehicles, which by the way kind of suck.  On that note. What is this tank?  -10 degrees of gun depression, decent turret.  Fast?  I'd say so.  But it is stock compared to what it could be.  A tier 8 gun?  Meh.  Sure, the tanks weaponry has tier 9 numbers, but I'd rather drive a leo PTA.  The PTA is faster, has noticeably more DPM, and has more alpha.  If I wanted DPM and gun depression I would take a Patton.  If I wanted a strong profile in turret I would take a T54 or a E50.  Bushka talks about the 1er being better than the type 61, but alpha and superior view range are heavily in the 61's favor.  The only reason to buy the 1er is because it combines turret armor, speed, and gun depression.  Is that a winning combination?  Yes, but the STB does almost the same thing at tier 10, but trades a touch of speed for the best view range.  

Back to my original question, what will WG do next?  What tech tree tanks will they be converting into loot tanks next?  Type 5 heavy with higher damage premium shells anybody?

Everyone draws their line in the sand at a different point.  This is where I have drawn mine.  There are 2 different ways to look at the 1er, and even if I view it from the "it's OP" perspective, I don't think it is enough to make me chance my luck not only because of the tanks STOCK configuration, but also because of the way this tank was presented.  If WG wants my money they will do it the right way and sell me a premium that is meant to be a premium.  You know WG, I might have actually pulled the trigger had the 1er been offered in the fully upgraded configuration.  My advice, don't buy this tank, while it appears extremely enticing, I haven't been significantly wow'd by any performance (drivers may provide some bias in that area).  Save your money, hold it for premium time discounts, massive gold discounts so you can accelerate crews/crew skills, or the Ke-Ni Otsu.

~DMG

Edited by Dark_Magician_Girl, 16 April 2018 - 04:13 PM.

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

reluctanttheist #2 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:28 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 21627 battles
  • [III-H]

Heh, I see Sk8 reading this.

I think a lot of us are wondering WTH is going on at WG that they would think this is a good idea.  If WG decides to release a bunch of tanks in this manner, a lot of us just aren't going to buy them.  And given the stats of the tank, it's really P2L (lol) and I wonder if this tank will backfire on WG's plans here.

1. Take rare tank (that the plebs aren't going to understand anyway) and put it on sale
  2. Forum and smart players analyze tank stats; decide to pass
  3. Plebs buy tank, get ROFLstomped in it, and raged at by other players
  4. Plebs close wallet

Doesn't seem like a viable strategy.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

Viper8757NC #3 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20201 battles
  • [III-S]

WG crates are a joke.  For the life of me, I can’t imagine why anyone would purchase them.

limejello99 #4 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:35 PM

Artoria Pendragon Best Waifu Ever

• Players
  • 13626 battles
  • [TAUNT]
I don't care as much about other tanks, but if they pull the same thing for Kranvagn, STRV103B, Sheridan, or Type 5 Heavy, that's when I'm quitting this game.

SpartacusDiablo #5 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13608 battles
  • [VF-1]
I think this event dovetails with the rumored tech tree restructuring.  I wouldn't be surprised to see tanks like the Jumbo and Hellcat up for sale under similar circumstances soon...

Button2011 #6 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:44 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23416 battles
  • [HATED]
I mean, I did expect this- and I honestly don’t care. Wargaming can offer me crates, I won’t buy them. Maybe the 30 b will come out with a boosted 1 er, and that’ll make up for the strife on this version of the crate fiasco. But it’s a reasonable tier 9 that’s relafively balanced as a premium. And tech tree or not I’m sure there will be alternatives means of getting this tank, wether they’re good or bad

Player_5773117413 #7 Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:48 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 26473 battles
  • [IRD]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 16 April 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

And given the stats of the tank, it's really P2L (lol) and I wonder if this tank will backfire on WG's plans here.

1. Take rare tank (that the plebs aren't going to understand anyway) and put it on sale
  2. Forum and smart players analyze tank stats; decide to pass
  3. Plebs buy tank, get ROFLstomped in it, and raged at by other players
  4. Plebs close wallet

Doesn't seem like a viable strategy.

