Video to show new auto-aim fustrations

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Defaultz #1 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:08 PM

Yolos get you Kolos

• Players
  • 23906 battles
  • [PRAMO]

Two easy shots that were negated due to the new auto-aim change. The first one flies in front of the 183's turret and hits either the gun or turret at an extreme angle. Second shell again hits the E50M at a really strange angle and bounces.

Under normal auto-aim, both shots would have hit center mass as I pre-aim and the shell would fly out of where my crosshair was. However, currently auto-aim appears to give your shots lead by itself. This means everyone who was used to leading shots on moving targets will get additional lead, resulting in infuriating misses like these. 

__Crusader6__ #2 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:15 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 51722 battles
  • [III]

View PostDefaultz, on 22 June 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

Two easy shots that were negated due to the new auto-aim change. The first one flies in front of the 183's turret and hits either the gun or turret at an extreme angle. Second shell again hits the E50M at a really strange angle and bounces.

Under normal auto-aim, both shots would have hit center mass as I pre-aim and the shell would fly out of where my crosshair was. However, currently auto-aim appears to give your shots lead by itself. This means everyone who was used to leading shots on moving targets will get additional lead, resulting in infuriating misses like these. 

Yup. 

Building in a nub leveling aim - benifitting only those too lazy to learn 

Tank Hoarder: 331 tanks in Garage:  334/334 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

WANTED: Less IS Spam, I hate ISHoles 

LordManaz #3 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27855 battles
  • [HVC]

wow!! 110% RNG

Zuke76 #4 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 12400 battles
  • [O_OPS]
Its being removed in a micro patch or the next update

A Part of the Training Room Police Department(TRPD) thanks to __Seal__

__Crusader6__ #5 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:18 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 51722 battles
  • [III]
I think ReluctantThiest posted it was being pulled in next server restart (tomorrow morning). 

Tank Hoarder: 331 tanks in Garage:  334/334 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

Ookla_the_Mok #6 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:28 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 26715 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Two things re amazing about this auto-aim fiasco:

1. WG implemented it with either no testing or a complete lack of the ability to analyze results.

2. Some players are insisting that players having issues are full of crap.

If auto-aim were to remain like this it would be a dramatic change to gameplay and I would see little to no reason to bother playing in the future.

_Duncan_Idaho_ #7 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:56 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32320 battles
  • [DUNE_]

is this just a kybd/mouse thing? or is it on touch too? Since the update, I can't seem to get my iPad auto aim to lock on to anything. (I do not use it in sniper mode, only in standard view). . . is anyone else having trouble with auto aim on touch? Does anyone know if that is also a thing that will be fixed? (Since the OP mentioned "center mass" I assume the conversation is about keyboard mouse where auto aim focuses on center mass.)

never mind. I read Spartacus diablo thread which answered my question.

Edited by _Duncan_Idaho_, 22 June 2018 - 09:57 PM.

_warL0rd_ #8 Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:02 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34182 battles
  • [FOE]
why did they change this and not tell us? maybe it was payback for the spare parts fiasco?

r3cursion #9 Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:06 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31186 battles
  • [-DD-]
This shows how utterly dependent players are on OP auto aim....i say just remove it altogether

Defaultz #10 Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:50 PM

Yolos get you Kolos

• Players
  • 23906 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 June 2018 - 09:18 PM, said:

I think ReluctantThiest posted it was being pulled in next server restart (tomorrow morning). 

That's a speculated attempted. Best case is that it will fix it, but at worse its staying till next patch. 

View Postr3cursion, on 22 June 2018 - 10:06 PM, said:

This shows how utterly dependent players are on OP auto aim....i say just remove it altogether

Anyone could have penetrated those shots without auto-aim or with the old version. The point here is the new auto-aim interferes with good play, because tens of thousands of battles of learning how to hit moving targets suddenly becomes a hindrance to the player.

__Crusader6__ #11 Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:41 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 51722 battles
  • [III]

View Postr3cursion, on 22 June 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

OP?   It was a game mechanic that took effort to use correctly. 

Learning to correctly lead moving tanks and get good hits took effort. 

It’s a little moronic to disparage the effective use of auto aim.  

You still needed to add input to correctly lead and land shots on the right parts of tanks to pen. 

Untrust______ #12 Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:59 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 59172 battles
  • [AFT]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 June 2018 - 11:41 PM, said:

You still needed to add input to correctly lead and land shots on the right parts of tanks to pen. 

He's talking about the fools who complained about pc autoaim. When mobile autoaim was made to mimic pc everyone starts crying.

" If u like your salt you can keep your salt " 

__Crusader6__ #13 Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:06 AM

BANNED

• Players
  • 51722 battles
  • [III]

View PostUntrust______, on 22 June 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

He's talking about the fools who complained about pc autoaim. When mobile autoaim was made to mimic pc everyone starts crying.

The issue isn’t that.   While the video shows some issues - the other aspects is the ‘lead generator’ is also not very bright and would often lag after a tank stopped - and your shot would go way out of the aiming circle by a massive margin.   

Ive dabbled with ‘PC Auto Aim’ on my Mac - it’s nothing like the fiasco going on in touch atm. 

r3cursion #14 Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:10 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 31186 battles
  • [-DD-]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 June 2018 - 11:41 PM, said:

Lets keep the conversation civil...you can disagree without attacking the poster.

With that said, NOT using auto-aim takes just as much (more?) skill imo.  Anticipating where the the opponent will go, pre-aiming, and anticipating shell velocity.  One will likely argue that auto aim takes these same skills....if so, remove it and there is no need to deal with all the drama.  Complete removal would stop the complaining that people on both platforms do about the other's auto-aim.

__Crusader6__ #15 Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 51722 battles
  • [III]

View Postr3cursion, on 23 June 2018 - 06:10 AM, said:

Lets keep the conversation civil...you can disagree without attacking the poster.

With that said, NOT using auto-aim takes just as much (more?) skill imo.  Anticipating where the the opponent will go, pre-aiming, and anticipating shell velocity.  One will likely argue that auto aim takes these same skills....if so, remove it and there is no need to deal with all the drama.  Complete removal would stop the complaining that people on both platforms do about the other's auto-aim.

oh I agree it is a skill not to use auto aim as well.   

My apologies about the moronic comment, I drove around 14 hrs yesterday back home and was cranky near the end. 

One of the points I was trying to make and I probably didn’t convey very well is (and I’m definitely not a good keyboard mouse player I’ve experimented with about 100 games on my iMac and just to to understand the aiming concept that but what what touch is getting right now there’s not like a keyboard mouse auto aim.   For a player much closer to 50 then other ages whose played 50,000 games I am much more comfortable using auto aim in certain situations than not, and the change is crippling. 

bg2b #16 Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:13 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 17311 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Postr3cursion, on 23 June 2018 - 07:10 AM, said:

I don't know about PC, but on mobile I probably couldn't manage effectively when moving without some sort of auto-aim because of the limitation of two thumbs.  One is tied up with driving.  The other adjusts the aim point, but the problem is the delay between getting the desired adjustment and then shifting to the fire button and tapping it.  The auto-aim helps me keep the same relation between aim point and target during that delay.  If you can play with multiple fingers ("claw" method) then you can do it, but I can't comfortably hold the device for extended periods like that even if I did learn the mechanics.

Also tagged with 5.0

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users