M.O.M: the Mean Old Men (WoTB Chapter)

• Please log in to reply
1217 replies to this topic

MistahWig_HeDead #1 Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:43 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33671 battles
  • [MOM]

Why hi there tankster!  You've accidentally zigged when you should've zagged - something we do brilliantly in a tank - and landed on the clan thingy of M.O.M, the irascibly adorable Mean Old Men!

M.O.M is the long established massively dominant game clan from a massivelymultijackassonline WWI flight combat game, and now we're here to bleed all over your tanks.  It's like a bleedin' mean old blood blitz, it is.  Grown men desperately trying to find the rudder and aileron controls while their tanks are reduced to rubble by nine year old noobs.  And still we ask, "How d'ya get the freakin' thing to fly?!?!"  We will fly the freakin' thing or die trying, whichever comes first several thousand times.

The original concept of The M.O.M Squadron was to create a club of mature aged players, y'know, grownups, who could talk about mature things.  Like video games.  We also allow underage players to join in a targeted effort to undermine our own original concept.  As the biggest misfire in American governmental history once said, Mission Accomplished.  

Watch this space for more of the same thrilling content as time and lack of a real life permit.  Meanwhile, watch for us in-game...look for the M.O.M just under the mushroom cloud.

Who's a M.O.M?  He's a M.O.M!

(WoTB name/M.O.M name if different/name name/joint)