This shoulda happened with the type 64 and kpfpz70, except step 2 got jumbled up a bit

The E-25, skill ceiling so high it's in the next tier (basically, it's OP when used to its max. potential)

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch   #bump4blartch

Boats...that's all I play anymore. Feel free to add me in Water Blitz, same username as here

Wombeer #8 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:02 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17720 battles
  • [P_O_S]

I've had relatively good luck with the crate tanks so far. I acquired 121b, T-34-3, and AMX 30 1er on the 7th, 12th, and 8th crates respectively. However, I know that I've beaten the odds for the most part, and going forward I really can't justify spending on any more of these crate offers (AMX 30B, Chieftain Mk6, and K-91 are nice, but I literally don't even have time to play the tanks I have at this point). I've never gambled in my life before, and it was fun to feel what the dopamine rush was like once...or three times (like Mitt Romney telling us he tried a cigarette and a beer once) . If they move to a purely pay for new content model, I'll just finish up my grind goals and quit. I'd be more than happy to pay a $15/ month fee to play instead like all the MMORPGs used to charge for premium, but this is getting out of hand -- my yearly allotment is already gone for 2018 :bajan:.

Edit: yeah I'm done spending. My odds of winning when I did were: 30% |46% |28%  ($42 | $48 | $48)

Edited by Wombeer, 16 April 2018 - 05:11 PM.

Tier X Goals Complete: 13 out of 25

Currently Grinding: T-34-2, Cent 7/1, M46 Patton, Jagdtiger, Obj 704, ST-I, VK 45.02B

Playing for Fun: T-34-3 :hiding:

BrickSniper33A #9 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18 battles

As someone who knows what it's like to have the 1er sitting in his WoT garage before, I was thoroughly disappointed with the Blitz variant.

It's a real slap in the face to everyone who plays blitz.

When I first saw the news about the 1er, here is how my mind summed up the situation:

"We at WG HQ Know all of you have been wating for the AMX 30s for months or years even. We love our player-base in blitz, so we've decided to let you guys have it (right up the [edited]). We'll introduce the AMX 30s, but instead of giving them their top modules, we'll give them their stock ones so they are truly balanced in the manner we know you're all accustomed to. As a bonus, just to show you all how nice we are, we wont even make you grind the tanks. We'll just throw them in some totally overpriced crates and save you the trouble of deciding what to use your paychecks on. Cyka Bylat comrades!" 

​Star Wars is for plebs, Star Trek is the superior race, Doctor Who is the master race. I am the Truth Giver.

https://www.blitzsta...m/BrickSniper33

boppinbobby #10 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 40253 battles
  • [HJG2]

as long as the Chieftain Mk 6 isn't an event tank.

Big Gunz and Ammo Rackz.

HJG2; Hughmons are People too.

Redsniper77 #11 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:46 PM

Legionary

• Players
  • 21958 battles
  • [PURPL]

edit - never mind lads I might have read something wrong.

As for the amx, if you spend you spend, if you don’t then it’s not like you’re missing out on a broken tank.

Edited by Redsniper77, 16 April 2018 - 05:50 PM.

Tier 10s: Obj. 140, IS-7, Obj. 268, T-62A, AMX 50b, IS-4, Maus, FV 215b (183), 121B, M46 Patton, STB-1, FV 4202

Premiums: 86 Premiums- 1 Tier 10, 1 Tier 9, 20 Tier 8, 20 Tier 7, 11 Tier 6, 12 Tier 5, 5 Tier 4, 12 Tier 3, 4 Tier 2

Currently Grinding: T-58,  AMX AC 46, T54E1, T30, T28, M103, WT auf Pz. IV, B-C 25 t AP, Jagdtiger, E 50, SU-122-54, Conqueror, Leopard PT A, E 75

Masteries: 171/296

someguyfromPitt #12 Posted 16 April 2018 - 05:51 PM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 40490 battles
  • [III-C]

I could see this happening again and again. 

If the restructuring of the tech trees is true, then expect existing tanks like the Hellcat, Jumbo, T18, Pz 4D, and others. 

Yinz have no idea how war gaming is going to sell what you can get for game play for free in the tech free on PC or console. Perhaps they will even sell in 2019 what you can get in the tech free now. 

There is very little left in Blitz to be developed that is unique. Most updates will have little to nothing for 2014/15 year players. 

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

BrickSniper33A #13 Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18 battles

View PostsomeguyfromPitt, on 16 April 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

I could see this happening again and again. 

If the restructuring of the tech trees is true, then expect existing tanks like the Hellcat, Jumbo, T18, Pz 4D, and others. 

