Jump to content


Who hates boosters?


  • Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

PanzertroopenVT #21 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:11 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6976 battles
  • 1,269
  • Member since:
    07-12-2017

Idk about boosters, but cancer is a beotch


Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm") refers to a command within the Heer of the GermanWehrmacht, responsible for the affairs of panzer (tank) and motorized forces shortly before and during the Second World War

Mr_Mayhem71 #22 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:20 PM

    Meet Mr Mayhem

  • Players
  • 34396 battles
  • 511
  • [AAD]
  • Member since:
    01-16-2016

View PostFarmer_Ted, on 16 May 2018 - 09:55 PM, said:

Ok I've had it I've opened three contains one large, one med and three small and guess what? I've won more boosters that I never use. Can't we have an uprising to at least get rid of this so called a reward. I HATE boosters.

 

Why would you not use them?

I don’t think anybody actually buys boosters but just receives them from missions and containers.

I can see not using the crew xp boosters when golding crew but all others should be used to receive the benefits.


IHPBooD.gif
Working as intended 

NoobieDude #23 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:26 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2768 battles
  • 1,506
  • [CYRUS]
  • Member since:
    11-29-2017

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 17 May 2018 - 06:51 AM, said:

I was against boosters when introduced as the writing was on the wall about another currency in a game that has too many, that they would be fluff in bundles and events, that they would supplant other more direct rewards.

 

Once you accept their presence, boosters are quite useful if you take the time to use them appropriately. A bump to crew xp or module xp alleviates some frustration from grinds.

 

The Free XP boosters are far and away the best boosters and not coincidentally the most rare for me. This past weekend, as mentioned by others, was a bonanza for hoarding that sweet free xp.

 

The improvement I would welcome would be what I think should go hand in hand when introducing more currencies into a game - the ability to manage them and automate them. I would like to assign boosters to a tank and have them remain on that tank only until I remove them. Lets say I am grinding the E50 and want xp and crew boosters of midlevel for all games until elite. As it stands now, the boosters are active for all tanks or none and switching tanks means you can waste them. 

nice idea for the booster to stay on the one tank you're grinding.

View PostMr_Mayhem71, on 17 May 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

Why would you not use them?

I don’t think anybody actually buys boosters but just receives them from missions and containers.

I can see not using the crew xp boosters when golding crew but all others should be used to receive the benefits.

yeah MM totally on page here bro...and there fking free! why anyone complains about them is ludicrous



Godzillacus #24 Posted 17 May 2018 - 04:36 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 28515 battles
  • 317
  • [SAD21]
  • Member since:
    05-12-2016
I don't hate boosters, good stuff especially when free! What does bother me for some reason is that when you win a tournament you get 3 boosters as part of prize. Just seems to be small for winning out.

Fu_Manchu_ #25 Posted 17 May 2018 - 05:00 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6950 battles
  • 1,238
  • [STFU1]
  • Member since:
    10-03-2017

View PostBlartch, on 17 May 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

 

Days of golding crews are over... on the last line, I got the crew to 100% in the 113 (not an exceptional tank) in only 30ish games, mostly playing only on the multipliers.  It's not worth the expense any more.

 

I expect I will get sick of spending gold on it at some point too, but for now I'm okay with that expense (I also don't have the bitterness of being around for 3.8). But, I agree that crew can be trained quite quickly if you initially play the tank only with multipliers and with boosters.

 

 

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 17 May 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

I was against boosters when introduced as the writing was on the wall about another currency in a game that has too many, that they would be fluff in bundles and events, that they would supplant other more direct rewards.

 

Once you accept their presence, boosters are quite useful if you take the time to use them appropriately. A bump to crew xp or module xp alleviates some frustration from grinds.

 

The Free XP boosters are far and away the best boosters and not coincidentally the most rare for me. This past weekend, as mentioned by others, was a bonanza for hoarding that sweet free xp.

 

The improvement I would welcome would be what I think should go hand in hand when introducing more currencies into a game - the ability to manage them and automate them. I would like to assign boosters to a tank and have them remain on that tank only until I remove them. Lets say I am grinding the E50 and want xp and crew boosters of midlevel for all games until elite. As it stands now, the boosters are active for all tanks or none and switching tanks means you can waste them. 

 

I really like this idea. I was using combat XP boosters with multiplier battles this weekend on my T-44 and forgot a few times to take them off when switching to other tanks. It should be very easy for WG to implement a system where you can choose to equip a booster for a specific tank only or for all tanks.

 

I also tend to save my credit and spare part boosters for the highest tier tanks I'm playing at the time. It would be nice to be able to lock that in so I don't accidentally keep them installed when I drop to lower tiers.


One RNG to rule them all,

One RNG to find them;

One RNG to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

 


bg2b #26 Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:04 PM

    M4 Lifestyle

  • Players
  • 16145 battles
  • 1,868
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2015

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 17 May 2018 - 10:41 AM, said:

Agreed. I have a metric butt-load of crew xp boosters that I don't think I will ever use because I gold crews above tier 6 and it doesn't require very many crew xp boosters to get crews to 100% in tier 6 and lower. I would love to convert those to free XP boosters, which I am always running out of.

