Why does WOT always modify Maps against TDs?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

M7_Nutcracker #1 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30860 battles
  • [RM]

Every time there is a new map or mainly a revised map, this time I believe it was Vineyards,

they always take the hills or good line sites that will give a TD,s somewhat of a fighting chance away.

They always want to favor the light and medium tanks (mostly Russian tanks).

Having a little tanks run around  like a fly buzzing in your head is so unrealistic, when this game started they were more on the realism.

True tank battles  are either fouget straight on, or go to high elevations or hide behind a object,  usually again at a higher attitude to take advantage of a clear shot on their enemy’s, but world of tanks is not in favor of this for some ridiculous reason. 

A light tank and medium tank can take multiple shots at you and still cannot be seen, but you’re standing still hiding behind a bush or a rock and take one shot at them and not moving at all and all of a sudden your spot .

Now that’s unrealistic. 

tankeatingtiger #2 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:12 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 15447 battles
  • [_VB_]

View PostM7_Nutcracker, on 20 June 2018 - 09:08 PM, said:

Now that’s unrealistic. 

Says the man playing a pixel tank game with tanks from inconsistent years fighting each other, fantasy tanks that are crazy OP, magical healing consumables, and pink camos. Oh yeah, what about: loot chests with a *chance* to get tanks, capture circles, and worst of all, a Fury with no machine guns! :ohmy: #FixTheFury

Now ​that's unrealistic.

Edited by tankeatingtiger, 21 June 2018 - 02:14 AM.

YouTube Channel: 

https://www.youtube....tankeatingtiger

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

Defaultz #3 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:13 AM

Yolos get you Kolos

• Players
  • 26306 battles
Because td's are a parasite to the game. Even with "flat" maps and all your perceived grievances, tds comfortably rule tier 10.

M7_Nutcracker #4 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30860 battles
  • [RM]

Tankeatingtiger

I think you get my point. I know it’s a computer excellent game just trying to make a point.

tankeatingtiger #5 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:25 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 15447 battles
  • [_VB_]

View PostM7_Nutcracker, on 20 June 2018 - 09:18 PM, said:

Tankeatingtiger

I think you get my point. I know it’s a computer excellent game just trying to make a point.

yes, I get your point but do not agree.

With the way people camp in spawn with tds nowadays, giving them more bushes to sit in does not help matters. And like Defaultz said, tds are quite competitive already.

YouTube Channel: 

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

M7_Nutcracker #6 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30860 battles
  • [RM]

And they should rule the game, they are TDs (The name says it all  tank destroyers), They should be able to take one to two shots at the most and take out a light and medium tank.

I like playing a light and medium tank as much as everyone else, but they’re taken so much advantage away from TDS and  heavies  for that matter, and that’s my point. 

SpartacusDiablo #7 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:40 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 17585 battles
  • [III-P]
Is this a serious question?

Good players take RNG and MM into account when they make decisions in game.  They take what the game gives them and more often then not win in the end.  Bad players on the other hand come to the forum and whine because they are unable to adjust their playstyle to deal with the hand they have been dealt.  Don't be a bad player.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

tankeatingtiger #8 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:43 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 15447 battles
  • [_VB_]

View PostM7_Nutcracker, on 20 June 2018 - 09:27 PM, said:

And they should rule the game, they are TDs (The name says it all  tank destroyers), They should be able to take one to two shots at the most and take out a light and medium tank.

I like playing a light and medium tank as much as everyone else, but they’re taken so much advantage away from TDS and  heavies  for that matter, and that’s my point. 

there are numerous tanks that one and two shot tanks regularly (SU-152, Death Star) and do just fine 

YouTube Channel: 

-Blartch

tankeatingtiger #9 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:45 AM

Luvs His Hellkitty

• Players
  • 15447 battles
  • [_VB_]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 20 June 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

Is this a serious question?

Yes. 

Because we all can't get enough of those cancerous one shotters hiding in spawn.

YouTube Channel: 

-Blartch

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #10 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10272 battles
  • [COD]

View PostM7_Nutcracker, on 20 June 2018 - 08:18 PM, said:

Tankeatingtiger

The type of gameplay you described in the OP could be easily achieved by going town every match. There, battles are so 2-dimensional, they might as well be played in Super Smash Bros, so your wish of only having frontal engagements would be fulfilled. I mean, your win rate would drop, but who cares about winning anyway when there's Smash to play?

