KV4 / Tiger II

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Which first (10 members have cast votes)

Tiger II vs KV3

1. Tiger II (8 votes [80.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. KV4 (2 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Jonny_applesauce #1 Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:09 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4471 battles
  • [ST4RZ]

Which should I buy first...… 

Have Tiger II researched, still grinding away at KV3

KV4 is really cheap XP wise... 

Tiger II comes with a nice stock gun and already upgraded engine

KV4 has a rough grind for an engine and a gun but I already have nearly 12K xp

help me decide cuz I can't :honoring:

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:43 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 20547 battles
  • [NOGUD]

Flip a coin.  Heads is the KV, tails is the Tiger.   If you are disappointed with the results of the coin toss, you now know what you really wanted.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

fluffyteddy763 #3 Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:40 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4231 battles
  • [CRU3L]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 21 May 2018 - 02:43 AM, said:

Flip a coin.  Heads is the KV, tails is the Tiger.   If you are disappointed with the results of the coin toss, you now know what you really wanted.

Peace-

Boris

Time tested and still holds true.

All credit goes to the master of signatures- SpartacusDiablo 

I_Maverick_I #4 Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:40 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 15801 battles
  • [FLOOP]

You will be disappointed by both.

The Tiger II, along with all of the American Tech Trees (T69, T49, T32, T28, and T28 Proto) have been hit by the power creep hammer arguably the hardest in Tier VIII. The Tiger II used to cling to at least some relevance, but the recent, completely unnecessary buffs to the Lowe now render the Tiger II as a complete waste of your time, free xp, credits, and patience. Now that the Lowe has a better gun (along with ALL better gun stats except equal alpha), better turret, better hull armor, and better credit coefficient, the Tiger II is completely useless on the battlefield and to your team. The only advantages it offers over the Lowe is a 3 kph top speed and 25% better power-to-weight ratio, which means it gets to climb hills a bit faster. Wheeee...even the Tiger II's turret, which supposably is 60mm thicker in the front according to Blitzstars, is weaker then the Lowe's because the Lowe's turret is rounded and is as good as a IS-5's turret (a.k.a, basically impenetrable) and the Tiger II's turret is sloped so the turret cheeks can be easily be penned. I mean, you can HE pen the cheeks with an ISU-152 at a 15 degree angle to the front of the turret and get whacked for 2/3rds of your health frontally.

The KV-4 is also a steaming pile of dung that fails to fulfill its only purpose: to bounce shells. Its absurd amount of armor is negated by the massive cupola on the top of the turret, and the flat armor plates in the front of the tank. In fact, this is the only tank in the game that some people would recommend you to run the stock gun, which is pretty freaking sad if you ask me.) Because this tank is named after the Soviet political Kliment Voroshilov, it does not carry the same [edited] abilities of its cousin, the IS-3, which is named after Joseph Stalin himself. The modules for the KV-4 are expensive and do not carry over to the ST-1, the tank's gun selections are terrible, and the depressing, boring grind of side scraping OVER and OVER and OVER again make you want to rip your hair out. This tank is not even good at ramming, because it's slower than the Maus, which means you can preyed upon by light tanks, mediums, other heavies, and the sniping TD's. I played about 10 battles (a few less or more, perhaps) in this piece of [edited] before selling it and free-xping 160k XP to the ST-1, which I grinded out in the space of a month and a half. It probably was faster than actually grinding the tank out, as it's so difficult to do well in this excuse of a tank that grinding XP is slow and will make you want to rage-sell it multiple times.

In conclusion, don't even bother with these tanks. Free xp them both to save your sanity. The E75, ST-1, E100, and IS-4 are BEASTS and are the only reasons why you'd want to continue down these lines. The less painful grind, in my opinion, would be the Tiger II, because you can at least play it somewhat like a heavium. 

Have a nice day,

Maverick

Edited by I_Maverick_I, 21 May 2018 - 03:43 AM.

Jonny_applesauce #5 Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:46 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4471 battles
  • [ST4RZ]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 21 May 2018 - 03:40 AM, said:

The Tiger II, along with all of the American Tech Trees (T69, T49, T32, T28, and T28 Proto) have been hit by the power creep hammer arguably the hardest in Tier VIII. The Tiger II used to cling to at least some relevance, but the recent, completely unnecessary buffs to the Lowe now render the Tiger II as a complete waste of your time, free xp, credits, and patience. Now that the Lowe has a better gun (along with ALL better gun stats except equal alpha), better turret, better hull armor, and better credit coefficient, the Tiger II is completely useless on the battlefield and to your team. The only advantages it offers over the Lowe is a 3 kph top speed and 25% better power-to-weight ratio, which means it gets to climb hills a bit faster. Wheeee...even the Tiger II's turret, which supposably is 60mm thicker in the front according to Blitzstars, is weaker then the Lowe's because the Lowe's turret is rounded and is as good as a IS-5's turret (a.k.a, basically impenetrable) and the Tiger II's turret is sloped so the turret cheeks can be easily be penned. I mean, you can HE pen the cheeks with an ISU-152 at a 15 degree angle to the front of the turret and get whacked for 2/3rds of your health frontally.

