Before getting another tank of any kind

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

ReDYeViL #21 Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13122 battles
  • [GZR]

Bringing this up again since I have recently notice an influx of new players playing at high tiers with only a few games under their belt, like Tier 7/8 premiums and less that 100 games, and have no idea what they're doing.

I think a possible cause of this was the ditching of Spare Parts, I know that they were not popular, but I think removing both the spare parts and the time element has encouraged new players to jump up tiers far to quickly, with only 7 in a team if 3 of them are newbies (I hate the expression 'noobs', it's really a poor excuse for players to use when they lack ability or have messed up) your game can be totally ruined, that's why the tiers are there.

I really think we need some kind of qualification system to allow players to move up to the next tier, like a rank that then gives them access to the next tier (including tank drops)

I am reminded of Americas Army where you had to qualify before you could use different skills/weapons. people were proud to have achieved the next level, rank systems are used in many other games too, why not here ?

As far as encouraging more players to the game it must be better for new players not to be voted down for not supporting the team and getting warnings (I've had a couple and it almost made me quit the game).

»¥«

Kaos_Dynamo #22 Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16640 battles
  • [7CAV]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 28 June 2018 - 09:05 PM, said:

You don’t understand the problem you are trying to solve.  The problem is lack of give-a-care.    Come up with a way to make the 4x%’s care more, and they will improve.  If you fail to address their give-a-care, you idea is a failure.

Peace-

Boris

You have evidence of this? Just a theory? You’ve talked to all the new players?

If I’m not given the correct tool set for anything and I don’t know I’m missing them, it is less likely that I will be able to get more involved.

Kaos_Dynamo #23 Posted 19 August 2018 - 02:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16640 battles
  • [7CAV]

View PostReDYeViL, on 13 August 2018 - 09:15 AM, said:

Bringing this up again since I have recently notice an influx of new players playing at high tiers with only a few games under their belt, like Tier 7/8 premiums and less that 100 games, and have no idea what they're doing.

I think a possible cause of this was the ditching of Spare Parts, I know that they were not popular, but I think removing both the spare parts and the time element has encouraged new players to jump up tiers far to quickly, with only 7 in a team if 3 of them are newbies (I hate the expression 'noobs', it's really a poor excuse for players to use when they lack ability or have messed up) your game can be totally ruined, that's why the tiers are there.

I really think we need some kind of qualification system to allow players to move up to the next tier, like a rank that then gives them access to the next tier (including tank drops)

I am reminded of Americas Army where you had to qualify before you could use different skills/weapons. people were proud to have achieved the next level, rank systems are used in many other games too, why not here ?

As far as encouraging more players to the game it must be better for new players not to be voted down for not supporting the team and getting warnings (I've had a couple and it almost made me quit the game).

Sk8 has an excellent YouTube video about this: Low Tier Rebuild Feedback - Update 5.1 - 5.3 - Wot Blitz

I would definitely like to see something like his tutorial demo at the end.

Also, he did actually talk to new players.

I posted elsewhere that these could be spread through tier 1-5 to introduce more advanced tactics. Match new players exp with new tactics.

ToeTagAndBagEm #24 Posted 18 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21144 battles
  • [FUSAG]
Something with all the ideas and input here could make somethings better id think.

But for it to make it more intrest gaining for new players it could be set as goals
So they do tutorials per tank/tier/type then have to have X amount of battles to move up tiers or to the next tank. Inturn some skill learned before jumping ahead and costing teams wins

Maybe even a medal for moving up amd completing the tutorials and getting to the next tank

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users