Jump to content


SU-122-44


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

its_just_a_game_ #1 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:01 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 371
  • [BB_]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2017

Hey guys! I just got this tank from a container, and wondering how to play it? 

I'm doing pretty good in it, just trying to do better.

 

Also what equipment setup is good on this tank?



_LOONA #2 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:25 AM

    LOOΠΔ

  • Players
  • 14401 battles
  • 1,361
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    03-21-2016

I love mine to death, its got great DPM with high single shot damage at tier 7. I usually play my SU as a second line support with the mediums, because it has great speed I usually make sure that if I ever come in conflict with an enemy tank it will be a medium tank. Other than that, make sure you dont get hit by any TD or heavy as your hit-points are quite low (all tier 7 TD's are quite low). Below is a video of pretty much how I play the SU.


 

 


its_just_a_game_ #3 Posted 20 May 2018 - 05:56 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 371
  • [BB_]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2017

View PostMAJIME, on 20 May 2018 - 05:25 AM, said:

I love mine to death, its got great DPM with high single shot damage at tier 7. I usually play my SU as a second line support with the mediums, because it has great speed I usually make sure that if I ever come in conflict with an enemy tank it will be a medium tank. Other than that, make sure you dont get hit by any TD or heavy as your hit-points are quite low (all tier 7 TD's are quite low). Below is a video of pretty much how I play the SU.

Thanks for the tips and gameplay! It looks like I am playing it a lot like you so that's good. What is you equipment load out? Is it worth the spare parts?



_LOONA #4 Posted 20 May 2018 - 06:26 AM

    LOOΠΔ

  • Players
  • 14401 battles
  • 1,361
  • [SRT]
  • Member since:
    03-21-2016

View Postits_just_a_game_, on 19 May 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

Thanks for the tips and gameplay! It looks like I am playing it a lot like you so that's good. What is you equipment load out? Is it worth the spare parts?

If you really like it, I would suggest fully loading it out. My current set up is: rammer, defense system, camo net, enhanced gun laying drive, improved assembly, improved control, vert. stabilizer, toolbox, and consumable delivery system.

 

 


Ericmopar #5 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:09 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3271 battles
  • 2,474
  • Member since:
    04-10-2017

I don't play mine much, because I'm not so into TDs, but it is a good tank. I play the flanks mostly and hit with a big boom, then move usually. (run is more like it LOL)

It has good aim and is low, with good mobility. It will hit medium range shots without waiting for the reticle to shrink down all the way and can pen almost anything with standard AP rounds.

It's got almost no gun depression though, like typical Soviet tanks (most of them).

I wish it had a full 8 or 10 degrees of depression, so I could actually take advantage of the front armor slope, like when I drive my T14 Heavy.


Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

 

 


its_just_a_game_ #6 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:12 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 371
  • [BB_]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2017

View PostMAJIME, on 20 May 2018 - 06:26 AM, said:

If you really like it, I would suggest fully loading it out. My current set up is: rammer, defense system, camo net, enhanced gun laying drive, improved assembly, improved control, vert. stabilizer, toolbox, and consumable delivery system.

Thanks I will give that a try.



its_just_a_game_ #7 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:14 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 371
  • [BB_]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2017

View PostEricmopar, on 20 May 2018 - 07:09 AM, said:

I don't play mine much, because I'm not so into TDs, but it is a good tank. I play the flanks mostly and hit with a big boom, then move usually. (run is more like it LOL)

It has good aim and is low, with good mobility. It will hit medium range shots without waiting for the reticle to shrink down all the way and can pen almost anything with standard AP rounds.

It's got almost no gun depression though, like typical Soviet tanks (most of them).

I wish it had a full 8 or 10 degrees of depression, so I could actually take advantage of the front armor slope, like when I drive my T14 Heavy.

I have not tried flanking, I will give it a try!



_CH3F #8 Posted 20 May 2018 - 04:13 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 60060 battles
  • 2,729
  • [L0VED]
  • Member since:
    12-24-2014
It’s one of my fav tier 7 tds. I actually use it as a med tank support tank. It’s good at brawling and if you wiggle you can bounce a lot of shots. The reload and alpha is good but don’t count on accuracy. Try and keep it close to mid range. 

its_just_a_game_ #9 Posted 20 May 2018 - 07:18 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 371
  • [BB_]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2017

View Post_CH3F, on 20 May 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

It’s one of my fav tier 7 tds. I actually use it as a med tank support tank. It’s good at brawling and if you wiggle you can bounce a lot of shots. The reload and alpha is good but don’t count on accuracy. Try and keep it close to mid range. 

