Ipad play help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

JohnnyWP55 #1 Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29 battles

I play on a newer ipad, gameplay works just fine. My problem is steering/moving, doesn’t seem real accurate for me, of course skill in this is the main problem. I’ve played blitz on PC/ Win10, no problems, I can manuver with a mouse, keypad just fine. 

Any tips on using the ipad. 

Ive had ioads for years and play many other games successfully, no problem.

Thanks

Dado_1968 #2 Posted 15 May 2018 - 02:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26731 battles
  • [MOMS]
You may want to go into settings and resize or relocate your virtual joystick to where it feels natural for you to play.  With no tactile feedback, it’s a little more challenging for me than playing with a real joystick or game controller.  Even then, sometimes my tank seems unresponsive and it’s just because my thumb has slid off the virtual joystick.  Hope this helps.

"I won't go and complain to the chemistry." - Costa

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

reluctanttheist #3 Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:40 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 22402 battles
  • [III-H]
Settings on joystick size and sensitivity are critical.  I set sensitivity to 150% and size to 90% IIRC.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

PanzertroopenVT #4 Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9295 battles
  • [PRDE]

View PostDado_1968, on 15 May 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

You may want to go into settings and resize or relocate your virtual joystick to where it feels natural for you to play.  With no tactile feedback, it’s a little more challenging for me than playing with a real joystick or game controller.  Even then, sometimes my tank seems unresponsive and it’s just because my thumb has slid off the virtual joystick.  Hope this helps.

HELPFUL DUDE RIGHT HERE!

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm"

Hey you—yes you, with all that moist, succulent meat in your mouth. Give all of it to me. Immediately. No? Well, here’s the thing—if you don’t, I’ll be forced to activate my black-hole-strength succ and literally slurp your mouth empty of moist, succulent meat via the Fastest Succ in the West, i.e. my succ. Because you see, oral hoarder of moist and succulent meat, I’ve personally contacted our resident Mok and he’s declared that “your” moist, succulent meat is mine!

And you don’t want to tango with my succ, sonny; my succ is the Harbinger of Death, and I can personally assure you of your poor mouth’s utter incapability to defend against the raging typhoon known as Urgle’s Mighty Succ; oh yes....furiously does the oral wind blow, and soon...that meat in your mouth will fly to its rightful residence in the cavernous expanse of my succ-giving orifice.

1. I bow to the elephant-faced deity (Ganesh) who is capable of removing all obstacles. I pray for blessings and protection.

BorisBaddenov #5 Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:42 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 21539 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostDado_1968, on 15 May 2018 - 06:59 AM, said:

I think it is 9-Volt who suggests that you go to an office supply store - and buy those little sticky 'rings' that we put on paper - so they don't tear out of a 3-ring binder.   

Put one of those rings on your iPad screen - then your thumb can 'feel' where the joystick is.

Edited by BorisBaddenov, 15 May 2018 - 04:43 PM.

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

PanzertroopenVT #6 Posted 15 May 2018 - 04:44 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9295 battles
  • [PRDE]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 15 May 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

I think it is 9-Volt who suggests that you go to an office supply store - and buy those little sticky 'rings' that we put on paper - so they don't tear out of a 3-ring binder.   

Put one of those rings on your iPad screen - then your thumb can 'feel' where the joystick is.

I squeeze a bud between my fingers and thumb, makes it sticky for play

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm"

Hey you—yes you, with all that moist, succulent meat in your mouth. Give all of it to me. Immediately. No? Well, here’s the thing—if you don’t, I’ll be forced to activate my black-hole-strength succ and literally slurp your mouth empty of moist, succulent meat via the Fastest Succ in the West, i.e. my succ. Because you see, oral hoarder of moist and succulent meat, I’ve personally contacted our resident Mok and he’s declared that “your” moist, succulent meat is mine!

And you don’t want to tango with my succ, sonny; my succ is the Harbinger of Death, and I can personally assure you of your poor mouth’s utter incapability to defend against the raging typhoon known as Urgle’s Mighty Succ; oh yes....furiously does the oral wind blow, and soon...that meat in your mouth will fly to its rightful residence in the cavernous expanse of my succ-giving orifice.

1. I bow to the elephant-faced deity (Ganesh) who is capable of removing all obstacles. I pray for blessings and protection.

XTREMEgecko79 #7 Posted 15 May 2018 - 05:35 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8716 battles
  • [-VB-]
I would try a few low tier battles and mess around with the controls, sensitivity, etc until you get used to what you like. Good luck!

A little bird once told me how to gain credits fast: "Club the seals and sell the fur and hide." 

Dado_1968 #8 Posted 15 May 2018 - 07:00 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 26731 battles
  • [MOMS]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 15 May 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

Put one of those rings on your iPad screen - then  thumb can 'feel' where the joystick is.

Those are also known as paper a—holes.

Edited by Dado_1968, 15 May 2018 - 07:02 PM.

"I won't go and complain to the chemistry." - Costa

http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1

JohnnyWP55 #9 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29 battles
Thanks all for help. I enlarged my joystick size and adjusted sensitivity. That does make a difference. I actually won a Master Gunner badge. I’ll keep practicing. Thank again!

JohnnyWP55 #10 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29 battles
Now to get the darn sound to work.....

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users