Making best use of T-44 at tier 8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

gas3987 #1 Posted 02 July 2018 - 09:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6626 battles
  • [SFT]

I have two tier 8s, the T-44 and the IS-3 (I know they are completely different) but are my favorite to play for now - and also don't have time at the moment to start going deep down other lines.

I have done pretty well with the T-34-85 and the T-43, staying moving and pumping in damage where I can.  The 43 even makes a decent makeshift spotter if needed sometimes with the speed, and the ROF is just fun.

I have had a lot of good damage games in the T-44, and try to keep moving as much as I can.  The only time I stay still intentionally is when a good target presents itself and I have enough cover to get 2+ shots off and whittle the hit points some.

Where I need advice is how to best utilize this tank to support the team.  I've noticed a lot of premium drivers on both red and green teams who I suspect didn't work their way up the tiers.  Heavies pulling out side ways, not aiming, taking tours of the map alone and getting killed first... etc.  Since that's inevitable, what's the best way to handle this thing, that differs from its predecessors?  Are there any particularly good videos on this tank to watch?  I've checked youtube and most of what I have found is very old, many patches ago and I understand everything has changed since then.  I try to zip around supporting others, but too often I end up supporting someone who couldn't have been helped anyway.

Thanks in advance!

TikiTarr #2 Posted 02 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 42637 battles
  • [DD]

The T44 is a very fine medium, in my opinion best of the tier 8's.  It has a great view range for spotting so use this for the benefit of your team.  The gun is good too.  In general with a medium, don't sit in one spot too long.  Shoot and relocate to maximize.  The frontal armor on the 44 is also good, so angle yourself and you will get bounces.

Not a big fan of the is3.  I think is6 and T32 are better tier 8 heavies.

Good luck out there

DD

LordManaz #3 Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:05 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27921 battles
  • [HVC]

first of all use this 2 things.

Edited by LordManaz, 02 July 2018 - 05:06 PM.

gas3987 #4 Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:15 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6626 battles
  • [SFT]

View PostTikiTarr, on 02 July 2018 - 10:28 AM, said:

The T44 is a very fine medium, in my opinion best of the tier 8's.  It has a great view range for spotting so use this for the benefit of your team.  The gun is good too.  In general with a medium, don't sit in one spot too long.  Shoot and relocate to maximize.  The frontal armor on the 44 is also good, so angle yourself and you will get bounces.

Not a big fan of the is3.  I think is6 and T32 are better tier 8 heavies.

Good luck out there

I agree, when I have made it work I get high damage and can really turn the tide of the battle.  However, I think sometimes I take the scouting too aggressive or far and that could be where I lose it.  It's also tough to decide which flank to support if the team splits.

As for the IS3, I've enjoyed it a lot more than the previous IS.  Just seems to do better at the tier.  Main reason I unlocked it was I was so close to getting it I couldn't NOT finish it out, ha!

Between the two, I enjoy the medium play style more but so far my WR is way higher in the IS3, interestingly enough.

View PostLordManaz, on 02 July 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

first of all use this 2 things.

I'm pretty sure I have those but I will double check.

Thank you! 

gas3987 #5 Posted 13 July 2018 - 02:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6626 battles
  • [SFT]

I have the above mentioned equipment...

That being said, I think it's time to put the cover on my T-44 and hang out in my T-43 a while.  Just can't make it work right now.  I have many 2000 ish dmg games with multiple kills, but its just not enough.  There seems to be a plethora of heavy tanks in tier 8-9 games and I'm just not good at working against heavies with a team of heavies that doesn't heavy.  Perhaps I'm choosing the wrong targets, but I try to go for exposed, lower hp tanks or tanks harassing our team in the flanks.

I've watched a lot of videos on how to T-44 or medium at tier 8, and it has not played out like described thus far.

For now, I'll bring my stats up in the T-43 and it's all right because I love the mobility and ROF.  It's a fun little bugger!

Stay tuned, but any other advice is welcome!

Thank you all!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users