Proposal: Penalise players that do '0' in game. Drop them a Tier

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

EolSunder1 #21 Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11556 battles
  • [SWUS]
already have talked about this for a very long time, no need to talk more they will NEVER penalize or put in place a logical system to handle afks, etc. That's the bulk of their player base, they will protect them at all costs. Please lets not start another topic on something people have been talking about for YEARS. The 1001 topic won't change anything over the 1000th, WG protects their noobs and worthless players. Period.

BorisBaddenov #22 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:04 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 20997 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostEolSunder1, on 22 June 2018 - 05:33 AM, said:

already have talked about this for a very long time, no need to talk more they will NEVER penalize or put in place a logical system to handle afks, etc. That's the bulk of their player base, they will protect them at all costs. Please lets not start another topic on something people have been talking about for YEARS. The 1001 topic won't change anything over the 1000th, WG protects their noobs and worthless players. Period.

You do understand there is an automated system that bans serial AFK'ers.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

Fu_Manchu_ #23 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8805 battles
  • [STFU1]

View PostMudkipAtWar, on 22 June 2018 - 02:49 AM, said:

This is the dumbest idea I’ve seen since regenerative health. No. Just no.

This. Because of this:

View PostTonnerreCadien, on 22 June 2018 - 03:31 AM, said:

First time you're ammo racked by a hidden TD 20 seconds into a game, you'll be regretting ever suggesting this.

View PostNegat1ve_, on 22 June 2018 - 05:16 AM, said:

proposal, ban anyone from the game that still manages less that 50% wins in a defender after 33k games

Alternative proposal: ban anyone who can't maintain a 30 day damage ratio of at least 1.00.

One RNG to rule them all,

One RNG to find them;

One RNG to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Ericmopar #24 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3205 battles

No U.

I watch a lot of Twitch streamers in both Blitz and PC and even the best players turn a corner and get blasted to instant dust in 5 seconds flat.

It happens.

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

yermama #25 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 33963 battles
  • [KAPUT]

View PostNegat1ve_, on 22 June 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

proposal, ban anyone from the game that still manages less that 50% wins in a defender after 33k games

33k in Def? I think not....attack the premise of the argument not the poster,otherwise you have already lost. My average damage is fine so, whats your point?

View PostNegat1ve_, on 22 June 2018 - 12:16 PM, said:

View Post__Boomer2__, on 22 June 2018 - 01:12 PM, said:

Not on the first 0 damage game.  We all have those from time to time.  I had a T49 last night be super aggressive, popping off rounds and there for the team but all his HEAT bounced and he did 0.  Habitual 0 damages, on the other hand, I'm all for it.

yes habitual...not one offs

HugGigolo #26 Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15668 battles
  • [AGILE]

I think this notion might be a little misplaced. I’m tired of the guys who sit at the back and snipe in the wrong tank. I remember an RU on canyon who never left spawn. Sat in the same place (southern spawn) that some TD’s use to snipe middle for the entire battle. But because he wasn’t spotted for a long time and was the last to die he got 1500 damage, middle of the team. So he genuinely thought he did fine.

I’d prefer someone like that to go spot in a bush, take the risk of getting derped by a speculative shot and dying with zero damage, than sit in spawn sniping all battle. But that’s exactly what this idea would push people towards doing.

UAV_Pro #27 Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:36 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23877 battles
  • [CHEM]

View PostNegat1ve_, on 22 June 2018 - 04:16 AM, said:

You would think that after 33k games they would learn not to post on this toxic forum.

Absolute_Sniper #28 Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24107 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Jeez you all kill me. Punishing bad games will only work to lower the number of people playing. That’s not a good thing. Why not reward exceptional play and reward it well. If you get top damage or the most kills you earn 10 gold. Instantly everyone would change how they play the game and attempt to get better. Punishing goose eggs will just make people rage.

__Boomer2__ #29 Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 14914 battles
  • [501RV]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 22 June 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

Jeez you all kill me. Punishing bad games will only work to lower the number of people playing. That’s not a good thing. Why not reward exceptional play and reward it well. If you get top damage or the most kills you earn 10 gold. Instantly everyone would change how they play the game and attempt to get better. Punishing goose eggs will just make people rage.

Then the 40%ers would yolo like crazy trying to get that top damage.  Which in turn will result in more goose eggs.

Tier Xs: M48 Patton, E100, T110E4, T110E5, Maus

^YouTube Channel^

My Insta: https://www.instagram.com/__boomer2__/

__Crusader6__ #30 Posted 22 June 2018 - 04:59 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 51683 battles
  • [III]

View Postyermama, on 22 June 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

33k in Def? I think not....attack the premise of the argument not the poster,otherwise you have already lost. My average damage is fine so, whats your point?

Dude, your avg dmg in tier 8 in last 30 days is 1k.  With a 40% WR

That’s not acceptable.   Your damage ratio is also awful.   

Perhaps rethink your position or you will be limited to tier 2.  

Tank Hoarder: 331 tanks in Garage:  334/334 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

WANTED: Less IS Spam, I hate ISHoles 

Absolute_Sniper #31 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24107 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View Post__Boomer2__, on 22 June 2018 - 04:54 PM, said:

Then the 40%ers would yolo like crazy trying to get that top damage.  Which in turn will result in more goose eggs.

At first, yes, but after a few rounds of not getting that reward people would start trying a different approach. 

