How about some fresh historical(ish) Camouflages?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: How about some fresh historical(ish) Camouflages? (51 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Which camouflage looks better?

1. The M4A3E8 "Shrieking" (31 votes [60.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.78%

2. The M4A3E8 "Fury" (20 votes [39.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.22%

Would you like to see other historical tanks' camouflages added, like the M4A3E2 "Cobra King" or the M4A1(76) "In the Mood"?

1. Yes (47 votes [92.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 92.16%

2. No (4 votes [7.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

Should some of these camouflages be tied to a number of medals associated with those tanks, i.e. 50 Pool's medals unlocks the "In the Mood" camo?

1. Yes, this is a good idea (39 votes [76.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.47%

2. No, they should be event-based (4 votes [7.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

3. No, they should be gold-cost only (6 votes [11.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

4. Camouflages are stupid (2 votes [3.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.92%

Vote Hide poll

Dan_Deerso #1 Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:15 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 20230 battles
  • [MOMS]

I'm a fan of the playstyle of the Sherman E8, but I want to look stylish on the field. I've got both the Fury tank and the Shrieking camouflage, and they both look (relatively) good. I prefer the Shrieking, personally, I think it looks a bit better.

Spoiler

Now, I like both of these camos because they're actually historically plausible, even if they weren't actually used (I found some pictures of a Sherman painted like the Shrieking, though). Fury being WW2-style camo, Shrieking being Korea-style camo. I'd love to see some more, like maybe:

The M4A1(76) "In The Mood" commanded by the legendary American tank ace Lafayette G. Pool, accredited with 12 confirmed tank kills and 258 total armoured vehicle and self-propelled gun kills (thanks for the numbers, Wikipedia).

The M4A3E2 Sherman "Cobra King", known as the first tank to bust through enemy lines in Bastogne and recently had a museum built around it.

Basically, I'd love to see some more historical or closely mimicking historical camouflages for our tanks. It doesn't have to be US tanks, either, I'm just focusing on those because of this being the NA server.

What would be even more neat would be if historical camouflages like the "In the Mood" camo unlocked after a certain number of "Pool's" medals (maybe 50?). So basically, once you hit a special number of a certain medal, the camouflage and name of the tank/commander it was named after or related to would be unlocked, maybe with some sort of identifying insignia. Radley-Walter's camo for the Sherman Firefly might have a maple leaf on the tank or some other symbolism, the Char B1 "Eure" for Billotte's medal, a "Kyllikki"-themed StuG III camouflage for Halonen's Medals, the Jumbo "Cobra King" for a couple Hunter medals, a "Thunderbolt" camouflage for Abrams 1st Class, etc.

What do you think of that idea? What camouflages would you like to see in the game? What "named" tanks and their stories send a tingle down your spine?

__Crusader6__ #2 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:31 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 52441 battles
  • [III]
That would be awesome.  

Tank Hoarder: 335 tanks in Garage:  338/338 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

WANTED: Less IS Spam, I hate ISHoles 

NoobieDude #3 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3011 battles
  • [CYRUS]
all tank lines...yes this would be super!

tedg5 #4 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:54 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 41213 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Great idea, would bring some fresh excitement into the game. Could also make them Come from a mission like where when you get the verdun camo. :great:

__Crusader6__ #5 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:55 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 52441 battles
  • [III]

Just American tanks.  

Because ‘Merica

Tank Hoarder: 335 tanks in Garage:  338/338 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

xXZachAttackXx_EOG #6 Posted 16 May 2018 - 11:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20005 battles
  • [RM-]
Like the idea of having some camos locked behind skill based play would be good but not too many because not all players are good enough to get them and say team pools medal thing could be a bit too rng based for how often you can have your last kill stolen. It's the same really for having it locked behind hard medals. Still like it tho.

I'm good at this game I promise

Dark_Magician_Girl #7 Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:03 AM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 25810 battles
  • [_STR8]
But I like my crayon vomit camos?

