Before getting another tank of any kind

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

ToeTagAndBagEm #1 Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21148 battles
  • [FUSAG]

I think it would be a good idea to make it so any and all tanks you get no matter tier or type

You have a tutorial course so you can learn how to use that tank

Before you can join a single battle in that tank.

If its a light the tutorial makes you use it as a light and not be  a Leo saying. ILL SNIPE.

If its a med  or heavy or td it makes you use it how its made to be used so it kind of gives people an idea on how to use a tank they have before they can ruin a match by not doing what they should be.

Yes it would be a little annoying BUT it would in turn maybe make some players better at knowing tanks roles and overall plays would be better in time because they learned a thing or 2.

What do you think?

And

before the boo hoo bunch start the usual [edited]and trash talk.  Its an IDEA and only and IDEA.

BorisBaddenov #2 Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:05 AM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 22294 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View PostToeTagAndBagEm, on 28 June 2018 - 07:54 PM, said:

I think it would be a good idea to make it so any and all tanks you get no matter tier or type

You have a tutorial course so you can learn how to use that tank

Before you can join a single battle in that tank.

If its a light the tutorial makes you use it as a light and not be  a Leo saying. ILL SNIPE.

If its a med  or heavy or td it makes you use it how its made to be used so it kind of gives people an idea on how to use a tank they have before they can ruin a match by not doing what they should be.

Yes it would be a little annoying BUT it would in turn maybe make some players better at knowing tanks roles and overall plays would be better in time because they learned a thing or 2.

What do you think?

And

before the boo hoo bunch start the usual [edited]and trash talk.  Its an IDEA and only and IDEA.

You don’t understand the problem you are trying to solve.  The problem is lack of give-a-care.    Come up with a way to make the 4x%’s care more, and they will improve.  If you fail to address their give-a-care, you idea is a failure.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

swampydoodle #3 Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:39 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17047 battles
  • [FUSAG]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 29 June 2018 - 04:05 AM, said:

You don’t understand the problem you are trying to solve.  The problem is lack of give-a-care.    Come up with a way to make the 4x%’s care more, and they will improve.  If you fail to address their give-a-care, you idea is a failure.

Peace-

Boris

But, the answer to that problem is to hand out yet another "participation" trophy for the 40 somethings. I do see the logic in no schooling with a passing grade... No new tank for you. I haven't been around as most. I have seen the debates. If we could get a few minutes of training to the new crowd it could help.

ToeTagAndBagEm #4 Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21148 battles
  • [FUSAG]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 29 June 2018 - 04:05 AM, said:

Peace-

Boris

The general idea is to MAKE them and us and ALL players have a quick lesson per tank even tho a majority know how and so on.

In the long run how ever

It would make a % more or less know a little bit on how to.

Its a small step

So if they rush to tier 5 with 20 battles they have to learn a lesson on how to first.

Whats the argument here?

Teach them a step or 2 before use.

The step or 2 come into play they learned and some WILL use it some will ignore it all but the ones that learned are that step or 2 better on our teams.

ToeTagAndBagEm #5 Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:06 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21148 battles
  • [FUSAG]
And the way its setup now days.
It seems to be more needed than not.

How many low low %ers have you seen in the past 6 months?

Now compare to the year before.
Its a lot more a LOT more

ToeTagAndBagEm #6 Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21148 battles
  • [FUSAG]

View Postswampydoodle, on 29 June 2018 - 04:39 AM, said:

But, the answer to that problem is to hand out yet another "participation" trophy for the 40 somethings. I do see the logic in no schooling with a passing grade... No new tank for you. I haven't been around as most. I have seen the debates. If we could get a few minutes of training to the new crowd it could help.

Right.  Just a small step to make some realize its better to use a tank in its actual role and end up doing way more for the teams and theyre selfs.

Thatguyujustmet #7 Posted 29 June 2018 - 12:50 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10719 battles
  • [XWING]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 29 June 2018 - 12:05 AM, said:

Peace-

Boris

A problem for some maybe... but definitely only one of many reasons.  The most common problem I've noticed is that they think they know what they're doing.  The tutorial idea is a fine idea, albeit it needs some "fine tuning."  Additionally, it won't fix 40%ers making bad decisions like pushing when they shouldn't or not running when they should, but there is value in the idea.

ToeTagAndBagEm #8 Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21148 battles
  • [FUSAG]
Right its just a step that would help in some ways not all but some.  Its a start

ReDYeViL #9 Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13126 battles
  • [GZR]
A solution to this could be to match players in a similar way they match tanks (maybe with an exception for platoons) so that your playing with people of a similar percentile

Edited by ReDYeViL, 30 June 2018 - 12:34 AM.

»¥«

anonym_juSDY1AMtEkz #10 Posted 01 July 2018 - 05:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles
Dude you dont need a tutorial you either figure it out or watch a bushka video its thatsimple bro

ToeTagAndBagEm #11 Posted 02 July 2018 - 07:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21148 battles
  • [FUSAG]

View PostforesSTgumP, on 01 July 2018 - 05:58 AM, said:

Dude you dont need a tutorial you either figure it out or watch a bushka video its thatsimple bro

Dude... that doesnt make them learn nor do they know about any of that before playing.

