Whats the right mix? Light tanks

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

_GraceToo #1 Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 46680 battles
  • [NOGUD]

OK, now that we have s parts out of the way, there's no reason not to fill up those last two equipment slots.  Both of them are interesting to think about wrt how they complement consumables you have mounted on a tank.  Does what those slots offer change how people think about the consumables they run?

Light tanks, for example.  I'm going to start by filling up the last two slots on the light tanks I enjoy playing.  I typically run Repair Kit, Multi-Purpose Restoration Pack, and Adrenaline ... because tracking is the major concern.  But now that I can have stronger tracks and faster cool down, does that change things?  For light tanks, probably not.  I'm inclined to go with faster repair and longer booster duration to help out the adrenaline.

I haven't thought about medium and heavy tanks as much, but others probably have.  Love to hear people's thoughts.

Grumpy__Pirate #2 Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29661 battles
  • [STPLR]

I can’t wait to hear people’s thoughts as well, and I’m glad we are now, finally in a position to have this conversation.

Kudos to Wargaming for righting a wrong.

Toolan #3 Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

I still yolo

• Players
  • 51308 battles
Slot 9 is extremely overpriced. 

Player_39363936 #4 Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 69551 battles
  • [EWENS]

I still don’t see the point of 8 or 9 ...

I won’t be filling them in.

Minecraftexpert_25 #5 Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:54 PM

Not a Unicum

• Players
  • 32210 battles
  • [PRAMO]
I never fill in those slots unless it's a tank that is used in tournaments. For everything else vstabs is the only third tier equipment I would thoroughly recommend.

January 28, 2016- The day Alo8ight moved on in his life from WG and WoTB. You will be missed o7.

March 27, 2017- Dogface takes over as senior producer for WoTB. Fate of Senator_Ratbat unknown.

Block Quote

"The darker the purple, the darker the soul." - Ancient WG proverb. -CrimsonMG

Up up down left right down up left left down <-----my super MLG pro strats 420 no scope headshot hacks (no credit to ksftwe whatsoever)

_GraceToo #6 Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:23 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 46680 battles
  • [NOGUD]

Having just experimented with Enhanced Tracks, I have to conclude it does absolutely nothing.  Numerous times my tracks were damaged (yellow but tank could still move) and de-tracked (red, no movement).  With this equipment mounted, nothing changed.  So if something is getting helped by this equipment, it's completely unclear what it is, and it also doesn't seem to affect game play.  (If anyone actually understands, please let us know.)  So for the 8th slot, I'd suggest repair speed.  Which makes it worthless on light tanks mostly because I already run two repair kits ...

Edited by Rage_And_Love, 09 June 2018 - 03:23 PM.

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #7 Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13513 battles
  • [HATED]

View PostRage_And_Love, on 09 June 2018 - 09:23 AM, said:

Having just experimented with Enhanced Tracks, I have to conclude it does absolutely nothing.  Numerous times my tracks were damaged (yellow but tank could still move) and de-tracked (red, no movement).  With this equipment mounted, nothing changed.  So if something is getting helped by this equipment, it's completely unclear what it is, and it also doesn't seem to affect game play.  (If anyone actually understands, please let us know.)  So for the 8th slot, I'd suggest repair speed.  Which makes it worthless on light tanks mostly because I already run two repair kits ...

The enhanced tracks provide essentially no advantage. When a non-enhanced track is damaged and repaired without using a repair kit, it its not repaired to 100% HP (you can tell because even when you are able to move, your tracks are still yellow). What enhanced tracks do is when the normal repairing process finishes, the track is at 100% HP and not yellow. However, it does not do this any quicker, and so the advantage it provides is almost nonexistent. 

_GraceToo #8 Posted 09 June 2018 - 03:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 46680 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 09 June 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

The enhanced tracks provide essentially no advantage. When a non-enhanced track is damaged and repaired without using a repair kit, it its not repaired to 100% HP (you can tell because even when you are able to move, your tracks are still yellow). What enhanced tracks do is when the normal repairing process finishes, the track is at 100% HP and not yellow. However, it does not do this any quicker, and so the advantage it provides is almost nonexistent. 

