St. Emil help me pls

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

DmitriTheDragon #1 Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1944 battles
  • [DMONS]

This tank is literally the bane to my existence...I really try in this thing...

My avg damage in it is 1030.Its a one-trick pony,I only need 28k more exp for Borsig but by then this thing would’ve spent enough time with my winrate to send it down to early 50’s..

I know I’m doing something wrong,can someone help me?

SAsk8er #2 Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30609 battles
  • [FOE]

IMO, with only 1400+ battles you are playing way over your head since your crew skills are lacking.

Use your gun depression, stay in cover, and follow behind the pack which should be easy considering how slow it is. 

If you aren't reloading, aiming or shooting...you probably need to MOVE!!

WMd76 #3 Posted 15 May 2018 - 01:24 PM

Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

• Players
  • 35922 battles
  • [CRUEL]
Dont play the tank. Theres your help

3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)

Chariot_Solace #4 Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:15 PM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 26105 battles
  • [IRD]
Use your -15 degrees of gun depression as much as possible. Mobility sucks so choose your positions wisely.

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus, Grille. Lines I'm Grinding: IS7(IX), STB-1(VIII), AMX50B(IX), 121(VIII), 113(VIII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To, Chi-Nu, LeKPz M41 90mm, AMX 50-100, Sturer Emil, Pz Sfl IV C, Type 58, Panzer IV Anko, Nashorn, BT-SV, Panzerjager I, chIS-2

Dan_Deerso #5 Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:36 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 19276 battles
  • [MOMS]

Use the gun depression. All of it. Every game.

If you aren't on a greater than 10 degree slope at all times, you're doing it wrong. Depressing the gun allows you to hide most of the hull, and from the front you become the smallest target at the tier. The gun is amazing too, feel free to rain down 65mm penetration HE shells on a solid most of the mediums and lights it faces, while the 235mm AP rounds shred your enemies with 460 damage a pop.

I finished the grind in 60 games, and actually enjoyed the tank. I don't understand all the hate for it, as while it has no armor and it's a big HE target, the gun more than makes up for it.

a_cookie #6 Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8786 battles
  • [MAHOU]
It has so much gun depression because it wishes to be a good tank all day, make its dream come true with its severe depression, or let it kill itself

Junko tank

The updated-updated story of a_cookie

Play the single word game here

Official Grammar Nazi, here to help!

He still owes me 100 warchests    B1, The destroyer of worlds  T-10M, The destroyer of universes  Chen shall rise again  Junko tank is best tank

_Duncan_Idaho_ #7 Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:15 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32320 battles
  • [DUNE_]
Gun depression and reliable pen are the strengths. You need to know the maps and be able to predict what your team will do and what the reds will do based on the players and the team composition. You don't hav the mobility to correct for mistakes or the armor to protect you if you over expose. It is a very difficult tank to play as new-ish player. Your choice is to let the tank teach you how to be extremely careful while still engaging, or to hold off and build up your crew skills with more forgiving lines. . . Try heavies and meds. If you must do TDs, then the other german line is a lot easier and so are the American turreted TDs and the Russian 268 line. . . but really, you need to max out that camo crew skill before you can be effective in the Emil. . . . also, note that the Borsig was nerfed, the Waffle is a whole new level of difficult (but rewarding once you get it) and the Grill looks fantastic only cause really good players are driving it.

Dan_Deerso #8 Posted 15 May 2018 - 06:17 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 19276 battles
  • [MOMS]

View Post_Duncan_Idaho_, on 15 May 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

Gun depression and reliable pen are the strengths. You need to know the maps and be able to predict what your team will do and what the reds will do based on the players and the team composition. You don't hav the mobility to correct for mistakes or the armor to protect you if you over expose. It is a very difficult tank to play as new-ish player. Your choice is to let the tank teach you how to be extremely careful while still engaging, or to hold off and build up your crew skills with more forgiving lines. . . Try heavies and meds. If you must do TDs, then the other german line is a lot easier and so are the American turreted TDs and the Russian 268 line. . . but really, you need to max out that camo crew skill before you can be effective in the Emil. . . . also, note that the Borsig was nerfed, the Waffle is a whole new level of difficult (but rewarding once you get it) and the Grill looks fantastic only cause really good players are driving it.

They rebuffed the Borsig.

DmitriTheDragon #9 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1944 battles
  • [DMONS]

View PostSAsk8er, on 15 May 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

IMO, with only 1400+ battles you are playing way over your head since your crew skills are lacking.

