Is this my job?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

patriot8785 #1 Posted 23 June 2018 - 03:09 PM

Private

• Players
  • 12773 battles
  • [BSB]
My wife is chronically ill. She ha bad days and good days. I have been up with her for two days taking care of her and keeping her out of the hospital. When I'm not busy, I like to play wot blitz. It's fun. But anymore, that fun is being taken. Not only, for some reason, do I not load a battle until after my entire team has moved, started combat, or sometimes half a battle has been fought, and I don't know why. But I was loading a battle last night, and my wife started yelling cause she needed me. One battle people. One. I don't load up a game and then put my device down. I play. But one battle I have to go take care of my wife and I get three complaints of inactive in battle. I understand that. Hard enough with this crappy match making to even have a chance with even tanks, when someone is afk, makes it impossible. But geez guys. If I'm having an off day and get taken out soon in a battle, or can't hit the broad side of the earth with a dropped rock, I get messages I should kill myself or delete game .That amuses me. Kids will be kids after all. And I do know if there is anny punishments for inactivity, seems like the notifactions I got after that battle insinuated, but if I get blocked banned or whatever for any amount of time, then it is my fellow tankers, not WG, who have turned me away from this game. I am pretty sure that at least a few of you out there don't live and breath world of tanks blitz, so when something happens, if you have kids and one of them is choking, are you going to tell them they have to wait for the battle to end, or are you going to drop the game and do something? If I'm in the wrong I'll delete my account, and you tankers out there who have turned a game for fun into a job or lifestyle, or whatever else, can continue your petiness. Rant over

Darth_Gerbil #2 Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:22 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35566 battles
  • [CH]

I'm sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she is feeling better soon.  Life is more important than Blitz.  Do what needs to be done and don’t concern yourself with others. As for the honor system see it for what it is, a terrible idea implicated badly.

If you haven’t done so already try deleting Blitz, rebooting your device and reinstalling the game.  I find that after an update doing this helps with lag, shudders and pauses.

TheMainframe #3 Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:27 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6550 battles
  • [ENDDZ]

A lot of people take this game very seriously. Real Life is greater than a game of Blitz everyday of the week, backwards and forwards. However, WoT Blitz is real life to a lot of people. 

People can be selfish and hateful, and in a PvP game that is hinged on team play, this toxicity is made more apparent. 

I love the ones that need it most.

Icefang50 #4 Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:32 PM

Endeavor to Persevere

• Players
  • 33445 battles
  • [-MAX-]
Take care patriot8785. Your wife’s needs are more important.  You need the diversion that Blitz provides with all you have going on - don’t worry about MH. My prayers are with your wife and you.

EolSunder1 #5 Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:45 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11556 battles
  • [SWUS]

First, yes remember life comes first before a video game. But also, people need hobbies. Do you annoy your wife when SHE is doing what she likes? Think about it for a second. Its just a game, make sure to take care of regular daily stuff first that needs attention, but also remember people need breaks, and hobbies. People do different things, and its not your, or my opinion that matters to what other people like. 

Don't worry about people in chat, as someone who likes to insult people, its not something to worry about. It won't change anything, you won't become hated enemies with anyone, everyone forgets by time the next battle starts. There are many reasons to go afk, just accept that you were afk and someone didn't like it. Sometimes my internet goes down in the middle of a battle and who knows when it comes back up. Nothing you can control.  But the other team members don't know why you went afk, they don't know if your one of the noobs who just says "I was eating popcorn so was just watching the fight, couldn't be bothered to help", or "a good youtube or tv show came on so I forgot about the game", etc. People downvote AFKS and insult them normally, its not something you should get mad about. Just block and continue with the next battle, an easy fix. 

Don't give up your hobbies unless they are a bad addiction or something, everyone needs hobbies. Also don't let anyone tell you what your hobbies should be, or what you should like, even  your wife. Your hobbies are yours. You don't insult her or annoy her about what she likes doing. When I was married long long ago I had the same problem, on the computer too much. But that was my ONLY hobby, I don't do anything else, so at least I was home. I wasn't off doing something else, I wasn't at some events, I wasn't out drinking or gambling with my friends, I as just around the room corner. She didn't like it, but I didn't say anything about what she liked to do, so I always told her why is she bothering me about what I like to do. Just go with the flow, women like to complain. Being married means you have to deal with it lol.