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

gordonchau #8 Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:04 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6783 battles
  • [SLAPP]
Having legendary camo locked behind a skill wall would be good, but you shouldn't lock it behind a specific medal, ie 50 pools. It should be get a mastery and 10 radley, pools or heros

http://www.blitzstar.../1004189253.png

"60% players don't exist without 40% players"

RoadKutter #9 Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:41 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 29541 battles
  • [III-H]
And a camo for the Firefly with the tracks on the hull and a fake muzzle break!

One day Canada will take over the World. And then you will all be Sorry!    

Jonny_applesauce #10 Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:46 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5362 battles

View PostDark_Magician_Girl, on 17 May 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

But I like my crayon vomit camos?

what do you even mean?

of course painting a tank neon orange or electric blue is the best way to hide it.

helps you blend in

you know. yeah

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

Chariot_Solace #11 Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:17 AM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 27675 battles
  • [_STR8]
I’m always down for more historical camos. They just add to the enhancement of the game and I’m big on aesthetics. I think there should be 1-2 more standard camo options for each slot for each nation as well. Summer, winter, and Desert. They have some great ones from PC they could just import with very little effort. The current German Summer camos are terrible. Stripes. Or squiggly stripes. PC has much better options, and for all nations. And there are TONS of real photos out there with cool patterns they could use for inspiration. Not to mention the absence of Hinterhalt-Tarnung in a WWII tank game is just ridiculous. National emblems are also a highly requested addition that would enhance the gaming experience greatly. I made a thread on this way back because I’ve always thought the game was lacking in this area. http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/73029-why-cant-blitz-camos-look-like-this/

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus, Grille. Lines I'm Grinding: IS7(IX), STB-1(VIII), AMX50B(IX), 121(VIII), 113(VIII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To, Chi-Nu, LeKPz M41 90mm, AMX 50-100, Sturer Emil, Pz Sfl IV C, Type 58, Panzer IV Anko, Nashorn, BT-SV, Panzerjager I, chIS-2, WZ-110, Type T-34, T-34-1, BDR G1B, Sherman V

ABN_TNKR #12 Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:22 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25578 battles
  • [-DCR-]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 16 May 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

I'm a fan of the playstyle of the Sherman E8, but I want to look stylish on the field. I've got both the Fury tank and the Shrieking camouflage, and they both look (relatively) good. I prefer the Shrieking, personally, I think it looks a bit better.

Spoiler

Now, I like both of these camos because they're actually historically plausible, even if they weren't actually used (I found some pictures of a Sherman painted like the Shrieking, though). Fury being WW2-style camo, Shrieking being Korea-style camo. I'd love to see some more, like maybe:

The M4A1(76) "In The Mood" commanded by the legendary American tank ace Lafayette G. Pool, accredited with 12 confirmed tank kills and 258 total armoured vehicle and self-propelled gun kills (thanks for the numbers, Wikipedia).

The M4A3E2 Sherman "Cobra King", known as the first tank to bust through enemy lines in Bastogne and recently had a museum built around it.

Basically, I'd love to see some more historical or closely mimicking historical camouflages for our tanks. It doesn't have to be US tanks, either, I'm just focusing on those because of this being the NA server.

What would be even more neat would be if historical camouflages like the "In the Mood" camo unlocked after a certain number of "Pool's" medals (maybe 50?). So basically, once you hit a special number of a certain medal, the camouflage and name of the tank/commander it was named after or related to would be unlocked, maybe with some sort of identifying insignia. Radley-Walter's camo for the Sherman Firefly might have a maple leaf on the tank or some other symbolism, the Char B1 "Eure" for Billotte's medal, a "Kyllikki"-themed StuG III camouflage for Halonen's Medals, the Jumbo "Cobra King" for a couple Hunter medals, a "Thunderbolt" camouflage for Abrams 1st Class, etc.

What do you think of that idea? What camouflages would you like to see in the game? What "named" tanks and their stories send a tingle down your spine?

I have seen cobra king with my own eyes, coolest piece of history for any real Tanker to be able to see.! I have a picture on my phone somewhere.... But yes I do dig the more historical paint jobs.

