driving lights

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

outersketcher #1 Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13483 battles

I have a real problem with yoloing. I love to charge into the middle of it all shooting at everything and everyone. 

But, then you die. quickly.

Got some help from my clan leader _POD_. He had me just focus for a while on the AT8 and the Type 62 to help cure me of that problem. 

My WR dropped dramatically. I struggled.. and yes.. YES INDEED.. I DID find ways to yolo in an AT8. But I learned and began to get better. 

Now, I've been playing my lights. They are my favorite class. But I do struggle to get proper damage and kills in these things. Not from driving timidly.. but from simply getting spotted and dying so fast I rarely got a chance to make a decent contribution to the battle.

Anyways, I've been focusing on my tier V - VII lights. (Leopard-Chafee-Crusader-ELC-T37-T21-VK28.01-MT-25) 

If you take a look at my stats on those tanks. You'll notice that I do an okay job of spotting for the most part.. but damage is low. And I average about .5 kills per battle. 

If I had to pick favorites.. I'd say the Leopard, and the T37 were my favorites. Not for their wr.. but for the sheer fun in driving them. (I just earned enough xp in the T37 to get the Bulldog.)

When I play my lights. I usually head out in front of my team.. (moving from soft cover to soft cover). Trying to spot. Once I find some reds. I try not to shoot. (unless the shot is just too juicy to resist) and back down to let my team mates move forward and engage. Then I spin around and try for a flank. To spot the inevitable hiding TD or sniping red. 

This is where I often make a mistake. But I usually engage the TD or sniping red I find. Sometimes I win..sometimes I don't. If I survive that. I try to harass the reds and distract them with shots into their hienies while they face my team mates.

Still, I tend to get low damage scores and 0-1 kills. I'd like to improve that. I have been taking videos of my light battles.

Any advice?

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

ixie #2 Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9238 battles

If this is not a troll post, would you mind sharing the videos on YouTube or something so we can analyze them?

To improve your gameplay, I recommend watching Dark_Magician_Girl's map guides and gameplay. She teaches you how to use certain positions on maps to put shots in, without taking damage in return. Any youtuber, however, will demonstrate how to play certain tanks, and watching this gameplay will teach your brain to stay back and put shots in at the right times.

An easy tactic for doing damage is to wait until the enemy fires, and then poke out to shoot them. 

Edited by Luc____, 18 April 2018 - 06:40 PM.

"Newer Player"

I'm working to improve my winrate. Currently: 45% 46% 47% 48%  49% 50% 51%ish >>> 30 days is 60% ... Currently working to become a unicum, and all tips are appreciated!

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #3 Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24831 battles
  • [LVG]
IMO, your damage per minute is low. That probably signifies too heavy a focus on positional play, e.g. driving and flanking for most of the game, instead of setting up in a damage-dealing spot. In your next games, after you do early spotting (and I like that you don't always shoot at the first target), set up in a damage farm spot. You don't always need to flank; read the situation because there's times when you can't isolate the sniping TD like you said, or when you'll unluckily run into a couple red flankers. 

Edited by _UrgleMcPurfle_, 18 April 2018 - 06:46 PM.

outersketcher #4 Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13483 battles

Troll post?.. hah. No.. The guys on COD-R tolerate me. Even with my lousy damage scores. And I'm grateful for that. They're a great bunch.

I've been playing with my Iphones screen record option and its pretty cool. Even records sound. I'll try to get a couple up and posted tonight.

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

outersketcher #5 Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13483 battles

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 18 April 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

IMO, your damage per minute is low. That probably signifies too heavy a focus on positional play, e.g. driving and flanking for most of the game, instead of setting up in a damage-dealing spot. In your next games, after you do early spotting (and I like that you don't always shoot at the first target), set up in a damage farm spot. You don't always need to flank.

oooo.. I DO do a lot of that. Your advice sounds right. I'll try to get into the fight sooner the next battle I play

cheesehead247365 #6 Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14769 battles
use more hard cover than soft cover, and don't sit long at any spot.  at least you are attempting to get out front and spot for your team

Zuke76 #7 Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:24 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 19660 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View PostLuc____, on 18 April 2018 - 06:35 PM, said:

If this is not a troll post, would you mind sharing the videos on YouTube or something so we can analyze them?

To improve your gameplay, I recommend watching Dark_Magician_Girl's map guides and gameplay. She teaches you how to use certain positions on maps to put shots in, without taking damage in return. Any youtuber, however, will demonstrate how to play certain tanks, and watching this gameplay will teach your brain to stay back and put shots in at the right times.

