Tinfoil Large Target

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

SanguinaryDan #1 Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15171 battles
  • [III-R]

So.  Can anyone explain to me why I should bother spending a single credit upgrading this tank?  Tried it out last night (yes, only once) and it couldn’t hide and it couldn’t run.  Nor does it hit hard enough to even make the Tier VII Lights nervous about chasing it. 

Maybe if they doubled the armor thickness and/or gave it the stock autoloader from the Tier IX Bat Chat?  But as it stands the skill floor is so much higher than the fun ceiling of driving something with the size and armor of a Greyhound Bus that I’m really regretting the decision to add it to my garage. 

Has my loathing at first blush been reasonable or is this a gem that is beyond my limited skill set?

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

Bondo26 #2 Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 35666 battles
  • [ULA]
It is probably the best drive in the field. But then again we are not racing cars. 

SanguinaryDan #3 Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15171 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostBondo26, on 22 June 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

It is probably the best drive in the field. But then again we are not racing cars. 

“If you know the candle is fire, the meal was cooked long ago.”  Or in more common English, “Whatcho talkin’ ‘bout Willis?”.  It’s not the fastest or most agile, so I’m not feeling the race car analogy.  Most Light tanks at VII and VIII hit just as hard and can actually avoid return fire. Even with camouflage, camouflage net and the TD camo skill at VII, I got spotted the moment a red got LOS. And then the HE rain fell. 

With the time and gold I dropped to get the tank, I want it to work. I’m just not sure it can. 

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

fluffyteddy763 #4 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:30 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5624 battles
As a player with 800+ battles in the CDC (possibly even 1k due to rated), Ive been a long advocate of it getting a 105 mm, or perhaps even a 122 mm autoloader. It really needs something to give it punch. In its current state, anyone who rushes it can win. And thanks to SK8XTRM with his recent YouTube video,  practically every TD now knows to load up HE.

Edited by fluffyteddy763, 22 June 2018 - 02:31 PM.

I've reached a point in my life where I've decided I'm not old. I'm actually 20, but with shipping and handling!

Oicraftian #5 Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14625 battles

I think the CDC deserves it's own unique style at tier 8, while being actually good at it. From the numbers it actually seems fairly close.

Improve the ground resistances, and improve the gun handling. I'm sure it'll be fine.

If that's still not enough, 240 alpha.

65% scrublord

Remember only tier 8/9/10 stats mean anything

Revenge_of_Peppa_the_pig #6 Posted 24 June 2018 - 07:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 22379 battles
  • [DMONS]

View PostOicraftian, on 24 June 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

I think the CDC deserves it's own unique style at tier 8, while being actually good at it. From the numbers it actually seems fairly close.

Improve the ground resistances, and improve the gun handling. I'm sure it'll be fine.

If that's still not enough, 240 alpha.

​reasons why amx cdc ( ACDC for short ) is junk. and most useless tank in that game

I will not compare it with drakula ... since drakula will win in ANY  aspect . lets compare cdc  with other T8 . ground resistance will NOT help

1. one of the worst turret rotation speeds in tier- uep . maneuverable pvp versus RU 251 and you are in hangar . since turret barely rotate . other lights will kill  you same way .

2. one of the worst traverse speed . even slowpoke pershing have better traverse

3. well . SIZE ... xD

slowpoke traverse  kill one of the main features of acdc - engine . I assume wg balanced that junk as BUSH HUGGER ( e25 with turret ) . since only that role it can perform barely sufficient

WG refund TIME I SPENDED TO GET THAT JUNK !

Edited by Revenge_of_Peppa_the_pig, 24 June 2018 - 07:45 PM.

SanguinaryDan #7 Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:46 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 15171 battles
  • [III-R]

I’m going to give the tank another try with the 5.0 buffs and we’ll see if it is any better.  I still get the feeling that it’s better suited to gun and run on the full size WoT maps than the knife fighting ranges of Blitz.  But hope springs eternal and all that sort of crap. 

If not...  Welll, I’ve got plenty of tarps in the garage to have it join the mothballed brigade. :trollface:

Edited by SanguinaryDan, 25 June 2018 - 11:47 AM.

TheBossSEAN #8 Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:29 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38 battles

hows the fcm then?

is it any better?

SEAN-THE YOLOING CHICKEN WHO LIKES "TURTELS" THIS IS MIEN REROLL;MAIN CommanderSean_2014 (na) | BlitzStars.com

*I'm *Taiwanese* so pls forgive my crappy English* {click on pic for enlarged pic}  

FREE ARMOR INSPECTOR AT:Knowledge database for World of Tanks Blitz – Blitz Hangar                                 

VikkoTheTusken #9 Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:51 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 19226 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostTheBossSEAN, on 26 June 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

hows the fcm then?

is it any better?

It's the same as it was the first time you asked.

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

My presence here on the forums is over. You can find me at the links above and on various Discord servers. If you're curious or feel like trolling, peruse [This Thread]

stmaarten1778 #10 Posted 01 July 2018 - 01:23 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1507 battles
  • [MOM5]
It is the size of a small yacht with armor that a tier 1 could pen (looking at you MS-1) The gun is way too UP for a tank like this. No wonder this thing never made it out of blueprints (this tank is pathetic. I only use it for training rooms)

Just your average noob 

Official winner of AMX CDC through fourm contest

Yuri is best girl

ZebraUp #11 Posted 01 July 2018 - 01:45 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16829 battles
  • [_UF_]

She sure is pretty though!

I won't spend a single bent nickel upgrading her.. she's for sitting in the garage looking pretty, all the while wishing you had her younger, hotter sister, the Drac.

You gotta be Lucky or a Lion to kill a Zebra!

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

TheBossSEAN #12 Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:20 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38 battles
SO,IS THY FCM50T better?

SEAN-THE YOLOING CHICKEN WHO LIKES "TURTELS" THIS IS MIEN REROLL;MAIN CommanderSean_2014 (na) | BlitzStars.com

*I'm *Taiwanese* so pls forgive my crappy English* {click on pic for enlarged pic}  

FREE ARMOR INSPECTOR AT:Knowledge database for World of Tanks Blitz – Blitz Hangar                                 

TheBossSEAN #13 Posted 03 July 2018 - 02:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38 battles

View PostVikkoTheTusken, on 27 June 2018 - 02:51 AM, said:

It's the same as it was the first time you asked.

did i get anything more than salt? (most of it was from ur contribution!THX M8!!!:(:medal:)

i dont think so.......

i checked the topic three times......still found moar salt than there is (currently)in the Death Sea.

Jonny_applesauce #14 Posted 08 July 2018 - 03:39 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6554 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Postfluffyteddy763, on 22 June 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

or perhaps even a 122 mm autoloader. 

I hope to goodness that is a misprint

a 122 mm autoloader with 1200 burst damage and good speed and gun depression at tier 8 is NOT okay

The AMX 50100 is not as fast as the CDC, with less gun depression, an even bigger profile and equally worthless (though less HE-able) armor

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users