Map Tactics etc.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Mall_ninja42 #21 Posted 30 June 2018 - 11:18 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11915 battles
  • [SKILL]

If you get this project done, it should prove to be a very good resource for the community. Commendable, sir. I look forward to it.

Btw, don't see naval frontier on the list, did that map get taken out of rotation?

much noob, working on recovery

cheesehead247365 #22 Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8353 battles
  • [TYCHE]
Your Black Goldville sketch once again proves going town is bad, just like DMG always says. Wished more players would get this 

truman1000 #23 Posted 30 June 2018 - 02:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23102 battles

View PostPosit1ve_, on 29 June 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

Well, I find the strong positions in encounter are also strong positions in supremacy. The thing about map tactics is positions may fade in and out of usefulness depending on how the battle unfolds. 

Alpenstadt positions

Thanks for doing this. I'm still unsure of which route to take when I spawn on that map. Looks like I've been too aggressive with lights/mediums from green, as it doesn't have a position to match red's A4. 

Thatguyujustmet #24 Posted 30 June 2018 - 03:10 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 10649 battles
  • [XWING]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 29 June 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Well, I find the strong positions in encounter are also strong positions in supremacy. The thing about map tactics is positions may fade in and out of usefulness depending on how the battle unfolds. 

Anyway, I figure I'll contribute what I can to a constructive thread:

The basic key for each of the stratsketches I post will be the same: 

Blue = Early game spotting position/spotting run

Green = Generally strong positions

Yellow = Situationally strong position

Red = Areas I'd actively avoid unless necessary

Important lines of fire I've marked using dashed lines of the color of the zone they emanate from

Positions that are only useful from the opposite spawn have been marked with a circle of the color spawn you should have spawned from to make use of the position

Dynasty's Pearl positions
Alpenstadt positions
Winter Malinovka positions

More to be added later

Very interesting.  If I tried to do this my maps would be an absolute mess of colors.  I do think you should take a look at the spawns of Black Goldville/Winter Mal.  Very strong camping positions should the situation call for it and if you’re in the tank for it.  Winter Mal it’s only the North Spawn and you need a tank with armor.  Black Goldville has options for both spawns and has bush cover, so armor isn’t neccessarily needed.

Obviously these are situation positions, but a good spawn camp can crush a red medium team that gets a bit overenthusiastic about winning a flank.

(I should add, this is a mid/low tier thing due to camo values/spotting range... well, as far as I know.  I did call it for a jg 8.8 on my team once in a high tier game and it worked marvelously.)

Edited by Thatguyujustmet, 30 June 2018 - 03:17 PM.

__Crusader6__ #25 Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:49 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 54340 battles
  • [III]

Sorry some honeydo’s are cramping my efforts. 

Apparently redoing some landscaping in the front of our house is more important than anything in Blitz according to my wife...

I’m trying to get screenshots of positions as well as map inspector shots incorporated too, and blend it with StratSketch layouts. 

Part of the issue is I usually have two to three primary positions I will use on maps, simply as some are team reliant. 

The secondary’s from there - and a lot of my preliminary work on maps looks like a lunatic did it.  

So I need to re edit several to make sense to others than just me. 

Tank Hoarder: 344 tanks in Garage:  347/347 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

TRIARII PLATINUM CARD WALLET WARRIORS - Funding your Blitz experience since 2014

Dikc_Dallas #26 Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28176 battles
  • [DEF_D]

View Postminitel_NA, on 29 June 2018 - 07:33 PM, said:

Im only talking encounter, supremacy is a different game that I’m not playing. Consider everything to be the opposite in supremacy and you aren’t far from wisdom. 

• Park. there is a single place where to rush and spot if you are a light armorless.
  • Park. There are a many many nice spots to go hull down and dig in to block reds if you are a hard turret and gun depression type of tank
  • Park. there are a few long lines of fire if you are a td and if your team understand that they need to bait enemy into your lane. One of these lines is just spawn camping and onlooking towards the park.
  • park. A lot of the position in park involve rotating around those small mounds , consider it like dials on a safe, and youn rotate them until someone gets crunched in the wrong combinations.
  • An alternate to that is to try to rotate the furthest mound from the action, and a few of them have bushes, if you get that line of fire from a bush you might be able to do decent damage into town without chasing tails. 
  • Town. Town is a bit trickier, u don’t want to get flanked so park should be taken care off first. Like in any map in blitz, controlling the open field is controlling the enemy’s movements. 
  • Town. If the situation is stalled. A light tank might want to flank through town. 
  • Town. Sometimes capping can call reds into some deadly lines of fire.