Use your gun depression, stay in cover, and follow behind the pack which should be easy considering how slow it is. 

yep but I’m still doing better than 3/4 of the teammates out there so I think I’m fine

DmitriTheDragon #10 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1944 battles
  • [DMONS]

View Post_Duncan_Idaho_, on 15 May 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

I’ll take your advice..I’m stopping at tier 8 the going down the American heavies!Thanks a lot man

_Duncan_Idaho_ #11 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32320 battles
  • [DUNE_]

View PostDmitriTheDragon, on 15 May 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

I’ll take your advice..I’m stopping at tier 8 the going down the American heavies!Thanks a lot man

The American heavies are solid but different by tiers:

T1 Heavy, M6 and the premium ducks - face the enemy. be hull down or hide behind short obstacles in these tall tanks. don't push too far, once someone can see your sides, your hp will drain quickly. that said the M6 is my go to tank for quickly completing a mastery mission.

T29 (and t34 premium) is a hull down monster, but the hull is weak and the turret has a hatch that accurate guns can pen - actually got hatch-hit by an Emil yesterday. . . so keep moving, even a little is fine, to protect the hatch.

T32 has a bit stronger hull so you can be more aggressive, and it has a rock solid turret.

M103 & e5- Major change - do not play these like the T32. Your turret is vulnerable. You need to move constantly to allow your curvy armor to bounce shots. While the T32 is well armored, the M103 is well armed. The advantage of this tank is its flexibility to help out as needed. The e5 has more solid armor and is reliable hull down, though only the T32 has a turret that it impenetrable all the way around. . . that's why its nicknamed the "cement head". The M103 and e5 are heaviums. Their armor is sometimes reliable, their mobility is mostly good, but they don't have excellence in either so you have to rely on smart play, hull down, and working with teammates to hold the line.

Of them all, the T29 has the highest average win rate on blitzstars. That is a sign that the tank is solid. It is strong enough to do well if you don' know what your are doing, but also has weaknesses that good skills can compensate for and result in improved success.

DmitriTheDragon #12 Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1944 battles
  • [DMONS]

View Post_Duncan_Idaho_, on 15 May 2018 - 08:42 PM, said:

The American heavies are solid but different by tiers:

T1 Heavy, M6 and the premium ducks - face the enemy. be hull down or hide behind short obstacles in these tall tanks. don't push too far, once someone can see your sides, your hp will drain quickly. that said the M6 is my go to tank for quickly completing a mastery mission.

T29 (and t34 premium) is a hull down monster, but the hull is weak and the turret has a hatch that accurate guns can pen - actually got hatch-hit by an Emil yesterday. . . so keep moving, even a little is fine, to protect the hatch.

T32 has a bit stronger hull so you can be more aggressive, and it has a rock solid turret.

M103 & e5- Major change - do not play these like the T32. Your turret is vulnerable. You need to move constantly to allow your curvy armor to bounce shots. While the T32 is well armored, the M103 is well armed. The advantage of this tank is its flexibility to help out as needed. The e5 has more solid armor and is reliable hull down, though only the T32 has a turret that it impenetrable all the way around. . . that's why its nicknamed the "cement head". The M103 and e5 are heaviums. Their armor is sometimes reliable, their mobility is mostly good, but they don't have excellence in either so you have to rely on smart play, hull down, and working with teammates to hold the line.

Of them all, the T29 has the highest average win rate on blitzstars. That is a sign that the tank is solid. It is strong enough to do well if you don' know what your are doing, but also has weaknesses that good skills can compensate for and result in improved success.

Thanks for the extra advice man!I have the premium M6 so I have a idea what’s it’s going to be like..I have 1400 avg damage in it so I guess I’ll be able to hold on.

BobboEvans #13 Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:01 PM

The Society is Real

• Players
  • 39793 battles
I didn’t think this line was worth playing so I quit.  Did something change?

Just say 'NO' to Vanity

TheMainframe #14 Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:35 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6586 battles
  • [ENDDZ]
The St. Emil is my favorite tank and is what grew my love for non-turreted TDs. The gun absolutely sings! Not everyone's cuppa tea, but can definitely be effective if given the chance to.

I love the ones that need it most.

Revenge_of_Peppa_the_pig #15 Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:57 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19903 battles
  • [DMONS]

View PostDmitriTheDragon, on 15 May 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

This tank is literally the bane to my existence...I really try in this thing...

My avg damage in it is 1030.Its a one-trick pony,I only need 28k more exp for Borsig but by then this thing would’ve spent enough time with my winrate to send it down to early 50’s..

I know I’m doing something wrong,can someone help me?

​just forget that line

borsig - nerfed to boot . and today only shade of former fun

wtpz4 - literally emil ^2 . most part of your existence . you will struggle with aim angles

grille - after nerf is officially dead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users