• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Kutejikashi_senpai #1 Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:49 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6236 battles
  • [-UBM-]
To be honest, I really was a bit down for the MT-25;
I was only at 5k of get it and then I start seeing hate post against it.

Worse tank on the line, bad gameplay, etc, etc.

But I found this tank is sooooo much fun, the gun is great on a LT (Soviet bias i think, even on LT Stalin is with you), it have a nice handling, actually have armour who can bounce shells (I was surpriced with that), and a nice health pool who can survive a few shoots to get to an advantageous position.

The thing here is, can actually someone tell me what is that bad part on the tank? what's that thing who makes people hate the MT-25?

bg2b #2 Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:07 AM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]
It's great now.  But previously it didn't have the 57mm autoloader, and all the other guns are lacking.  Also it acquired a fair amount of its reputation by being poor in comparison to the VK 28.01 before the VK got hammered with the nerf bat.

fluffyteddy763 #3 Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:13 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5845 battles
The new gun it got really lets it shine. It's an absolute monster, and one of the gems of the Russian Light Tank line, in my opinion.
I've reached a point in my life where I've decided I'm not old. I'm actually 20, but with shipping and handling!

Kutejikashi_senpai #4 Posted 28 April 2018 - 02:21 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6236 battles
  • [-UBM-]

View Postbg2b, on 28 April 2018 - 02:07 AM, said:

It's great now.  But previously it didn't have the 57mm autoloader, and all the other guns are lacking.  Also it acquired a fair amount of its reputation by being poor in comparison to the VK 28.01 before the VK got hammered with the nerf bat.

In wich way it was nerfed?

I'm seeing it's stadistics and I see it far superior even now.

Zuke76 #5 Posted 28 April 2018 - 01:31 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 17660 battles
  • [FL-TH]
Its dabest tenk and dafunnest tenk

ignisgallo #6 Posted 11 May 2018 - 08:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 15060 battles
  • [ABOMB]
Great little tank. Fast small agile just don't care for the gun especially in a tournement it has a hard time penetrating 

bg2b #7 Posted 12 May 2018 - 12:42 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 21070 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostKutejikashi_senpai, on 27 April 2018 - 10:21 PM, said:

In wich way it [the VK 28.01] was nerfed?

I'm seeing it's stadistics and I see it far superior even now.

The 28.01 had top speed reduced from 72 to 65kph.  Aim time 10% worse.  Dispersion 6% worse.  Reload time about 5% worse.  Supposedly gun depression and elevation were also to be nerfed, but I'm not 100% sure about the latter.  They said that gun depression would be changed to 6 degrees, but I think if you actually try in-game it still looks to be about 9 degrees; perhaps it was quietly changed back.  The VK is not a bad tank still.  Mostly though the MT just had no good gun choices before.  The autoloader couldn't pen, the single-shot 57mm left you way too exposed, and the 76mm had mediocre pen and accuracy (but was probably the best choice).    If you ran the MT with the 76mm, it was really an in-every-way-worse VK.

TonnerreCadien #8 Posted 12 May 2018 - 03:04 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 45076 battles
  • [HAHA]
I like the MT-25, but I am truly hit-and-miss with it. Some games I shine brilliantly, and others I just choke. I think in part it's that I am really not so great with light tanks. I'm trying to fix that.

b5cjLSY.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...

anonym_U7SLgsVd49lS #9 Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 12 May 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

I like the MT-25, but I am truly hit-and-miss with it. Some games I shine brilliantly, and others I just choke. I think in part it's that I am really not so great with light tanks. I'm trying to fix that.

They seem really decision based - with the way they can shoot and scoot if you make good choices you can shine.  I know the feeling of getting spanked for a wrong turn!

NICKEL_AND_DIME #10 Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 53331 battles
  • [III]
This thing can't 1v1 anything.  It isn't terrible, but I am really wishing I had skipped the MT-25. 

MudkipAtWar #11 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:57 PM

die

• Players
  • 22282 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View PostKutejikashi_senpai, on 27 April 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

To be honest, I really was a bit down for the MT-25;
I was only at 5k of get it and then I start seeing hate post against it.

Worse tank on the line, bad gameplay, etc, etc.

But I found this tank is sooooo much fun, the gun is great on a LT (Soviet bias i think, even on LT Stalin is with you), it have a nice handling, actually have armour who can bounce shells (I was surpriced with that), and a nice health pool who can survive a few shoots to get to an advantageous position.

The thing here is, can actually someone tell me what is that bad part on the tank? what's that thing who makes people hate the MT-25?

They hate it because it’s in that delicate area where it sees both kv2s and su152s while having no armor and no safe net for bad players. 

