I was wrong. This forum isn't ours at all.

community pledge lack of support moderators wanted ship with no captain trolls at the helm

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

VikkoTheTusken #1 Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:28 AM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 19226 battles
  • [III-H]

Some of you may remember when I discussed this forum being ours in [This Thread]. I was mistaken. It was our forum - and unlike the WOT PC forums which make this one look like as peaceful as Buddhist monks making a mandala out of sand - It's been overran. 

The departure of our moderators who lived and worked in this hemisphere have left a void so large that mashing the report button, citing individual paragraphs of the Forum Rules and in-boxing our current administrators yields zero results. 

The last time I called out a moderator for not answering a question and praising his predecessors yielded a 3-day ban, while other threads were ignored by staff and permitted to thrive - all still haven't been closed

This was our forum. It stopped being a place to go to seek guidance, share information, discuss passion of for the game and to foster friendships when threads stopped being locked, bans stopped being issued, anime fandom had a too-noticeable presence and staff engagement was limited to patch updates. This boat is without a captain. Now there's nobody at the helm. The Red-Bull addled adolescents outnumber the mature people (of all ages). As much as others and myself have tried, we're on the losing end of the battle. Let em' have it. This forum is as toxic and pernicious as the WOTLABS forum was before it became derelict and all but abandoned, only to be trolled by Kolni and bunch - which ended up seeing folks trolling each other. All the like-minded folks jumped ship until there were so few, it went under. 

About WOTLABS for you PC folks

I'm jumping off this ship and swimming to shore. I found a morsel of wisdom on the WOT PC forums (strange, given what I said in my second sentence on this thread). Found [HERE], player Grisbane says,

View PostGrisbane, on 05 June 2018 - 08:39 AM, said:

I feel like a broken record, WGNA can respond but Minsk doesn't care.  This server is profit farm only, Belarus not only does not like, but actively opposes any NATO country. If you expect WG HQ to defer from the national viewpoint, I feel bad for you.  Go to the Russian forums if you want even the slimmest chance of an actual response beyond lip service, you are wasting your time here. 

I respect his willingness to speak the truth. I also respect his candor and wisdom. Some of you readers will likely scoff and reply saying something like, "I've been saying that all along".  Me too. But I caught a ban for it months ago as mentioned above. After having read it written in a way that I wish I could have said first I realize this forum isn't the place for me. The incessant bickering between one another, personal attacks, matchmaking unrest, purposeful troll posts with clear intent to cause disruptions leave me perplexed why I've stuck it out for as long as I have. 

I'll log in from time to time to see if there are any PM's from folks, but my days of responding to and posting here are over. My ignore list is 5 pages long. At this rate I won't have anyone to talk to but my clan-mates and a few others out there (you know who you are). Why bother if each thread I look at has nearly every post with the white squared, "This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by TROLL PERSON" ? 

As I said, you can find me on various Discord servers in addition to:

• Occasional posts, generally YouTube related on the WoTBlitz Subreddit

• A few of you that have been here more than a minute and aren't on your 12th reroll/troll account know I have a YouTube channel. It's been dormant for a bit as I'm in the middle of an Army move from Fort Eustis, Virginia to Fort Lewis, Washington. The channel has been all but dormant since August due to real-world commitments. I'm lucky to be in the middle of 35 days of leave. The channel will pick up again once I'm settled in. 

To the trolls:  Don't for one second think this is some sort of "win". It isn't. You lot are so virulent, so disgusting, I think I need some sort of vaccination to ensure I don't transmit some sort of communicable disease to my family. You can sit at your bedroom desk, bean bag chair or whatever it is you sit in - sip your energy drink, get those small adolescent hands covered in fennel stem powder and know that you lose. The worse you kiddos get, the more narcissistic you become - The more you'll tear each other apart. You Lose in the long-game. 

Don't forget to study

To the staff - I see your "last active" time on your profiles. You log in, you log out . No locked threads, no bans, no warnings, no edits in red... why?   I suspect it's partly due to my quoted comment above by Grisbane. I get it. You have to balance your moderation time between NA, ASIA and EU. I've seen what a robust presence of moderators look like on the WoTBlitz RU forum .  You folks are busy, I understand. It is unarguably difficult to manage three other forums in multiple time-zones when there's just a handful of you. It's a thankless job and I can see why there's been so many shortcomings with respect to your engagement of the NA community. At least we know details about patch updates. 

So long, folks. Try not to tear each other apart with photos of lynchings, telling each other to be quiet  or being over the top racist. But hey, none of the threads in the preceding sentence that I linked are closed. Under the Sly/Cabbage/Niko/Alo regime, that wouldn't be the case. 

So long.