BStrachan/Brian/Newark, California, USA

Dentinhead/Brett/Pennsylvania, USA

Bellsaj/Tinkerhell/Anders/Umea, Sweden

Parrot225/Parrothead/Gary/Raliegh, North Carolina, USA

bLoBuLarz/Simeon/Waialua, Hawaii, USA

Oedius/Steve/Abeline,Texas, USA

Bigger_Tex/Big Tex/Hal/San Antonio, Texas, USA

ZandorHawke/Rob/Fort Worth, Texas, USA

HORSE_FLY/D I E S E L/Kemer/Spring Valley, Wisconsin, USA

Jimmy the Lip

Buckgeo/Jeff/Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

M4rtin_1/M4rtin/Martin/Martinton, New Jersey, USA

Pyro_738/YEMX/Brian/Moyock, North Carolina, USA

theo7635/Sgt. York/Ted/Bloomington, Illinois, USA

hans_one/hansone/Scott/Upstate Sticks, New York, USA

ae5sg6/Philip06/Philip/Allen, Texas, USA

_Cricket/Chuck/Warren, Michigan, USA

JimboSlice27/Jim/Chicago, Illinois, USA

jonesizzle24/Mac!/Isaac/Hudson, Wisconsin, USA

Curtisshoe/Dr.CurtisShoe/Kurt/Kent, Ohio, USA

GHOSTRIDER1_/Brad/Olney, Texas, USA

Rudolf_Rednose/Ed/The Netherlands

TEXAS_LAWMAN/TXLAWMAN/Chris/Denton, Texas, USA

Legless_Killer/Ganady/Denton, Texas, USA

_XxxTIGERxxX_/XxxReidxxX/Reid/Marietta, Georgia, USA

AuldEnemy/Alex/Feira De Santana, Brasil

shatnersbassoon/Chris/Sheffield, UK 

MakiBoy/Marcus/Huskvarna, Sweden

Frank__Baracca/Paolo/Italy

FLYMAGIC/Paul/Newport, Rhode Island, USA

GarythePink/Gary/Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada

Slapbutt/John/New York City, New York, USA

AASHKC/Anthony/Dorset, Ohio, USA

Androyce/Anders/Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA

Scuba S7eve/Steve/Dover, Delaware, USA

Berky1965/Mike/San Antonio, Texas, USA

VoightKampff/Kevin/Grandfalls, Texas, USA

The_Red5/Drew/Westland, Michigan, USA

Little_Black_Raincloud/Pete/Detroit, Michigan, USA

housed13/Dave/Boston, Massachusetts, USA

donniie/Jose Luis/Riverside, California, USA

BRUENHILLDE/Gunny/Deep East Texas, Texas, USA

fancisauce/Art/Bakersfield, California, USA

coyoteCO/Mike/Denver, Colorado, USA

konrado45_1/Konrad/Ohio, USA

DrDangle_1/Rob/Mead, Colorado, USA

jeremydrolet/Jeremy/Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

ZeroPriority/Andrew/Wyoming, USA

Bluto_31/Dan/Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA

Zapocalype/Andy/Louisville, Kentucky, USA 

Thraxton/Don/Los Santos, California, USA

CptKirkam56/Kirk/Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

neckbox/Gordon, New York City, New York, USA

thereddog66/Sam/Wyoming, USA

Duke_87/Hill/Dallas, Texas, USA

s1group/Dave/Ankeny. Iowa, USA

Labbie_Dogs/Birdie/Maria/St. Paul, Minnesota, USA

Savvybuilder/Gordon/Seattle, Washington, USA

Pwnerofpwnes/Ryan/Oviedo, Florida, USA

RoadKutter/Roman/North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

BearcatMaximus/Bear/Colorado, USA

Luft_Waffle2242/Sumeet/California. USA

ChaoticSpider/Daniel/Somerset, Wisconsin, USA

MajorMoM/Kyrie/Kansas City, Kansas, USA

Spainish/Israel/Elk Grove, California, USA

ajammer/Adam/Portland, Oregon, USA

Major_7/Aldo/Pretoria, South Africa

jack_68/Jack/Atlanta. Georgia, USA

subOhm/Josh/Redding, California, USA

Zacklanphere/Zack/Upstate New York, USA

Trapper_dude/Mark/Scottville, Michigan, USA

BIOLOGIC83/Andrew/Virginia Beach. Virginia. USA

TJKECK/Tannee/Annapolis, Maryland, USA

BloodRedRhine

Toaster423

Radar1998

Braehead62

Breachgaming

mershongraphix

Major_Ativan

Red5jr

riderrod

Trapper_dude

Well_improved

Billyg75

Luna/San Diego, California, USA

Octavia/San Diego, California, USA

Wig_______MOM/.  wig!/Rick/New York, New York, USA

Visit us at momworldorder.com for more fun than you can shake your stick at!

Membership in M.O.M is by invitation although unsolicited applications are welcome! All applications are reviewed by The Star Chamber admissions panel. Submit your information by visiting the Join page on M.O.M's official website, then hold your breath or whatever you're most comfortable holding until you've heard from M.O.M. You are also encouraged to post a greeting on this thread, but only applications submitted on our site will be considered for membership.

Yes! I have been invited to apply for membership in M.O.M! Yay me! Or I've decided to apply all on my own! Yay big mistakes! I will now submit my information here: momworldorder.com

If you have any questions or comments please direct them via email to:  

momsquadron@gmail.com

Official Rules and Owner’s Manual for your 2015 MOM LX7000

The following rules are to be adhered to on pain of horrible death, or something really serious:

Rule 1 – There are no rules in M.O.M.

Rule 2 – There is no lying in M.O.M.

Rule 3 – Rule 2 is a lie.

Rule 4 – No driving off the map.  All M.O.Ms must remain on the map for the duration of the battle or until killed, whichever comes first a few thousand times in a row every day.  Any M.O.M found driving outside the map will be viewed as innovative and summarily promoted to co-Creative Director of M.O.M. Don't say you weren't warned.

Rule 5 – Language: we encourage the use of language in M.O.M. Provided you understand that while using your handheld device to play a video game no one can hear your language.  Aside from your imaginary pet stoat. Whose name if it isn't already should be Luther.  M.O.M has always wanted a pet stoat named Luther but M.O.M's mom wouldn't let M.O.M.  M.O.M's mom could be mean.

Rule 7 – Counting to 7 was our favorite subject to skip in school so we could go out back and have us a smoke of...er...we mean, do some independent horticultural research. What you can remember of your education is a wonderful thing, kids. Stay in school.  

Rule 8 – Any member who doesn’t show up on time for his shift will be docked a half day’s pay. As our many fine British M.O.Ms would say, half of f*ckall adds up fast. Keep it in mind when Tiffany your "massage therapist" comes around to collect. Those virtual gold coins don't grow on trees.  Wait...do they?  

Rule 9 – All members of M.O.M. must be courteous to fellow players. Say “Thank you so much” after destroying someone. If it happens to be a player you despise, say, “Thank you so much you miserable #&%%*$&ing son of a ^@*$&.”  A M.O.M is nothing if not always polite.

Rule 10 – All members will adhere to the M.O.M. Principles of Tank Warfare, as follows:
Never leave your tank while playing.
Shoot stuff at the red guys or not.
Die.
Have some cake.

Amendments to the MOMstitution

Rule 11 - In the absence of suitable cake, a biscuit, flan, danish, muffin, strudel, floating island/šnenokle, allerheilligenstrietzel, marillenknödel, tompouce, cremeshnitte, eightball of crack or Oreo may be substituted.  Sorry, no pie.  

Age and Other Requirements for Membership in M.O.M.:

Tanksters applying for membership must be between the ages of 21 and 174. Unless you’re really, really good. Then you can be 3 and we wouldn’t give a rat’s ascot.

For the most part M.O.M. members are in their 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s after which point we forget how to count that high or what we just had for lunch. It looked like it used to be peas.

Applications will be subject to review by the 22-member M.O.M.Star Chamber. In case of an 8-7 tie the applicant him/herself will have the tie breaking vote and the vote will be a compulsory "undecided in absentia".

