Tier conditions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

tankist22 #1 Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:17 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33036 battles
  • [-VB-]

Seeing a player with less then 2K battles and 43% WR (so it's not a roll-over account for sure) making a wrong call and pulling half team prompts to ask for putting some conditions before players can reach tier IX or X. No matter how much an owner of this game wants more people to play it, this actually works against the game.

End.

If you don't know what to do, listen and follow.

Epic KV-2 Video! 50 Single Shot Full HP Kills | Tankist22 on YouTube

ABN_TNKR #2 Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25433 battles
  • [-DCR-]

View Posttankist22, on 17 May 2018 - 10:17 PM, said:

Seeing a player with less then 2K battles and 43% WR (so it's not a roll-over account for sure) making a wrong call and pulling half team prompts to ask for putting some conditions before players can reach tier IX or X. No matter how much an owner of this game wants more people to play it, this actually works against the game.

End.

One of your clanmates and I were talking about this tonight during our platoon, events always bring out the not so talented folks but this IS6 event has brought out more then I can bare to take anymore. Since the start of the event I went from last 30 and 60 days in unicom status to mediocre.....I guess more PUBG is warranted for a while....

Edited by ABN_TNKR, 18 May 2018 - 03:32 AM.

“A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.”

GEN Patton

I_Maverick_I #3 Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:32 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 16735 battles
Yes, that does happen occasionally. However, remember this: it happens to everyone else as well. It will happen to the reds, as well as everyone you will ever met in a public battle. We ALL have battles where some 40%er manages to convince the team to do something stupid. Thus, it is irrelevant to bring up. I realize this may have happened to you recently, id advise doing something calming or tiring, such as taking a run or just simply breathing in and out. Honestly, this 2 things can help me deal with my stress and frustration that results because of this game

Alpha998 #4 Posted 18 May 2018 - 05:48 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25261 battles
  • [501DV]

That's really great advice honestly. Or he could just rage like a banshee......:angry:​  Lol! With a lot of the veterans leaving or getting burned out, and new players still coming in I have thought a lot about the possibility of WG setting up parameters to qualify for higher tiers. Since this is too late to implement, it still could be used in a type of ratings battles. All it would take would be the most basic stuff, like a certain average dmg with the tank you are using before you can go to a higher tier like 9 or 10. Throw in a couple of other basic metrics and with the data WG has this would be easy to implement. And it wouldn't make everyone gravitate to 50% eventually, as many say a win rate based system supposedly would do. I don't believe this by the way. The best players will always rise to the top. They always find ways to adapt, overcome and win consistently whatever the system. Just use a couple basic metrics about a players efficiency in how they play at a certain tier. Make sure they are "somewhat" proficient and halfways coherent before they move up to the highest tiers. This would be much better than how ratings battles are now, the " you win you move up, you lose you go down." Too many people get carried to high ratings. Track how well you did on your losses too.  In the long run it would help ensure this game stays healthy and retains a high skill player base. 

Edited by Alpha998, 18 May 2018 - 05:55 AM.

scorpio3960 #5 Posted 18 May 2018 - 03:45 PM

Private

• Players
  • 21998 battles
  • [GLDG]
You should have at least a 48% winrate and 1000 average damage in order to play 9 and 10. If you can’t put in the time to learn a little about the game and get to that very average standard, then keep playing tier 8. 

NoobieDude #6 Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3011 battles
  • [CYRUS]

View Postscorpio3960, on 18 May 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

You should have at least a 48% winrate and 1000 average damage in order to play 9 and 10. If you can’t put in the time to learn a little about the game and get to that very average standard, then keep playing tier 8. 

tiers 7/10 need these perimeters.

to be honest.. the way the playerbase is right now. i will not spend another dime on this game.

i like wining. i work way to hard for wins most of the time. its totally ludicrous, its not a fun game anymore.

unfortunately it is addictive.

Edited by NoobieDude, 18 May 2018 - 05:02 PM.

Taikachanz #7 Posted 19 May 2018 - 01:50 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2078 battles
The best stats to use for this type of system would be Hit Ratio and DMG ratios.  These actually show the skill level of a player.  The HR tells us how good a player is at using the tools they have to target and hit an opponent and the DMG ratio tells use they know where to hit the target and what ammo to use in the event of failing to penetrate.  The later also shows knowledge of tank mechanics.  Use these to qualify tier advancement and the game would be more enjoyable.

Caspian_Sails #8 Posted 31 May 2018 - 07:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8106 battles
  • [1SAD3]

View PostTaikachanz, on 19 May 2018 - 01:50 PM, said:

The best stats to use for this type of system would be Hit Ratio and DMG ratios.  These actually show the skill level of a player.  The HR tells us how good a player is at using the tools they have to target and hit an opponent and the DMG ratio tells use they know where to hit the target and what ammo to use in the event of failing to penetrate.  The later also shows knowledge of tank mechanics.  Use these to qualify tier advancement and the game would be more enjoyable.

Agreed winrate can be an issue especially if you started out a real NUB with a hard head and it took you a while to figure the game out.  If you have a good hit rate and damage even with a mediocre win rate you could be a good player.  Also those who don't buy up their tanks and slug through will have a lower winrate and lower damage rate while they play to upgrade.  When I get bored I drop in my T46 and wreak havoc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users