Remove the Honor system

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Remove the Honor system (25 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you like to see the Honor System removed completely?

1. Yes, the system is completely broken and needs removed, too many false penalties (14 votes [56.00%])

Percentage of vote: 56.00%

2. No, the system is fine as is (4 votes [16.00%])

Percentage of vote: 16.00%

3. There needs to be an alternative to the honor system (1 vote [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

4. The honor system just needs adjusted (6 votes [24.00%])

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

5. WG needs a way to replay the battle once so many reports come in to review themselves (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

ilovezuma #1 Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11632 battles
  • [COD-R]
Honestly the honor system is broken, i've gotten so many penalties from petty people rallying "report this person" and i and everyone else are absolutely sick of it, its useful to an EXTREMELY MINOR point but overall its annoying most people want it removed, if you don't like a person you should be able to block them, if you block them you can no longer battle with them on your team its as simple as that! or if anything make them not show up in your battles at all! (with exception of rated battles)   its a way better solution to the horrible system there is now

Ookla_the_Mok #2 Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:19 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 25823 battles
  • [BRSKT]
Lol, blocking doesn't change the MM. You got dinged, do not understand how it works, yet assert that most people want it removed.

Player_5773117413 #3 Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:25 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 26473 battles
  • [IRD]
Even if we don't like it, you gotta admit that it has some appeal for a lot of the fools in the game. Just like why crate events are still around, the combined revenue (or lack of) from the forumers and handful of other players opposed fails to outweight the revenue from those drooling over such novelties.

The E-25, skill ceiling so high it's in the next tier (basically, it's OP when used to its max. potential)

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

"Say what you like, but stop pissing on my back and telling me it's raining." Blartch

"[This Quote Could Be Yours! Inquire today! Or any day, for that matter]" - [This Could Be You!]

ilovezuma #4 Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11632 battles
  • [COD-R]

i understand blocking doesn't change the matchmaking i mean it should just offer you the ability to block people and remove them from your matchmaking completely it would be a better alternative from making people get an hour penalty for  petty people

what if someone gets a penalty and they got like an hour to play for the whole day and get it on battle 1 and get screwed?  its an unfair system heck ive even gotten a penalty while on premium time and it was [edited]and i made WG compensate me for it (they gave me 24 hours premium for 1 hour lost on a 9 hour certificate i do appreciate)

Ookla_the_Mok #5 Posted 20 May 2018 - 01:37 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 25823 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View Postilovezuma, on 19 May 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

i understand blocking doesn't change the matchmaking i mean it should just offer you the ability to block people and remove them from your matchmaking completely it would be a better alternative from making people get an hour penalty for  petty people

what if someone gets a penalty and they got like an hour to play for the whole day and get it on battle 1 and get screwed?  its an unfair system heck ive even gotten a penalty while on premium time and it was [edited]and i made WG compensate me for it (they gave me 24 hours premium for 1 hour lost on a 9 hour certificate i do appreciate)

Gotcha, I isunderstood that you are actually WANTING MM to be changed by blocking. Blocking currently blocks chat so lets go through the scenario where blocking eliminates a player from your MM.

First, wait times skyrocket as the game struggles to find teams that all have each other cleared.

Second, people will block all the unicums and proceed to play tier 10 against the worst players... then brag about their stats.

Third, unicums will block other unicums.

Fourth, crap players will block other crap players.

Five, wait times hit 3 hours.

I have played a metric ton of games the last month and no bans. I do not believe that you did not earn whatever punishment you got. Your ban was for an hour, or a 3-day chat ban? You did nothing to earn it?

Think of it this way: MK is window dressing, a system to placate players with votes. Within that is an automated system for reporting AFK and the worst chat offenders. Yes, it is flawed, I agree with you on that. Yes, WG is lazy about it. No, eliminating it or utilizing blocking in MM is not the answer.

WG has said they can access chat logs from games, so my approach would be that they use this more often to verify and follow up on warnings with real bans. Downvotes for other incidents are harder to verify, but I do not believe that even with the random downvotes of platoons you can arrive at a ban without earning it.

Jonny_applesauce #6 Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:37 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4471 battles
  • [ST4RZ]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 20 May 2018 - 01:37 AM, said:

Gotcha, I isunderstood that you are actually WANTING MM to be changed by blocking. Blocking currently blocks chat so lets go through the scenario where blocking eliminates a player from your MM.

First, wait times skyrocket as the game struggles to find teams that all have each other cleared.

Second, people will block all the unicums and proceed to play tier 10 against the worst players... then brag about their stats.