Yinz have no idea how war gaming is going to sell what you can get for game play for free in the tech free on PC or console. Perhaps they will even sell in 2019 what you can get in the tech free now. 

There is very little left in Blitz to be developed that is unique. Most updates will have little to nothing for 2014/15 year players. 

Woah woah woah. Did somone say ​THEY'RE REMOVING MY BELOVED JUMBO???!!!

To: WG

​From: Brick

​Star Wars is for plebs, Star Trek is the superior race, Doctor Who is the master race. I am the Truth Giver.

https://www.blitzsta...m/BrickSniper33

BorisBaddenov #14 Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:48 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 19959 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostBrickSniper33A, on 16 April 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

As someone who knows what it's like to have the 1er sitting in his WoT garage before, I was thoroughly disappointed with the Blitz variant.

It's a real slap in the face to everyone who plays blitz.

When I first saw the news about the 1er, here is how my mind summed up the situation:

"We at WG HQ Know all of you have been wating for the AMX 30s for months or years even. We love our player-base in blitz, so we've decided to let you guys have it (right up the [edited]). We'll introduce the AMX 30s, but instead of giving them their top modules, we'll give them their stock ones so they are truly balanced in the manner we know you're all accustomed to. As a bonus, just to show you all how nice we are, we wont even make you grind the tanks. We'll just throw them in some totally overpriced crates and save you the trouble of deciding what to use your paychecks on. Cyka Bylat comrades!" 

Nope.. not a slap in anyone's face.

Why do so many of the folks here on the forums expect WG to make stuff in Blitz exactly the same as in PC ?    I don't get it at all.  We get a new tank and folks will wail that on PC it has 5 rounds in the drum but on Blitz it only has 4 -- OH THE HUMANITIES !!!

Not to mention players like me -- I've only ever played Blitz - not even sure what the AMX 30 1 thing is in the first place -- so it being a "premium" - is absolutely no big deal to me at all.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

DanAnsomeHansome #15 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31473 battles
  • [MOMS]
I would have spent $100 on the crates if I was guaranteed the tank and all the other crap in the crates. What I can’t understand is how is that not enough for wg? $100 for a bunch of boosters and a tank. Leave the smaller crate packages for gambling . $100 should get the tsnk. 

someguyfromPitt #16 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:17 PM

Jeez Louise that one bounced

• Players
  • 40490 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostBrickSniper33A, on 16 April 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

Woah woah woah. Did somone say ​THEY'RE REMOVING MY BELOVED JUMBO???!!!

To: WG

​From: Brick

I believe it is listed as a possible premium tank in orange in this thread...

http://forum.wotblit...-on-tech-trees/

Tier 10's: FV 183, T110E3, T110E4, T110E5, T57, M48, IS-4, IS-7, T-62a, Obj 140, Grille, BätChät 

There is only one TD and 183 is her name. 

I drive Joseph Stallon (IS) tanks for the win.

_The_Tactition_ #17 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:17 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 18451 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Never even considered buying into this scam.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

NICKEL_AND_DIME #18 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:32 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 44444 battles
  • [III-C]

I think the premiums I acquired in 2014-2017 are more fun than any new release they have offered in the last 9-10 months. 

I just don't get wound up over it anymore.  I saw how they turned the M60 into an unmitigated disaster, so I don't expect proper foresight and preventive damage control to be taking place. 

theFANTASTICfox #19 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:40 PM

sparepartsophobia

• Players
  • 18507 battles
  • [PNCR]

Guys please. Help me. I want the AMX 30 1er badly, but I'm scared that I am going to end up hating it. People have been rumoring that those who own the AMX 30 1er will get the 30b for free.

Help me:(

#4 in the LeKpz 41 (with TwisterCup camo), #6 in the M41 Walker-Bulldog, and #8 in the T37

This is what BlitzStars is reporting, so I might be reading something incorrectly...

Certified Anti-FV215b 183 Extremist

BorisBaddenov #20 Posted 16 April 2018 - 07:41 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 19959 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PosttheFANTASTICfox, on 16 April 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

Guys please. Help me. I want the AMX 30 1er badly, but I'm scared that I am going to end up hating it. People have been rumoring that those who own the AMX 30 1er will get the 30b for free.

Help me:(

LOL

Gullible much?

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Also tagged with DMG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users