Thanks.



75th_Division_Commander #10 Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8250 battles
  • 312
  • [M_L_G]
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016
I use to lose in it but after I watch sk8 vid on the SU 122 44 I seem to win more, I reccomend watching his SU 122 44 vid

Shoot anything that don't speak English- Hacksaw Ridge

Tank historian in training

Against Update 5.5 Tech Tree Changes and will always be!

Link to my crappy YouTube channel:https://www.youtube....3uhpCQsv14Nnpig


its_just_a_game_ #11 Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:36 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 371
  • [BB_]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2017

View Post75th_Division_Commander, on 20 May 2018 - 09:33 PM, said:

I use to lose in it but after I watch sk8 vid on the SU 122 44 I seem to win more, I reccomend watching his SU 122 44 vid

I will do that thank you!



7_3_PowerStroke #12 Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:48 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7605 battles
  • 1,133
  • [MAHOU]
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014
I run with mediums or as second line with heavies. The front is surprisingly trolly against lights and some mediums.

Stats

I write fanfiction and watch anime. Deal with it.

 

formerly _Maho_Nishizumi_212


its_just_a_game_ #13 Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:04 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 371
  • [BB_]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2017

View Post_Maho_Nishizumi_212, on 20 May 2018 - 09:48 PM, said:

I run with mediums or as second line with heavies. The front is surprisingly trolly against lights and some mediums.

I will do that. Yeah I can usually bounce a few shots.



7_3_PowerStroke #14 Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:03 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7605 battles
  • 1,133
  • [MAHOU]
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014
it can work, but make sure you have support. Always.

Stats

I write fanfiction and watch anime. Deal with it.

 

formerly _Maho_Nishizumi_212


its_just_a_game_ #15 Posted 22 May 2018 - 11:41 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 371
  • [BB_]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2017

View Post_Maho_Nishizumi_212, on 21 May 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

it can work, but make sure you have support. Always.

Yeah, I found I can be CODed by meds pretty easy, so support is important.

 



7_3_PowerStroke #16 Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:27 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7605 battles
  • 1,133
  • [MAHOU]
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

View Postits_just_a_game_, on 22 May 2018 - 06:41 PM, said:

Yeah, I found I can be CODed by meds pretty easy, so support is important.

 

 

I would have died in my last game in it if the panter with me hadn't killed the enemy Bulldog

Stats

I write fanfiction and watch anime. Deal with it.

 

formerly _Maho_Nishizumi_212


its_just_a_game_ #17 Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:54 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 371
  • [BB_]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2017

View Post_Maho_Nishizumi_212, on 23 May 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

 

I would have died in my last game in it if the panter with me hadn't killed the enemy Bulldog

Yeah i hate red Bulldogs and LTTBs! The problem I have is the meds on my team don't always help if I'm getting CODed.



7_3_PowerStroke #18 Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:57 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7605 battles
  • 1,133
  • [MAHOU]
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014

View Postits_just_a_game_, on 22 May 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

Yeah i hate red Bulldogs and LTTBs! The problem I have is the meds on my team don't always help if I'm getting CODed.

 

Yeah happened to me in my T34 against an enemy T54. Couldn't get the last shot in before he got away and the reds won on points. Te be fair, however, the friendly IS-8 was occupied with the other reds, but still...

Stats

I write fanfiction and watch anime. Deal with it.

 

formerly _Maho_Nishizumi_212


its_just_a_game_ #19 Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4035 battles
  • 371
  • [BB_]
  • Member since:
    11-27-2017

View Post_Maho_Nishizumi_212, on 23 May 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

 

Yeah happened to me in my T34 against an enemy T54. Couldn't get the last shot in before he got away and the reds won on points. Te be fair, however, the friendly IS-8 was occupied with the other reds, but still...

That sucks.

 



7_3_PowerStroke #20 Posted 23 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7605 battles
  • 1,133
  • [MAHOU]
  • Member since:
    12-25-2014
It did. I did almost 1k more than the next guy on my team...

Stats

I write fanfiction and watch anime. Deal with it.

 

formerly _Maho_Nishizumi_212





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users