Call me optimistic I guess.

outersketcher #32 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12193 battles
  • [COD-R]

I've proposed the idea in the past about splitting the game into Minor leagues and Major leagues so to speak. The standard requirements to be able to play in the major leagues.. based on a 30 Day record of ones stats. Would that be too difficult technically? Too much processing power needed? 

Maybe it could just be something simple like.. you have to have earned so many masteries.. and have certain tanks and types with a required WR, KR, Dmg. To earn the right to play in the major leagues.

Looking into the eyes of an infant is like staring into the heart of a star... Pure. And blazing.

Also.. it's never a pleasant experience to bite into a SlimJim, and discover a toenail. 

huhh.. there's another one.. 

Strigonx #33 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3280 battles
  • [_STR8]

View Postyermama, on 22 June 2018 - 05:37 AM, said:

I dont mind losing a good game 7-6, 7-5 ,maybe 7-4..but it really annoys me when losing 7-2 or worse..and when I go to the team results and 3 or 4 players have scored '0'. These clowns need to be penalised..what I am proposing is that a player receive a 2 game ban at that Tier. If they do it again then they drop a Tier..another tier and so on until they are back in Tier 1. This is to encourage better game play and improve the player base and experience for all. Thoughts?

You should go back to tier 1, doing 1400 damage per game in a tier 10 is just pathetic

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

j0nn0 #34 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:45 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 15568 battles
  • [XREGZ]

:popcorn:

Dont mind me. This is about as entertaining as a movie right now.

Oh, and WG will never do anything to actively hinder a player's ability to fail up the tiers. It would push many players away [read "wallet warriors"] and thats bad for business... Not to say that there arent good wallet warriors, just that money is money, whether it be from bad or good players.

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

Derpomagix #35 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:53 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12019 battles
  • [YUMY]

View Postyermama, on 22 June 2018 - 04:37 AM, said:

I dont mind losing a good game 7-6, 7-5 ,maybe 7-4..but it really annoys me when losing 7-2 or worse..and when I go to the team results and 3 or 4 players have scored '0'. These clowns need to be penalised..what I am proposing is that a player receive a 2 game ban at that Tier. If they do it again then they drop a Tier..another tier and so on until they are back in Tier 1. This is to encourage better game play and improve the player base and experience for all. Thoughts?

Y'know, I kinda had the same idea...

If they consistently do 0 damage, then simply ban them from tiers 6-10 for a week. The key word here is "consistent" - persay, two or three games in a row.

The thing is, we all have had 0 damage games. You know, the ones where you come around the corner and - oopsie daisy, one shotted by a KV-2. And the one where you get CODed by a light tank. And the one where RNG decided that it was going to be an idiot and gave you low penetration/dispersion rolls so everything bounced or missed.

Getting a 0 damage game is unlucky, but consistent 0 damage games are evidence that a player is a troll, wants to ruin the game, or is a bot.

I know a few forumers are thinking "wth" but I really am as annoyed as the OP on this one. I had a game where I was the only one did damage.

Derpomagix (formerly PlaneCrazy01)

Just in case you're wondering... I'm plain crazy and I'm not born in 2001. Thats all I'm saying.

"To improve is to change. To be perfect is to change often." - Winston Churchill, when addressing a large crowd of noobs and TD drivers.

That bush is popular... which is why I fire at it at the start of the game... so don't sit there.

"Boom! One day your tank goes boom! Boom! BOOM!!!!" - Thompson and Thomson

8PAQ #36 Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 51353 battles
  • [RBLN]

View Postyermama, on 22 June 2018 - 04:37 AM, said:

My 30,60,90 day average dmg are all over 2000 but I rarely go a week without having at least one 0 dmg game. It happens dude. Especially in long reload TDs with bad armour and low HP like ISU. I have over 2200 avg dmg in it over last 30 days and I am #27 in it NA in it and yet I keep getting 0 dmg games in it every 20 games I would say. Maybe even more often.

Edited by 8PAQ, 22 June 2018 - 06:10 PM.

Negat1ve_ #37 Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:03 PM

podofseals.jpg

• Players
  • 40570 battles
  • [_V_]

View Postyermama, on 22 June 2018 - 07:50 AM, said:

yes habitual...not one offs

no, you have 33k games, and in the last 90 days you have a 25% win rate in your defender.  I propose that this is a bannable offense.  I'm illustrating to you why your idea is bad by choosing my own qualifications of what I consider should be punished instead of adopting yours.

tldr, your original idea is dumb.  

RommelTanker #38 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 1627 battles
  • [43MB]

View Postyermama, on 22 June 2018 - 01:37 AM, said:

So if I ammo rekt you in the first 20 seconds of the match you should be dropped down a tier? Sounds like a great idea. Let's add penalizing players for getting the first spot in the match by reducing their EXP earnings by 50% and the first person to do damage loses 50% of their credits.

I'm sick and tired of seeing pointless bickering nowadays. It's disgusting and shows the poor state that the human mind and psyche is in. Rise above the others. Don't bow to the level of those who try to reinforce the poor human psyche. Make every effort possible to make sure humanity doesn't spiral down and burn in flames at the bottom.

"Who cares if one more light goes out in a sky full of stars? Well, I do." -Chester Bennington. RIP

V1n2002 #39 Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:19 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5070 battles
Stupid idea. What happens if my device freezes? Internet goes out? Get ammoracked while spotting? 

[COD-R] 54.60% 1100+ AVG DMG. :justwait:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users