T23E3

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

its_just_a_game_ #1 Posted 30 May 2018 - 06:16 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4710 battles
  • [BB_]

So I just got this tank out of a crate on my EU account, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for it. Thanks.

Frostbaka #2 Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:28 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 43044 battles
  • [_V_]

Yeah. It's pretty good. Consider of it like a Comet but without any armor. Thankfully, its front is not weak enough to get penned with HE or HEP, so people will basically only be shooting AP at you. It's actually a tank that you can be quite aggressive with IMO, because it has amazing reverse speed. Like literally, it has 30+ kph reverse speed. This extra mobility allows you to get out of situations when you can't afford to spend the time to turn all the way around. 

Now, it has good DPM for its tier, and the gun handling is decent with a fast aim time so you can squeeze off shots easily. However, this gun has no penetration so make sure to bring lots of premium ammo. The pen is so bad, you will bounce most of your prammo to the side of an IS-6. So try to avoid going against Tier VIII frontally, ever, because you will get punished.

Good luck

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbaka#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_Australian #3 Posted 30 May 2018 - 07:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 15900 battles
  • [MAPLE]
Yea like Mav said, dont be afraid to run away. Use ur speed and play sorta like a bulldog with slightly more armor. The gun is quite accurate so is reasonably good for sniping i think. Definitely dont be too aggressive in it unless your completely confident. 

#1 Player in NA for... well... nothing really...... Idk I guess I'm just kinda bored so im writing this weird little signature, well... when you think about it, it's not actually a signature is it?   I DIGRESSSS! - Bushka 

MEMBER OF THE TRAINING ROOM POLICE DEPARTMENT (TRPD)

(Jeez that took a long time to do. Sorry I'm a computer newb, I had it all perfect and then I turned at all red!)

Rio_Grande #4 Posted 30 May 2018 - 01:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12784 battles
  • [AFT]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 30 May 2018 - 01:28 AM, said:

Yeah. It's pretty good. Consider of it like a Comet but without any armor. Thankfully, its front is not weak enough to get penned with HE or HEP, so people will basically only be shooting AP at you. It's actually a tank that you can be quite aggressive with IMO, because it has amazing reverse speed. Like literally, it has 30+ kph reverse speed. This extra mobility allows you to get out of situations when you can't afford to spend the time to turn all the way around. 

Now, it has good DPM for its tier, and the gun handling is decent with a fast aim time so you can squeeze off shots easily. However, this gun has no penetration so make sure to bring lots of premium ammo. The pen is so bad, you will bounce most of your prammo to the side of an IS-6. So try to avoid going against Tier VIII frontally, ever, because you will get punished.

Good luck

The pen isn't THAT bad, AP rounds have 7 more pen than the comet to my knowledge, and 5 short of the T20's pen. 

APCR is a bit lackluster, at 200mm, but its better than the t-43's 194mm.

Hans, get the Luger.

Link to my trash discord server: https://discord.gg/tauu3d6

NICKEL_AND_DIME #5 Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:22 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 59188 battles
  • [III]

It was the last Tier VII premium I purchased with real money. 

Personally, I find the Comet superior to the T23E3, but you may have a different opinion.  It seems this tank is usually loved or hated.  I don't love mine enough to invest spare parts on it. 

PanzertroopenVT #6 Posted 30 May 2018 - 03:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11878 battles
  • [PRDE]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 30 May 2018 - 02:28 AM, said:

Good luck

My very first higher tier tank, too bad I didn't ask this question, before running the guauntlet and driving it into the dirt.

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm"

Hey you—yes you, with all that moist, succulent meat in your mouth. Give all of it to me. succulentnmeals!

https://youtu.be/XebF2cgmFmU

Ookla_the_Mok #7 Posted 30 May 2018 - 09:44 PM

VCR is Peak Tech

• Players
  • 29277 battles
  • [BRSKT]

I won this in a free crate months ago and played my first 5 games today.

First impression is less than stellar. Not as quick as I had hoped, though the reverse speed is a nice bonus that I will have to take advantage of later. Gun pumps out shells, but the combination of pen/accuracy/turret armor means you are not able to abuse it as much as I would like. It feels like a Cromwell B with a dead driver, broken engine... but up a tier.

At least it was free.

Secret Lair & Pawn Discord - Now 41% Bad Choices, 38% Creative Solutions, and 21% Chaos.
Alternatively you can check out
 [BRSKT]  

Ookla_the_Mok #8 Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:04 AM

VCR is Peak Tech

• Players
  • 29277 battles
  • [BRSKT]
5 more games. Calling it now: tank is worse than the PM/10.

Secret Lair & Pawn Discord - Now 41% Bad Choices, 38% Creative Solutions, and 21% Chaos.
Alternatively you can check out
 [BRSKT]  

its_just_a_game_ #9 Posted 31 May 2018 - 04:48 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4710 battles
  • [BB_]
Thanks for all the advice and tips! Very helpful!

its_just_a_game_ #10 Posted 31 May 2018 - 05:47 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 4710 battles
  • [BB_]
Anyone have any recommendations for equipment set up?

NICKEL_AND_DIME #11 Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:38 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 59188 battles
  • [III]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 30 May 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

I won this in a free crate months ago and played my first 5 games today.

First impression is less than stellar. Not as quick as I had hoped, though the reverse speed is a nice bonus that I will have to take advantage of later. Gun pumps out shells, but the combination of pen/accuracy/turret armor means you are not able to abuse it as much as I would like. It feels like a Cromwell B with a dead driver, broken engine... but up a tier.

At least it was free.

I agree with everything you just posted. 

PanzertroopenVT #12 Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11878 battles
  • [PRDE]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 30 May 2018 - 11:04 PM, said:

5 more games. Calling it now: tank is worse than the PM/10.

I sold mine

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm"

Hey you—yes you, with all that moist, succulent meat in your mouth. Give all of it to me. succulentnmeals!

https://youtu.be/XebF2cgmFmU

Rio_Grande #13 Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:03 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12784 battles
  • [AFT]

I bought mine with the nomad camo when it was new. 

Well balanced tank, if you can find the tank's niche it will bring you a good bit of credits.

Hans, get the Luger.

Link to my trash discord server: https://discord.gg/tauu3d6

82222 #14 Posted 02 June 2018 - 08:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 15685 battles
  • [UNITY]
I find that if you play it like a comet it does well but I play it like the comet and t20 had a baby and then it had rlly good reverse speed, equipment wise rammer , enhanced cabin , binoculars or camo ( depends on play style) second level is up to u. Gl and o7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users