21 replies to this topic

minitel_NA #21 Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 06 June 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

I'm not sure what's different :)

I just now followed a link from this thread   When I click it, I go to that google drive page - and there seems to be 2 items.  data.wotreplay and meta.json.  Tapping on them does nothing. There is a download arrow, in the upper right corner of my iPad, and when I click that - a new browser tab (chrome) opens up to about:blank  - and the loading icon in the browser tab spins.  And spins, and spins, and ....   bleh  nothing.

I have learned how to take my own replays and put them into the Map Inspector (MI) - this is very cool btw. 

But from there, as I mentioned in the other thread, I am unable to open up individual shots in Armor Inspector(AI).  When I open the log in MI and click the (i) next to the shot, chrome takes me to wotinspector.com.

I have not yet learned how to up load a replay to wotinspector.com, nor I have figured out how to search replays that are there so that I might watch them.   I'm really keen on being able to select replays by map - for me, if this feature gets implemented it will be the most help.  It will let me observe where players go during the first few minutes on a map - that is something that I'm trying to improve - get to a good spot early.

Once I get the MI to AI thing worked out - I plan on purchasing both MI and AI but I need confidence that they will work together as advertised before I do that.

Peace-

Boris

Before anything I guess you use an android device, I have never used any so I have to assume it works like my iPad, which in most occurrences, should. 

i remember this thread and having the same odd moments as you have, and eventually I hit the “download file” button and once downloaded, it asked me where to open it, and offered blitz or MI ( and a bunch of other things). This is where on android it might just download the file and place it somewhere, like in a download folder. Unfortunately you need to find the file wherever it landed to open it.

I guess you mean from in game, the replays offer you to export to some app or place you want, and one of these is MI. It’s very simple immediately after a game to open that game in Map Inspector. 

Other choices are to save them locally or to a google drive like destroy0 in that thread, or discord or email. You can use the email to upload to replays@wotinspector.com for exmple, and it will save them in a searchable database over there, and after that you can retrieve it at www.wotinspector.com/en/replays anytime. 

How to search and download there should be self explanatory and if not, ask me again.

I'm not too sure what is happening, if you have both apps installed and updated , it should get you there. Sometimes android are just andro-weird, because of so many brands and devices and equipments and versions of OS. 

there is a search bar where you can select a specific map, tank, player (yourself or a player you may know), etc... everyone might not be sending replays already, but maybe players have been caught in a game that was sent by someone else.

you can then sort by date of submission, damage done, assisted damage, etc...

Fairly standard.

pick the replay you want and check the detail page, or just  hit download. From there it should be like any downloaded file, maybe like that file we discussed earlier.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

BorisBaddenov #22 Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26970 battles
  • [III-R]

View Postminitel_NA, on 06 June 2018 - 08:22 AM, said:

Before anything I guess you use an android device, I have never used any so I have to assume it works like my iPad, which in most occurrences, should. 

i remember this thread and having the same odd moments as you have, and eventually I hit the “download file” button and once downloaded, it asked me where to open it, and offered blitz or MI ( and a bunch of other things). This is where on android it might just download the file and place it somewhere, like in a download folder. Unfortunately you need to find the file wherever it landed to open it.

I guess you mean from in game, the replays offer you to export to some app or place you want, and one of these is MI. It’s very simple immediately after a game to open that game in Map Inspector. 

Other choices are to save them locally or to a google drive like destroy0 in that thread, or discord or email. You can use the email to upload to replays@wotinspector.com for exmple, and it will save them in a searchable database over there, and after that you can retrieve it at www.wotinspector.com/en/replays anytime. 

How to search and download there should be self explanatory and if not, ask me again.

I'm not too sure what is happening, if you have both apps installed and updated , it should get you there. Sometimes android are just andro-weird, because of so many brands and devices and equipments and versions of OS. 

there is a search bar where you can select a specific map, tank, player (yourself or a player you may know), etc... everyone might not be sending replays already, but maybe players have been caught in a game that was sent by someone else.

you can then sort by date of submission, damage done, assisted damage, etc...

Fairly standard.

pick the replay you want and check the detail page, or just  hit download. From there it should be like any downloaded file, maybe like that file we discussed earlier.

I'm on a iPad Air 2

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users