Forward_To_Death #6 Posted 23 June 2018 - 04:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5326 battles
  • [MOMB]
Real life before pixels, best wishes that your wife's health improves. 

fluffyteddy763 #7 Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5118 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Best wishes for your wife's health, your family is in my thoughts and prayers. 

^Designed by- SpartacusDiablo 

Profile Pic- Designed by BOOMROCKA

1oldgrouch #8 Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:52 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15714 battles
  • [MOM7]
My condolences about your wife and God speed on her recovery. I have gotten a few inactivity in battle complaint. They mean exactly nothing and don't worry about them. It can come from a number of causes but life is the governing factor we all must deal with. My heart goes out to you and your wife. Take care brother. 
Farts are Natures Flowers

Blartch #9 Posted 23 June 2018 - 06:09 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 52178 battles
  • [SPUD]
Live your life and to hell with your detractors.

ShellShock_U #10 Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6240 battles
  • [C-T]
I just received an inactivity in battle because I complained about the play.  I drove toward A and was confronted with the enemy I was destroyed.  No inactivity there.  I complained that the game is too one sided at times.  Now whether it was a team member or a component doesn't matter.  A [edited]complaint.  Those should not happen because someone else feels I didn't do my part.  Check the films!!!!

edmcdermott #11 Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23659 battles
  • [NTP]
Patriot I am sorry to hear that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family don't let the negative nannies get you down ! But if you are still having issues with the late starts uninstall and reinstall I had to do it twice this update and after it was fine I also turned my iPad completely off the second time and that really fixed it 

patriot8785 #12 Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:40 AM

Private

• Players
  • 12773 battles
  • [BSB]
Thanks for the well wishes guys. She's much better now just need fluids and elyctrolytes. She has chrons disease and had suregery when she was 15 to have her colon removed. She had surgery in Feb last year for an ileostomy. She also has short bowel syndrom, which essentially means she can get dehydrated so fast it's not funny. But she has made strides and her over all health is much better these days. She will turn 31 in August, and when she was young they told her she'd be lucky to see 23 then it was 25, so she is a trooper if here ever was one. Anyone can add me on Facebook if in allowed I'll give my name on here lol. But that's besides the point. I never worry about what people say. As a matter of fact, check my honor at any time and it's 5 stars. An d the messages I find entertaining honestly. I really appreciate all the support from you fellow tankers .don't hesitate to add me and we can platoon sometime. Life is much more important, especially the next few months lol. Daughter turned 8 today, son turns 9 on the seventg wifes birthday is in agust and the end of aust is our 7 year anniversary. I appologise if this is in the wrong section. Only reason for this rant is I don't want to get banned for anything like that. I understand some people will ebter a battle just for the points, but I also am tickled to death that they heard the masses complaints and fixed the equipment system. Very excited about that.

Icefang50 #13 Posted 30 June 2018 - 05:09 PM

Endeavor to Persevere

• Players
  • 33445 battles
  • [-MAX-]

View Postpatriot8785, on 29 June 2018 - 03:40 AM, said:

Thanks for the well wishes guys. She's much better now just need fluids and elyctrolytes. She has chrons disease and had suregery when she was 15 to have her colon removed. She had surgery in Feb last year for an ileostomy. She also has short bowel syndrom, which essentially means she can get dehydrated so fast it's not funny. But she has made strides and her over all health is much better these days. She will turn 31 in August, and when she was young they told her she'd be lucky to see 23 then it was 25, so she is a trooper if here ever was one. Anyone can add me on Facebook if in allowed I'll give my name on here lol. But that's besides the point. I never worry about what people say. As a matter of fact, check my honor at any time and it's 5 stars. An d the messages I find entertaining honestly. I really appreciate all the support from you fellow tankers .don't hesitate to add me and we can platoon sometime. Life is much more important, especially the next few months lol. Daughter turned 8 today, son turns 9 on the seventg wifes birthday is in agust and the end of aust is our 7 year anniversary. I appologise if this is in the wrong section. Only reason for this rant is I don't want to get banned for anything like that. I understand some people will ebter a battle just for the points, but I also am tickled to death that they heard the masses complaints and fixed the equipment system. Very excited about that.

Great story about your wife.  Sounds like a growing family and a lot of milestones coming up.  Take care.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users