The point it simple

Make them learn before use.

Then yes how to videos and so on will help 

But first atleast make it so they learn BEFORE being able to use in battles

SpartacusDiablo #12 Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:02 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 16732 battles
  • [III-P]

View PostforesSTgumP, on 01 July 2018 - 12:58 AM, said:

Seriously?  You aren't exactly the best person to argue against additional training...

Good players take RNG and MM into account when they make decisions in game.  They take what the game gives them and more often then not win in the end.  Bad players on the other hand come to the forum and whine because they are unable to adjust their playstyle to deal with the hand they have been dealt.  Don't be a bad player.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Kiser_Sosei #13 Posted 02 July 2018 - 08:16 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 28168 battles
  • [III-C]
Its a great idea. I have been calling for tank qualifications for years. I mean some race car games make you do it before you can play a car or race on a certain track.

In blitz it could have an incentive. You can earn extra crew skill points for how well you preform in the tutorial. I think this might help impress the need to "care" a bit before you can get in and start licking the windows in a live game.

Then to Boris' point...The game needs a process to impress that reckless casual play should be limited to tiers 1-4 and that Tiers 5-10 has a moderate skill bar to advance. Thus progressively weeding out a few % of players as you get closer to tier 10. The game can remind them of what skill metric they need to improve to move on up. Maybe even offer additional in game tutorials. Also offer certain camo and or attachments for reaching certain skill bars as well. WG could get creative with dog treat incentives for those without any real team honor of their own volition. Something like discounts or bonuses, much like the clan levels.

Edited by Kiser_Sosei, 02 July 2018 - 08:23 PM.

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

ToeTagAndBagEm #14 Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21148 battles
  • [FUSAG]

View PostKiser_Sosei, on 02 July 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

Its a great idea. I have been calling for tank qualifications for years. I mean some race car games make you do it before you can play a car or race on a certain track.

In blitz it could have an incentive. You can earn extra crew skill points for how well you preform in the tutorial. I think this might help impress the need to "care" a bit before you can get in and start licking the windows in a live game.

YES

ToeTagAndBagEm #15 Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21148 battles
  • [FUSAG]

View PostKiser_Sosei, on 02 July 2018 - 08:16 PM, said:

Then to Boris' point...The game needs a process to impress that reckless casual play should be limited to tiers 1-4 and that Tiers 5-10 has a moderate skill bar to advance. Thus progressively weeding out a few % of players as you get closer to tier 10. The game can remind them of what skill metric they need to improve to move on up. Maybe even offer additional in game tutorials. Also offer certain camo and or attachments for reaching certain skill bars as well. WG could get creative with dog treat incentives for those without any real team honor of their own volition. Something like discounts or bonuses, much like the clan levels.

Yes i agree but that could all tie together as well

ToeTagAndBagEm #16 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:18 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21148 battles
  • [FUSAG]
I think this current proves this is needed more than ever NOW. Omg man. Every team camping and not knowing what they are doing at all just wow

Judgementbringer #17 Posted 14 July 2018 - 05:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 33835 battles
  • [PNWM]
The only way to solve this problem is to try and teach the newbs one on one.  I do this occasionally when I find those who really want to excell.  I mostly focus on shooting mechanics and ammo use.  It helps, in most cases.  Some just get insulted, but those are the ones that are to proud to take advice and have hit ratios below 50%.

ToeTagAndBagEm #18 Posted 15 July 2018 - 05:25 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21148 battles
  • [FUSAG]

View PostJudgementbringer, on 14 July 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

The only way to solve this problem is to try and teach the newbs one on one.  I do this occasionally when I find those who really want to excell.  I mostly focus on shooting mechanics and ammo use.  It helps, in most cases.  Some just get insulted, but those are the ones that are to proud to take advice and have hit ratios below 50%.

I have with 3 or 4 but normally they pay any attention and keep doing it all the same way they were.  I have had 1 listen and do better but im not the best one for teaching anyway but still some is better than none when it comes to logic

oldman15000 #19 Posted 17 July 2018 - 08:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1249 battles

First of all, I am a noob.  It would seem to me if you wanted at least some level of training why not have a minimum number of battles that you must play before you can move up a tier?  Maybe 50, 100, or whatever number makes sense.  The best solution I think, would be to not let a player move up a tier until they reached a certain level of victories, say 45% in each tier.  Again I am a noob and probably don't know enough to make an intelligent suggestion but, with the little bit of game play I have and the other suggestions I see in this thread, it might be worth a shot.  I doubt WG would ever do it though.

__Crusader6__ #20 Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:43 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 54473 battles
  • [III]

What is the bar then?  Who gets to decide? 

My idea of good is probably vastly different than yours.  

I’m all for a better tutorial, but let’s face it, WG still talks about the heavy way and the medium route on maps...

I’m not sure I trust a WG tutorial for improved gameplay...

Tank Hoarder: 344 tanks in Garage:  347/347 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

TRIARII PLATINUM CARD WALLET WARRIORS - Funding your Blitz experience since 2014

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users