View PostM7_Nutcracker, on 20 June 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

Every time there is a new map or mainly a revised map, this time I believe it was Vineyards,

they always take the hills or good line sites that will give a TD,s somewhat of a fighting chance away.

They always want to favor the light and medium tanks (mostly Russian tanks).

View PostM7_Nutcracker, on 20 June 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

Have you played tier X? A 183 can rack up 4k damage without moving more than a quarter of a kilometer throughout the course of a match. And that does not require skill past tapping the fire button. It is the most lazy and team-dependent style of play and rarely produces much. But when the game incidentally gifts a camping TD a fortuitous situation, the game becomes painfully slow and literally nothing happens until the game ticks down to a draw with nobody willing to poke out and lose thousands of HP. Does that sound like a fun game to you? (Perhaps it does, since TDs are your most played tank, with 2-3 times as many battles in TDs as your next most played tank type. I understand wanting your tank to be stronger than the other guy's tank, but advocating for stagnant, drawish gameplay is just.......*facepalm*.)

There shouldn't be a map where from a single spot, a TD can have sight lines throughout the whole map. A TD needs to be punished for sitting in the same place for several minutes at a time, because that kind of gameplay is a disease. Whatever they did to the layout of Vineyards that upset you, I'm glad it happened. 

As for your third quote: that name business is just nonsensical. Are you implying that a heavy or medium tank is, by its nomenclature, unable or not allowed to destroy another tank? Secondly, the ability for every TD to 1(!?)- or 2-shot other tanks is just stupid. Once again, you need to do a better job hiding your blatant bias for tanks you play without regard for anything else. And finally, just watch a competitive tournament. Count how many lights and mediums there are, and compare that to heavies. 

I love nothing more / Than my beautiful, succulent chins . . .

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Looking for a tournament clan? Click here.

SpartacusDiablo #11 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:57 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 17585 battles
  • [III-P]

View Posttankeatingtiger, on 20 June 2018 - 09:45 PM, said:

Yes. 

Because we all can't get enough of those cancerous one shotters hiding in spawn.

So what the OP is meaning to ask is "Why do the map designers force me to pack up my tent, put away my smores, and actually relocate my tank throughout the battle?".  Now I see.

Let me attempt to answer this question. Well OP some of us like to play a dynamic game of tank combat.  We like to move up and use cover to spot, overwhelm, flank, and generally destroy our enemies.  Having tanks camping the peripheries of a map, lobbing out shots with zero skill, and generally sucking the fun out of the game for players who actually want to play is...well... Un-fun.  So while you'd like a map that's more suitable to playing whack-a-mole the majority of the players want and the designers seem to be aiming towards maps that create a more dynamic game play environment.  Sorry. But the good news is that I heard the Chuck-E-Cheese down the street just got a new whack a mole game and it pays out double tickets.  Good luck! ;)

Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 21 June 2018 - 02:59 AM.

Good players take RNG and MM into account when they make decisions in game.  They take what the game gives them and more often then not win in the end.  Bad players on the other hand come to the forum and whine because they are unable to adjust their playstyle to deal with the hand they have been dealt.  Don't be a bad player.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

t99_2015 #12 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:58 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17108 battles
  • [USAA]

How I see tds in tier 10:

Takes no skill while taking 3/4ths of your health at the back of the map

Edited by t99_2015, 21 June 2018 - 03:00 AM.

Strigonx #13 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:59 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4016 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostDefaultz, on 21 June 2018 - 02:13 AM, said:

Because td's are a parasite to the game. Even with "flat" maps and all your perceived grievances, tds comfortably rule tier 10.

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

V1n2002 #14 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:59 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5248 battles
  • [SUMO]
Because no matter how much you change a map, the FV215b 183 is still OP.