I love it because TOKYO DRIFT WOOOOOOOOO while unloading a 350 hp burst at some poor soul

Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

SpartacusDiablo #12 Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:46 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 26155 battles
  • [III-R]
Он хороший танк. Идет быстро с большим бумом.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

StarPolice #13 Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30699 battles
  • [-DCR-]
It's like the Leo. Good players absolutely tear up bad players who don't angle up against the gun and give away their sides and butt.  Good players know how to counter it pretty well though. I'd much rather have a VK28 against good players because of its way better pen, armor when angled, and accuracy. Also it suffers a lot when uptiered.

Edited by StarPolice, 15 June 2018 - 04:32 AM.

NICKEL_AND_DIME #14 Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:23 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 53331 battles
  • [III]

I am just not a fan of this thing.  I have tried every gun available and still find this tank lacking.  To be a light tank, its mobility from a stop is horrible.  Any slight incline of a hill and you get stuck.  Rocks completely cripple you if you try to drive over them. 

All of the guns I have tried have issues.  Aimed shots either don't hit or don't pen, and when using an autoloader the clip reload gets me killed every time by literally any other tank that tries to 1v1 me.  I can't even outmaneuver most heavies in this. 

I haven't played all the Tier VI tanks, but this one is absolutely my least favorite of the ones I have driven. 

outersketcher #15 Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:43 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12738 battles
  • [COD-R]

Allright then. What do you folks suggest one do to prepare the MT-25 to it's most effective in battle?

which gun?

what gear and provisions to run it with? 

Is it worthwhile to pay for camo?

Best playstyle? 

I try to follow the wise teachings of Mr Miyagi.  "Best defense, no be there."

...don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit... OWWW you %$#$!... don't get hit... don't get hit... don't get hit...

NICKEL_AND_DIME #16 Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:23 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 53331 battles
  • [III]

View Postoutersketcher, on 15 June 2018 - 10:43 AM, said:

Allright then. What do you folks suggest one do to prepare the MT-25 to it's most effective in battle?

which gun?

Top tier final upgrade autoloader is best for pen and credits

what gear and provisions to run it with? 

I have 8 equipment slots and I still find it to be hard to maneuver.

I use multi kit, repair kit, and speed boost.

Vents, The thing that helps when getting rammed, and optics,

Calibrated shells, HP buff, and traverse buff (sometimes I switch to engine boost, neither really help much)

Refined gun (when using auto loaders) and toolbox.

AND IT STILL IS HORRID AND CAN'T HOLD ITS OWN WITHOUT HELP NEARBY.

Is it worthwhile to pay for camo?

I take every benefit I can get, so yes.

Best playstyle? 

Spot, hide, peek out, unload, hide while reloading, hope nobody charges you, flank if the enemy is collected together and hope your team can avoid sitting in the open long enough for you to help contribute to a win.  Platooning helps a lot.

SullBhit #17 Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:14 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30541 battles
  • [CLEAR]
The MT-25 is not a good tank. Why? A little thing I like to call the carry coefficient. When your team melts, the MT-25 will get steam rolled. To get the full benefit of the autoloader, you have to up close and personal to make up for poor pen. That means someone else better be distracting your target. When you are left 1 v many... you have all the attention you can’t overcome unless every red is sub 45%.

I will admit that I ran without provisions and equipment... but I don’t think that would have helped.  Nickel and Dime summed it all up in his response to Outsketcher.  

Edited by SullBhit, 15 June 2018 - 06:15 PM.

NICKEL_AND_DIME #18 Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:03 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 53331 battles
  • [III]

Learned something I did not realize about this tank from a clan brother over the weekend.  This tank is better for KBM players, and worse for those of us who just the standard touch control.  Just putting that out there as it makes sense once he explained it to me. 

I suffered this tank in touch control.  If I had not invested spare parts into this garbage heap, I would have scrapped it already. 

SpartacusDiablo #19 Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:00 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 26155 battles
  • [III-R]
I liked the MT even before the new gun was added.  The 47mm was fun, the 57mm is even more fun.  

She is slow to start but once she's moving she does well.  Very much a never fight fair kind of tank.  As a matter of fact if the fight looks evenly remotely fair you should run away and then hit the reds from somewhere else.

Here is how I do it.  I will aggressively scout at the start.  Always using terrain to my advantage and always having an escape plan.  Once the reds are spotted I will fall back past the greens or bait the reds and then fall back past the greens.  From there I'll try to circle around.  Spotting the other reds but always having a plan to run ready to go.  Then it's just a matter of flanking and shooting distracted reds or finding a lone red you can abuse with your burst DPM and mobility.

She's a good tank, just a smidge team dependent.  Make your team take the hits while you farm damage.  That really goes for any tank but it goes double for a tank like the MT.  She is a light tank and needs to be played as one.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

Also tagged with opinion, personal, mt-25

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users