Our position has been overran and I'm calling it. Broken Arrow

TL;DR

Rage Quit? Bad Teams? MM got you down? Click HERE for my Blitz Guide to better tanking

Twitter     Facebook     YouTube

My presence here on the forums is over. You can find me at the links above and on various Discord servers. If you're curious or feel like trolling, peruse [This Thread]

M1AbramsCommander #2 Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:32 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16516 battles
  • [AR-15]
Make the Blitz Forums Great Again! Hell, we want the old Blitz back. We want our voices heard!!! Let's march and protest this outside of a WG HQ. <o :izmena:

Edited by M1AbramsCommander, 29 June 2018 - 04:32 AM.

Proud Owner of an AR-15 and M18 Hellcat!

My NoobTube Channel: https://www.youtube....ZpLHfMxQAY-ARLQ

reluctanttheist #3 Posted 29 June 2018 - 04:36 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 22885 battles
  • [III-H]
It's ours in every useful thread we make.  Sure, the house is more like a dystopian outlaw city that would make a great backdrop for another Blade Runner sequel, but what did we expect?

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

RoadKutter #4 Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:02 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 30437 battles
  • [III-H]

Your thread makes it ours Vikko! We did go from a full support staff , moderation and open discussion to this. A fly by night, quick answers and language barriers.

Lord of the Flies comes to mind.  

then again I would not be surprised if this forum got upgraded to the super level of WWSB forums. 

Stopped caring about winning and just playing for FUN!

BrickSniper33A #5 Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:35 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 65 battles

I agree.

I mostly stick around because this was really the place that helped me become a reasonably good player oh so many years ago. I feel a certain attachment to it. But honestly, WG plain and simple, cares about NA and its monetary potential. But they don't care enough.

I hate to be this pessimistic, but blitz, while its continued to thrive both monetarily, and in terms of content, has evolved to the point where customer interaction is even lower on WGs' list of priorities than Japanese heavies.

And why should they care? Not interacting with us MUST not be damaging their income very heavily, or else they would've brought back mod-player interaction ages ago. There is no denying that the mods that WG have now are vastly overstepped with multitask managing all the forums of all the servers, but that is WGs' choice to have minimal staff and interaction on that front.

I still go back here and there to read the fun talks we had with sly and the gang which feel like they happened a decade ago. 

o7 Vikko. Ruckus and friends might've had the right idea to jump ship early. I'll hopefully still see you on discord. 

Maybe I'm being too pessimistic, I'm well aware that it's often one of my predominant traits. But I do feel that this World Of Titanic Blitz is heading for a damn big iceberg. It may be a long way away, and the smarter members of the crew might jump ship early. But it'll hit it eventually.

Oh, and a flip off to WGs' policy of no community interaction. Because why tf not?  

Edited by BrickSniper33A, 29 June 2018 - 05:38 AM.

In civilized countries saying Star Wars is better than Dr. Who and Star Trek should be punishable by death.

Official Cybermen obsessed Dr. Who nerd and omnisexual pervert of Blitz https://www.blitzsta...m/BrickSniper33

mike82198 #6 Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:50 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38657 battles
  • [PRAMO]

I don’t think this forum has ever been more “ours” - it reflects its inhabitants likes, dislikes and characters more than ever. 

In the past the forum was somewhat closely monitored by WG without providing users any substantial answers or meaningful information. Now there’s completely free reign and limited direct on topic interaction. 

You can have completely open discussion about anyone and everything that comes to people’s minds - no matter how off topic, stupid, idiotic or offensive. Observe:

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/96515-pramo/page__st__20__pid__1502909#entry1502909

View Postaudeuce02, on 24 June 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Congratulations

Serious question.  How tall was the Russian stripper/hooker they had as host?

If you’re wondering how it got to this level, then the answer is simple: in WG’s absence the community failed to police itself and has been run over by a flood of garbage that has displaced almost all else. People ignored the trolls - so they got comfortable and have overwhelmed the place. 

This forum’s months - if not weeks - must be numbered. It adds absolutely no value to WG or to the vast majority of the player-base. It’s only a matter of time before this obsolete and costly relic is replaced by a free and simple discord server. 

View PostBrickSniper33A, on 29 June 2018 - 12:35 AM, said:

Oh, and a flip off to WGs' policy of no community interaction. Because why tf not? 

If my memory serves me, you sit on the PRAMO discord. So do Zloydd and Ribble. You could DM and ask whatever question you want. That’s what I do. They answer. If you expect them to peruse these forums for content...

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/96659-petition-to-permanently-chat-ban-omk/

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/96682-when-did-we-all-get-so-sensitive/

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/96681-tootsie-roll/

Top 3 current threads. Let’s be real. 

Edited by mike82198, 29 June 2018 - 06:00 AM.

nino223 #7 Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:58 AM

The Raven

• Players
  • 23933 battles
  • [ADG]

If everyone would ignore the trolls, this forum would be a much better place. As it is troll threads become multiple page tirades while tank discussions get lost in the crap-fest.

