• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

gunshotx #21 Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:50 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16536 battles
  • [SR-71]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 07 June 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Oh, a person that is a fan of the highest profile team. Man U fans are the equivalent of those Yankee/Lakers/Cowboys fans that grew up in Toledo.

I'll watch soccer when they learn how to run a clock and stop faking injuries every 5 minutes.

Why do people always talk crap on soccer? As someone born and raised in the United States, I personally find soccer to be a very exciting sport. It’s nonstop action rather than stop/go/stop/go (*cough cough* football *cough cough*). 

Personally I’m currently divided between Chelsea and Bayern... time will tell who I end up rooting for though.

slayer_____ #22 Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:22 PM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 34482 battles
  • [ATA2D]

View PostTJFbleu, on 07 June 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

oh can you shut up already? the amount of little whingers that cry about the free stuff WG is giving them isnt the free stuff that they want is just pathetic...

How about you stop commenting on people's comments. This place is a forum, open for opinions and ideas. You will hear negativity about spare parts until the game ends. Deal with it or stay off the forums. 

Ookla_the_Mok #23 Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:24 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 25807 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostTJFbleu, on 07 June 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

Aren't you a ray of sunshine? Sure seem to have a tape on everyone...

You don't see the comedy in asking for a rundown of favorite clubs leading off with Man U? 

View Postgunshotx, on 07 June 2018 - 10:50 AM, said:

Why do people always talk crap on soccer? As someone born and raised in the United States, I personally find soccer to be a very exciting sport. It’s nonstop action rather than stop/go/stop/go (*cough cough* football *cough cough*). 

Personally I’m currently divided between Chelsea and Bayern... time will tell who I end up rooting for though.

Cool, you like soccer and I do not. I can watch the crap out of hockey, which emphasizes the same concepts of spacing, passing, good vs meh scoring chances, fluid defense, etc. You hate football and I love it. I don't know why it offends you personally that I thinks soccer is lame as I don't care if you like football.

Anyway, my favorite thing about English soccer is that they spent three decades playing the long passing game and got wrecked in international competition with this style. Why? They followed a deeply flawed statistical analysis that essentially looked at scoring chances from the exact wrong direction. Good times. Of course, they now play the possession and push game like the rest of the world, but what a 30 year run of "oops."

tweek_1 #24 Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10219 battles
  • [LMFA0]
What's soccer?

BrickSniper33A #25 Posted 07 June 2018 - 06:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 57 battles

The event looks pretty simple despite all the currencies. Just a straight, sweat and elbow grease grind. My only issue with this event, are the camos. Don't get me wrong, they look great. But basically saying "Pay money and you can get the tank for free easier", could the be a better definition for oxymoron? 

On the note of my team affiliation. I have never in my life had any interest in sports. I have 0 knowledge about any sports, sports teams, or sports rules. Which should definitely make things "fun" now that everyone I know in the game is gonna be going on and on about the championships. :child:

Edited by BrickSniper33A, 07 June 2018 - 06:59 PM.

In civilized countries saying Star Wars is better than Dr. Who and Star Trek SHOULD be punishable by death.

https://www.blitzsta...m/BrickSniper33

WipWapJaws #26 Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:36 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 37098 battles
  • [WKD]

Grew up in the UK as a kid and Nottingham Forrest was the closest and became my team.

When I moved back to the UK as an adult I just enjoyed going to matches. Fortunately with my work at the time I had access to tickets for most of the London teams.  My soft spot was for the early 00s  Leeds team with Kewel and that Arsenal team of 2002-04.  Also been fortunate to attend the 2006 World Cup in Germany and go to a number of the South American qualifiers for 2014.

iRaikkonen #27 Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:10 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25463 battles
  • [C7_R]

View Postslayer_____, on 07 June 2018 - 12:23 PM, said:

Only 5000 spare parts, 0 from last event. Working as intended, lame! 

how do you not have spare parts? I have 500k sitting in my garage 

iRaikkonen #28 Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25463 battles
  • [C7_R]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 07 June 2018 - 03:52 PM, said:

Oh, a person that is a fan of the highest profile team. Man U fans are the equivalent of those Yankee/Lakers/Cowboys fans that grew up in Toledo.

I'll watch soccer when they learn how to run a clock and stop faking injuries every 5 minutes.

You seem like the type of person who sat the bench a lot growing up and were only there because your parents made you go

WipWapJaws #29 Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:22 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 37098 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostiRaikkonen, on 08 June 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

Pff rookie..... 1.3million :teethhappy:

Ookla_the_Mok #30 Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:08 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 25807 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostiRaikkonen, on 07 June 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

You seem like the type of person who sat the bench a lot growing up and were only there because your parents made you go

A few sensitive soccer fans in this thread.

