Gun rammer or calibrated shells for KV-13 ?

KV-13

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Gun rammer or calibrated shells for the KV-13 ? (17 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Gun rammer or calibrated shells?

1. Gun rammer for an even higher dpm! (12 votes [70.59%])

Percentage of vote: 70.59%

2. Calibrated shells for some good pen when you're low tier! (5 votes [29.41%])

Percentage of vote: 29.41%

Vote Hide poll

ZebraUp #1 Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:58 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16667 battles
  • [_UF_]

Hi Y'all !

I have taken a shine to my KV-13 (84 battles with a 63% winrate) and decided to open some equipment slots on it and I am wondering which is the better route to go on the first one.. gun rammer or calibrated shells??

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

ahredstealth #2 Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:59 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

Decent armor and meh pen would make me lean more toward adding extra penetration over shooting more.

But that's just me.

Edited by ahredstealth, 12 June 2018 - 04:59 PM.

Today I went to the bathroom and forgot my phone.

There are 256 tiles in the bathroom...

Strigonx #3 Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3918 battles
  • [_STR8]

The benefit gained from calibrated shells is so marginal it doesn't outweight the additional DPM granted by the gun rammer.

Only run calibrated shells if your gun can fire HEAT and has reasonably high DPM

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

ZebraUp #4 Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16667 battles
  • [_UF_]
But doesn't just one bounce negate the whole dpm stat? So wouldn't an even slightly increased chance of not bouncing outweigh a slight increase in dpm?

Edited by ZebraUp, 12 June 2018 - 05:09 PM.

Strigonx #5 Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:20 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3918 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostZebraUp, on 12 June 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

But doesn't just one bounce negate the whole dpm stat? So wouldn't an even slightly increased chance of not bouncing outweigh a slight increase in dpm?

the increase in pen is so marginal its a waste, and in the end, there's pen rolls.

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

_Weeping_Angel_ #6 Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:56 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 42585 battles
  • [501DV]
Most of the time it is med vs med and lights.  What tanks are you having trouble penning?  If you think you need the extra pen to take on a heavy they you are doing it wrong.  You should not have to take on a heavy straight up until the end of a match and by then hopefully you can get beside or behind him to pen easier.

Jonny_applesauce #7 Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6303 battles
  • [CLEAR]
*has a 63% winrate without the first equipment slot*

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #8 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10049 battles
  • [COD]

View PostZebraUp, on 12 June 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

Here's the thing, how do you know CS made the difference between bouncing or not? For example, let's say you've got 100mm of pen w/out CS and 105mm of pen w/ CS. The only situation in which CS will make a difference is when the enemy armor is exactly between 100 and 105 mm of armor. If the enemy armor is less than 100mm, CS is a waste. If the armor is greater than 105mm, CS is also a waste. This is then made hazy by the +/- 15mm of pen on each shot. 

I love nothing more / Than my beautiful, succulent chins . . .

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Looking for a tournament clan? Click here.

ahredstealth #9 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:45 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

From my time in the KV-13, I remember much more moving, wiggling, bouncing of shots, and fighting the abysmal depression than rifling off shot after shot after shot.  It was not a Comet.

And I remember bouncing.  Other tanks bounced a fair amount of shots.

I also recall it being kinda slow.  I recall being alive last often, and having to clean up whatever was left.  Be it a light, a medium, a heavy, multiple tanks, three heavies, etc etc.

Seeing as it was kinda slow, I always remembered relocating and getting to soft spots was not as easy as just doing that in other mediums, so any pen increase would be welcomed.

Again, I could be wrong on all of that.  It's just what I remember.

And for the record, I also only managed an 80% win rate.

That would be based off taking roughly averaged out 13 shots a game.  If you can't manage that without a Rammer, then a Rammer is probably necessary.  I didn't math out the DPM difference between the two options, but I'd imagine 13 shots a game would be doable without a rammer.

So yeah, I remember spending much more time up front, bouncing shots, YoLo'ing for spots, re-grouping, and ducking in and out of cover, all while struggling with depression issues.  (The gun kind, not the medication/seek help kind)  I don't recall a pile of games where I could just pop off shot after shot after shot as fast as my adrenaline addled loader could pop shells in the cannon like a toddler pops PEZ.

And it could be different now.  :Shrug:

Good Luck with whatever you decide!

Gladsfur #10 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 62732 battles
  • [INRI]
The rammer only helps if your pressing the fire button exactly on your reload. If you think you will be in that position alot then use rammer. If not then use CS for the increased pen. It’s really a personal preference. 

ZebraUp #11 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:54 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16667 battles
  • [_UF_]

Jeeez this is a tough one! Some really good players give valid arguments for each choice. The votes say rammer, but prior to posting this i was leaning towards calibrated shells.

I'm in a dilemma. Maybe i should just flip a coin?

Edited by ZebraUp, 13 June 2018 - 03:48 AM.

Gavidoc01 #12 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:04 AM

I Golded Level III

• Players
  • 34896 battles
  • [III]
Unlike ahredstealth I only managed a 70% wr with calibrated shells. That’s my recommendation. The tank is too slow to take advantage of the reduced reload speed. 