Thanks.  That's as mystifying as what improved armor does.  Appreciate the explanation.

Wombeer #9 Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:35 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28927 battles
  • [HRNET]
Do yellow tracks hurt your traverse speed? I haven’t really noticed a huge difference, but it would be nice to know definitely. Either way, with repair box on all tanks, I think I might make the leap to carrying multi/adrenaline/engine boost as consumables on all my tanks. Should be a fun new challenge

solace__ #10 Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16411 battles

View PostRage_And_Love, on 09 June 2018 - 08:32 AM, said:

Thanks.  That's as mystifying as what improved armor does.  Appreciate the explanation.

It also increases track durability, by how much i have no idea

Untrust______ #11 Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 80475 battles
  • [FILTH]
Having multiple tanks fully kitted with 9 slots. I run the tool box for faster repair speed. Reason is it speeds repair to multiple modules not just tracks. And I also run faster cooldown. this lets me use my adrenaline and engine boost more often . Some will say those two slots are not worth the price. I say it's only credits/sparts spend them if you got em! When you run out grind more. Every advantage is worth it.

" If u like your salt you can keep your salt " 

minitel_NA #12 Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:21 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

The 8th slot I rarely equip. The only reason [is to be able] to open the 9th slot, which is usefull for good players or extremely competitive games, but expensive (because u need to pay everything before).

[edit as mentioned before u don’t need to open 8 to get 9... don’t write posts late at night … what was I thinking XD ]

Before we talk about 8th slot we need to remember that tracks like all models have their own hit box and hitploints and hit probability.

for tracks it’s easy because the hitbox is basically the shape of the tracks ( sometimes a solid box sometimes hollowed between wheels like most Russians or American) and the probability of being hit is 100% ( ie they take damage every time they are hit instead of 27 for the gun), and except for the hitpiints which are hidden, u need armor inspector to see them.

the 8th slot is the choice between

1. Modules that repair faster. except maybe for Dracula, because on all other tanks I use 2 repair kits which insta-brings them back to new condition. Therefore it’s a no brainer.
  2. tracks that last longer, and repair to standard condition. The first part means that  in fact the tracks receive an inflated hitpoint pool. It’s quite usefull for tanks with large track hp pool, it will become extremely hard to break them, like maybe 3 shots instead of 2. Think of a tank where you will sidescrap a lot, or on TDs when everyone tries to track u and 2 repair kits might not be enough on occasion. If u have tiny tracks the increased hp will not be enough to prevent people from depleting the hp entirely and get you immobilized. On small light tanks, for exemple, it might come as just useless. The second part means that the self repair will restore the entirety of the initial hp instead of only to an intermediate “repaired” state. But nobody lets the tracks self repair when u have a repair kit, except maybe Dracula.

as you see on selected tanks, it’s useful.

for the rest, it is a mostly unnoticeable buff that only allows to get the 9th slot.

9th slot :

repair kits more often !

engine boost more often ! (Mostly on autoloaders)

adrenaline more often ! Yummy.

If you are giong to the wire, you will enjoy the 9th slot. If you have mostly very average stats, you won’t really get to get any benefit. Like if you make less than 2000 damage which is  3-4 shots in a russian tank, what would  multiple adrenaline help achieve  ? 

Edited by minitel_NA, 10 June 2018 - 06:51 AM.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

_GraceToo #13 Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 46680 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postminitel_NA, on 09 June 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

The 8th slot I rarely equip. The only reason is to be able to open the 9th slot, which is usefull for good players or extremely competitive games, but expensive (because u need to pay everything before, especially 8)

Before we talk about 8th slot we need to remember that tracks like all models have their own hit box and hitploints and hit probability.

for tracks it’s easy because the hitbox is basically the shape of the tracks ( sometimes a solid box sometimes hollowed between wheels like most Russians or American) and the probability of being hit is 100% ( ie they take damage every time they are hit instead of 27 for the gun), and except for the hitpiints which are hidden, u need armor inspector to see them.

