Middleburg up?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

tiger_strike_23 #1 Posted 14 May 2018 - 07:58 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5678 battles
  • [LEEDL]
If the team has a slow tank that has spawned near the city, and the rest of the team is mediums and lights, shouldn't the fast tanks support the slow one near town? If the enemies push city then the slower tank will be killed by them going up the hill from spawn. So the slow tank will either die going to the hill or die in the city, that's why I think sometimes it is reasonable to go town. Whenever my team has a t95 that spawns by the city, we always go city because we recognize that it would never make it up the hill. I usually win when supporting tanks in the town.

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:01 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 19997 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Posttiger_strike_23, on 14 May 2018 - 11:58 AM, said:

If the team has a slow tank that has spawned near the city, and the rest of the team is mediums and lights, shouldn't the fast tanks support the slow one near town?

Probably not - high ground, when taken and held - is almost always an advantage.

If the enemies push city then the slower tank will be killed by them going up the hill from spawn. So the slow tank will either die going to the hill or die in the city, that's why I think sometimes it is reasonable to go town. Whenever my team has a t95 that spawns by the city, we always go city because we recognize that it would never make it up the hill.

I usually win when supporting tanks in the town.

I do not believe that you "usually win when supporting tanks in the town".

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

WMd76 #3 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:02 PM

Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

• Players
  • 35753 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Then that slow tank should go hill imo. Its the price you pay fot playing slow tanks

3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)

gsauce1 #4 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33884 battles
  • [STORM]
In public matches, go hill.  It rarely works going town unless the team is smart and organized enough to cap and bait.

ZebraUp #5 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:12 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11671 battles
  • [_UF_]

At Middleburg in an encounter battle always go Up! If you're in a slow tank by the time you get up there you will have had plenty of time to see what is going on and how you can best contribute to your team. If you're worried about getting shot in the butt on your slow way up, don't be! Their heavies won't just rush through town to shoot you in the rear.. they're slow too! And their lights and mediums are already on the hill!!

If a unicum driving a T95 goes hill then you should too!

*The only time that doesn't hold true is in a Supremacy battle.. and even then only when your team outnumbers the reds in heavies and TDs by a significant amount.

Edited by ZebraUp, 14 May 2018 - 08:13 PM.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

cheasesteak #6 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17631 battles
  • [COD-R]

I'll just leave this here.

http://forum.wotblit...uide-middleburg

Short version, if you are playing encounter, always up the hill.  If you say you are too slow to go hill, you are certainly too slow to drive through the town, and then up the hill.  Because hill is where the good players will be. 

Edited by cheasesteak, 14 May 2018 - 08:16 PM.

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

ahredstealth #7 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:18 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 18366 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Posttiger_strike_23, on 14 May 2018 - 01:58 PM, said:

Whenever my team has a t95 that spawns by the city, we always go city because we recognize that it would never make it up the hill. I usually win when supporting tanks in the town.

99% of the people who drive a T95 are doing it because they're not the brightest bulb in the barrel.

The other 1% are masochists who don't want help going town anyway.

100% of the people who drive a T95 know they will be left behind because they know they are driving a T95.  If they didn't want to get left behind, their only option would be to platoon with another T95. 

:Shudders:

Dear Naps,

I'm sorry I was mean to you in Kindergarten.
Sincerely Sorry,
ahredstealth

Dan_Deerso #8 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:20 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 18736 battles
  • [MOMS]

We quite literally make jokes here about people that go town on Middleburg Encounter. Let's just say it doesn't reflect well on the intelligence of those people.

You're trading elevation for buildings, but the elevation negates most of your armor angling and you can't hide your hull. You can't sidescrape, they can just shoot into your engine deck. You have no advantages except the cap, and typically when you try to push the hill, you have to do so in an open field against 4 or 5 hulldown red tanks. The cap circle let's you try to lure the reds in, but one or two smart reds get angles and you're toast because there's no cover whatsoever in the cap circle except for a corner of a building on one side. 

From my experience, when both teams go hill it's usually about even odds, but when one team goes town and the other goes hill, it doesn't end well for the town people.

ZebraUp #9 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11671 battles
  • [_UF_]

View Postcheasesteak, on 14 May 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

I'll just leave this here.

http://forum.wotblit...uide-middleburg

Short version, if you are playing encounter, always up the hill.  If you say you are too slow to go hill, you are certainly too slow to drive through the town, and then up the hill.  Because hill is where the good players will be. 

That thread should be pinned and every newer player should have to read it before ever seeing the Middleburg map lol!

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

Whiskey_Upsurge #10 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:31 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28165 battles
  • [SPUDX]

The only time I dont' want to go hill, is if the greens have a lot of slow heavies while the reds have a lot of fast lights and mediums. 

Otherwise, always hill. I even prefer hill for supremacy battles, I find that taking control of the C cap is stable for the rest of the match. A or B can change hands easily, but for the enemy to climb the hill to retake C, rarely happens.

Inspiration for WriterDude's forum Signature is my single greatest accomplishment since starting to play Blitz! 