 

Use the excess crew XP ones during high-multiplier weekends for crew skills training.  A 5x plus a purple crew XP booster plus premium time can net you 10-20K crew XP from a good win.  50-100 games like that will take a skill from level 6 to 7, way faster than the normal grind.

MudkipAtWar #27 Posted 17 May 2018 - 06:06 PM

    T1 best heavy tank

  • Players
  • 14797 battles
  • 534
  • [FL-TH]
  • Member since:
    10-30-2015
I like them and i want more of them. Except the consumable ones. Those are useless

The ship is sinking

Time to find another boat

Rest in piece FLEET

 

                                                                                    

40_Percenter #28 Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:30 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21072 battles
  • 541
  • [CRUEL]
  • Member since:
    12-30-2016
Free XP boosters and combat cooldown boosters are awesome.  The rest?  Meh.
Nobody likes 40 Percenters.  

Fu_Manchu_ #29 Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:42 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6950 battles
  • 1,238
  • [STFU1]
  • Member since:
    10-03-2017

View Postbg2b, on 17 May 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

 

Use the excess crew XP ones during high-multiplier weekends for crew skills training.  A 5x plus a purple crew XP booster plus premium time can net you 10-20K crew XP from a good win.  50-100 games like that will take a skill from level 6 to 7, way faster than the normal grind.

 

I hadn't thought of that. I always assumed that they only worked for getting your crew to 100%. Thanks for the tip.

One RNG to rule them all,

One RNG to find them;

One RNG to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

 


minitel_NA #30 Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:45 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 451 battles
  • 2,972
  • [EUREF]
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015
What is a “booster” ?

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

 


Ericmopar #31 Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:59 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3203 battles
  • 1,984
  • Member since:
    04-10-2017

View PostMr_Mayhem71, on 17 May 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

Why would you not use them?

I don’t think anybody actually buys boosters but just receives them from missions and containers.

I can see not using the crew xp boosters when golding crew but all others should be used to receive the benefits.

 

I gold certain tanks, but at low tiers when starting a new line the boosters make life much easier.

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

 

 


__Boomer2__ #32 Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:15 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14550 battles
  • 1,788
  • [501RV]
  • Member since:
    01-03-2015
I can never get enough Free XP Boosters.  I use my Combat XP sparingly for tanks I really hate (like the VK 45.02 B).

Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4, T110E5

^YouTube Channel^


Sh4dowSt4lker #33 Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:17 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 25375 battles
  • 505
  • [IMPR]
  • Member since:
    03-07-2015
Latest x5 made me earn 100k free xp thanks to boosters. I have nothing to complain :P

<<<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->>>

Click the gif to learn how to buy Spare Parts with credits!!! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)   ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)   \_(ツ)_/¯ )  

>>>------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<<<


Grayghost2000 #34 Posted 18 May 2018 - 01:31 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16957 battles
  • 2,035
  • [MBTS]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

I hate boosters. Wargaming uses boosters to inflate the prices on bundles and tanks. Then wargaming acts like boosters are the best thing since sliced bread.

 

The only thing boosters do is boost the price on everything.



wannabeunicum #35 Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:22 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26205 battles
  • 5,394
  • Member since:
    10-25-2015

View Postbg2b, on 17 May 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

 

Use the excess crew XP ones during high-multiplier weekends for crew skills training.  A 5x plus a purple crew XP booster plus premium time can net you 10-20K crew XP from a good win.  50-100 games like that will take a skill from level 6 to 7, way faster than the normal grind.

 

purple should be saved for stock grinds. Blue is good for crew skill

Ericmopar #36 Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:35 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3203 battles
  • 1,984
  • Member since:
    04-10-2017

View PostGrayghost2000, on 17 May 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

I hate boosters. Wargaming uses boosters to inflate the prices on bundles and tanks. Then wargaming acts like boosters are the best thing since sliced bread.

 

The only thing boosters do is boost the price on everything.

 

Errrr, then why do they hand them out for free in large numbers?

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

 

 


richdubz #37 Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:29 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11020 battles
  • 546
  • [SEMPF]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2016
Why would anyone have not used their boosters during the recent 5X weekend?  That’s just nuts.  I used about two months worth of saved boosters in a single weekend while using a couple of 24-hour premium certificates, and I raked in the coin, XP and sparts like mad.  Loves me some boosters.

 


bg2b #38 Posted 18 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

    M4 Lifestyle

  • Players
  • 16145 battles
  • 1,868
  • [SPUD]
  • Member since:
    12-10-2015

View Postwannabeunicum, on 18 May 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

purple should be saved for stock grinds. Blue is good for crew skill

 

It depends.  I don't have time to play enormous numbers of games and I gold crews at tier 8 and sometimes even 7, so I usually have more boosters than I can use when I don't combine.  Even during the 5x weekend when I was making a concerted effort to collect multipliers and using only the biggest boosters, I still didn't manage to use up all the purple crew XP boosters that I had sitting around.



NoobieDude #39 Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:06 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2768 battles
  • 1,506
  • [CYRUS]
  • Member since:
    11-29-2017

View PostGrayghost2000, on 17 May 2018 - 05:31 PM, said:

I hate boosters. Wargaming uses boosters to inflate the prices on bundles and tanks. Then wargaming acts like boosters are the best thing since sliced bread.

 

The only thing boosters do is boost the price on everything.

 

wait...WHAT!? you can buy prem tanks with out boosters dude.




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users