Applications should be submitted in the form of a hand written email on standard 8.5x11 paper with decorations in either poster paint, colored pencil, crayon or the blood of a virgin. M.O.M is a supporter of the arts.

Now Showing at the CineMOM 69 Multiplex

(consult your sister for showtimes)

MOMifesto

We, the members of M.O.M.The Mean Old Men, dedicate ourselves to the following principles:

We don’t know what principles are, strictly speaking, so none of these are likely to be one.

We take everything about M.O.M really, really seriously. There is no humor in M.O.M.

Intolerance will not be tolerated. No player, person or pixel is too white, too black, too large, too small, too male, too female, too advanced or too insignificant to be shot. All M.O.M’s children are equal, and all are equally dead in the eyes of M.O.M.

MOM membership age restrictions must always be observed and enforced. Therefore, any player found to be of any age will be subjected to a tribunal, judged guilty of age-ism and killed.

If you speak to other players with disrespect, rudeness, cruelty or hatred MOM will hunt you down and destroy you. And laugh without saying LOL. It’s a sardonic laugh, not a funny laugh. Remember, no humor.

There are no such words as LOL, ROFLMAO, prolly, cya, thx or sry. Use them and you will be killed by M.O.M. Unless you are in M.O.M. Then you can say whatever you please.

M.O.M decrees that all twelve year olds must die.

M.O.M decrees that all fourteen year olds must die.

M.O.M decrees that all sixteen year olds…you get the idea.

Get the hell off our lawn.

All those who observe a M.O.M member in combat and who do not, themselves, belong to M.O.M must immediately self-destruct. Any member of M.O.M who observes a non-member of M.O.M not self-destructing after observing a member of M.O.M may manually destroy that non-M.O.M member. There are no exceptions except as stipulated in Rule #6.

CAKE tastes good.

M.O.M Squadron members acknowledge their pseudo-faux-virtual-siblinghood on the valorous fields of wherever and pledge themselves to uphold the principle without knowing what a principle is that M.O.M does not suck but you, if you are not M.O.M, do.  Particularly if you're young.  Young things make M.O.M feel mean.

M.O.M, fights for Truth, Justice, and the Mean Old Way. Now, seriously, get the hell off our lawn. Don’t make M.O.M tell you twice.

Edited by Wig_______MOM, 24 July 2015 - 09:49 AM.

WigipediA

Monopower #2 Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9387 battles
  • [RBLN]
This is hilarious. Good luck competing for members with triarii...

Monopower #3 Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:55 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 9387 battles
  • [RBLN]
Also, welcome to the forums Wignatz! (Can I call you wrw?)

HeIIome #4 Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:45 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7922 battles
Another old farts clan lol

naktl #5 Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:02 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18714 battles
  • [III]

Heya Wignatz.  Welcome.  Take a look over here and let us know what you think:

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/2733-old-guys-thread/#topmost

http://triariiclan.iclanwebsites.com

Let us know if you need any help.  ThunderThies is our official inter-clan diplomat.  Once we have some sort of team rooms I am sure we can have some good fun attempting to bludgeon one another to death with our canes.

YenJay10 #6 Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:20 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15430 battles
  • [III-X]
Hey nice to know we have another "mature" clan 

Edited by YenJay10, 23 December 2014 - 11:44 AM.

ApoC247 #7 Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:32 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12587 battles
  • [VKILL]
Hey I'm mean and old,sign me up.
A coward dies a thousand deaths,a hero only once! See you on the battlefield.

MistahWig_HeDead #8 Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:01 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33671 battles
  • [MOM]

View PostMonopower, on 23 December 2014 - 06:55 AM, said:

Also, welcome to the forums Wignatz! (Can I call you wrw?)

Thanks Monopower!  Feel free to call me wrw but most of the M.O.Ms call me Wig.  We've been playing a game called Dogfight for, in some cases, as much as five years.  In that time the game has grown from a modest one-man hobby project to what it is today; a laggy modest one-man hobby project.  With tens of millions of claimed downloads and a new glitch for each of 'em.  While many of us are WWI aviation buffs and some are Rise of Flight players we're all handheld jockeys and big fans of quality game design.  WoTB clearly has a lock on that!  

I haven't even ventured out into this forum yet, just trying to get a base established for the couple hundred members in our club many of whom will very likely be picking up with us here.  I'm looking forward to getting to know the community and the other groups with a focus on members of...advancing youth.  

WigipediA

MistahWig_HeDead #9 Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:19 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33671 battles
  • [MOM]

View Postnaktl, on 23 December 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

Heya Wignatz.  Welcome.  Take a look over here and let us know what you think:

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/2733-old-guys-thread/#topmost

http://triariiclan.iclanwebsites.com

Let us know if you need any help.  ThunderThies is our official inter-clan diplomat.  Once we have some sort of team rooms I am sure we can have some good fun attempting to bludgeon one another to death with our canes.

