Jump to content


Rockfield Supremacy Meta. What is it?

Rockfield Supremacy Meta

  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Rockfield Supremacy Meta? (27 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battle in order to participate this poll.

Most Pub Matches Go:

  1. A - Bunker (11 votes [40.74%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 40.74%

  2. C - Hill (16 votes [59.26%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 59.26%

Vote Hide poll

Kiser_Sosei #1 Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:43 PM

    Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

  • Players
  • 32375 battles
  • 1,541
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    11-12-2014

Preface: Ok I did not see WIP WAP JAWS exact same poll for this from two days ago. So feel free to ignore unless you want to comment on if tiers change the meta. Thanks... 

 

Honest Question. Not asking what your clan does on tournaments but in regular pub matches what is typically the Meta on Rockfield, Supremacy only Matches. 

So its a tier 6-7 game. I called A The Bunker. Another person on the green team calls C, the far side hill, the normal meta for non supremacy side. He is from a separate yet very prominent clan. The team split. Half went A and half went C. 6 Red tanks went A and 1 B. Those of us at A were quickly obliterated. Red team obviously thought A was the meta.

The game came down to the last 200 ish hit points and this unicum somehow pulled it off for the win. This is beside the point, but I want to give credit where its due. He and I had a quick chat after the game and he was adamant that the meta was C. His only qualifying remark was (play more tier 10) 

I have long thought A was the meta because its easier to control B. This other player has better stats than I. So I am looking for re-education, if that is the case. Does it change with different tiers? I will admit I do not play a lot of tier 10 (why loose credits to play with 39% players? I can do that at tiers 6-8 and make credits)

Can the wisdom of the forum shed any insights on Rockfield Supremacy matches? 


Edited by Kiser_Sosei, 23 April 2018 - 03:59 PM.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei


Player_39363936 #2 Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:57 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 69964 battles
  • 4,269
  • [EWENS]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014


I cap B  every time ....

 

No one ever contests me ...

 

And we have a cap before anyone has any idea it’s happened.

 

P.s.  I do this on every map ...



_UrgleMcPurfle_ #3 Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:02 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13632 battles
  • 2,791
  • [HATED]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2016
I actually think it's easier to control B from C. The bunkers offer good hulldown protection but the angle at which the "legs" protrude makes it difficult for larger tanks' hull to be completely covered. On the other side of the map, there are multiple angles which might not individually provide hulldown cover, but when used by things with good gun depression and/or sidescraping ability there arises a lot of firing lanes which a B capper cannot all be properly angled to or covered from.

Posit1ve_ #4 Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:08 PM

    Credits Master

  • Players
  • 55258 battles
  • 5,613
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

I always go C. The center hill from C provides easy resets on B if the enemy doesn't contest C, and it's actually way easier to reset B from C than A, since on A, you'll have to pay a metric truckton of HP to peek on B (especially if you have no gun depression).

 

Moreover, C side provides way better vision on the A side than A does for C. From the C side, you can use bushes to spot the enemy while remaining hidden, then fire from hull down positions. A provides no such luxuries, with the only windows to peek on the C side being completely devoid of cover, be it bushes or hull down cover, or anything really. 

 

And finally, from C there are more hull down positions to play around with to fight against enemy tanks that go to C, whereas at A, fighting can quickly become static, and turn into simple shot trading without being able to make any aggressive game winning plays.


Edited by Posit1ve_, 23 April 2018 - 04:09 PM.

336 tanks in the garage!

 

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict


40_Percenter #5 Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:10 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 40969 battles
  • 759
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    12-30-2016
On supremacy I go AB.  On encounter I'm more apt to go C side.  
Nobody likes 40 Percenters.  

its_just_a_game_ #6 Posted 23 April 2018 - 04:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4012 battles
  • 371
  • [BB_]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2017

View Post40_Percenter, on 23 April 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

On supremacy I go AB.  On encounter I'm more apt to go C side.  

Yeah same here, on Encounter its easiest to get my team to go C side.



BoomMfer #7 Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:12 PM

    This space for rent

  • Players
  • 63552 battles
  • 1,690
  • Member since:
    01-13-2013
A and B in Supremacy, C side in encounter. I have never lost to points when team goes to A, but have lost many times when team goes to C and enemy takes A uncontested.

Fu_Manchu_ #8 Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:33 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11504 battles
  • 3,432
  • [CLEAR]
  • Member since:
    10-03-2017

View PostPosit1ve_, on 23 April 2018 - 09:08 AM, said:

I always go C. The center hill from C provides easy resets on B if the enemy doesn't contest C, and it's actually way easier to reset B from C than A, since on A, you'll have to pay a metric truckton of HP to peek on B (especially if you have no gun depression).

 

Moreover, C side provides way better vision on the A side than A does for C. From the C side, you can use bushes to spot the enemy while remaining hidden, then fire from hull down positions. A provides no such luxuries, with the only windows to peek on the C side being completely devoid of cover, be it bushes or hull down cover, or anything really. 

 

And finally, from C there are more hull down positions to play around with to fight against enemy tanks that go to C, whereas at A, fighting can quickly become static, and turn into simple shot trading without being able to make any aggressive game winning plays.

 

Agreed. I frequently reset both A and B from that little hill by C. Nubs will get wrecked going up on that hill above C but that's because they stay up too long and take significant fire. I pop up, take a shot and pop back down to reload. If you go A and/or B, you will have no shots into C to stop red from capping it.

AKA HanYolo_.


Chariot_Solace #9 Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:37 PM

    Stug Life

  • Players
  • 44161 battles
  • 2,814
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    12-06-2016

View Post40_Percenter, on 23 April 2018 - 10:10 AM, said:

On supremacy I go AB.  On encounter I'm more apt to go C side.  

