Limit tiers by # of battles

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

hul_steel #1 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23668 battles
  • [419]
Wallet warriors are the #1 problem in this game. Developers need to limit what tier someone can play by # of battles they have. Let them go ahead and buy a higher tier tank but not be able to use it until a set number of battles have been played. This will not limit PROFITS for the developers but will cause the players to be anxious to play enough to get to the next level. it will not cure the entire wallet warrior problem since some are too young to play no matter what and some are just.....I don't know what. I am fairly confident developers WILL NOT DO THIS BECAUSE THIER #1 MOTIVE IS PROFIT $. They need to think about the people who play their game instead of just themselves. I often have my clan members tell me they think about quitting because of this and other problems that NEVER get addressed. 

AstonM007 #2 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:14 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17456 battles
  • [MOM3]

"Wallet Warriors are the #1 problem in this game"??

As a Wallet Warrior, I thought we were the #1 reason you get to play for free.  :popcorn:

I get what you are saying though, it's hard for some not to buy nice shiny things in upper tiers and jump into games without the skill to pull it off.

Fortunately,  these folks land on both teams, not just one.

And..... you're welcome.

As an afterthought:  According to Blitzstars, you're spending (pardon the pun) most of your time at tier 4.  Are you really running into Wallet Warriors there? lol           https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/hul_steel

Edited by AstonM007, 05 June 2018 - 08:49 PM.

BluesAllDay #3 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7950 battles
  • [SRV]
     I always felt it should be more of a promotion. You have completed what you needed to complete, here’s your stripe. As it is now there is nothing to strive for that I can see. It’s a free for all with no clear objective. 

Only_Monica #4 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:21 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 26262 battles
  • [MSELF]

I am a wallet warrior, I keep the game F2P.

We aren't the problem, the problem is the 10 year olds using mom's credit card.

By battle is stupid, I want someone who knows what they are doing, make it by WN8 and WN7

BorisBaddenov #5 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:26 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 20539 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Posthul_steel, on 05 June 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

Wallet warriors are the #1 problem in this game. Developers need to limit what tier someone can play by # of battles they have. Let them go ahead and buy a higher tier tank but not be able to use it until a set number of battles have been played. This will not limit PROFITS for the developers but will cause the players to be anxious to play enough to get to the next level. it will not cure the entire wallet warrior problem since some are too young to play no matter what and some are just.....I don't know what. I am fairly confident developers WILL NOT DO THIS BECAUSE THIER #1 MOTIVE IS PROFIT $. They need to think about the people who play their game instead of just themselves. I often have my clan members tell me they think about quitting because of this and other problems that NEVER get addressed. 

Wow .. you really don't understand how things work do you?

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

BluesAllDay #6 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7950 battles
  • [SRV]
     No money=No game

slayer_____ #7 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:48 PM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 34482 battles
  • [ATA2D]
How do you limit the new player that gets the MK6 in a crate?

Strigonx #8 Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:04 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2701 battles
  • [XWING]
Make a limit to sh1tpoasts by OP

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

BluesAllDay #9 Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7950 battles
  • [SRV]

View PostStrigonx, on 05 June 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

Make a limit to sh1tpoasts by OP

That should actually be quite easy. Make the player qualify the tank. Not drive to the circle and shoot the target.

I’m sorry, my thumb wasn’t working I actually meant to quote the quote above the quote I quoted. 

Edited by BluesAllDay, 05 June 2018 - 09:24 PM.

ahredstealth #10 Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:37 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 18423 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Posthul_steel, on 05 June 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

F2P are the #1 problem in this game. Freeloading players need to limit what What they complain about in something they play for free. Let them go ahead and Fund the game and then they can complain about stuff they want fixed. This will not limit Fun for the Players but will cause the Developer to have more money to spend on staff and content in the game. it will not cure the entire "I want this feature and it's not been added yet" problem since some People just ask for everything and others are just never satisfied. I am fairly confident F2P Players WILL NOT DO THIS BECAUSE THEIR #1 MOTIVE IS Themselves and their fun. They need to think about the people who play their game instead of just themselves. I often have my clan members tell me they think about quitting because of this and other problems that NEVER get addressed. 

I did a thing.

Dear Naps,

I'm sorry I was mean to you in Kindergarten.
Sincerely Sorry,
ahredstealth

Kiser_Sosei #11 Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:39 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 26016 battles
  • [III]

View Posthul_steel, on 05 June 2018 - 02:04 PM, said:

Wallet warriors are the #1 problem in this game. Developers need to limit what tier someone can play by # of battles they have. Let them go ahead and buy a higher tier tank but not be able to use it until a set number of battles have been played.

Not the real solution. Anyone can play a certain number of games and still be bad.

The solution is some modest tier skill limitations. The people not interested can stay in the tiers they want to and those who want to have a modicum of skill can move up. WG can find ways to sell to all tier levels. So it would not restrict sales at all. WG is dumb in this regard.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

Dan_Deerso #12 Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 18924 battles
  • [MOMS]

Mind taking a gander at MARABD? He's got 77,500 games or so, <0.8 damage ratio, <45% win ratio. Also, his only premiums are low tier or event-based. Mildly surprised he doesn't have a Stridsvagn 74A2 as well, I think that was an event tank. Not judging him at all, just trying to point out that some people aren't good at this game, whether it's injury or illness or age or what have you. Basically, even if they implement some sort of battle count lock, some less than ideal players will still rush up the tech tree.

Oh, and you may have heard of a certain Player_###### account from Asia. Close to 138,000 games, and fifteen tier 10's. The catch? I'm fairly certain the person behind the account has only been present for maybe a tenth of those games. Basic "botting" can be accomplished by simply setting up a PC (Blitz can run on laptops from over a decade ago) and a macro to hit "Escape" (to exit battle results screens) then click "Battle" once every seven minutes or so. That sure doesn't take a rocket scientist. Expect a surge of those if you make the entrance to higher tiers gated by something as a half baked moronic idea as battle count.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users