An easy tactic for doing damage is to wait until the enemy fires, and then poke out to shoot them. 

SHE?

_AlphaX #8 Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32908 battles

View PostLuc____, on 18 April 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

But dmg is a meme to good players 

_AlphaX #9 Posted 18 April 2018 - 08:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 32908 battles

View Postoutersketcher, on 18 April 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

I have a real problem with yoloing. I love to charge into the middle of it all shooting at everything and everyone. 

But, then you die. quickly.

Got some help from my clan leader _POD_. He had me just focus for a while on the AT8 and the Type 62 to help cure me of that problem. 

My WR dropped dramatically. I struggled.. and yes.. YES INDEED.. I DID find ways to yolo in an AT8. But I learned and began to get better. 

Now, I've been playing my lights. They are my favorite class. But I do struggle to get proper damage and kills in these things. Not from driving timidly.. but from simply getting spotted and dying so fast I rarely got a chance to make a decent contribution to the battle.

Anyways, I've been focusing on my tier V - VII lights. (Leopard-Chafee-Crusader-ELC-T37-T21-VK28.01-MT-25) 

If you take a look at my stats on those tanks. You'll notice that I do an okay job of spotting for the most part.. but damage is low. And I average about .5 kills per battle. 

If I had to pick favorites.. I'd say the Leopard, and the T37 were my favorites. Not for their wr.. but for the sheer fun in driving them. (I just earned enough xp in the T37 to get the Bulldog.)

When I play my lights. I usually head out in front of my team.. (moving from soft cover to soft cover). Trying to spot. Once I find some reds. I try not to shoot. (unless the shot is just too juicy to resist) and back down to let my team mates move forward and engage. Then I spin around and try for a flank. To spot the inevitable hiding TD or sniping red. 

This is where I often make a mistake. But I usually engage the TD or sniping red I find. Sometimes I win..sometimes I don't. If I survive that. I try to harass the reds and distract them with shots into their hienies while they face my team mates.

Still, I tend to get low damage scores and 0-1 kills. I'd like to improve that. I have been taking videos of my light battles.

Any advice?

It seems you are very aggressive and take a spotting run that doesn’t work. You should try and find positions that you can rush to right as you spawn in then be able to run away and avoid the enemy. Afterwards you should goto a position that will maximize your damage output, whether is be sniping or brawling or even just running from target to target, this is all dependent on the map and situation. 

ixie #10 Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9238 battles

View PostZuke76, on 18 April 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

SHE?

DMG would like to be referred to as a "she." This was clarified in the comments section of a video which is now deleted (due to people making fun of her being trans).
"Newer Player"

I'm working to improve my winrate. Currently: 45% 46% 47% 48%  49% 50% 51%ish >>> 30 days is 60% ... Currently working to become a unicum, and all tips are appreciated!

Zuke76 #11 Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:25 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 19660 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View PostLuc____, on 18 April 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

DMG would like to be referred to as a "she." This was clarified in the comments section of a video which is now deleted (due to people making fun of her being trans).

​Ah, I see.

SanguinaryDan #12 Posted 19 April 2018 - 01:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17259 battles
  • [III-P]

If you really want to buff your damage numbers in Lights at those Tiers you need to change your rides. You need to use tanks like the Leopard or LTTB. One gives you ridiculous RoF and the other big alpha. 

The higher caliber auto-loaders are okay if you can clip out on a single target without getting return fire. So the lower the intra-clip reload the better. Anything over 2.00 seconds is a pass. 

And don’t rely rely on soft cover alone during your spotting runs. You want soft adjacent to hard. The hard can be a rock, a building or a ridgeline. Peak and pull back. You don’t have to register and identify the targets, let the game worry about that. 

Just remember you could always go to the T49 and derp your targets into the next life. :justwait:

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

outersketcher #13 Posted 23 April 2018 - 10:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13483 battles
grins.. I'm on my way to the T49.

_Taste #14 Posted 30 April 2020 - 04:57 AM

Floof Fanatic

• Players
  • 30401 battles
  • [PONDA]

View PostLuc____, on 18 April 2018 - 09:52 PM, said:

Interesting

Blitz Economics - Premium & Collector Tank Tracker

http://forum.wotblit...202021-edition/

Wg should Ban the BOTS and AFKERS PERMANTLY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users