I need help with the 152

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Dominator702 #1 Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:52 PM

The Camping Wuss

• Players
  • 15050 battles
  • [D33DZ]
So I figured out that if I stay back with the 152mm gun it doesn’t hit anything, if I go in close I do damage but die quickly, and even somewhere in the middle it gun doesn’t hit anything, what am I supposed to do?

Dirty [D33DZ] Done Dirt Cheap!

My stats:https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Dominator702

Weather they’re good or bad I wear them with pride!

Luc____ #2 Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9025 battles
Be strategic when you go up close. Try some short flanks (like on mayan ruins town side), or pop out once the enemy has fired. Additionally, I once ran into a unicum SIDESCRAPING and angling in it, and he actually did a really good job. So yeah, shoot em when or where they can't shoot you back.
"Newer Player"

I'm working to improve my winrate. Currently: 45% 46% 47% 48%  49% 50% 51%ish >>> 30 days is 60% ... Currently working to become a unicum, and all tips are appreciated!

ahredstealth #3 Posted 08 May 2018 - 01:58 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

Stop playing TDs and start playing tanks that take skill.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

__The_Dude_30__ #4 Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:00 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 21835 battles
  • [CRU2L]

I have been summoned.

I agree that camping and sniping don’t work so well for the SU. You need to be a frontline TD, but not to the point where you are yoloing

and getting yourself killed quickly. Use the heavies (or meds depending on the situation) as your meat shields. Only poke out when you are ready to shoot, then take cover and reload. The gun mantlet is super troll, wiggle and angle as much as possible and you will get many bounces. Also, your HE is pretty much legendary. You would be surprised at how many tanks you can pen with HE, even the sides of a T34. If there is ever a question whether you will pen with HEAT, just splash them for 400 damage with HE. Hope all of this helps.

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

__The_Dude_30__ #5 Posted 08 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 21835 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Postahredstealth, on 08 May 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

Stop playing TDs and start playing tanks that take skill.

But Derp! :(

Signature by SpartacusDiablo   The king of signatures                                                                                                                       CRU2L Deputy. CRUEL/CRU2L discord: https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

NWasabi #6 Posted 08 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1875 battles
  • [OC-OC]
It's surprisingly accurate with 100% crew. Regardless you want to be playing second line without sniping, have your heavies take the hits.

djhiz #7 Posted 08 May 2018 - 05:58 PM

Never Say Die

• Players
  • 19850 battles
  • [F2K]
Play it with the 122 for results, and play it with the 152 for fun. It’s rare they intermingle their roles.

"Common sense is not so common"

- Voltaire Jingles

MudkipAtWar #8 Posted 08 May 2018 - 06:09 PM

die

• Players
  • 22282 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View Post__The_Dude_30__, on 08 May 2018 - 09:00 AM, said:

I have been summoned.

I agree that camping and sniping don’t work so well for the SU. You need to be a frontline TD, but not to the point where you are yoloing

and getting yourself killed quickly. Use the heavies (or meds depending on the situation) as your meat shields. Only poke out when you are ready to shoot, then take cover and reload. The gun mantlet is super troll, wiggle and angle as much as possible and you will get many bounces. Also, your HE is pretty much legendary. You would be surprised at how many tanks you can pen with HE, even the sides of a T34. If there is ever a question whether you will pen with HEAT, just splash them for 400 damage with HE. Hope all of this helps.

Like the WT pz iv? (Im getting it soon and thats how i play the wt)

Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

Ookla_the_Mok #9 Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:25 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 28238 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Allow me to put on my tinfoil hat:

Something is up with the 152. I have hundreds of games in the tank, but the gun is different and not in a way that I can find attributable to a nerf. If I had to describe it simply, it would be that more shells than ever before are on trajectories outside or at the very far fringe of the reticle. Yes, it has always been derpy, but eventually you learn to anticipate and pre-aim shots, yet that is no longer working. THe gun handling "feels" broken.

[BRSKT] may or may not be recruiting you. 

Our Discord is now 72% Gritty content.

__The_Dude_30__ #10 Posted 08 May 2018 - 08:56 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 21835 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostMudkipAtWar, on 08 May 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

Like the WT pz iv? (Im getting it soon and thats how i play the wt)

I have never played the WT, but I would guess that you should snipe in the WT more because of the horrible armor profile.

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

Dark_Magician_Girl #11 Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:28 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 38162 battles
  • [_STR8]
I think the SU-152 is a terrible tank.  Don't worry if you do bad in it because the consistency of the weapon is so poor.  It really is feast or famine dependent upon your matchup.  

STAR1 NA top 10 all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 most winning all-time ranked player - Blitzstars NA top 10 highest career WN8 all-time ranked player - #1 ranked driver E75 STAR1 - Blitzstars 48 different vehicles with top 10 all-time NA WN8 - 35+ unique career 3000+ damage averages at high tiers - Captain of 3 top 8 NA tournament appearances - Content creator of map meta defining Blitz YT content - 1 of 3 Bushka masterclass candidates.

I am, the Dark Magician Girl

MudkipAtWar #12 Posted 09 May 2018 - 12:31 AM

die

• Players
  • 22282 battles
  • [FL-TH]

View Post__The_Dude_30__, on 08 May 2018 - 03:56 PM, said:

I have never played the WT, but I would guess that you should snipe in the WT more because of the horrible armor profile.

I play it semi frontline. I hide behind ridge lines or buildings, and peek up (using my 10 degrees of rear depression) or out when nobody is looking (even if they are, you won’t be spotted until you are going back to cover) and repeat.

Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

__The_Dude_30__ #13 Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:51 PM

acrisis’s assistant

• Players
  • 21835 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 08 May 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

I think the SU-152 is a terrible tank.  Don't worry if you do bad in it because the consistency of the weapon is so poor.  It really is feast or famine dependent upon your matchup.  

I respectfully disagree. If you play it as a support tank, sniping and camping, the 152mm gun will treat you horribly. But, if you play it semi-aggressive, the weapon will work wonders. Sk8 said that the dispersion numbers in the garage do not add up with the actual gun handling at all, it is way more accurate than it should be. And I realize that you will get those really annoying shots into the dirt straight into the dirt in front of you, but the BL-10s on the ISU and 704 do it too. Not to mention, it has 960 HE alpha, going against tier 6’s. At tier 6 and 7, there are still so many lightly armored tanks that can be penned with that HE easily. And if you can’t pen with AP, HEAT usually do the trick. And if it doesn’t, just don’t even aim at all and splash for a hefty 400 damage. I personally think the tank is great, but we all have different opinions.

o7 RatchetGod, R.I.P.

Dominator702 #14 Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:55 PM

The Camping Wuss

• Players
  • 15050 battles
  • [D33DZ]

View Post__The_Dude_30__, on 08 May 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

I have been summoned.

Thanks for the help man I’ll try it out and see what happens 

Dirty [D33DZ] Done Dirt Cheap!

My stats:https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Dominator702

Weather they’re good or bad I wear them with pride!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users