 

^^^

 


Tier Xs: 14 Lines I'm Grinding: 8 Favorite Tank: E75 Top 100 Tanks: 58 Premiums: 62 Aced: 245/248

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Chariot_Solace


outersketcher #10 Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12738 battles
  • 3,045
  • [COD-R]
  • Member since:
    02-25-2016

I'm a C Person for the reasons posted by Posit1v and FuManchu. 

I really like that C is protected from the bunker. 

 


I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...


__Crusader6__ #11 Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:52 PM

    Annoying Mod

  • Players
  • 60317 battles
  • 11,824
  • [-C6-]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

As far as random encounter battles go -> C for both.

 

1) C is a protected cap, and it is easier to get first (well technically B is - but)

2) IF C is contested - you can make a decision to push (a split red team), or to send a fast tank to A while denying C.

 

If Red goes A -- you will get C first - and simply play a waiting game of denying B and running up points first.   Red will then need to get desperate and make errors into your guns, or let you cap by points.

 

A can be reset very easy by lobbing HE at either of the legs (where tanks try to hide).

 

 


 
Tank Hoarder: 386 tanks in Garage:  381/390 aced,    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

 


Posit1ve_ #12 Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:53 PM

    Credits Master

  • Players
  • 55258 battles
  • 5,613
  • [_V_]
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011
All these A cap infidels. I can't comprehend why this is so contested

336 tanks in the garage!

 

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict


__Crusader6__ #13 Posted 23 April 2018 - 05:58 PM

    Annoying Mod

  • Players
  • 60317 battles
  • 11,824
  • [-C6-]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostPosit1ve_, on 23 April 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

All these A cap infidels. I can't comprehend why this is so contested

 

I made a FTA short cut --> 40%'ers to A

 

I did it today before this thread --- as I got so fed up with glass cannons charging A and getting pasted with zero dmg.

 

 


 
Tank Hoarder: 386 tanks in Garage:  381/390 aced,    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner
 
 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

 


fedsnbr #14 Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:02 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 55481 battles
  • 998
  • [STRYK]
  • Member since:
    11-26-2014
I prefer C, but would play along if team decide to go A. In OP’s scenario I dare say the real problem wasn’t either going A or C, but a split team.

reluctanttheist #15 Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:23 PM

    Canuck Didactics

  • Players
  • 25859 battles
  • 6,139
  • [III-H]
  • Member since:
    01-12-2015
C either way (better cover for Encounter games).  For supremacy, you can't get the guns down from A to deny B without getting rekt from tanks on the C side.  C can deny B with sufficient protection from the A side.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar


cheasesteak #16 Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:33 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 20470 battles
  • 4,204
  • [COD-R]
  • Member since:
    11-15-2014
I'm too slow.  I'm going town.

 

 

... and Epstein didn’t kill himself


Dark_Magician_Girl #17 Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:34 PM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 38370 battles
  • 5,166
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

I prefer hill side, but I have gone to the bunker side before.  Someone messaged me about my poor calling after a win saying that "You know damn well Bushka would say the other side is better."  I asked him if he believed everything Bushka told him.  People believe that the bunker side is so OP because they think Bushka's video on Rockfield is the word of God.  Bushka does make good points, but I don't think it is absolute.

 

I like the hill side because I can always get an early free shot off from the bushes if someone is dumb enough to find out where I am.  I can also kill mediums/lights there which are normally easier to engage early-game given the skill level of the player base between tank types.  While the hill side cannot look at B as easily, the hillside CAN deny the bunker cap reliably bar a few extreme cases (Obj.140).  While the concept of a cap advantage exists on the bunker side I don't think it warrants always going to the bunker.  Another good point is that the areas to reset B from the bunker side are very exposed to the hill at C.  Many times I have sat in TD's and picked off people trying to reset my teammates capping B.  I would do so frequently unspotted. 

 

 


STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 48 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 35+ unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 3 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

 

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

 


its_just_a_game_ #18 Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:35 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4012 battles
  • 371
  • [BB_]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2017

View Postcheasesteak, on 23 April 2018 - 06:33 PM, said:

I'm too slow.  I'm going town.

Lol!



its_just_a_game_ #19 Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:37 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4012 battles
  • 371
  • [BB_]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2017

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 23 April 2018 - 06:34 PM, said:

I prefer hill side, but I have gone to the bunker side before.  Someone messaged me about my poor calling after a win saying that "You know damn well Bushka would say the other side is better."  I asked him if he believed everything Bushka told him.  People believe that the bunker side is so OP because they think Bushka's video on Rockfield is the word of God.  Bushka does make good points, but I don't think it is absolute.

 

I like the hill side because I can always get an early free shot off from the bushes if someone is dumb enough to find out where I am.  I can also kill mediums/lights there which are normally easier to engage early-game given the skill level of the player base between tank types.  While the hill side cannot look at B as easily, the hillside CAN deny the bunker cap reliably bar a few extreme cases (Obj.140).  While the concept of a cap advantage exists on the bunker side I don't think it warrants always going to the bunker.  Another good point is that the areas to reset B from the bunker side are very exposed to the hill at C.  Many times I have sat in TD's and picked off people trying to reset my teammates capping B.  I would do so frequently unspotted. 

 

 

Would you say some of it is dependent on the make up of the teams?



Dark_Magician_Girl #20 Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:39 PM

    #1 Reroll NA

  • Players
  • 38370 battles
  • 5,166
  • [_STR8]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2016

View Postits_just_a_game_, on 23 April 2018 - 01:37 PM, said:

Would you say some of it is dependent on the make up of the teams?

 

Of course.  If we had a favorable medium matchup I would definitely be going to the hill side. 

STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 48 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 35+ unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 3 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

 

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

 






Also tagged with Rockfield, Supremacy, Meta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users