The Mind of a Unicum

Map Strategy Spotting Mechanics Autoloader Unicum AMX 50 120 Ace Tanker Mastery

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Jaq___ #1 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:04 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33114 battles

I couldn't stay away. The latest in the series discusses Map Strategy, Spotting Mechanics, Autoloader Basics etc while featuring the tier nine AMX 50 120 with 4850 dmg, 5 kill Ace Tanker gameplay on Middleburg. Informational series targeted at intermediates looking to improve, but hopefully anyone would enjoy. Please leave comments and any suggestions about future content. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

https://www.youtube....r5trdlrk0h00410

YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

SuperUnicum by Star1 and WN8     

UberNoob in reality

minitel_NA #2 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]
Replay ? 

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

LordManaz #3 Posted 03 June 2018 - 12:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 62224 battles
  • [HVC]

my question is, you can do the same with the 70% of your team dead in 2 minutes?

next tutorial: "how to carry when your team die fast"

Maybe the worst noob in NA

LtRaseiniai #4 Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 76897 battles
  • [EWENS]

View PostLordManaz, on 03 June 2018 - 06:21 AM, said:

my question is, you can do the same with the 70% of your team dead in 2 minutes?

next tutorial: "how to carry when your team die fast"

Even the greatest players lose 30-35 games out of every hundred.

There are a lot of teams that not even the great players have a chance of winning with.

Sometimes you just have to hit battle and move on to the next game.  Not every game can be won.

Flexsphincter1 #5 Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:45 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 20398 battles
lord has right idea, how to win when lights and meds yolo to heavy alley or how to win when lights and meds wont flank and or spot
1024852210.png

LordManaz #6 Posted 03 June 2018 - 02:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 62224 battles
  • [HVC]
​​i ask because sometimes i flank, as med, and fight vs 2-3 with some support, but when i see the other corner our heavies are low hp and the reds are pretty clean... how to win in that situation? im hurt but i keep the 60% of my hp.

Maybe the worst noob in NA

averagebot #7 Posted 03 June 2018 - 06:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 52570 battles
  • [GRMPS]

Great stuff,  I like the feint.   I,ll try that one if I get more than 120 seconds!

minitel_NA #8 Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Post_Jaq, on 03 June 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

I couldn't stay away. The latest in the series discusses Map Strategy, Spotting Mechanics, Autoloader Basics etc while featuring the tier nine AMX 50 120 with 4850 dmg, 5 kill Ace Tanker gameplay on Middleburg. Informational series targeted at intermediates looking to improve, but hopefully anyone would enjoy. Please leave comments and any suggestions about future content. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Here is my feedback, as much as the comment from the YouTube game is great, I would very much appreciate to be a lot to have the replay at the same time, and being able to see it at my own speed, etc...

Jaq___ #9 Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33114 battles

View PostSubtlepro, on 03 June 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

Great stuff,  I like the feint.   I,ll try that one if I get more than 120 seconds!

Thanks bud! Yeah, fake one direction until you are unspotted, then turn and go the other way. Really catches them off guard. 

UberNoob in reality

Jaq___ #10 Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33114 battles

View Postminitel_NA, on 03 June 2018 - 08:21 PM, said:

Here is my feedback, as much as the comment from the YouTube game is great, I would very much appreciate to be a lot to have the replay at the same time, and being able to see it at my own speed, etc...

Thank you. So are you asking for the game file so you can run it on your client/ directly through your blitz app without commentary or editing? 

UberNoob in reality

minitel_NA #11 Posted 04 June 2018 - 12:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Post_Jaq, on 04 June 2018 - 12:02 PM, said:

Thank you. So are you asking for the game file so you can run it on your client/ directly through your blitz app without commentary or editing? 

Your commentary is fine. And it does a great job in a video. However I may want to understand why that green tank did this or that or why that red tank something. 

So this is how I watch replays :

This guy made 3000 damage and 4500 assisted damage and it’s easy to see why, he is spotting  5 red tanks on his own, surviving , and behind him is an entire team of 5 camping tds and a noob aligned against the red line. 

Watching this game from the point of view of his gunner would give a different story. This is why the video is good but hate replay is complementary. Also, the replay file can be browsed through  in a much shorter amount of time while still spending the crisp moments in slow motion. 

That replay is here :

https://static.armorinspector.com/replays/blitz/4.10.0/1527656781_medvedkovo_a3c9ab22c1afa0bbeaec14a912512384.wotbreplay

Edited by minitel_NA, 04 June 2018 - 12:41 PM.

Jaq___ #12 Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33114 battles

View Postminitel_NA, on 04 June 2018 - 12:39 PM, said:

Your commentary is fine. And it does a great job in a video. However I may want to understand why that green tank did this or that or why that red tank something. 

So this is how I watch replays :

This guy made 3000 damage and 4500 assisted damage and it’s easy to see why, he is spotting  5 red tanks on his own, surviving , and behind him is an entire team of 5 camping tds and a noob aligned against the red line. 

Watching this game from the point of view of his gunner would give a different story. This is why the video is good but hate replay is complementary. Also, the replay file can be browsed through  in a much shorter amount of time while still spending the crisp moments in slow motion. 

