A few suggestions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #1 Posted 28 May 2018 - 04:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8936 battles
  • [COD]

1. If a player dies after doing less than a quarter of his tank’s HP in damage, they are unable to chat when dead for the rest of the battle. The criteria for the dead-chatting privilege could also be something like doing zero damage renders you unable to chat after dying. In 99% of cases someone who did not contribute anything to the teams while alive will likewise not contribute anything post-mortem.

2. Make the sides of large, tank-stopping rocks more perpendicular to the ground. There was a bug discovered where if a tank hit a rock at high speed, the tank would take damage. My theory is that the underside of the tracks would make impact first on an angled rock, and the game would treat this like a fall. So far, I’ve only replicated this bug once—while going full speed in an Ru 251 downhill in vineyards—but this could easily make an impact in-game.

3. When adrenaline expires whilst the gun is being reloaded, the reload time shouldn’t jump up to pre-adrenaline time. Because of this, the effective length of adrenaline is usually shorter than the advertised 15 or 19 seconds. It’s strange to imagine my loader getting all pumped up and ready to go to work when I activate adrenaline—but when it wears off during a reload, he gets confused and momentarily takes the shell out of the gun.

I love nothing more / Than my beautiful, succulent chins . . .

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Looking for a tournament clan? Click here.

Dan_Deerso #2 Posted 28 May 2018 - 04:35 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 18909 battles
  • [MOMS]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 28 May 2018 - 12:22 AM, said:

1. If a player dies after doing less than a quarter of his tank’s HP in damage, they are unable to chat when dead for the rest of the battle. The criteria for the dead-chatting privilege could also be something like doing zero damage renders you unable to chat after dying. In 99% of cases someone who did not contribute anything to the teams while alive will likewise not contribute anything post-mortem.

2. Make the sides of large, tank-stopping rocks more perpendicular to the ground. There was a bug discovered where if a tank hit a rock at high speed, the tank would take damage. My theory is that the underside of the tracks would make impact first on an angled rock, and the game would treat this like a fall. So far, I’ve only replicated this bug once—while going full speed in an Ru 251 downhill in vineyards—but this could easily make an impact in-game.

3. When adrenaline expires whilst the gun is being reloaded, the reload time shouldn’t jump up to pre-adrenaline time. Because of this, the effective length of adrenaline is usually shorter than the advertised 15 or 19 seconds. It’s strange to imagine my loader getting all pumped up and ready to go to work when I activate adrenaline—but when it wears off during a reload, he gets confused and momentarily takes the shell out of the gun.

Adrenaline decreases the reload while it's active. If you've got a 20 second reload and 10 seconds of adrenaline left, it'll take the 20% off of the 10 seconds, which is 2 seconds, but the indicator will show 20% off the 20 seconds, or 4 seconds.

The flaw is that the reload indicator will show the total reload minus the 20%, not accounting for the adrenaline running out. If you've got a reload of 20 seconds, and you fire and immediately hit adrenaline, you effectively take 20% of 15 seconds worth of reloading out of the equation, or 3 seconds. Your total reload should be 17 seconds. However, at 14.9 seconds, your reload indicator will say 1.1 seconds instead of 2.1 seconds because it doesn't realize the rate at which you reload is going to slow down, and it assumes 20 x .8 instead, which is 16 seconds.

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #3 Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:42 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8936 battles
  • [COD]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 27 May 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

Adrenaline decreases the reload while it's active. If you've got a 20 second reload and 10 seconds of adrenaline left, it'll take the 20% off of the 10 seconds, which is 2 seconds, but the indicator will show 20% off the 20 seconds, or 4 seconds.

The flaw is that the reload indicator will show the total reload minus the 20%, not accounting for the adrenaline running out. If you've got a reload of 20 seconds, and you fire and immediately hit adrenaline, you effectively take 20% of 15 seconds worth of reloading out of the equation, or 3 seconds. Your total reload should be 17 seconds. However, at 14.9 seconds, your reload indicator will say 1.1 seconds instead of 2.1 seconds because it doesn't realize the rate at which you reload is going to slow down, and it assumes 20 x .8 instead, which is 16 seconds.

Oh heck

I love nothing more / Than my beautiful, succulent chins . . .

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Looking for a tournament clan? Click here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users