My Blitzstars

My WOTBStars

I'm a Wallet Warrior. Deal with it.

Gavidoc01 #13 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:08 AM

I Golded Level III

• Players
  • 34896 battles
  • [III]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 12 June 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

Here's the thing, how do you know CS made the difference between bouncing or not? For example, let's say you've got 100mm of pen w/out CS and 105mm of pen w/ CS. The only situation in which CS will make a difference is when the enemy armor is exactly between 100 and 105 mm of armor. If the enemy armor is less than 100mm, CS is a waste. If the armor is greater than 105mm, CS is also a waste. This is then made hazy by the +/- 15mm of pen on each shot. 

CS adds a benefit even with sub 100mm armor for the very reason of the potential -15mm. Which is better, 85 or 90? You want more chances to bounce or fewer chances of missing? I’ll go for fewer chances of missing in a slow medium. Higher dpm isn’t the end all be all with a low penning gun on a slower tank. Quality damage is what it’s all about not quantity in those instances. 

Edited by Gavidoc01, 13 June 2018 - 04:10 AM.

My Blitzstars

My WOTBStars

I'm a Wallet Warrior. Deal with it.

ahredstealth #14 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:28 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostZebraUp, on 12 June 2018 - 08:54 PM, said:

Jeeez this is a tough one! Some really good players give valid arguments for each choice. The votes say rammer, but prior to posting this i was leaning towards calibrated shells.

I'm in a dilemma. Maybe i should just flip a coin?

Perhaps I'm confused on how the new system works, but you can just switch them back and forth right?

Try it both ways.  Play a few games, then switch and play a few more.

It's probably more Placebo effect than anything else, honestly.

View PostGavidoc01, on 12 June 2018 - 10:04 PM, said:

Unlike ahredstealth I only managed a 70% wr with calibrated shells. That’s my recommendation. The tank is too slow to take advantage of the reduced reload speed. 

And also roughly 13 shots a game.  Interesting.

ZebraUp #15 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16667 battles
  • [_UF_]

View Postahredstealth, on 13 June 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

And also roughly 13 shots a game.  Interesting.

Well I can definitely see how I can improve in the tank.. I need to shoot more! Both of you have 11.something hits per battle whereas I am just below 9.

Just curious, where is the stat showing number of shots per battle? I didn't see it in either the game or BlitzStars.. or are you just roughly figuring it out from your accuracy #'s in relation to your hits per battle?

Mine is currently 81% accuracy, but I def ain't shooting enough compared to you two! (ahredstealth & Gavidoc01)

Edited by ZebraUp, 13 June 2018 - 04:32 PM.

BorisBaddenov #16 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:34 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22294 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostZebraUp, on 12 June 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

Hi Y'all !

I have taken a shine to my KV-13 (84 battles with a 63% winrate) and decided to open some equipment slots on it and I am wondering which is the better route to go on the first one.. gun rammer or calibrated shells??

Which one gives you more gun depression -- cuz .. that Kv-13 needs it :)

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

WouldChip #17 Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:44 PM

Mortem Fiat Vobis

• Players
  • 33770 battles
  • [III]

Not an expert on the KV-13, but I do have a thought when it comes to choosing between the two options. Most times I will start with the Rammer and see how it works out. If I find myself bouncing too many shots or having a difficult time penning what should or may be a weak spot, I will try CS. Switching between the two is easy enough, but I want to give myself the opportunity to max my DPM, unless I have too many issues penning.

This has resulted in running the Rammer about 80-90% of the time for me across my garage.

{¡¡¡}   Community Pledge Signer   {¡¡¡}

YouTube Channel

BlitzStars Profile

ahredstealth #18 Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:53 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostZebraUp, on 13 June 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

Well I can definitely see how I can improve in the tank.. I need to shoot more! Both of you have 11.something hits per battle whereas I am just below 9.

Just curious, where is the stat showing number of shots per battle? I didn't see it in either the game or BlitzStars.. or are you just roughly figuring it out from your accuracy #'s in relation to your hits per battle?

Mine is currently 81% accuracy, but I def ain't shooting enough compared to you two! (ahredstealth & Gavidoc01)

If you click on the tank in Blitz stars it tells you how many shots you've fired total.

Divide by number of games.

At least that's how I do it.  It may be calculated somewhere on that site.  It pretty much does everything but fold socks and wash windows.

And yes, it also tells you number of hits as well.  The number of shots is on the right side...  I think it tells you total number of hits on that side as well.

__Crusader6__ #19 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 54496 battles
  • [III]

This tanks cries out for CS...

I played mine pre 3.8 for 75% in 171 games.  

With the nerf’d 3.8 rammer and the extra armor a lot of folks run - the KV-13 will benefit more from penning more consistently. 

It’s not a T-43 or LTTB, it’s a Russian Meavy.  

Take the Pen.  

Tank Hoarder: 344 tanks in Garage:  347/347 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

TRIARII PLATINUM CARD WALLET WARRIORS - Funding your Blitz experience since 2014

ZebraUp #20 Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:09 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16667 battles
  • [_UF_]
Thanks Y'all for the advice.. I appreciate it!

Also tagged with KV-13

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users