I eagerly await the continuation of “Camping in the Wild”

BrickSniper33A #8 Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 65 battles

View Postmike82198, on 29 June 2018 - 05:50 AM, said:

I don’t think this forum has ever been more “ours” - it reflects its inhabitants likes, dislikes and characters more than ever. 

In the past the forum was somewhat closely monitored by WG without providing users any substantial answers or meaningful information. Now there’s completely free reign and limited direct on topic interaction. 

You can have completely open discussion about anyone and everything that comes to people’s minds - no matter how off topic, stupid, idiotic or offensive. Observe:

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/96515-pramo/page__st__20__pid__1502909#entry1502909

If you’re wondering how it got to this level, then the answer is simple: in WG’s absence the community failed to police itself and has been run over by a flood of garbage that has displaced almost all else. People ignored the trolls - so they got comfortable and have overwhelmed the place. 

This forum’s months - if not weeks - must be numbered. It adds absolutely no value to WG or to the vast majority of the player-base. It’s only a matter of time before this obsolete and costly relic is replaced by a free and simple discord server. 

If my memory serves me, you sit on the PRAMO discord. So do Zloydd and Ribble. You could DM and ask whatever question you want. That’s what I do. They answer. If you expect them to peruse these forums for content...

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/96659-petition-to-permanently-chat-ban-omk/

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/96682-when-did-we-all-get-so-sensitive/

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/96681-tootsie-roll/

Top 3 current threads. Let’s be real. 

I don't expect nor demand that ribble and his party should respond to every little question, and police every forum topic put forth to them. They are human, and can only do so much. But WG has its moderation team seriously understaffed. We need our own mods, as does EU and Asia. I respect ribble, zloydd, max and the gang, and for how big of a task they have, I'm amazed they're doing as well as they are. But as I stated, whether it be my usually thick headed and pessimistic attitude or not, it's my opinion that WG doesn't consider increased social interaction with the community and moderation of the forums a high enough priority to do anything about it. I could be wrong, and they simply can't afford or can't find any decent mods for the forums. Or perhaps they're already working on a solution, maybe a discord server as you said. But I find that slightly unlikely. 

Again, I say stuff as it comes into my head, a moronic habit that often ends up with me eating my own words. 

Edited by BrickSniper33A, 29 June 2018 - 06:24 AM.

In civilized countries saying Star Wars is better than Dr. Who and Star Trek should be punishable by death.

Official Cybermen obsessed Dr. Who nerd and omnisexual pervert of Blitz https://www.blitzsta...m/BrickSniper33

reluctanttheist #9 Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:35 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 22885 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postmike82198, on 28 June 2018 - 09:50 PM, said:

We can't police this server because of US labour laws.  So if WG doesn't do it, it's the wild west.  Whatever, I can deal with that.

You and many other PRAMO players add tons of value to the game when you post.  With an international title under your belts, WG will give this forum more credibility the more we post or answer questions from new players who come here.  The trolls will troll, but as long as questions are getting answered, this forum costs what, $10 a month to keep running?

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

reluctanttheist #10 Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:40 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 22885 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostBrickSniper33A, on 28 June 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

I respect ribble, zloydd, max and the gang, and for how big of a task they have, I'm amazed they're doing as well as they are. But as I stated, whether it be my usually thick headed and pessimistic attitude or not, it's my opinion that WG doesn't consider increased social interaction with the community and moderation of the forums a high enough priority to do anything about it. 

Spot on methinks - they tell us what's coming, and watch for bugs that they need to check up on.  There's some real positive interaction too - recalling Ribble's amusement with the term "RNGesus".  

We're at a new state of equilibrium in terms of WG input into the NA world.  We may just a thicker skin here... sticks and stones, right?  Que cera, cera

ScumbagJuJu #11 Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:50 AM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 25280 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 29 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

Spot on methinks - they tell us what's coming, and watch for bugs that they need to check up on.  There's some real positive interaction too - recalling Ribble's amusement with the term "RNGesus".  

We're at a new state of equilibrium in terms of WG input into the NA world.  We may just a thicker skin here... sticks and stones, right?  Que cera, cera

Ribble and I actually talked about this in Seattle. The delight on his face as he recalled moment of stumbling on the term RNGesus and how funny and clever it was. So cool to meet the guy in real life and talk about the forums. We had some good laughs over some adult beverages. One of my highlight moments from Seattle Mobile Masters was getting to hang out with him. 

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas 17/Seattle 18 Mobile Masters Finalist

Spring Season Professional Champion

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count

BrickSniper33A #12 Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 65 battles

View Postreluctanttheist, on 29 June 2018 - 06:40 AM, said:

True. I'm a big fan of Ribble. But the frequency of interaction and intervention just feels too minimal in my opinion. Of course, it might just be me. Perhaps I just don't watch the forums as closely as I used to. Either way, just my opinion.  

mike82198 #13 Posted 29 June 2018 - 08:02 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 38657 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 29 June 2018 - 01:35 AM, said:

We can't police this server because of US labour laws.  So if WG doesn't do it, it's the wild west.  Whatever, I can deal with that.