Edited by ABN_TNKR, 17 May 2018 - 02:24 AM.

“A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.”

GEN Patton

Immel_man #13 Posted 17 May 2018 - 02:27 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35608 battles
  • [DKTM]
Yes yes yes. The Germans had such cool camouflage schemes, it’s a travesty that war gaming hasn’t added them. The ambush schemes in particular are some of my favorites.

blindsniper74 #14 Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:02 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 39166 battles
  • [III]
Good idea Dan

SanguinaryDan #15 Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:51 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14546 battles
  • [2PINT]

I would happily spend hours of in game time or real cash money for proper historical type camouflage. It’s the thing that I most envy about the “big” game. 

But it I would hate to see it restricted to Unicorns or people who have just been playing forever and have built up silly numbers of a given medal. As a newer player I would have sold my soul to have had D-Day type camo on my Sherman or that ambush pattern on my StuG. And realistically the tanks that have an actual historical photographic record are at the lower middle Tiers. Not generally the playground of people who have 50+ Pool’s in their pockets.

We are drawn to this game because of the historical tanks. I’d imagine 99% of us never heard of a single one of the drawing board tanks that fill so much of the Tech Trees. So the historical style camo really needs to be readily accessible, not a prize for the elite. 

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

otis1971 #16 Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:41 PM

Sir Skrub-A-Lot

• Players
  • 20019 battles
  • [III-P]

I'd love if this idea would be implemented.  Since we're talking about WG, they would probably make it either a convoluted event with 5 tracks requiring top damage, pins from crates, and the sacrifice of a cat by the light of the full moon on June 21st.  (Otis, the moon won't be full on the 21st of June).  I know.  You're hosed.

The other option would be a loot crate where you have a .05% chance of getting a 3.2% chance of getting a bigger crate in a 5 track event which would circumvent the lack of a full moon on the 21st.  

Or just spend $250.00 for 3 camo schemes and they'll throw in a tier 4 sentinel.  

Blartch #17 Posted 17 May 2018 - 01:51 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 52470 battles
  • [SPUD]
Another fabulous idea from the community for WG to completely ignore

Ookla_the_Mok #18 Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 26991 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Tank history is an aspect that could be utilized more in this game. WG has embraced anime and other typical gaming stuff, yet the historical nature of many of the tanks could add a new layer to the game and satisfy many of the players that are here at least partially because of an interest in military history.

I always thought historical battles in special events were  something to get excited about, but that aint happening.

For the camos, and I fully support more camos with historical linkages, I don't think you are going to get WG to implement them as a free reward. Legendary camos are a revenue stream considering they are akin to ten bucks at tier 10, so camo has to support WG financially in one way or another.

My approach would be to have an "unlock" phase and a "purchase" phase.

Lets take the Panther I as an example. The camo becomes unlocked when the player satisfies 3/4 of these objectives: win 100 games, get a Mastery, Earn an epic medal, research all modules. Throwing out these parameters, but you get the idea.

The camo can then be purchased for a small amount of gold, lets say 200-300. If the camo is going to be of good quality (unlike the IS-6 camo) and be tailored to the tank, the developer time has to generate even small levels of revenue back.

This system could reinvigorate the idea of revisiting old tanks, provide variety, and be one more way to highlight the historical tanks as opposed to the Lupus or whatever.

[BRSKT] wants to put moist, succulent meat in your mouth.

__Crusader6__ #19 Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:15 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 52441 battles
  • [III]
WG just do it and take my $

__Boomer2__ #20 Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:33 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15113 battles
  • [501RV]

50 Poole's Medals?  Holy hell.  I've been playing for 3 years and I only have 16 Poole's in all my tanks combined.  5 Poole's would be much more reasonable, though it would encourage plenty of kill stealing and virtually every M4 doing nothing until there's a nearly dead tank in front of him.

Otherwise, its a great idea.

Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4, T110E5, Maus

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

^YouTube Channel^

View PostASensationalAsian, on 27 July 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Anyone who drives a 183 please commit die.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users