That replay is here :

https://static.armorinspector.com/replays/blitz/4.10.0/1527656781_medvedkovo_a3c9ab22c1afa0bbeaec14a912512384.wotbreplay

Holy smokes, you're like the Matrix man!  I'm a simple man.  I basically use the ios screen recording feature, iMovie, and then upload to you tube all from my ipad.  I'll be glad to try to get you what you need but would need some step by step instructions. I have better videos btw if you are looking for spotting locations and/or more complex game play. Thanks again for the interest. 

UberNoob in reality

minitel_NA #13 Posted 04 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Post_Jaq, on 04 June 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

Holy smokes, you're like the Matrix man!  I'm a simple man.  I basically use the ios screen recording feature, iMovie, and then upload to you tube all from my ipad.  I'll be glad to try to get you what you need but would need some step by step instructions. I have better videos btw if you are looking for spotting locations and/or more complex game play. Thanks again for the interest. 

just post the replay if people want to go over certain moments a few times and understand tricks. 

For the rest I load the replays into map inspector, turn off the HDvisuals and turn on the viewrange.

I like to get used to who sees what from where. Also u can export shots into armor inspector to analyze them. 

It’s not always accurate but most of the times it will show you why that shot failed (or penned) 

or why that wasn’t a ghost shot.

On ipad once map inspector is installed, from inside the game or from the file adress, open it in map inspector, and that is the end of my  tutorial. 

NoobieDude #14 Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3191 battles
  • [CYRUS]
nice Jag. thanx.

BorisBaddenov #15 Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:15 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26970 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postminitel_NA, on 04 June 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

just post the replay if people want to go over certain moments a few times and understand tricks. 

For the rest I load the replays into map inspector, turn off the HDvisuals and turn on the viewrange.

I like to get used to who sees what from where. Also u can export shots into armor inspector to analyze them. 

It’s not always accurate but most of the times it will show you why that shot failed (or penned) 

or why that wasn’t a ghost shot.

On ipad once map inspector is installed, from inside the game or from the file adress, open it in map inspector, and that is the end of my  tutorial. 

I have to admit - I've been unable to make other people's replays work for me.     I tried to get MI and AI to work for me -- but I'm not smart enough.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Jaq___ #16 Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:39 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33114 battles

View PostNoobieDude, on 04 June 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

nice Jag. thanx.

Thanks for the support! I’ve got a fun one in a type 62 at Yamato with early spotting, relocating, and brawling that I’m gonna do sometime as well. 

UberNoob in reality

BorisBaddenov #17 Posted 05 June 2018 - 02:41 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26970 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post_Jaq, on 03 June 2018 - 02:04 AM, said:

I liked this video a lot.  I'm just starting to explore auto-loaders, so this was quite timely.   

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

minitel_NA #18 Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 04 June 2018 - 06:15 PM, said:

I have to admit - I've been unable to make other people's replays work for me.     I tried to get MI and AI to work for me -- but I'm not smart enough.

Peace-

Boris

I have put together some video, I’ll post it when ready. 

Other than that, on my iPad I mostly watch other people’s replays from discord or wotinspector, and both have a download button that will ask me which app I want to use, blitz or map inspector, which I chose. What is different for you ?

Jaq___ #19 Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 33114 battles

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 05 June 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

I liked this video a lot.  I'm just starting to explore auto-loaders, so this was quite timely.   

Awesome. Much appreciated! If you want more auto-loaders I have an AMX 13 75 and 50 100 that I can upload onto my YouTube channel. Helpful Auto-loader tips:

1. Try to hit the front drive wheel which will keep them tracked while doing damage and you can empty your entire clip into them. Really pisses them off too, lol.

2. The idea is to try to empty your clip as fast as possible without hanging out and taking too much damage in return so make sure that no more than 1 gun (if any) are pointed at you when you pull out. 

3. Always have hard cover beside you after you finish your clip since its such a long reload. Other option is to have an escape route in mind and using the speed to get away after you dump.

Hope this helps bud. :)

UberNoob in reality

BorisBaddenov #20 Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:37 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26970 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postminitel_NA, on 05 June 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

I have put together some video, I’ll post it when ready. 

Other than that, on my iPad I mostly watch other people’s replays from discord or wotinspector, and both have a download button that will ask me which app I want to use, blitz or map inspector, which I chose. What is different for you ?

I'm not sure what's different :)

I just now followed a link from this thread   When I click it, I go to that google drive page - and there seems to be 2 items.  data.wotreplay and meta.json.  Tapping on them does nothing. There is a download arrow, in the upper right corner of my iPad, and when I click that - a new browser tab (chrome) opens up to about:blank  - and the loading icon in the browser tab spins.  And spins, and spins, and ....   bleh  nothing.

I have learned how to take my own replays and put them into the Map Inspector (MI) - this is very cool btw.   But from there, as I mentioned in the other thread, I am unable to open up individual shots in Armor Inspector(AI).  When I open the log in MI and click the (i) next to the shot, chrome takes me to wotinspector.com.

I have not yet learned how to up load a replay to wotinspector.com, nor I have figured out how to search replays that are there so that I might watch them.   I'm really keen on being able to select replays by map - for me, if this feature gets implemented it will be the most help.  It will let me observe where players go during the first few minutes on a map - that is something that I'm trying to improve - get to a good spot early.

Once I get the MI to AI thing worked out - I plan on purchasing both MI and AI but I need confidence that they will work together as advertised before I do that.

Peace-

Boris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users