M48 Help?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

HomeyYaDawg #1 Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:46 PM

Private

• Players
  • 6000 battles
  • [IMINT]

So I just got my first tier X tank today, the M48A1.  And I just can't seem to win anything.  I hardly ever survive a battle, and most tier X players are toxic.  They message me saying that I'm the "cancer of blitz" and shouldn't be playing tier 10.  I don't even use the chat that often.  They're right about the second part, the fact that I shouldn't be playing tier 10.  But what's the point of having a tank that you don't use?

So I'm looking for help.  I was never good with mediums.  Only light tanks really.  I love using the LTTB.  I just don't know how to become an average tier 10 player.  I'm tired of the insults.  

Any tips on how to use the M48 properly?  I guess you can look at my profile and see my stats.  I'm definitely not the best player around, that's for sure.

blahblahguy #2 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13985 battles
  • [HUNT]
The only thing I could recommend is playing a similar lower tier tank like m4a3e8. Its relatively close and less forgiving but the teams are.
Rei is best girl

Storm216 #3 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:08 PM

Wait, HEAT isn't standard ammo?!

• Players
  • 25950 battles
  • [PRIME]

Don’t listen to them. The best way to get better in tier 10 is to play it a lot. I would recommend watching videos of good players and then imitating how they play.

Here are some links to good gameplay videos:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCXR8UhZCwzLfclPohwNCPBg  (Bushka on Blitz, helpful commentary and lots of videos)

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCdNysQNnej5GUtmtAVrkvRw  (one of the best players in North America, especially in tier 10)

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCmKYhDzvo9DrX2em0AOSQJA  (a top player from the Russian server)

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCaEMWXXRap8K5IJPe7Z1iOg  (NA unicum with helpful commentary)

There are many others.

Some quick advice for the M48 Patton:

The M48 has the killer combination of a strong turret and great gun depression. You should always try to position yourself so that the enemies can only see your turret. Don’t ever trade shot for shot out in the open—always try to shoot enemies when they aren’t looking or are busy reloading. Never get hit unless you absolutely have to. Spot early in the game, then use hull down positions or flank. 

I_Maverick_I #4 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:31 PM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 18005 battles
  • [_V_]

Okay, you have a few options.

1. Stop playing Tier X. 

2. Continue playing Tier X and get insulted. 

Tier X is not an easy learning ground. You have to put together all of your skills and knowledge that you have learned in the previous tiers and apply it to your gameplay.

The M48 Patton is a good tank. In fact, other than the IS-7, it is one of the best "noob-friendly" tanks that you can have at Tier X. It is a very balanced tank. 

Pros:

-Solid turret armor (basically invincible)

-Decent gun depression

-Decent upper plate

Cons:

-Somewhat sluggish mobility 

-Rear and side armor is terrible

Notice that I didn't really include the gun anywhere in the pros or cons. The gun is good, but it doesn't excel in anything really except penetration. 

Here's how you want to play it pretty much every game: use the good turret armor and gun depression to your advantage. Hills are your friend. 

DM for more info if you want.

Techincal Difficulties

HomeyYaDawg #5 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:32 PM

Private

• Players
  • 6000 battles
  • [IMINT]

Technically, the Chieftan Mk. 6 was my first tier X, and I got it from just one crate.  I hated it, so I sold it to get my M48, along with the T-54 light weight.  I'll finish up my HW and battle again using the mentioned turret technique.

Should I have sold the Chieftan?

Also what kinda sucks about tier X is that I can't really go 2v5 or 3v5.  It's hard to fend off full-health FVs with a 500-health M48 and a handful of low health TDs and maybe a heavy tank that's on the other side of the map.  I get myself into bad situations easily with tier X.

Edited by MARBPIE, 03 June 2018 - 11:35 PM.

tankeatingtiger #6 Posted 03 June 2018 - 11:40 PM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 14479 battles
  • [COD]

View PostMARBPIE, on 03 June 2018 - 06:32 PM, said:

Technically, the Chieftan Mk. 6 was my first tier X, and I got it from just one crate.  I hated it, so I sold it to get my M48, along with the T-54 light weight.  I'll finish up my HW and battle again using the mentioned turret technique.

Also what kinda sucks about tier X is that I can't really go 2v5 or 3v5.  It's hard to fend off full-health FVs with a 500-health M48 and a handful of low health TDs and maybe a heavy tank that's on the other side of the map.  I get myself into bad situations easily with tier X.

No. You should never sell premiums.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

zeur0sis #7 Posted 04 June 2018 - 01:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18822 battles
  • [-1]

View PostMARBPIE, on 03 June 2018 - 06:32 PM, said:

Well.  Since there are people spending hundreds of dollars for a “chance” to get it.   No.   You probably shouldn’t of sold it.  

"Mm sucks just like u r face.    Now Go cry on tissue not here." ~ raj

I_Maverick_I #8 Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:10 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 18005 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostMARBPIE, on 03 June 2018 - 03:32 PM, said:

okay look kid. here is what you are going to do.

go to Wargaming Support. Here is the link to their "Create a Ticket" thing. https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wotb/help/367/368/

You're going to scroll down all the way to the bottom and tap/click "Create a Ticket". Your ticket is going to get your Chieftain Mk. 6 back if you follow these steps. 

Fill in the information that the boxes ask for. To get your tank back, you will need a few things:

-the amount of Credits that you sold the Chieftain for. Gonna be about 6 million Credits or so.

-one empty garage slot.

-and you can not have already gotten a tank back this year through this ticket process. and this will be your only chance to get ONE tank back this year. You can only get back 1 tank per year by sending in tickets. So DO NOT SELL ANY MORE PREMIUM TANKS THIS YEAR.

It will take anywhere from a day to a week to get your tank back. WG Customer Support will reply back to your ticket first before giving the tank back to verify that you have the necessary things to get your tank back.

So for the love of God, PLEASE do not sell premium tanks. There is pretty much no reason to do so. 

Techincal Difficulties

_The_Tactition_ #9 Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:13 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 18556 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Hull down when possible but always move back and forth because your turret can and will be penetrated at times. Upper plate is decent but doesn’t it use it unless you have to and always angle up. Mobility is decent but not great and your camo is pretty poor for a medium.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Copsde5735 #10 Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:30 AM

Private

• Players
  • 4516 battles
  • [PRAMO]
Succy succy wang kang wang kang, just go hull down, dont poke with hull, use cs over rammer (calibrated shells), find higher ground as you can dominate enemies and you can risk shots with somewhat reliable turret. The turret isn’t completely invincible, you still have to keep moving back and forth to make you’re cupola harder to hit. When you meet a large caliber gun, dont risk a poke unless it isnt looking at you. The acceleration is decent, the traverse is quite good, but top speed is below avg, so you will need to find good spots in a map. Other than that, dumb idea to sell chieftain, unlike u, i got mine on the 52nd crate

Edited by Copsde5735, 04 June 2018 - 03:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users