I took a shot at Ribble and he will either ignore or reply in the wee hours of the morning with one of his patented burns. If you want to see true vitriol, ask a Brit soccer fan how they feel about the glut of foreign Man U. fans and my comment will look quaint by comparison.

The issues with stoppage time and diving are real. Watch the upcoming games at the highest level of competition and the broadcast will mention it - it is not me making it up. Stoppage time will be debated and concessions will be made that the broadcasters and fans have no idea what number will be arrived at. I know the phantom injuries have been mitigated lately, but it will happen and be discussed on the broadcast.

75th_Division_Commander #31 Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:38 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6367 battles
  • [1SSP]
Can't wait for the CDC

Fav tanks: KV 1S, Cromwell, KV 1, AT 2, SU85B, SU 100Y, SU 152, Panther/M10, E 25, Kuro Mori Mine, Hetzer, T6 Dracula, Helsing HO, Maus, Angry Connor

Hated tanks: Matilda, T150, pzjager 1, PZ IV Anko, Vindicator UM, Churchill 1, SU 85, SU 100

iRaikkonen #32 Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:39 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25463 battles
  • [C7_R]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 07 June 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

I took a shot at Ribble and he will either ignore or reply in the wee hours of the morning with one of his patented burns. If you want to see true vitriol, ask a Brit soccer fan how they feel about the glut of foreign Man U. fans and my comment will look quaint by comparison.

The issues with stoppage time and diving are real. Watch the upcoming games at the highest level of competition and the broadcast will mention it - it is not me making it up. Stoppage time will be debated and concessions will be made that the broadcasters and fans have no idea what number will be arrived at. I know the phantom injuries have been mitigated lately, but it will happen and be discussed on the broadcast.

I may be wrong here but, no one forced you to watch it. If you don’t like it, then don’t watch and keep it to yourself. 

Ookla_the_Mok #33 Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:54 AM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 25807 battles
  • [BRSKT]

View PostiRaikkonen, on 07 June 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

I may be wrong here but, no one forced you to watch it. If you don’t like it, then don’t watch and keep it to yourself. 

I may be wrong here, but no one forced you to read my post. If you don't like it, then don't read it and keep it to yourself.

RibbleStripe #34 Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:40 AM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 237 battles

View Postzulton55, on 07 June 2018 - 06:12 PM, said:

Locally I am a fan of the Seattle Sounders.

International, Team USA.

Ribble, will there be an in game indication of what nations should be played during the event, or will it only be on the announcement?

You can play any nation you want during entire event. But if you use special camo for certain Blitz-time nation you'll get more fan's pins. And yes, there will be a button with a nation reminder.
Discord - RibbleStripe#2701

RibbleStripe #35 Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:42 AM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 237 battles

View PostLordManaz, on 07 June 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

it mean a Panamá​ camouflage?

For each Blitz-time nation - USSR, UK, USA, Germany, Japan.

RibbleStripe #36 Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:01 AM

Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 237 battles

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 07 June 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 08 June 2018 - 02:08 AM, said:

So what? ) 
Should i care if someone criticize my preferences? I don't think so.

Anyway, let's stick to the event. 

slayer_____ #37 Posted 08 June 2018 - 12:00 PM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 34482 battles
  • [ATA2D]

View PostiRaikkonen, on 07 June 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

I have almost 200k, I was referring to the event reward offering, this one and the last. 

Derpomagix #38 Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11470 battles
  • [YUMY]
If you die, do the soccer balls get popped?

Derpomagix (formerly PlaneCrazy01)

Just in case you're wondering... I'm plain crazy and I'm not born in 2001. Thats all I'm saying.

"To improve is to change. To be perfect is to change often." - Winston Churchill, when addressing a large crowd of noobs and TD drivers.

That bush is popular... which is why I fire at it at the start of the game... so don't sit there.

"Boom! One day your tank goes boom! Boom! BOOM!!!!" - Thompson and Thomson

Only_Monica #39 Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:35 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 26255 battles
  • [MSELF]

I don't watch soccer but I have Childhood memories of playing soccer.

I have played a couple years ago, and I love to play it but watching it is just not my thing, honestly I feel that way about all the sports but I do like to play soccer.

I don't know who any of the teams are but I know it's a big event for others, so I look forward to it.

wrecker1968 #40 Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:58 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30334 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View PostOokla_the_Mok, on 07 June 2018 - 11:08 PM, said:

OH  NO    here we go again.:facepalm:          LOL

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users