maps strategy guide

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

raellgunawesum #1 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10441 battles
  • [_GG_]

There are guides out there, but I'm making a guide that has humor and is fun to read, so boi shut up about these complaints/whines and omgwhydoesthisalwayshappen. Anyway, let's start.

Mines

Basically the first map many new tankers play on. However, I believe my first battle was in Fort Despair, but whatever. No one cares about me :(

Here is a ginormous image of mines for you to study.   Please note that Mines has been slightly expanded, so the actual map may vary a little. Only a little. It's fine. It's ok. Don't freak out.:mellow:

The green lines are the paths the green team can take. You can guess what the red lines mean. Black lines indicate direction of gunfire. the G1 G2 R1 R2 ideas were taken from the offcial WoTB wiki, but their coverage wasn't as in depth.

mkPE-bn7Vgrhn1suZnYJ7NRVZ5JOU-A4DuUSdTVi

G1

This way to infinite boredom! If you've seen the movie by Wargaming "WoT: Boredom Wars" (totally not a Marvel Avengers Infinity War rip-off) you'll know what I mean. Watch it! But all jokes aside, you will spend at least a minute sitting there and staring at your enemy. The hill is too steep for you to peek over and snipe, but there really isn't another way to go over. So you end up with the two teams on opposite sides doing nothing, with the exception of the occasional brave tank, who instantly gets 3/4 of their hit points shaved off. Ouch. :arta:No wonder why no one peeks over. (the emoji is a perfect demonstration of what happens if you peek over at the wrong time) Unfortunately for you fun lovers, this route is sadly, necessary. At least half of your team must go this route. If they don't, the enemies will easily take the hill, allowing them coverage over the whole map, and basically resulting in an instant loss. 

G2

The flanking method! DON'T try this at the beginning of the round. Personal experience has shown that you die in 30 seconds or less, as shown in the map, all enemies on the hill and camping tds will fire at you and you will die. 

G3

The other flanking route! This route again, from my experience is much better than the other one,G2. The buildings make all the difference. In G2, you don't have any cover. No matter where you hide, you will be shot. However, G3 has lots of buildings that you can hide from, sheltering you from enemies on the hill and those ANNOYING. SNIPING. TDS. So you don't die instantly. However, once you reach the town, you can't advance any further, as there will be no cover, allowing those ANNOYING TDS and hill campers to snipe you with ease.

TD Campland!!!

Before we move to the red routes, we will discuss the TD CAMPLAND! YAYYY. These spots indicated are, by observation and experience, the best TD spots on the map, allowing you to shoot enemies on the hill, and flankers alike. If you get spotted, hide behind cover, or else enemies on the hill will shoot you, dealing massive damage. 

R1

The hill route for your average red tanker Joe. Again, the path to infinite boredom. Bring those sleeping bags my friends.

R2

The interesting flank route available. NOTE: This is a red ONLY route. Do not take it as a green pleaseforthesakeoftheworldandyourwinratedon'tgothere. The red can access it, because at the end of the arrow, you will see there is a rock. This lets you shoot up at poor greens on the hill while allowing you to stay hidden from the TDs. The red side does not have such an obstacle, and as such, any flanking green will be mowed down. Trust me. I tried. A lot. You always die. This is from observation, I have actually not tried this out, but reds going that way always cost us the game.

NOTE: There  is no R3 going into the town for one reason: It's too darn far! The greens will reach there and settle down before you do, especially since you spawn with heavies on that side. You will be stopped and slowly killed greens, unless you and your team can get into the town. If you can before enemies are there, then you can run this theoretical R3. However, I have rarely seen anyone go there from the start of the match, and I rarely go there as well.

Signed:

---Rael

Posit1ve_ #2 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:11 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 42351 battles
  • [_V_]
I’m a big fan of that G2 route. If you can make it to the bottom right corner of the map there, the island will give you hull down cover to shoot the entire red team on the hill. Just the presence of one tank there will be enough to cause the entire red team hill position to collapse. If they try to dig you out, your green team TDs will be able to wreck them on the river crossing allowing you to chew them up.

