• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

TJFbleu #1 Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:44 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23777 battles
  • [PRAMO]

"Ivan, how do we improve tournaments and participation?"
"Boss, I know the solution. We lower the rewards and make them lose more credits than they will get as a reward."
"That is genius Ivan, we're already milking them with containers, might as well destroy their credit stash so they are forced to play the game and buy more premium tanks!"

TJFbleu #2 Posted 23 May 2018 - 03:44 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23777 battles
  • [PRAMO]
While I joke, there is a serious issue with the regular tournament setup for tier X. I don't wish to take away from the decent prizing that the large tournament this weekend had, but there are still very active tournament teams that look to play several times a week in tier X tourneys and tend to run into 1 or 2 problems. First problem is the tier X quick tourney system. Many times for example, an odd number of teams will make it to tour 3 or tour 4 of the quick tourney and while an even number of team will get matched, there will be an odd team out and will be stuck waiting for an opponent that simply wont arrive. The second problem is the prizing of the standard weekend tourneys. While these weekend tourneys may have been given larger images in-game, the prizes are still horrifically low and teams can easily have a net loss or break even in credits even if they win the tourney. The high credit cost of vehicle repairs and ammunition resupply causing the drain on credits. If WG would really like to see more people participate in Tier X tournaments on the NA server, they need to drastically improve the rewards and not simply re-brand the tournament image to mask the underlying problem. 
(Also to be very clear, I am not criticizing all tier X tournaments, merely the weekly ones. I think WG's E-Sports division should be commended for the creation of such tournaments like the Professionals Tournament and their continued involvement in massive offline events like the Amazon Mobile Masters.)

WMd76 #3 Posted 23 May 2018 - 04:16 AM

Why Am I Never On The Red Team?

• Players
  • 36037 battles
  • [PNCR]
Hmm 2.8 seems like a like time ago no?

3 Years of happiness is what blitz brought to me

What Has It Done For You?

(I support +2/-2)

xjs #4 Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:54 AM

Get off my lawn!

• Players
  • 14463 battles
  • [TYPHN]
All very true.

NA will become the next Asia, working as intended.

Twitch Stream!    Thunderstorm Division   Recent Stats   

WMd76 #5 Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:13 PM

• Players
  • 36037 battles
  • [PNCR]

View Postxjs, on 23 May 2018 - 06:54 AM, said:

All very true.

NA will become the next Asia, working as intended.

We would need a LOT more anime mods for that to happen. And we already have a lot on NA lol

(I support +2/-2)

___ez_e___ #6 Posted 23 May 2018 - 01:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 57698 battles
  • [GORT]
Works as intended, so expect to continue to get fleeced.  

RexyComandante #7 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:06 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Hello! 

We've not made the rewards for regular tournaments higher, because of we did not want to make Off-Season regular tournaments like a place, where you can receive much more stuff than in the random battles. Off-Season tournaments are training platform before the upcoming Season for clans which want to reach the new heights.

habs71 #8 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:18 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25211 battles
  • [PURPL]

View PostRexyComandante, on 24 May 2018 - 04:06 AM, said:

Hello! 

We've not made the rewards for regular tournaments higher, because of we did not want to make Off-Season regular tournaments like a place, where you can receive much more stuff than in the random battles. Off-Season tournaments are training platform before the upcoming Season for clans which want to reach the new heights.

Yes. Now it’s like a place where there’s no life, no activity and vast empty space. 

Spoiler

Edited by habs71, 24 May 2018 - 09:20 AM.

Oicraftian #9 Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14343 battles
  • [PNCR]

View PostRexyComandante, on 24 May 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

Hello! 

Did you realize that your game is becoming increasingly painful to play?

The game itself is not what is defective, it is the lack of an appropriate skill barrier of +/-2 MM. You have dealt permanent damage to this game.

Edited by Oicraftian, 24 May 2018 - 03:09 PM.

65% scrublord

Remember only tier 8/9/10 stats mean anything

ChunkySquirrel #10 Posted 24 May 2018 - 03:58 PM

The Witcher

• Players
  • 12363 battles

Hello! 

Do you guys even proof read before you post?

Wenn vor uns ein feindlicher Panzer erscheint,
Wird Vollgas gegeben und ran an den Feind.
Was gilt denn unser Leben für uns'res Reiches Heer? Ja, Reiches Heer.