I have played a metric ton of games the last month and no bans. I do not believe that you did not earn whatever punishment you got. Your ban was for an hour, or a 3-day chat ban? You did nothing to earn it?

Think of it this way: MK is window dressing, a system to placate players with votes. Within that is an automated system for reporting AFK and the worst chat offenders. Yes, it is flawed, I agree with you on that. Yes, WG is lazy about it. No, eliminating it or utilizing blocking in MM is not the answer.

WG has said they can access chat logs from games, so my approach would be that they use this more often to verify and follow up on warnings with real bans. Downvotes for other incidents are harder to verify, but I do not believe that even with the random downvotes of platoons you can arrive at a ban without earning it.

^^

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

Ptank2012 #7 Posted 20 May 2018 - 03:56 AM

Never Tell Me the Odds

• Players
  • 14489 battles
  • [SPUDX]

I like it, and the ability to give positive feedback or smack the couches in this game is something I'm happy Blitz has. And as the guys above me have pointed out, your reasoning for wanting it gone seems to be people responding to how skilled you are in game. 

I'd recommend just improving your skills in the lower tiers and if someone has genuine advice, lend em a ear.

Favorite tanks: E-75, Cromwell, Nashorn, KV-2, SU-152 and the Shinob

Lines currently grinding: T57 ,STB-1, Obj. 268 & Maus 

Taikachanz #8 Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:17 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2078 battles

View Postilovezuma, on 20 May 2018 - 01:25 AM, said:

What a minute!  You got a 1 hour ban, what that tells me is that you received enough negative votes for some violation ir violations to cause the ban to happen, really?!?  So now you want to eliminate a system that, for the most part, is working.  You’ve hada total of 98 complaints against you spread out over various violations.  I’ve already suggested a merit system with in the honor system whereby each violation requires 10 positive actions to eliminate one negative violation.  That means 980 of your positive actions would have been removed.  In your case you would still be on the positive side, depending on when these positives and negatives occurred within the rating period.  But still, 98 negatives?  Those can’t all be bogus.

Dan_Deerso #9 Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:23 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 18924 battles
  • [MOMS]

View PostTaikachanz, on 20 May 2018 - 12:17 PM, said:

What a minute!  You got a 1 hour ban, what that tells me is that you received enough negative votes for some violation ir violations to cause the ban to happen, really?!?  So now you want to eliminate a system that, for the most part, is working.  You’ve hada total of 98 complaints against you spread out over various violations.  I’ve already suggested a merit system with in the honor system whereby each violation requires 10 positive actions to eliminate one negative violation.  That means 980 of your positive actions would have been removed.  In your case you would still be on the positive side, depending on when these positives and negatives occurred within the rating period.  But still, 98 negatives?  Those can’t all be bogus.

Well, I don't believe it counts the initial vote either, so it may be as many as 196 people that downvoted him.

0KingdomWarrior0 #10 Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:19 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4012 battles
  • [HBM]

0KingdomWarrior0 #11 Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:37 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4012 battles
  • [HBM]

View Postilovezuma, on 19 May 2018 - 07:25 PM, said:

Actually you are mostly wrong... Today I spent the last 3 hours doing over 600 damage every match while all my "teamates" die within 1 or 2 minutes leaving me to fight 3-5 full hp or half hp tanks by myself, I have been getting praised for my performances all day while recieving no complaints, then all of a sudden I did 0 damage during 1 match because I got stuck in a bad spot with my platoon mate and every time I popped out to fire my shots somehow kept missing even though I rarely ever miss and any shots that did hit should have penitrated but instead did critical damage while not doing any damage whatsoever, then a cromwell b popped out and just as I went to fire the fire button refused to work and I missed my oportunity to one shot the cromwell... long story short me and my platoon mate were the last guys left and even most of his shots missed or somehow did 0 damage, though he actually got 1 shot in, I got downvoted for "inactivity in battle" even though I bounced several shells off my armour while doing my best like I always do while averaging 1k to 1500 damage per battle, and immeadiately recieved a penalty... I literally recieved no warning, just got a notification that popped up on my screen telling me someone downvoted me for inactivity in battle, then another message pops up telling me I have recieved a penalty... THIS IS TOTAL HOGWASH!!!!!!!!!!! I did nothing to deserve this penalty, I have well over 600 praises, and I recieved atleast 35-50 praises within the last 3 hours from other players who either upvoted me for being a worthy oponent, or being an effective player, or a couple of times I did 0 damage or very little damage but held the enemies off by bouncing lots of shells and keeping them occupied and recieved praises for being a team player, I even recieved a social player praise a few times because I stayed in the battle and tried to help my remaining teamates win. I have done nothing to deserve this crap.