Ex (COD-R) 54.60% 1100+ AVG DMG. :justwait: 

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #15 Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10272 battles
  • [COD]

After reading OP's requests, I think I've got a good idea of what he wants:

TDs are having trouble spotting those pesky lights and meds. So let's mount the Hubble Space Telescope on the roof, so that any light tank whose commander so much as farts too loudly will be seen anywhere within 15 billion light years. Oh, it also needs the ability to 1- or 2- shot all enemies.......so how about this, just take a Yamato battleship turret and swap it with the top of the casemate structure.....that ought to deliver the balance TDs need. 

I love nothing more / Than my beautiful, succulent chins . . .

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Looking for a tournament clan? Click here.

player_989998999899 #16 Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:19 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10626 battles
Ok everyone of you is emphasizing tier 10, there are 9 other tiers that have td's and most of them cannot two shot anything. As a matter of fact the alpha on most of them could compare with a med or a heavy. This without the benefits of them be it armor full turrets, fast traverse speed etc etc etc. Op has a point you just don't like it.

Posit1ve_ #17 Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:39 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 44924 battles
  • [LIES]

View Posttweek_1, on 20 June 2018 - 10:19 PM, said:

Ok everyone of you is emphasizing tier 10, there are 9 other tiers that have td's and most of them cannot two shot anything. As a matter of fact the alpha on most of them could compare with a med or a heavy. This without the benefits of them be it armor full turrets, fast traverse speed etc etc etc. Op has a point you just don't like it.

Other tiers are much better for TDs than tier X. ISU-152 and RHM B WT for instance have 640 alpha, the same as most tier X TDs, despite being 2 tiers lower.  SU-152's HE shell will one-shot almost any lower tier vehicle, etc... 

What OP wants is for maps to be open shooting galleries. I remember when maps had overpowered positions in the backs of spawns. As a 54%er I put up 70% WR and over 2600 DPB in the Borsig when that was the case, all without moving from the spawn. That was stupid. 

Moreover, the OP is arguing that lights and meds dominate games. This is blatantly false, at all tiers. Heavies are the current meta right now, from tier 8 to tier 10 at least. Moreover, OP's best stats are actually in his TDs (which are also his most played tanks unsurprisingly), not his lights and meds. This would suggest that what he really wants is for the game to be easier for him to play his TDs.

He defends his case with the realism argument, another moot point. Blitz is far from realistic, and honestly, a line needs to be struck between fun and realism anyway.  Real life tank combat is just whoever sees the other guy first, which would make for a rather boring game. A Blitz in which TDs just sit in overpowered positions would be similarly boring for most players.

At the moment, I see the balance as being more or less fine (but heavies in general could use a slight nerf in the meta). TDs are still more than capable of being strong performers, you just can't sit in the spawn and click tanks from across the map unseen all the time anymore, nor should you be able to.

Edited by Posit1ve_, 21 June 2018 - 03:41 AM.

301 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

p30_1 #18 Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:43 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30810 battles
This is all lies from ppl dont listen to any of them OP ALL THESE PPL DO IS CRY on the forums. What they forget to realized during game and after is that theres a td out there somewhere.and they get derped Its not the maps fault although thats what gets the blame, now were left with a bunch of flat maps made for russian tanks and all the fireing lanes blocked by some rock or some out of positioned building etc.. befor long this game will be like daytona 500 with cartoon tanks because of all the childish complaints over maps . Remember ppl its not a map problem or a td problem its a you problem 

Edited by p30_1, 21 June 2018 - 05:05 AM.

Strigonx #19 Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:15 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4016 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Postp30_1, on 21 June 2018 - 04:43 AM, said:

This is all lies from ppl dont listen to any of them OP ALL THESE PPL DO IS CRY on the forums. What they forget to realized during game and after is that theres a td out there somewhere.and they get derped Its not the maps fault although thats what gets the blame, now were left with a bunch of flat maps made for russian tanks and all the fireing lanes blocked by some rock or some out of positioned building etc.. befor long this game will be like daytona 500 with cartoon tanks because of all the childish complaints over maps . Remember ppl its not a map problem or a td problem its a you problem 

You should stop posting.

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

p30_1 #20 Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:25 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 30810 battles
@stringonx You should just keep your mouth shut Im gonna spell it type it the way i want to if ya do like shhhhhhhh that easy..... or or you can be the [edited]that needs special attn on a 4star game forum 

Edited by p30_1, 21 June 2018 - 05:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users