Overall this map is so small, you can think that any position you are in should be abandoned after a few seconds, to be occupied again in the next few seconds. Hope that helped. You can also study the lines of fire, viewranges in map inspector. Or also retro analyzed and run the game backwards. Especially how you died, each time you are in that map. That helped me. 

Thanks for the pointers!  I will take these notes to heart and see how I can best put them to use. 

I definitely have to review more replays.

DanAnsomeHansome #27 Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34069 battles
  • [MOMS]
If they turn friendly fire back on I will shoot every American heavy that goes town in middllburg.

__Crusader6__ #28 Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:11 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 54340 battles
  • [III]

http://forum.wotblit...k-1-alpenstadt/

I put up some stuff on Alpenstadt -- call it work in progress #1

Tank Hoarder: 344 tanks in Garage:  347/347 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

TRIARII PLATINUM CARD WALLET WARRIORS - Funding your Blitz experience since 2014

SullBhit #29 Posted 02 July 2018 - 03:23 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18236 battles
  • [CLEAR]
Why did you leave off Himmelsdorf?  This is my least favorite map that causes uncertainty for me...  rails offers almost no hull down and the heavy corridor can easily bog you down in a very slow game of attrition.

Himmelsdorf, please.

InkaPanzer #30 Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:05 PM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 42171 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View PostSullBhit, on 02 July 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

Why did you leave off Himmelsdorf? This is my least favorite map that causes uncertainty for me... rails offers almost no hull down and the heavy corridor can easily bog you down in a very slow game of attrition.

Himmelsdorf, please.

Tier 6 is so hard for you?

Saludos desde Perú!

InkaPanzer #31 Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:06 PM

Tanquista Peruano

• Players
  • 42171 battles
  • [DBLAT]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 02 July 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

http://forum.wotblit...k-1-alpenstadt/

I put up some stuff on Alpenstadt -- call it work in progress #1

THANKS C6! impressive material....

Saludos desde Perú!

__Crusader6__ #32 Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:08 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 54340 battles
  • [III]

View PostSullBhit, on 02 July 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

Why did you leave off Himmelsdorf? This is my least favorite map that causes uncertainty for me... rails offers almost no hull down and the heavy corridor can easily bog you down in a very slow game of attrition.

Himmelsdorf, please.

My bad.  I’ll edit the first page. 

Castilla and Mayan Ruins are next up. 

SullBhit #33 Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18236 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Postmlacunza, on 02 July 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

Tier 6 is so hard for you?

I’m sorry.  What does this post mean and how does it apply to the thread?

SchnauzerKampfwagenIV #34 Posted 02 July 2018 - 06:50 PM

If injured in battle please call Dr. S. Paul Abpraller III DVM E

• Players
  • 32795 battles
  • [ISSAH]
Op this is the old stuff, the right stuff. Looking foward to it.

Wombeer #35 Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 23910 battles
  • [P_O_S]

:popcorn:this is great. I’ll add my 2 cents that Yamato harbor should generally be played with the focus on the hills, not the ship. Trying to contest the ship seems to work out even worse than town on middleburg in my experience. 

Currently Grinding: T54E1, M103, WZ-120, Foch, T95

Tech Tree Lines Completed: 22/27

SchnauzerKampfwagenIV #36 Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:33 PM

If injured in battle please call Dr. S. Paul Abpraller III DVM E

• Players
  • 32795 battles
  • [ISSAH]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 29 June 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

Anyway, I figure I'll contribute what I can to a constructive thread:

The basic key for each of the stratsketches I post will be the same: 

Blue = Early game spotting position/spotting run

Green = Generally strong positions

Yellow = Situationally strong position

Red = Areas I'd actively avoid unless necessary

Important lines of fire I've marked using dashed lines of the color of the zone they emanate from

Positions that are only useful from the opposite spawn have been marked with a circle of the color spawn you should have spawned from to make use of the position

Dynasty's Pearl positions
Alpenstadt positions
Winter Malinovka positions

More to be added later

What does the respective "1" "2" indicate? I'm sorry if I'm being dense. 

Sorimka #37 Posted 12 July 2018 - 09:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19606 battles
  • [III-P]

Cru,

HUGE, HUGE THANKS for the work on this!  I'm keeping this one pinned :)

o7

DanAnsomeHansome #38 Posted 12 July 2018 - 11:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34069 battles
  • [MOMS]

There are many variables to doing this? I mean the first one is supremacy vs encounter. Another would be tsnk makeup. How about tank type? Specific tanks? Minus one or plus 1. Pramo platoon on reds.

i remember when bushka did a new video and gave away a favorite spot the next day and for months people would fight over that spot. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users