Brilliant stuff, Naktl, thanks for the links and the warm old welcome!  I'm delighted to find such articulate content in my first foray out into the WoTB forum, most encouraging.  Like Triarii, M.O.M's ranks include the chronologically old and the mature-for-their-age.  Easily the most mature M.O.M in the joint hasn't yet turned six.  But I don't know that he'll be joining us here, he's generally busy with weightier matters.  

I see that you're using iclanwebsites for the freestanding site, I'd love to pick whichever brain of Triarii's works with the site, it's among the hosts I've shortlisted for us as we migrate our stuff from the current game forum.  I'm sure, though, that it's a solid choice based upon the glowing reviews I've read.  

Thanks especially for the offer of help, I appreciate it.  

WigipediA

naktl #10 Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:41 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 18714 battles
  • [III]

View PostWignatzRatzkyWatzky, on 23 December 2014 - 03:19 AM, said:

I see that you're using iclanwebsites for the freestanding site, I'd love to pick whichever brain of Triarii's works with the site, it's among the hosts I've shortlisted for us as we migrate our stuff from the current game forum.  I'm sure, though, that it's a solid choice based upon the glowing reviews I've read.

Talk with Str8UpJack about iClans.  I think you will get mixed reviews at best.  One of the issues with a site is that the game is mobile and therefore people are often accessing the site from mobile devices.  Most forums, including this WG site, have not accommodated the user base.  There are other issues as well as some good points.

We frequently have Gladiator nights during which we all get on the same TS channel and do a a countdown for the Battle button in an attempt to get as many of us as possible on the same map exploding each other's tanks.  It is usually pretty chaotic and fun.  Talk to ThunderThies or ENO75 (The Backwards One) about getting in on that sometime.

Oedius #11 Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18309 battles
  • [MOM2]

Hello, gentlemen!  Reporting in to the new digs before getting ready for another melancholy work day.

To say that I am very impressed with WoTB would be an understatement. Thank you all for the warm welcome and I look forward to giving you some easy target practice. 

flyingmuck #12 Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6954 battles
Ok, am I in or have I screwed up......again

flyingmuck #13 Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6954 battles
And can I have my old room, it has that musty lived in feeling.

flyingmuck #14 Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:55 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6954 battles
Wow! Someone called us mature.....is he in for an eye opening!

34thChromosome #15 Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

I Blame Rocket

• Players
  • 15273 battles
  • [DD-R]

As productive as that is, I've seen your stats. You aren't even good at predicting the present.

-clever_pseudonym 

Bellsaj #16 Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:01 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16570 battles
  • [MOM]

Nice Wig!

If I could find my way here, so can the others.

should we do a presentation of ourselves?

I'll  do a brief one.

I'm Bellsaj or Bell or Tink (like the sound of my bullets bouncing off your tank) whichever you like.

I just started to play this game and you will probably think I'm drunk if you  end up in the same game as me. I can't get the freaking tanks to drive in a straight line and I keep bumping into every obstacle in my path.

Anyways, from the nothern Sweden I wish you all a merry Christmas, god midvinterblot, happy holidays 

"Slutstation" doesn't mean what you think. But shame on you for thinking it. 

She's a nice, wholesome Swedish girl.  The kind you'd bring home to meet your M.O.M.

_Ax_ #17 Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:04 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 25450 battles
Good luck men!  See you out there!

flyingmuck #18 Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6954 battles
Couple of questions...where's Jimmy the Lip, can we kill new friends we make here, please, can I bring the sheeps, does rule 6 apply, where can I get a flock of camels, is Tex bringing his BBQ.

AStateOfTrance #19 Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8968 battles
  • [SVTSC]
Oh gosh LOL. I remember you guys from when I used to play Dogfight. My username was Ravenwood.
  • Armin Van Buuren, Above and Beyond, Jorn Van Deynhoven, Tommy Johnson, Daniel Kandi, Omnia, Cosmic Gate, John O' Callaghan, Shogun, Super8/TAB, Sean Tyas, Beat Service
  • I live the songwriter's life
  • RIP BORIS NEMTSOV (1959-2015)

AStateOfTrance #20 Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:06 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8968 battles
  • [SVTSC]
It's funny cause now some of my old gaming buds will be on here. :D
  • Armin Van Buuren, Above and Beyond, Jorn Van Deynhoven, Tommy Johnson, Daniel Kandi, Omnia, Cosmic Gate, John O' Callaghan, Shogun, Super8/TAB, Sean Tyas, Beat Service
  • I live the songwriter's life
  • RIP BORIS NEMTSOV (1959-2015)

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users