You and many other PRAMO players add tons of value to the game when you post.  With an international title under your belts, WG will give this forum more credibility the more we post or answer questions from new players who come here.  The trolls will troll, but as long as questions are getting answered, this forum costs what, $10 a month to keep running?

Self-policing doesn't mean giving you and OMK the power to ban people. There's more subtle and less formal ways in which a community can show what it stands for. Either way, the Wild West you tolerate is an anathema to most of the playerbase - including almost every single one of this game's top players. I come here once a month to submit my list of testers or to see what trolls have written if there's a major tournament. There's always absolutely vomit inducing trolling (see above quoted reference to the lovely person who is the rep for the Chinese server), zero interesting or enlightening game discussion, and a "state of the forums" thread. 

Blitz is a 180~ person operation with fewer than a dozen in community facing roles. Having three almost identical conversations (here, on EU and on Asia) with tiny audiences is needlessly time consuming and ineffective, while having out of control racism, bigotry and trolling on the official WG domain is embarrassing. There's no meaningful body of knowledge here anyway - all the long and informative posts are outdated and the unicums who wrote them are all gone. Most current useful content is on YouTube. One official English discord server with a few read only announcement channels will outdo the forums in their current state. I'm willing to bet that already far more people get their game news from community/clan discord servers than the official forums. 

acrisis #14 Posted 29 June 2018 - 09:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20198 battles
  • [III-X]

It would not take much for a company like WG to be more socially engaged with its players. Plenty of ideas and opportunities have been given to them, but none realized. Instead came staff cutbacks, centralization and language barriers. The forum is now an afterthought

While doing away with the forums will probably be next ( and the non-ru servers could easily get a section on the ru one with a domain forward ) ... I wish WG good luck; if they think they will need less staff and moderation, with a switch to Discord. 

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
BCC Discord invite | BCC Forum Thread
Looney Tooners | Triarii | Blitz University | Basic Training  | Mentor
2.8 Blitz EconomyGot lag? =>  Pingplotter thread 

__Crusader6__ #15 Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:04 AM

BANNED

• Players
  • 54470 battles
  • [III]

View Postreluctanttheist, on 29 June 2018 - 01:35 AM, said:

We can't police this server because of US labour laws. 

Patently untrue.   Many forums have unpaid staff and moderators that volunteer their time.  

I’ve heard that one time and time again - and it’s always wrong.  

WG is simply unwilling to do it.  

They may believe it due to liability, but honestly they increase their liability without moderation.    

Tank Hoarder: 344 tanks in Garage:  347/347 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

TRIARII PLATINUM CARD WALLET WARRIORS - Funding your Blitz experience since 2014

SpartacusDiablo #16 Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:09 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 16727 battles
  • [III-P]

Well Vikko I hate to see you go but I love to watch you leave...  No wait that isn't right.:confused:

I know you and I had a chat about this via PM a day or so ago so you know where I stand on this.

I wish ya the best and gave you a bonus +1 for the Rick and Morty gif.  

Good players take RNG and MM into account when they make decisions in game.  They take what the game gives them and more often then not win in the end.  Bad players on the other hand come to the forum and whine because they are unable to adjust their playstyle to deal with the hand they have been dealt.  Don't be a bad player.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

__Crusader6__ #17 Posted 29 June 2018 - 10:11 AM

BANNED

• Players
  • 54470 battles
  • [III]

FWIW several threads got moved/Locked/deleted last night (Russian daytime) 

Tank Hoarder: 344 tanks in Garage:  347/347 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

TRIARII PLATINUM CARD WALLET WARRIORS - Funding your Blitz experience since 2014

krietenstein34 #18 Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:28 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25337 battles
  • [HAHA]
The forum is fine.   If you don't like it, it's your own (mine included) fault.  We reap what we sow.   Don't like a stupid thread ?   Don't poke it. 
Bacon is delicious, don't waste it feeding the Carp. 

Dr_Heimlich #19 Posted 29 June 2018 - 11:57 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1414 battles
  • [MOMB]

View Postkrietenstein34, on 29 June 2018 - 11:28 AM, said:

The forum is fine.   If you don't like it, it's your own (mine included) fault.  We reap what we sow.   Don't like a stupid thread ?   Don't poke it. 

this x10...

cjcourtney1 #20 Posted 29 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24475 battles
  • [S3MC]
...sounds like general chat right before the plug got pulled.no mods ever around but blamed the community. 

Edited by cjcourtney1, 29 June 2018 - 01:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users