• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

tanker070 #1 Posted 20 April 2018 - 05:03 PM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 60118 battles
  • [BDSMR]

Welcome to second edition of "Let's pound Ponder that"
Importing new ideas and theories into blitz.

This time we ponder... How do these well known teams keep communication going in tough times?
(especially those in Prof. tourneys that go beyond individual skill)
► Ways to commanding your tournament team.

Value of clear communication between competitive teams have shown its importance in time and time again.  Seeing this as a basic necessity that many teams struggle with, I have compiled this method with alot of contribution from my previous comp. team members.
Was hesitated to share this before but whats a benefit of such ideas if others can't utilise / improve upon this.

Main inspiration behind this was from Sun Tzu (chapter 5- Energy)
"
Fighting with a large army under your command is nowise (not at all) different from fighting with a small one: it is merely a question of instituting signs and signals.

So when my caller use to command in SKXLL/CR0WS, we would struggle to control the team after the engagement has begun. Under stress I would freeze up (during calling) and end up not saying anything till action was over.. So we started combining players and pairing them up to alleviate extra stress during an engagement.
(2) people in is7 \\ (2) people in tds\meds \\  (2) covering front line in maus/is4 & 1 floating tank
this theory was applied sometimes when situations called for this.. but we didn't use other signals/ code names to execute any actions.

Here is an theoretical example reiterated by QuantumMachine[SKILL]

With basic understanding behind this, im sure we could improve upon this system and maybe help some teams out there in comp. 

What are some ways have you experienced that worked on managing flow of your team and kept comms clear and concise during action? Share away your advice...

Thanks to all who helped developing this idea.

Spoiler

Edited by tanker070, 20 April 2018 - 05:07 PM.

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

Fumanchu_17 #2 Posted 20 April 2018 - 09:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40122 battles
  • [WARIR]
Reach out to me, WARIR, we play tournaments and we are all struggling. It look like a good system with a few changes to Taylor cut it to our clan. I see a lot of positive thoughts 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users