Blessed by the MM gods

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

BluesAllDay #1 Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7943 battles
  • [SRV]

I’ve done nothing different that I can think of this week or last week that I’ve done differently than the previous couple of months except play tank destroyers. I generally don’t pay much attention to battle reports. After a battle either I press battle again or I don’t. Sure I’ve looked at a few reports but none of the information peeked my interest as being useful to me. I really just sort of scanned bits and pieces of reports. 

As I said I’ve done nothing different except play tank destroyers

Going over my battle reports the last few days because my stats took a huge jump for no good reason, looking at every player on both the green team and the red team, no player was above 55% and no player was below 42%. I’d say that’s a pretty narrow window considering the horror stories being posted by others. My wr is 48% and that’s really close to middle. The blitz MM gods have blessed me, how long can it last. Or, is MM going through a change?

Edited by BluesAllDay, 03 June 2018 - 01:32 AM.

BluesAllDay #2 Posted 02 June 2018 - 11:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7943 battles
  • [SRV]

I just looked back again. The teams are amazingly close when comparing wr only. The last battle for instance, green had a 54%er and red a 55%er at the high end. At the low end green had a 44%er, red a 43%er. Everyone in the middle had a comparable wr player on the other side. As far back as I can look on the page the teams are remarkably close when looking at wr.

Edited by BluesAllDay, 03 June 2018 - 12:12 AM.

BluesAllDay #3 Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7943 battles
  • [SRV]
     On a side note. All of the players complaining about low wr players getting better. If they win more someone has to loose. You might want to reverse your way of thinking. If your wr is higher than thiers you should be thankful because if they start winning more you may start loosing more. Just a thought. Pretty much half of every red team I’ve battled this month had wr between 48%-55% and they lost 65% of the time. im stealing thier wr.

Edited by BluesAllDay, 03 June 2018 - 12:37 AM.

Marlajane11 #4 Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:18 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 53760 battles
  • [III]
I don’t think it quite works the way you have conceptualized it. Your model for WR seems more like a 1v1 where for one player to win the other has to lose. That’s not how 7 v 7 plays out. The reason why bad players have bad win rates is because there are so many of them that when the chances are high that there will be a full team of 7 bad players. Good players have virtually zero chances of ever having 7 good players. If we started sorting the “casual”, “I just play for fun” players from the try hards, the players would start getting the win rates they really have earned. As it is now, bad players get their win rates bumped up by the ocassional unicum carry and the unicums lose win rate that they shouldn’t have because they got too many useless players. Let the players who want to be hard headed about learning from the more experienced players get what they deserve. That’s a team full of other players like them. They should never get the benfit of a better players carrying them. EVER!

Edited by Marlajane11, 03 June 2018 - 01:20 PM.

Marlajane11 #5 Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:22 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 53760 battles
  • [III]
On a side note: I would be willing to bet that you would find all the salt on the “casual”, “i just play for fun” teams.

BluesAllDay #6 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7943 battles
  • [SRV]

I am a casual I just play for fun person. I understand the math of 1v1 7v7. For some strange reason I can’t explain other than the MM  I’m winning and looking at reports like I said about 3.5 players of every red team (will have) a better than average wr is loosing 65% of —-MY—- games over the last 30 days.

You can do the math anyway you want, in the last thirty days, I have taken winrates from three and a half better than average winrate players, 65% of the time.  The lower a players wr has better odds of more players on both teams with higher wr than his. Every time he wins more than 3.5 players with higher winrates than him will loose.

Edited by BluesAllDay, 03 June 2018 - 06:35 PM.

Marlajane11 #7 Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:10 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 53760 battles
  • [III]
The problem with your argument is that you are conflating skill with win rate. Yes, they are correlated to a certain extent but just because you have a higher level of skill does not mean you will win a proportionate amount of games with that skill. That is to say, you can double your skill, but you can’t double your win rate with said skill. There is a law of dimishing returns here. As you gain more in skill, yes you will win more because you can carry games more often, but the amount of carriable games does not increase. There are many games that are unwinnable just because of the large skill gaps between the players. This is the problem that better players are trying to solve. The large skill gap between players will leave good players in a situation where they have literally not a single player on his or her team that is capable of contributing. It almost never happens that the lack of skill is evenly distributed. So, a good player in this situation is pretty much guaranteed a loss, because if his players are so bad that none of them can contribute, you can bet that the players capable of contributing were assigned to the red team.

BluesAllDay #8 Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:38 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7943 battles
  • [SRV]

Exactly! 

For the last 3 or 4 weeks I have been winning. Not just the so called team. Me. I’m winning. I can’t explain that except through the Mm. I’m the tank at the top of the list, doing the most damage all because of the competition MM is giving me. 

I’m one person on a seven man team. If another 100 people, because of Mm or not, start winning more than better will start loosing more. There is no two ways around that.

Marlajane11 #9 Posted 03 June 2018 - 09:41 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 53760 battles
  • [III]
You're assuming that skill and win rate increase together in a direct fashion. You’re wrong. For every bit of skill increase a player develops, the effect on his win rate gets lower and lower until it reaches the point where skill can no longer yield win rate.