Für Deutschland zu sterben ist uns're höchste Ehr'.

NoobieDude #11 Posted 24 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3011 battles
  • [CYRUS]

View PostRexyComandante, on 24 May 2018 - 01:06 AM, said:

Hello! 

:facepalm:

BrickSniper33A #12 Posted 24 May 2018 - 07:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 57 battles

Hello! 

​Translation: "If you want credits and crap, go buy our overpriced totally biased Russian premiums and gold."

In civilized countries saying Star Wars is better than Dr. Who and Star Trek should be punishable by death.

Official Cybermen obsessed Dr. Who nerd and omnisexual pervert of Blitz https://www.blitzsta...m/BrickSniper33

Luc____ #13 Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:13 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8810 battles
  • [XWING]

Hello! 

The problem with that is that you can play like 3 pub battles in the time it takes to put together a tournament battle... I might be exaggerating a little, but seriously that's B S and u know it 
"Newer Player"

I'm working to improve my winrate. Currently: 45% 46% 47% 48%  49% 50% 51%ish >>> 30 days is 60% ... Currently working to become a unicum, and all tips are appreciated!

Ynlor #14 Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:35 PM

Backyard Historian

• Players
  • 27577 battles
Make the game more playable for wot fans and not kids on their phones that is all I ask. And anything arcadey with a timer and freemium has to go I have been waiting what feels like years so i can get some compensation for the ridiculous amount of money i spent. Had I known the game would in this direction... “Passion” development, to profit development.

xjs #15 Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:44 PM

Get off my lawn!

• Players
  • 14463 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View PostWMd76, on 23 May 2018 - 08:13 AM, said:

We would need a LOT more anime mods for that to happen. And we already have a lot on NA lol

I meant that NA won’t be included in the large tournaments, like Asia....because we definitely have enough weebs ;)

xjs #16 Posted 24 May 2018 - 08:45 PM

Get off my lawn!

• Players
  • 14463 battles
  • [TYPHN]

View PostYnlor, on 24 May 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

Make the game more playable for wot fans and not kids on their phones that is all I ask. And anything arcadey with a timer and freemium has to go I have been waiting what feels like years so i can get some compensation for the ridiculous amount of money i spent. Had I known the game would in this direction... “Passion” development, to profit development.

So make Blitz WOT?

Or you could just play WOT?

Ynlor #17 Posted 24 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

Backyard Historian

• Players
  • 27577 battles

View Postxjs, on 24 May 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

So make Blitz WOT?

Or you could just play WOT?

You bet. When blitz was released comparatively it was an amazing game probably the most serious and optimized game on mobile. But now it is apparent that it is tailored to the platform in a bad way. Heres a good example AAA games “ported” to mobile have content

targeting its orginal audience, but not coincidently it is far more than that because it improves on the game and subtracts nothing.. But with an obvious change in buininess model wotb took a 180 and is increasingly becoming a  “spinoff”. I understand that some things arent working but what happened to “continuing the experience on the go” is that no longer profitable?? Im just going to say it straight up; mobile tools, features, develoment and everything in between mirroring other platforms is the gaming industries future. 

Edited by Ynlor, 24 May 2018 - 09:35 PM.

GANJAXREDBULL #18 Posted 24 May 2018 - 10:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10250 battles
  • [DRIF7]
by chance happen to leak a conversation about the update on WINDOWS 10 on the microsoft store and why it isnt already fixed ? kiddin why would theyre be one they just take our money and then leave us high and dry XD 

Hello! 

__Prometheus_Xero__ #19 Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 20546 battles
  • [ATAR]

View Postxjs, on 24 May 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

I meant that NA won’t be included in the large tournaments, like Asia....because we definitely have enough weebs ;)

huh

Hullo Im just a Spanish speaker player, platoon me Im actually a unicum player

Main Tank: T26E4 SUPER PERSHING

"I am the Alpha and Omega"

WMd76 #20 Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:22 AM

• Players
  • 36037 battles
  • [PNCR]

View PostOicraftian, on 24 May 2018 - 10:09 AM, said:

Did you realize that your game is becoming increasingly painful to play?

The game itself is not what is defective, it is the lack of an appropriate skill barrier of +/-2 MM. You have dealt permanent damage to this game.

this. +1

(I support +2/-2)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users