The KV-4 is also a steaming pile of dung that fails to fulfill its only purpose: to bounce shells. Its absurd amount of armor is negated by the massive cupola on the top of the turret, and the flat armor plates in the front of the tank. In fact, this is the only tank in the game that some people would recommend you to run the stock gun, which is pretty freaking sad if you ask me.) Because this tank is named after the Soviet political Kliment Voroshilov, it does not carry the same [edited] abilities of its cousin, the IS-3, which is named after Joseph Stalin himself. The modules for the KV-4 are expensive and do not carry over to the ST-1, the tank's gun selections are terrible, and the depressing, boring grind of side scraping OVER and OVER and OVER again make you want to rip your hair out. This tank is not even good at ramming, because it's slower than the Maus, which means you can preyed upon by light tanks, mediums, other heavies, and the sniping TD's. I played about 10 battles (a few less or more, perhaps) in this piece of [edited] before selling it and free-xping 160k XP to the ST-1, which I grinded out in the space of a month and a half. It probably was faster than actually grinding the tank out, as it's so difficult to do well in this excuse of a tank that grinding XP is slow and will make you want to rage-sell it multiple times.

In conclusion, don't even bother with these tanks. Free xp them both to save your sanity. The E75, ST-1, E100, and IS-4 are BEASTS and are the only reasons why you'd want to continue down these lines. The less painful grind, in my opinion, would be the Tiger II, because you can at least play it somewhat like a heavium. 

Have a nice day,

Maverick

u dunno how to play heavies

that's all

Jonny Applesauce

I_Maverick_I #6 Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:56 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 15801 battles
  • [FLOOP]

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/I_Maverick_I

uh huh. Look kid, just because I play mostly meds and TD's doesn't mean I don't know how to play heavies. 

Check out my IS-3 stats. Better than yours in 30-day and career. I know how to play heavies. My highest win rate tank with over 100 battles is in a Tier VII Heavy with a 70% win rate. Heavies are, in fact, the easiest tanks to play. However, I prefer more dynamic gameplay than what heavies have to offer. 

When you get some tanks above Tier 8, and you raise your average tier over 7, I'll have some respect for you. But right now, I see a lot of seal clubbing and a lot of overrated self-confidence...

I_Maverick_I #7 Posted 21 May 2018 - 03:59 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 15801 battles
  • [FLOOP]
also, I wrote that big scroll of text mostly to amuse viewers. grinds aren't as bad as they are hyped up to be. why you would choose to attempt and fail to insult me because of that, I have no clue why. Makes as much sense as spelling Johnny without an "h".

Untrust______ #8 Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:02 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 57587 battles
  • [AFT]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 21 May 2018 - 03:56 AM, said:

uh huh. Look kid, just because I play mostly meds and TD's doesn't mean I don't know how to play heavies. 

Check out my IS-3 stats. Better than yours in 30-day and career. I know how to play heavies. My highest win rate tank with over 100 battles is in a Tier VII Heavy with a 70% win rate. Heavies are, in fact, the easiest tanks to play. However, I prefer more dynamic gameplay than what heavies have to offer. 

When you get some tanks above Tier 8, and you raise your average tier over 7, I'll have some respect for you. But right now, I see a lot of seal clubbing and a lot of overrated self-confidence...

Ya what ^^^he said Johnyappletrash!

" If u like your salt you can keep your salt " 

Jonny_applesauce #9 Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:30 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4471 battles
  • [ST4RZ]

View PostJonny_applesauce, on 21 May 2018 - 03:46 AM, said:

u dunno how to play heavies

that's all

apologies maverick I was playing while I followed this thread and had a few bad games, game back and saw a reply that at first I thought basically said "neither" and lashed out.

based on your advice I'll go tiger II

and yeah I realize neither tank is a superstar and I am mostly grinding them for the tier 9s and 10s

I played the IS3 from a 50% crew and totally stock so maybe that reflects in my stats a bit, but still no reason for me to lash out like that

Jonny Applesauce

Jonny_applesauce #10 Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:32 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4471 battles
  • [ST4RZ]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 21 May 2018 - 03:56 AM, said:

working on it.

as far as sealclubbing is concerned I enjoy some low tier tanks and also have a couple new recruits that I'm trying to teach the game to.

Jonny Applesauce

82222 #11 Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11143 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 21 May 2018 - 03:40 AM, said:

Have a nice day,

Maverick

Wooo wooo woo , both these tanks are exceptionally strong at there teirs in the roles they play. The kv4 is built and drive likes a brick and bounces borsig, isu , and obj shells with ease and it has 180mm on the front and 150 on the side which bounces teir X. Also I get mine to ram for 200-300 damage constantly which when combined with a hit means 500-650 damage to your opponent. My max ram in it is 800! fricking damage cmon that is amazing. Also the 107 zis is an exceptional weapon with best in class pen and good dpm. The tiger 2 has been affected by power creeps but is still strong you just play it as a second line heavy or a frontline sidescraper and the gun is superb.  

bazkam #12 Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:44 PM

Private

• Players
  • 19888 battles
  • [H2TED]
I used to enjoy the kv4 but sadly cannot deal with the slow speed. Grinded it to uni and haven’t played it since. In retrospect, it’s pretty much a pos. Tiger2 however, is slightly more fun. You can get your e75/100 basics with angling which might be helpful. Kv4 has slim relevance to st1/is4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users