Edited by Marlajane11, 03 June 2018 - 09:42 PM.

BluesAllDay #10 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:36 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7943 battles
  • [SRV]

I think I understand what your saying. In no way am I suggesting that because a group of less than average players would be competitive against a group above average players and win simply because they are improving. MM is a team of seven as mentioned earlier. I was a fairly consistent 42%er for the first couple months. The pool of players with better wr than me was a much bigger pool than players with wr less than me so both teams would generally consist of more better than then less than during my battles. So every battle I won back then killed wr of 4 maybe 5 batter than me players but I only won 42% of the time so I lost not them.now at 48% the pools above and below are about even. Now when I win only 3.5 better than me are loosing but I’m now winning 65% so they are loosing not me. If I continue upwards the pool of better players will become smaller. So fewer will loose per battle when I win

If  a 40% with black and red stats was struck by lightning and never became any better than now but magically was put on the winning team from this day forward. In the beginning every battle he played 4-5 reds would have better stats than him, he contributed nothing to the battle but het won not them. When this player hits 48% his stats are still red and black. But now every battle he’s only taking wr from 3.5 people. Eventually he’s only taking wr from 1-2 people only because there will be fewer people better than him even though he never improved.

Marlajane11 #11 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:45 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 53760 battles
  • [III]
You’ll change your tune when you reach a high win rate. Your arguments seem to be made under the assumption that all good players started out as good. I was sitting at 48% when I only had 10000 battles. Most of my losses were often due to the fact that I was unable to contribute to games in an effective way. These days I lose games where I do 3000, 4000, and 5000 damage while the rest of the players on my team can’t even break 1000. You don’t think I could win more if I had some more competence on my teams? You’re crazy.

Edited by Marlajane11, 03 June 2018 - 10:48 PM.

BluesAllDay #12 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7943 battles
  • [SRV]

I know you would win more. I’m not saying you wouldn’t. Like the rest of us you don’t get to pick your team of seven though. 

I started this about MM. I’m used to seeing 60%-65% high end 30%-35% low end teams. I’m not getting those and haven’t for a few days. I attribute that alone to my increase in stats not any ability I have. Is MM changing more like ratings or I’m I just getting luck with MM? 

Edited by BluesAllDay, 03 June 2018 - 11:02 PM.

BluesAllDay #13 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7943 battles
  • [SRV]
I looked up my missing tank well over a year ago but I don’t remember what it was. One of 6 tanks from winter fair 2017 is all I remember.

I_Maverick_I #14 Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:34 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 15642 battles
  • [FLOOP]

I REALLY don't have the time to explain the math between the entire win rate thing, but yeah Blues, Marla is right. Let's just leave it at that.

MM is random, and if you know that, what was the point of making a thread on how long your luck with good teams will last? How can we answer that for you?

BluesAllDay #15 Posted 04 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7943 battles
  • [SRV]

First game today both teams again have no player lower than 42% and no player higher than 55%. Again I get the top dawg in damage. I’m not that good. If I had to place an emotion tag on how I feel about winning and being the top gun or whatever it’s called I would not nessisarily call it fun. I’m leaning more towards confusing as my emotional choice. I’m no better a player today than I was 2 or 3 months ago. How is it even possible to learn when this happens. I’m making the same mistakes but red tanks are not capitalizing on them. The game is a crap shoot.

Edited by BluesAllDay, 04 June 2018 - 04:31 PM.

BluesAllDay #16 Posted 05 June 2018 - 04:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7943 battles
  • [SRV]

I think it may be over. Thank god. Today the teams were between 35% - 57%. Not a whole lot different but different none the less. I was 5th in damage delivered. I’m not nessisarily happy that I was 5th but I am happy that things are returning back to some assemblance of normalcy. It’s to difficult to figure out what I’m doing wrong the other way. 

Green still won and I did not die but at least when I made a mistake the red team capitalized on it and I took some damage. 

Edited by BluesAllDay, 05 June 2018 - 05:15 PM.

BluesAllDay #17 Posted 05 June 2018 - 05:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7943 battles
  • [SRV]

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 03 June 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

I REALLY don't have the time to explain the math between the entire win rate thing, but yeah Blues, Marla is right. Let's just leave it at that.

MM is random, and if you know that, what was the point of making a thread on how long your luck with good teams will last? How can we answer that for you?

You can’t answer it I know. 

Whenever I aimed and did no damage everyone said learn to aim. I was aiming that’s why it made no sense.

Lately even when I make mistakes I get points. That also makes no sense.

I never read rants when the game throws the player a bone. Why? I’m not arrogant enough to say I had good games because of me. Sure, many do have good games simply because they are good. That makes sense but that ain’t me. I’m more of a 360 degree person. An equal opertunity complainer. I don’t care if it’s in my favor or not, if I can take the time out of my life to post a rant about not doing damage when I feel I should have then I darn well can take the time when I’m the hero game after game after game for no good reason.

The game is rigged. It made me win.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users