Absolute_Sniper #11 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21706 battles
  • [CRU3L]

WipWapJaws #12 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:45 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 36438 battles
  • [WKD]

Well OP I guess that if fairly definitive.  Never go town!

when it does work going town that 1 in 100 time it actually works is probably because the reds are more stupid than ur team and it’s a complete fluke that u won

olddatsunfan #13 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31946 battles
  • [-CFR-]
I played on middleburg this morning with my Sherman V as low tier for it's birthday.  The red team had 4 medium and lights, we had a AC-4 and myself.  Our entire team went town and I joined them, but, our AC-4 went hill alone and got killed quickly.  Red came down after us and got knocked down to a last VK28.01 which managed to kill off 2 of of 4 of us before we killed him.  It's situational, in general, if the team will co operate, it's MUCH better to go hill, if not, play the town cautiously and hope red comes down after you.

Edited by olddatsunfan, 14 May 2018 - 08:51 PM.

BobboEvans #14 Posted 14 May 2018 - 08:55 PM

The Society is Real

• Players
  • 39415 battles
Thank you for bringing this to the forum.  I can tell you from experience that NO tank is too slow to go hill on Middleberg.  NONE.  The key is to know you are going hill and as soon as the clock hits ‘battle’ GO.  I can count the number of times in thousands of games on Middleberg where I got caught going up on one hand.  That was only in the stock T28 Prot.  I am one of those players that believes the hill is the ONLY strategy on Middleberg for the following reasons:

1) The hill offers hull down positions.  Town only offers sidescraping.  Hull down > Sidescraping.

2) When all goes badly, I’d rather be 1 v many and control the hill than 1 v many and control the town.

3) There’s only one spot on the cap that can’t be reset from the hill.  If you don’t panic, you can gain the game advantage before you have to worry about a cap reset.  Even then, you only need one to go and reset and that gives more time to skew the battle from a superior position.

I don’t leave the hill until my team has a 2 tank advantage.  Many players rush up the hill and right back down if red went town.  Why?  Just be patient.  People want to look up.  Just wait for them and shoot them From above on all that weak armor when they do.

Just say 'NO' to Vanity

Whiskey_Upsurge #15 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28165 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View PostBobboEvans, on 14 May 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

I don’t leave the hill until my team has a 2 tank advantage. Many players rush up the hill and right back down if red went town. Why? Just be patient.

+1

Inspiration for WriterDude's forum Signature is my single greatest accomplishment since starting to play Blitz! 

flexsphincter2 #16 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:38 PM

Private

• Players
  • 1455 battles
  • [750H]
idont get why no one mentions to push the slower tank up the hill.if I play a heavy or sometimes depending on teams make up a medium he get a push and I get a shield, and I get a "team player"  usually.lol . help get that slow fk up the hill for the win

cheasesteak #17 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17631 battles
  • [COD-R]

View Postflexsphincter2, on 14 May 2018 - 09:38 PM, said:

idont get why no one mentions to push the slower tank up the hill.if I play a heavy or sometimes depending on teams make up a medium he get a push and I get a shield, and I get a "team player"  usually.lol . help get that slow fk up the hill for the win

​Pushing doesn't work well in most situations.  It is generally better to let the faster tanks get up the hill to start fighting than to delay helping the slower tanks. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

Dan_Deerso #18 Posted 14 May 2018 - 09:53 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 18736 battles
  • [MOMS]

View Postflexsphincter2, on 14 May 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

The only thing you're gonna end up doing by pushing a tank up the hill is slowing down a medium tank that could otherwise be taking a defensive position or spotting in order to get a heavy there about 5 seconds quicker.

tiger_strike_23 #19 Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:00 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5678 battles
  • [LEEDL]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 14 May 2018 - 08:20 PM, said:

We quite literally make jokes here about people that go town on Middleburg Encounter. Let's just say it doesn't reflect well on the intelligence of those people.

You're trading elevation for buildings, but the elevation negates most of your armor angling and you can't hide your hull. You can't sidescrape, they can just shoot into your engine deck. You have no advantages except the cap, and typically when you try to push the hill, you have to do so in an open field against 4 or 5 hulldown red tanks. The cap circle let's you try to lure the reds in, but one or two smart reds get angles and you're toast because there's no cover whatsoever in the cap circle except for a corner of a building on one side. 

From my experience, when both teams go hill it's usually about even odds, but when one team goes town and the other goes hill, it doesn't end well for the town people.

I prefer to go to the city in my heavies and td's because of limited gun depression, and the team can bait people to rush down the hill to the town. I go hill in mediums because I just cant fight in the city without hull down positions. It depends on what type of tank i'm in, but if the whole team goes town and plays it right you can win easily

Negaclaw #20 Posted 14 May 2018 - 10:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8224 battles
  • [UNI0N]

View Posttiger_strike_23, on 14 May 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

but if the whole team goes town and plays it right you can win easily

If the enemy team has at least 6 brain cells combined then you lose easily

shoot ur skeet and hit that yeet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users