0KingdomWarrior0 #12 Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:57 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4012 battles
  • [HBM]
I also have 5 star military honor... ithe honor system itself should stay I believe as no bad player will have 5 star honor for long, I think a penalty should only be given if players with 3 star honor and below get a certain amount of downvotes.... but for a player like me to keep getting penalties while wargaming keeps telling me I deserve the penalties and they refuse to compensate me or remove penalties from my account... that is just total bullcrap... my stats are bad but only because for 500-1k+ battles in the kv1 and t150 I kept doing my best to learn how to play those tanks while they were stock and I kept following my teamaates only for the enemy to keep flanking literally every battle forcing me to fight 4-7 tanks all at once while requesting help from my teamates, almost every match I would tell my team that the enemy would flank and come for me and I would not be able to keep up with them if they rushed ahead and was constantly told no, called a nub,noob,newb, etc. And then only get proven right because the enemy would flank, take me out, then kill off my team, sometimes I would hit the sos button while following my team knowing the enemy would flank, only to recieve constant negatives, or affirmatives with no teamate coming to help me or spot the enemy so that I would atleast have fair warning when the enemy showed up... most of those battles were losses...  it hasnt happened like this since those 3 days, but it completely killed my stats dropping my win rate from 65% down to 33% and I usually only get to play after 17:00 on the na server and the teams have just been horrible to the point I am usually the last or 3rd to last teamate left alive against 5 -6 tanks and still wind up losing...  one match I fought my hardest and was in the chi nu and was the last teamate left alive against 3 enemies, I killed the first 2, got the amx elc bis down to 56 hp, but then every shot started bouncing  when they should have penitrated his side or front or would completely miss even with him sitying still front facing me only for my shot to miss while my aiming circle was perfect and I wasnt moving my tank or the turret at all and it would track him only for his tracks to be fixed fast enough for him to get to cover before my reload finished or just completely miss him by what looked like several feet not mere millimeters or inches... long story short it was a draw and we platooned together still losing matches but fighting hard and always ranking first and second place for damage and kills while getting over 700 damage per matc....  Got praised constantly and so did my platoonmate and yet I still got no warning, and got a penalty for being downvoted only 1 time.

ilovezuma #13 Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11632 battles
  • [COD-R]

ive actually gotten reported by my team for telling an E-100 to shutup because hes calling the team trash because he died 30 seconds in the game and i ended up carrying the team and winning a 3v1 in an OBJ268    the team then reported me when i was highest damage and i received a penalty

that just being an example how petty people are, and that you can get a penalty for carrying the team even

ive also had a few matches where i was in PZ2J that i was only tier 3 tank and fought all tier 4's that i couldnt pen (28mm pen) so i went to cap and won for the team and dealt 0 damage but my team still reported me and i got a penalty

anyone anytime can get you a penalty

ilovezuma #14 Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11632 battles
  • [COD-R]
and on a note about military honor, i saw a player last week with over 10k battles and a 1 star military honor, how is he not banned?

Edited by ilovezuma, 30 May 2018 - 11:31 PM.

Taikachanz #15 Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:54 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2078 battles
If you sit at the spawn or move to hide and decide not to come out until either you have no choice or until your team has pretty much eliminated the enemy and the decide to join in and end up with one or two kills, that my friend, in my opinion, is inactivity.

Edited by Taikachanz, 01 June 2018 - 05:54 PM.

NoobieDude #16 Posted 01 June 2018 - 06:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 2975 battles
  • [CYRUS]

View PostTaikachanz, on 01 June 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

If you sit at the spawn or move to hide and decide not to come out until either you have no choice or until your team has pretty much eliminated the enemy and the decide to join in and end up with one or two kills, that my friend, in my opinion, is inactivity.

yep...a non team player in that situation deserves a D.V. i see this alot.

but how i understand this MH system...its a snowflake button.

wasn't MH designed for alleviate the tickets flowing into WG CR's about in-game chat violations? they took dead chat away after so much abuse of this ticket system,

and then brought it back with the MH system. so the playerbase could have  there Triggered button vote system. and stay off the backs of the CR's

now they have a chat off feature.

as far as im concerned, keep MH if it keeps dead chat on. MH means nothing to me. i have almost 3k games and only 8 D.V.

really as far as i can see. most of you complaining about MH, are the ones getting bans.

and im sure most of them are deserved.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users