the 8th slot is the choice between

1. Modules that repair faster. except maybe for Dracula, because on all other tanks I use 2 repair kits which insta-brings them back to new condition. Therefore it’s a no brainer.
  2. tracks that last longer, and repair to standard condition. The first part means that  in fact the tracks receive an inflated hitpoint pool. It’s quite usefull for tanks with large track hp pool, it will become extremely hard to break them, like maybe 3 shots instead of 2. Think of a tank where you will sidescrap a lot, or on TDs when everyone tries to track u and 2 repair kits might not be enough on occasion. If u have tiny tracks the increased hp will not be enough to prevent people from depleting the hp entirely and get you immobilized. On small light tanks, for exemple, it might come as just useless. The second part means that the self repair will restore the entirety of the initial hp instead of only to an intermediate “repaired” state. But nobody lets the tracks self repair when u have a repair kit, except maybe Dracula.

as you see on selected tanks, it’s useful.

for the rest, it is a mostly unnoticeable buff that only allows to get the 9th slot.

9th slot :

repair kits more often !

engine boost more often ! (Mostly on autoloaders)

adrenaline more often ! Yummy.

If you are giong to the wire, you will enjoy the 9th slot. If you have mostly very average stats, you won’t really get to get any benefit. Like if you make less than 2000 damage which is  3-4 shots in a russian tank, what would  multiple adrenaline help achieve  ? 

Thank you.  That's an exceptional post.  

I ran across this looking for info: http://forum.wotblit...o-38-equipment/

It's dated (they adjusted the equipment values at some point) but still a pretty good basic guide.  Sadly, it looks like Sileverns stopped playing.  Someone should tell him about the news ..

vvk2 #14 Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:32 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 71788 battles
  • [SPUDX]

Just to be clear you don't need to unlock slot 8 to unlock slot 9. 

Slot 9 is a nice bonus, but very expensive indeed. I have it on a few tanks (All 9-10 and bunch of lower tiers too) but only because I could afford it (I am a very slow grinder while my battle count is high so my SP supply was fine).  

Slot 8 is weird: the track part that is. I always have it on the repair speed up, but I did try to use the track option a bit. Based on my limited experience, it doesn't repair the tracks to the fully working status if the tracks get non-crit damage. i.e. they are yellow. It only works if the tracks get critically damaged to the red status, then they will get repair to the yellow and immediately become green. Or so they should as what I noticed it is inconsistent: it doesn't always work. Sometimes the tracks go from red to yellow and stay there. I am not sure why. I did this before the replies became available so I didn't really pay much attention and simply decided to switch back to the repair speed up. Just my 0.02c. 

minitel_NA #15 Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:53 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 454 battles
  • [EUREF]

View Postvvk2, on 10 June 2018 - 12:32 AM, said:

Just to be clear you don't need to unlock slot 8 to unlock slot 9. 

Slot 9 is a nice bonus, but very expensive indeed. I have it on a few tanks (All 9-10 and bunch of lower tiers too) but only because I could afford it (I am a very slow grinder while my battle count is high so my SP supply was fine).  

Slot 8 is weird: the track part that is. I always have it on the repair speed up, but I did try to use the track option a bit. Based on my limited experience, it doesn't repair the tracks to the fully working status if the tracks get non-crit damage. i.e. they are yellow. It only works if the tracks get critically damaged to the red status, then they will get repair to the yellow and immediately become green. Or so they should as what I noticed it is inconsistent: it doesn't always work. Sometimes the tracks go from red to yellow and stay there. I am not sure why. I did this before the replies became available so I didn't really pay much attention and simply decided to switch back to the repair speed up. Just my 0.02c. 

Ooof thanks for the correction ... I wrote late at night and lol I dunno why I wrote that :)

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

Fu_Manchu_ #16 Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11501 battles
  • [CLEAR]
As an aggressive player who takes far too much damage, I really like the faster repair because it allows me to save my repair kit and wait for the tracks to repair themselves (unless I'm taking fire).

AKA HanYolo_.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users