301 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

Jonny_applesauce #3 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:11 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6194 battles
  • [CLEAR]

Well I would argue that going hill is actually the route to a wonderful hull down fight as long as you push up the side closest to the lighthouse - even an IS5 has enough gun depression for that side. If something like a T29 gets there it is the route to an infinite damage farm so I'm kinda confused...……….

Also you didn't even mention lights/ fast mediums rushing up on top of the hill so...……...

Edited by Jonny_applesauce, 04 July 2018 - 04:14 AM.

WoT blitz is better than WoT PC imho because no arty and +/- 1 mm.

Jonny Applesauce

raellgunawesum #4 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10441 battles
  • [_GG_]

Both suggestions are very good! I'll take more of those into account, but then it would become a bit complicated.Nevertheless, good advice! You can always learn some more. I will address fast lights/meds in another post, I don't know when, but I will. Or else you can cuss me out for being a stupid noob. 

And also I support going to the hill, I'm just saying its not as fun as other scenarios, ex.a fight in the city.

Also, Posit1ve that is a good point, however, I was sort of operating under the assumption that the reds have a decent amount of skill, and won't just ignore you.

Signed:

---Rael

Posit1ve_ #5 Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:28 AM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 42351 battles
  • [_V_]

View Postraellgunawesum, on 03 July 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

Both suggestions are very good! I'll take more of those into account, but then it would become a bit complicated.Nevertheless, good advice! You can always learn some more. I will address fast lights/meds in another post, I don't know when, but I will. Or else you can cuss me out for being a stupid noob. 

And also I support going to the hill, I'm just saying its not as fun as other scenarios, ex.a fight in the city.

Also, Posit1ve that is a good point, however, I was sort of operating under the assumption that the reds have a decent amount of skill, and won't just ignore you.

Well, once you get there, even if the reds have a decent amount of skill, they will still lose. The only thing they can do at that point to win is just try to rush your team on the hill in a coordinated push. If they try to maintain hull down positions against your team on the G1 approach, you can farm them in the back until they die. If they turn their turrets/tanks to face you, you will be a difficult hull down target, and your team on G1 can farm them in their backs until they die. If they send tanks over the water to kill you, your TDs should theoretically chew them up so killing them if they get across to you is easy. And if they do that, that leaves their forces on the hill under-strength and will likely crumble. Also, from that island position, you can spot their TDs in the spawn too. I’ve rarely lost games when I make it there.

301 tanks in the garage!

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1  (Most upvoted post on the forums!!!!)

Certified Batignolles Chatillon 25t addict

Dan_Deerso #6 Posted 04 July 2018 - 09:59 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 21086 battles
  • [MOMS]

You're overstating the crossfire on to G2 from the red hill approach. There's a big ridge blocking most of that, and rocks on the island that line up nicely with the couple of holes in the ridge that exist. Bushes galore up there, too, if you know how to abuse camo. The island at the bottom right isn't flat either, as your firing arrows seem to assume, instead it's a hulldown spot with good angles on the hill fight. TD campland can't hit you due to the big ridge conveniently blocking that corner of the map.

Town "flanking" usually gets destroyed by the TD campfest in either spawn, and even if you manage to catch them with their pants down, you've just left the fight for at least two minutes as you head around, then you're in a big open field with little cover. The only success I've had over here is by just hugging the very corner of the hill and shooting into campland, then when that's taken care of, you become the campland.

R2 is pretty sketchy, as it's counted as "soft" terrain (so your tank will be quite slow) and you typically get either proxy spotted from people trying to hold the hill or spotted from a bush on the island. Island people tear you up, if they aren't there the TD-campfest tears you up from the bushes as you emerge into yet another open field.

Also tagged with maps, strategy, guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users